Defenceless l.s

By guccidowntothefloor

Louis is abused Harry is his boss ----- When Louis quits his job, his boyfriend gets him a job interview with... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Q&A (Don't worry, there is an update aswell :)
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
EPILOGUE.OUT.NOW
A/N

Fifty Five

20.8K 684 2.3K
By guccidowntothefloor

Sorry for a kinda crappy chapter, Ive just been. . . tired I guess

Today 00.04

From Zayn: Where did u go?

From Zayn: Did u leave?

From Zayn: Did u leave with Styles?? 😏

From Zayn: Louis

From Zayn: Louis

From Zayn: Louis

From Zayn: Louuuuuis

From Zayn: Lou

From Zayn: Answer meeee

From Zayn: Lou seriously wherr are u???

From Zayn: LOUIS!!

From Zayn: LOOOOUYYUISS!!!

From Zayn: Ugh

From Zayn: >:/

From Zayn: Looooooou :*(

From Zayn: Traitorus fucker

From Zayn: >:(

Today 02.54

From Zayn: ...

From Zayn: Im eating all ylur chips just so u know

From Zayn: Ew, what flavour is this!???!

From Zayn: 🤢🤮🤮

From Zayn: Ugh, get chips on your way home

From Zayn: Wheb are u coming btw??

From Zayn: Today oor??

From Zayn: Cause I want chips

From Zayn: Can u also get eggs while ur there?

From Zayn: Ugh

From Zayn: Fine ignore me then

From Zayn: 😒😣😔

Today 11.13

Form Zayn: RISE AND SHINE LOUISSS!!!

From Zayn: Yo, Did you get kidnapped or something?

From Zayn: Dont forget my eggs 

From Zayn: 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚

From Zayn: And my chips

From Zayn: You can pick up some breakfast from McDonalds to if you want, complitely your choise

From Zayn: I want 2 egg muffins btw

From Louis: Omg what is the matter with oyu

From Louis: And its mcmuffin 

From Louis: idiot

From Louis:  You woke me up -_-

From Zayn: Well thats too bad, isnt it

From Zayn: Where are you anyways??"

From Zayn: And when are you coming home, Im hungryy

From Louis: Im at harrys, we watched a movie

From Louis: Or 2 mut his one sucked

From Louis: Ugh youre so annoying get your own damn breakfast

From Zayn: OMG YOU WENT ONA DATE WITH AHRRY STYLES??!!!??

From Louis: Ugh its to early for this

From Zayn: ??????????????????

From Louis: -_-

To Zayn: Its not a date, chill 🙄

From Zayn: OMG 

From Zayn: WTF LOUIS YOU CANT JUST LEAVE ME WIT THAT WAH THE HELL HAPPENED ?!?!?!??

From Zyan: OMG WHAT MOVIR DID YOU WATCH

From Zayn: SOMETHING ROMANTIC????

From Zayn: BET!

From Louis: -_- Okay bye

From Zayn: WHAt

From Zayn: HELLO 

From Zayn: COME BCAK HERE U BICHT

From Zayn: HELLLLOOOOO

From Louis: If you dont shut up I wont get you your mcdonalds

From Zayn: 😐😑

From Zayn: Youre evil

From Louis: 😏

From Zayn: 🖕🖕🖕🖕

Louis shut off his phone and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes trying not to think too hard about yesterday. It was fine, he told himself, cause they are friends. He wondered how it would be when he went back to work on monday, they obviously wouldn't be this friendly at work. Though he was best friends with Niall so maybe it wasnt that weird. Louis didn't know and decided it would be best to handle the situation like any mature adult and ignore it until monday came.

He folded the comforter and placed it at the end of the couch before he went looking for Harry. The sound of sizzling eggs led him to the kitchen where Harry was standing by the stove.

"So you're a cook now as well? I told you. Movie character," he mumbled with his sleep ridden voice.

Harry turned around and smiled at him, "Good morning, are you hungry?" He asked and gestured to the pan on the stove, "I'm making eggs and bacon," he said with a bright smile. Why the fuck is he so happy, it's like three in the morning. But bacon did sound good, Zayn would just have to wait. That's too bad, isn't it? 

"Um okay," Harry's eyes lit up like the fucking sun and his smile widened and Louis just wanted to go back to sleep. How come he needs coffee so badly every morning if he's this energetic. And not just any coffe, black coffe that's strong as fuck. Like a black hole, it would probably consume Louis' entire soul if he ever drank that shit, that's why he stayed as far away from it as possible. 

"I'm gonna make toast, do you want some?" He asked and Louis had forced his eyes open so he wouldn't fall asleep on the spot. Ugh, he wanted his tea. 

