Taken From My Own World- A Bl...

By WyvernHuntress

Katidara Finch has never been a normal girl. She has worked, since her parents, as she puts it "idiotic", dea... More

Introduction
Chapter One- The End
Chapter Two- The Attack
Chapter Three- The Interrogation
Chapter Four- The Test(s)
Chapter Five- The Kitsune
Chapter Six- The Undertaker
Chapter Seven- The Shinigamis' Attack, Take 2
Chapter Eight- Lost and Found, Strangeness all around
Chapter Nine- More Memories of Sadness
Chapter Ten- A "Vacation" Pt 1
Discontinued

Chapter 11- A "Vacation" Pt Two

261 14 23
By WyvernHuntress

       (Hm, I never thought so many people would actually like this fanfic... So sorry guys, if this chapter is short for you, but honestly I lost interest in writing this book... But tell me. If you guys have any plot ideas, anything you think will inspire me to keep writing, just tell me. :3 It'll certainly give me a better chance of writing more!)

Unbidden, tendrils of frosty, panicked breath escaped my lips, streaming through the air like excited, vaporous white snakes. My feet crunched  in the frozen grass, splintering like my high hopes for the impossible. For once, I didn't care what sort of noises I made, sprinting madly through the woods, hoping and praying to the many gods that I got there in time.

        "Don't worry, I'm coming," Those treacherous words formed a chant in my mind, as though they would help me in my desperate flight. Hah. Really, it was quite pitiful. Finally, terse and exhausted, I skidded to a stop in front of a small cabin in the woods, breath catching in suspense and terror: The moon shone balefully upon a kicked down door, splintered and shattered to bits. In a zombie like state, I shuffled to the door, and immediately I froze in horror.

        "Camile," I leaned against the doorway, the only thing keeping me from collapsing, tears flowing freely from my eyes and forming frozen rivers upon my face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I pounded my fist against the frame until it was bloody and there was an obvious mark. The leafless trees clacked their icy branches together in a dirge, and my footsteps stained the forest floor, a veritable blanket of snow, red.

        "It's always snow, isn't it?" Casting my eyes up to the cold, unforgiving stars, I let myself cry for the first time since Reagan's death, three years before.

        "It's always snow, isn't it?" I sighed, slowly rising from unconciousness like a body rising from the water. Sitting up, I massaged my temples, squinting my eyes shut from the horrible pain contracting my heart. "It's been awhile since I had that dream." Braiding my hair, I hopped up from bed, not failing to notice Mei-Rin's absence. With another sigh, I slipped into a fresh dress, dusted my hat off, and exited the room, scooping up the sleeping Yuki along the way.

        "You're always sleeping, little fox. Why is that?" I wondered aloud, stroking Yuki as I set her on my head. As usual, I recieved no answer, merely a slight whimper in her slumber and a slight pawing before she stilled. "No matter," I shrugged, and then froze as I heard a feminine laugh. 'That presence," I thought, turning slowly, "It's the same... from when we first arrived." Frowning, I unfocused my eyes, gazing down the hallway to see a being with an aura simoultaneously darker and lighter than Sebastian's. 'It's as I guessed: A fallen angel.'

        She was very pretty, in all admitability, with short, shaggy white hair and large amethyst eyes gleaming from her pale oval face. Her maid's uniform was similar to Mei-Rins, only considerably longer and a light lavender hue. With her considerable height and lovely smile, it'd be easy to see why someone could easily mistake her for a divine being. When my eyes glowed, I could see the faint outline of dove gray wings stretching from her back.

        "Forgive me. I merely find it so humorous when owners talk to their animals." She smiled, and my lip curled in distaste.

        "Forgive me for correcting you, but Yuki is my friend. I do not believe one can truly own an animal," I scratched Yuki's ear, "Without grasping how intelligent and feeling they are. Yuki stays with me because she wants to. She's more companion then pet, to me." She only laughed once more, brining her hand to her lips.

