Trouble (EDITING) (Lesbian St...

By SoulessObsession

Tori and Jade's fights are infamous at Hollywood Arts. They fight in the morning, they fight at lunch, they f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

64K 1.6K 2K
By SoulessObsession

“Ouch!” Jade winced as the needle pierced her eyebrow. Tori smirked and gripped the raven-haired beauty’s hand tightly. The pretty blonde doing the piercing smirked as well to which Jade scowled fiercely. The woman put the simple piece of jewelry into Jade’s eyebrow and stood back, admiring the finishing product. Tori’s eyes roamed Jade’s face and blushed slightly. She had definitely been right, the piercing looked unbelievably sexy on Jade. The girl was so attractive that it was almost unfair.

Jade noticed the look and a lopsided grin spread across her lips. “See something you like?” she threw in a wink for good measure. Tori swallowed the lump in her throat, feeling like her cheeks were about to burst into fire as her nether regions exploded with heat.

“As if you needed a bigger ego booster,” Tori mumbled. Jade laughed loudly and got up out of the leather chair she’d been sitting in, swinging her hand in Tori’s that had not once been let go of. She rubbed her thumb gently in circles across the brunette’s skin, the action not going unnoticed. Tori’s heart was thumping uncomfortably fast and what seemed like a permanent smile was etched across her face.

Is this what it felt like to be happy?

The girls followed the piercer to the front of the shop, still holding hands. The blonde woman glanced at them curiously but didn’t comment. God knew she got a wide variety of people in her shop; lesbian couples certainly weren’t new.

“That’ll be thirty dollars please,” she said politely. Jade fished around in her pocket and let go of Tori’s hand momentarily to find the money. Once she had given it to the woman, her hand was straight back in the brunette’s, causing butterflies to explode in Tori’s stomach.

Once Jade had received the icepack and the cleaning materials for her new piercing, the girls walked hand in hand out of the shop and down the street in silence, reveling in the slight nip in the air and listening to the birds calling to one another. There was never an awkward moment and for this, Tori was grateful, content just to be in Jade’s company. The unpleasant scene with her mother earlier in the day was pushed to the back of her mind the longer she spent time with Jade. However, she knew she would have to go back home at some point and her spirits were dampened dramatically. Jade noticed the sudden change in mood and squeezed Tori’s hand in concern, pulling them to a halt in the middle of the street.

“Are you alright, Tori?”

Tori smiled thinly but sighed. “I’m just thinking about going back home again.”

“Don’t even give that a thought right now. You’re with me and we’re spending time together away from your mother. We still have a few hours left yet,” Jade replied, almost fiercely. She was determined to keep Tori distracted, even if it was only for a little while. The girl deserved happiness and Jade was going to do all that she could to give it to her.

This time the smile on Tori’s face was genuine. “What would I do without you?”

Jade rolled her eyes playfully. “Be horribly bored?”

This earned a loud laugh and Jade couldn’t help but marvel at how beautiful the sound was. She shook her head in bemusement.

“What?” Tori asked curiously. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I was just thinking,” Jade replied, swinging their hands together as they started to walk down the street again. “How wonderfully scary it is that your happiness means a great deal to me.”

Tori was surprised and looked at Jade’s face. Her murky eyes were far away and she was biting her lip in thought. The brunette would never get used to some of the things that came out of Jade’s mouth. This new girl that actually confides in Tori about her feelings unnerves her slightly. However, she knew that Jade was holding back. She knew there were things she didn’t quite yet understand about her new girlfriend, but there was no rush. They had all the time in the world. The thought brought a smile on her face as her heart sped up in response.

“Well, I for one, still cannot believe that you, Jade West, actually… likes me,” Tori said breathlessly. “After all those years of fighting and not being able to stand one another… it’s just… it’s like a dream! I half expect to wake up in my bed, extremely disappointed to find that it wasn’t real.”

Jade grinned beautifully at the brunette. “Don’t worry babe, I can guarantee that it is one-hundred percent real.”

Babe.

That one, little word caused Tori’s heart to leap into her throat. She felt like squealing for joy. Warmth spread throughout her entire body and the smile that appeared ached her cheeks. After all those times hearing Jade call Beck that and wishing it was her she was saying it to, Tori could hardly believe it. It was finally happening.

“I like it when you call me that,” Tori finally got out, feeling her cheeks heat up slightly.

“What, ‘babe?’” Jade asked cocking her head in curiosity as she took in the sudden flushed complexion of her girlfriend. Tori merely nodded, looking down at the ground sheepishly. Jade couldn’t help the smirk and she stopped them again. They were outside a pet store and the irritating birds inside were shrieking. Not exactly the most romantic scenario she could think of. But nevertheless…

Jade cupped Tori’s chin in one hand and brought her head up so that she could see her face. Jade swallowed harshly, truly realizing just how beautiful the brunette was. The high cheekbones, the warm chocolate eyes and the soft lips just begging to be kissed. And so, that is what she did. Jade leaned down and kissed Tori, sweetly and gently. Their eyes fluttered close and Tori didn’t try to deepen it, drowning in the feeling of affection and warmth.