        "What a funny little human," She exclaimed, "I am Angela. Might I request your name?"

        "Archer," I replied bluntly, folding my arms, adding, "And I hate upstarty nonhumans such as yourself."

        "How perceptive," Angela smiled innocently, "Are you perhaps trying to provoke me?"

        "Perhaps," Replying nonchalantly, I walked around the angel, "After all, you are fallen. Why else would your aura be so corrupted?" Not even looking back, I could sense the consdensending glare within her amethyst gaze, the blood thirstiness. 'Good, I struck a nerve. Mayhaps I'll get this deceptive little 'servant' to show her true colors.' That thought in mind, I allowed myself a wicked smile before wiping it away and walking down the hallway. 'That'll be fun. I haven't faced a Fallen in a while.' Sure footed, I walked to Ciel's bedroom, sensing his immediate aura of frustration.

        "I take it, then, that the case isn't solved?" After recieving a muffled, irritated 'enter,' I complied, adding, "How disappointing." Ciel stood at his desk, clutching the wood as though he wanted to break it to pieces. Though it was stating the obvious, I knew he couldn't possibly with his stregnth, equal to that of a willow branch... no not even. A pine needle in the middle of summer, dry and brittle and frail. Yuki snickered on my shoulder. "What precisely occured during my slumber?" Mouthing out of the corner of my mouth, I gazed coolly at the extremely frustrated Earl.

        "Merely the excruciatingly violent murder of Lord Barrymore," Sebastian smiled pleasantly, and I snorted, pinching the bridge of my nose.

        "Did I not tell you, Young Master?" I turned my eyes back to Ciel, who looked up expectantly. "'All the stories are true.'  When dealing your cards in the supernatural, never cast aside the joker. It might just turn out to be useful." With that, I waved my hand flippantly, exiting the room. "I'll go investigate, if no one objects. Come along, Yuki." The little fox hesitated at the door, one paw in the air, meeting Sebastian's crimson eyes cautiously. The raven demon cocked his head to the side before nodding, eyes glowing slightly.

        "I know," He stated under his breath, and I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

        "Yu-ki," I enunciated with slight irritation, and she lept onto my shoulder, biting my ear. "Alright I'm sorry. Let's just go get some information. I may be gone a while." When I reached the nearest window, I hopped out, rolling to the ground while holding my hat. "Now then, where's the nearest graveyard?"

        *Omniscient*

        Ronald roamed the streets of Houndsworth with a bored expression plastered upon his features, a yawn threatening to escape his lips. The sky, as usual, was a boring blank slate of grays and ever darker grays, a land bereft of trees... or anything fun, for that matter. Raking his fingers through his ruffled blond hair, he sighed, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, mist slapping against his face. He was only pacing, repeatedly jumping across the meager line of houses, with nothing better to do as he was stuck there.

        "Of all places to be stuck in for assignment," He groaned, shaking his head in frustration. Leisurely leaining on his death scythe, he glimpsed his note book. "'Assess position of Archer: With Phantomhive or no?' Not so simple, William-sempai." Snapping the book shut, he jumped onto the streets below, the mist hiding his scythe perfectly.  Sighing, he found himself ambling towards the graveyard, kicking pebbles along the way.

        The Houndsworth Cemetery, spelled out in spidery, worn lettering above its rusted gate, was no more than a smattering of stones upon a wind-scarred hill. Ravens cawed harshly, the wind whistled shrilly, and wooden chimes clacked ominously: A melody of sounds weaving together for an eerie cacaphony of noises that sent the spine tinging. Ronald waved his hand over his death scythe, causing it to disappear, and put his hands in his pockets. He ran his hand over the moist bark of a skeletal tree, roots growing over a worn headstone, and stooped down to read it when he heard something. It started out as a clear note, but then it began to rise and fall with the wind, lilting and intriguing. There weren't any words to this song, yet it entranced him, and like the sirens of lore it lured him towards its owners location.

        And there she stood, a phantom breeze blowing her long hair and all the world silent as to hear her song.

        *Archer*

        My voice rose and fell in pitch, the scale with more ups and downs than the wildest roller coaster. Ravens cocked their heads at me, suddenly curious, and swooped over, perching on the graves like they were no more than seats in a theatre. Yuki tensed, and I stroked her comfortingly, but I only increased in pitch. No going back once it started. The dark birds began to circle around me, a veritable vortex of black feathers, whirling and whirling around me. Closing my eyes, I allowed the not so silence to fill my ears, listening to their harsh cawing.        

        "There." I stated, grabbing in a seemingly random direction. The startled birds scattered, taking off in a storm, their feathers raining down from the sky. Opening my eyes, I firmly grasped the struggling creature in my hand.

        It wasn't a raven, that much was for certain, although it shared the same feathers and coloring. But thats where the simalarites ended. Its four wings were like that of a bat's, bald and as dark a red as wine. A long, scaly jade tail whipped behind it, a sickle like blade at its end, continually attempting to get my arm. It did indeed have a beak, but it was longer and narrower, curving like the bill of the ibis in Egypt. Where its bald, gray face should have been, there were simply eyes, all of them a different hue, and there was a single one that was only white in the center of its forehead. Eventually, it ceased its quixotic struggling and glared at me with its numerous gazes.

        My eyes gleamed their brilliant blue, and its multiple ones gleamed a sulfurous yellow along with it.

        "Corpse Swallower," I said respectfully, releasing the thing and holding my arm out like a falconer. It landed on it, sweeping a bow with its two of its wings.  

        "I much prefer All-Seer," Its eyes all focused on me, eerily, "What is it you require?" Its voice was like the whispering among the graves, like the dead telling each other secrets within the earth.

        "For that, you require your name, correct?" The All-Seer nodded, grinning a devilish grin to rival Sebastian's.

        "Clever girl," Ruffling its feathers and puffing out its chest, it looked to me expectantly. Unfocusing my eyes, I looked dead into its blind eye until it became a color: A light, impossible amethyst.

        "Lavendula," Emotionlessly, I stated, smirking at its surprised look. "Now, tell me: Is there a demon hound around here, true or false."

        "False," It chirped, and my eyes widened, then narrowed.

        "Demon hounds?" Lavendula nodded, and then flew off, laughing maniacally.

        "Oh dear," Pinching the bridge of my nose, I coaxed a trembling Yuki out from behind my hair. "Sorry, little fox. Now then," Smirking, I pulled down the bridge of my hat. "I haven't faced a demon hound before... Interesting. Let's go, Yuki." Calmly, I walked off, flippantly waving behind me. "Oh, and Monsieur Knox?" I could feel his shock through the thick fog. "I prefer not to have an audience. Au revoir." With that, I walked out of the grave yard and back towards the Barrymore manor... or should I say former?

        Smirk widening, I walked off into the fog.

        "Yuki, if you wouldn't mind finding the Young Master and telling him I'll be absent for a bit?" She looked from me to the barren moor and back, cautiously eyeing each and every shadow. "I'll be alright. Go on." She lept away, though I sensed her hesitation. Sighing, I shook my head and sprinted off into the fog.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1.8K 77
(Y/N) Phantomhive is the older sister of Ciel Phantomhive. She had sworn to protect her baby brothers from harm the day they were born, though 4 year...
35.1K 1.2K 43
Adrians first few years as a reaper were getting lonely, but then he saved a girl from falling down in the Grim Reaper library, and just looking at h...
129K 4K 27
I turned the letter over in my hand, I hadn't seen my dear sister, Cecilia, since the fire, the doctors weren't sure she'd make it and she'd spent th...
3.4K 113 29
**Currently on hiatus until inspiration hits me First story on wattpad ever that was written because I got bored but anyway; You died in your previ...