When they broke apart, both girls’ eyes were sparkling and both chests were heaving. The kiss had been simple and yet had more effect on their bodies than if they’d been passionately making out. There had been too many emotions thrown into that kiss and Tori was feeling positively overwhelmed, unsure how to cope with how she felt for the raven-haired beauty.

“That was-” Jade said breathlessly.

“Amazing?” Tori finished laughing. Jade hummed in response, making up her mind that chocolate brown was now her favorite color.

“I could certainly get used to this,” Jade murmured as they once again, made their way down the street. Fingers laced with fingers, slightly sweaty palms pressed tightly together, thumb circling over soft skin.

“Tell me about it,” Tori sighed happily. “So where are we off to next, Miss West?”

Jade snorted at the title. “Miss West, huh?” Tori merely slapped the raven-haired beauty’s arm in response causing another cackle from Jade.

“You always call me ‘Vega!’” Tori complained.

“I know, it’s a bit of a habit,” Jade confessed. “But I’m trying to get out of it.”

“Oh thanks,” Tori said sarcastically. “Because using my name must be so hard,” the brunette rolled her eyes playfully. “Seriously though, what are we going to do now?”

The question had a double connotation to it, Jade heard it. What are we going to do now? The raven-haired beauty shrugged.

Take each day as it comes, I suppose.

“Let’s go see a movie,” Jade said instead.

“As long as it isn’t that new gory film, then I’m all for it,” Tori laughed.

“Fine,” Jade drawled. “But no romantic comedies either!”

“Okay then, so either a comedy or an action film?”

Jade nodded. “Sounds good.”

The girls headed for Jade’s car in the underground carpark and got in, Jade pulling out and heading for the movie theatre. In the silence that ensued, Tori suddenly had a thought.

“Is this a date?” she blurted out. Jade grinned and chuckled.

“Sure, if you want it to be,” she replied, winking at the brunette. Tori definitely wanted it to be and smiled happily all the way to the cinemas.

The girls bickered amiably about what film they wanted to see the entire way into the building. However, as soon as they got inside they both exclaimed, “Interstellar!”

Jade grinned at Tori. “So Interstellar?”

Tori blushed and nodded. Jade paid for their tickets (despite Tori’s arguments) and they compromised on the popcorn which Tori purchased. They sat down in the cool theatre and in the dark, Tori rested her head on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

*

“That was the most incredible film I have ever seen,” Tori commented three hours later as they sat in the car, munching on the leftover popcorn.

“I didn’t really get it,” Jade admitted looking out of the window at the darkening sky. It was getting late and Tori would have to go home soon.

“Yeah, it was a bit complicated,” Tori mumbled. “D-do you think that maybe I could go over to your house instead of going home tonight?”

The effect was immediate. Jade’s entire body stiffened, her hand clenched against the steering wheel, knuckles going unbearably white.

“No,” she said quietly. “You can’t come over. Not now, not ever.”

Tori was hurt. It surprised her how much that hurt.

“Why not?” she demanded. Jade still refused to look at her.

Tori,” Jade stressed. “Can’t you just accept that I have a perfectly good reason why you can never come to my house?”

Tori narrowed her eyes, slightly angry now. “Not unless you tell me that reason!”

The raven-haired beauty finally turned around to look at her girlfriend. Tori was shocked to see the pure agitation and fear etched on her beautiful face. The brunette couldn’t understand it, couldn’t understand why Jade was so afraid of the idea.

“You just can’t, okay? It-it wouldn’t be smart.” Jade’s voice trembled slightly and worry burst through Tori’s veins. Something wasn’t right here. The brunette gently put a hand on Jade’s thigh and the girl flinched.

“Jade, what is going on?” Tori asked firmly.

“Nothing! Just because we’re together now, doesn’t mean I have to tell you everything!” Jade exploded. Tori felt tears of frustration, anger and hurt prickle at her eyes. She recognized the defense mechanism that Jade always returned to when she wasn’t comfortable with the situation, when she wasn’t in control. It wasn’t an excuse to talk to her like that though.

“Actually, being in a relationship does mean that! It means trust,” Tori bit back. “Don’t you trust me?”

Jade’s features softened as she saw the unshed tears glistening in the brunette’s eyes.

“Of course I do, Tori,” she sighed. “I didn’t mean it, okay? It’s just- some things are better left unsaid.”

Tori didn’t reply, only sinking back into the car seat and glaring out of the window. She knew she was being childish and possibly even selfish, but right then, she didn’t care. She wanted Jade to be able to tell her everything. She wanted her to trust her completely.   

“Take me home,” Tori murmured quietly. Jade sighed, feeling her stomach drop to her toes. She knew she had done the right thing not telling Tori, but then why did she feel like total crap?

It’s for the best. It’s still early days. She would probably run for the hills if she knew.

The car ride home was silent, awkward at best. The tension between them was unbearable for Jade but she didn’t have a clue on how to fix it. The day had been going perfectly. Why did it have to end on such an awful note?

When Jade pulled up to Tori’s house, the brunette sighed heavily, feeling shame circle her body. She shouldn’t have reacted the way she did. She should have respected Jade’s privacy.

“Jade, I’m sorry,” she murmured. “I shouldn’t have pushed like that.”

Jade felt relief stronger than anything else. Tori didn’t hate her. It was okay. “Don’t apologise, okay? You know I have problems opening up at the best of times. Just wait for me to catch up. It may take a while before I’m ready to tell you everything.”

Tori nodded, accepting the answer. She leaned in and placed a sweet kiss on Jade’s cheek. Jade grabbed Tori’s face and leaned in, kissing the brunette on the lips with an intensity that was hard to ignore. Tori immediately melted into the touch, a moan caught in her throat when their tongues clashed together.

It was hot, desperate and needy. She suddenly realized that Jade was afraid of losing her. The tight clinginess of the kiss told her as much. The girl was completely and utterly terrified and Tori felt her heart clench at the newfound knowledge. The fact that she had gotten angry at the Goth previously now seemed silly. Jade needed her to be there for her and not question it. She needed Tori’s support, and the brunette was determined to give it to her.

The girls finally pulled apart, breathing heavily.

“I get it,” Tori whispered. “I’m just worried about you.”

“I know,” Jade whispered back as she pressed her forehead against the brunette’s. “But I’ll be alright. I always am.”

Those last three words seemed forced and Tori looked into those green eyes with all the concern in the world.

“Are you sure?”

Jade didn’t answer and that was all Tori needed to know the truth.

“Jade, listen to me,” Tori said slightly desperately. “I’m not going anywhere. Do you hear me? I’m not going anywhere.

A sarcastic laugh escaped the raven-haired beauty’s lips. “It’s only been a couple of weeks, Vega. How can you possibly say that?”

Tori’s nostrils flared. “We may have only been dating for a few weeks, but how many years have I been fighting for your friendship? I have never once given up. Yes, it wasn’t easy, but it was so worth it.”

Jade’s eyes watered and a thin smile played on her lips. “Thank you. Really. It means so much to me-”

Her voice broke and Tori pressed a soft kiss against her lips.

“I’ve got to go,” she whispered. “But I’ll text you, okay?”

“Okay,” Jade mumbled back. Tori gave her once last, fleeting smile, and got out of the car. The night air was cold and she shivered, hurrying to her front door before she froze. Looking back, Tori saw Jade wipe her eyes before pulling out of her driveway. The worry she felt for the girl never ceased and she sighed.

Opening the door to her house, she stepped in, surprised to see that all the lights were turned off. Turning them back on again, she called out, “Trina?” There was no response and she frowned. Maybe the girl had gone to bed early? It seemed unlikely, but she shrugged, not worrying about it too much. It wasn’t unlike her sister to forget to lock the door if she had gone out with some friends.

Getting a glass of water, she trudged up the stairs and to her room, her thoughts never once wavering from Jade. Her reaction tonight had been worrying to say the least and she was trying desperately to connect the dots, to figure out why she had been so afraid at the idea of Tori going to her home.

She sat on her bed and put the glass of water on her bedside table. And that’s when it hit her.

Long-sleeved shirts. Never showing anything above the knee.

“Oh-oh my God,” Tori whispered, horrified by the direction her thoughts had turned to. “She’s not- she’s not abused at home, is she?”

Tori refused to believe it. There was no way. There had to be another reason. But she couldn’t shake the growing dread in her stomach.

If Jade was in danger…

Tori promised herself that she would ask the raven-haired beauty in the morning. She had to know. She had to make sure that her girlfriend was safe.  

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Next chapter will be from Jade's point of view and what it's really like at home for her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Velveteen By :|

Fanfiction

46K 850 18
Beck and Jade are both strong personalities that work well together as a couple, but because they're so similar they end up fighting a lot. What if t...
26K 638 27
Jade and Tori. A story between Jade and Tori. Jade and Tori aren't close. Tori and Beck are dating and Jade's jealous. Extremely jealous. She hates t...
3.8K 61 20
Tori likes Jade, Jade hates Tori, frenemy situation ensues. It's as simple as that, and that's how Jade likes it. But life isn't so simple, and Jade...
85.8K 2K 19
Tori Vega and Jade West are always fighting, but what happens when Tori starts developing feelings for Jade. How will Jade react when she finds out...