"Yeah sure," he said, "I'm just gonna go freshen up," he gestured awkwardly with his arms. Harry hummed in response and Louis scurried away to the bathroom. He splashed some ice cold water onto his face and took a deep breath, what time did he sleep yesterday? Three? Four? Five? Right, then he woke up! Why did this always have to happen when he was with Harry? It's like the universe wanted him to appear as an even bigger loser. 

He combed through his hair with his hand so it looked half decent before going back out to the kitchen again. He sat down by the large white table and watched as Harry cooked. He was humming on a song Louis recognized from the radio, Thinking out loud he thought as he listened in. 

"You like Ed Sheeran?" He asked, making small talk.

"Yeah, he's one of my favorite writers actually," Harry replied with a smile. The corners of Louis' lips turned slightly upward at the sight of Harry's dimples but he was still too tired to smile. 

"Really? What's your favorite song?"

"Oh, I don't know. I like almost every one of his songs but probably Castle on the hill. It's just a masterpiece you know? Even though it makes me sad," he said after thinking for a while. Louis hummed even though he's never heard of this song.

"I like Taylor Swift," he said and rested his elbow on the table with his head in his hand.

"Yeah, she's good too," Harry agreed. "She's really talented." Louis hummed. "You're not much of a morning person, are you?" Harry chuckled.

"No. No I am not," Louis said and yawned, bringing his little hand up to cover his mouth.

"It's not even morning anymore, it's almost noon"

"Well it's morning for me, it's the weekend. You're supposed to sleep until 3pm," and the face Harry pulled was almost comical.

"Who sleeps until 3pm? Are you kidding me?"

"I am one hundred percent serious"

"Wow that's crazy, I think the latest I've ever had breakfast is 2pm and I was hungover," Harry said and placed two plates on the table before taking a seat. 

"It's not that crazy, if you get up later you won't need a cup of acid every morning," Louis' phone blinged.

From Zayn: Dont forget my chips

Louis rolled his eyes at his friend and put the phone down on the table. "What?" Harry asked curiously.

"Nothing, just Zayn being annoying," he said and took a bite of his toast. 

"Hope he isn't mad you ditched him yesterday"

"Nah, I'm sure he's fine," Louis grinned. "Thank you for making me breakfast by the way, it's really good."

Harry smiled that dimpled smile again and Louis wanted to poke it with his finger. Why hasn't he noticed his dimples before? "No worries, it's just eggs," he shrugged off. They finished breakfast in a comfortable silence and Harry lent him a hoodie to wear over his shirt. 

"Do you want me to drive you?" Harry asked when it was time for Louis to leave.

"No, I'm good. I can take the bus," he said, but then he remembered his promise to Zayn. "Or I wouldn't mind a ride," he smiled sheepishly.

Harry chuckled, "alright then, let me just grab my keys," he said as he put his jacket on. 

As soon as the door kicked open Zayn sprinted to the front door. "What the hell took you so long? I'm starving and what happened to Styles?" 

"Bitch, be grateful I got you food," Louis said and walked past him to the living room. 

"Hello? Styles?"

"I told you we watched a movie together. And then another but that one wasn't any good," Louis shrugged.

"What movie?" Zayn asked and took the food out of Louis' hands. 

"We watched Aladdin and then we watched The Little Mermaid, I don't understand why anyone likes that movie."

"Alladdin? You watched Alladdin with Harry Styles? Alladdin? Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"What's wrong with Alladdin? It's the best"

"It's a Disney movie"

"Okay?"

"Oh wow, okay. I'm going to eat now," Zayn said after his mini freak out.

"What?" Louis asked, confused.

"Nothing, just didn't think he would be the Disney type," he shrugged and took a bite of his breakfast. "You've eaten, right?" 

Louis rolled his eyes, "yes, I've eaten. Stop worrying so much." 

Zayn held his hands up in surrender, "Sorry,"

"Whatever, I'm going to bed," 

"You just woke up," Zayn laughed.

"I had like two hours of sleep Zayn. That's never enough," he said dramatically.

"Really? Any particular reason you stayed up all night?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

Louis flipped him off as he headed to the bedroom, "yes, we stayed up all night and jumped around until we saw the sun," he said sarcastically.

Zayn snorted, "you gotta tell me everything about your date when you wake up."

"It's not a date," Louis called as he changed into his sweatpants and crawled into bed, keeping Harry's hoodie on. It was very warm and Louis loved oversized clothes. Now, it probably wasn't oversized on Harry but it's not his fault he's a giant. BFG. Did he really call him that? Louis cringed at the memory and buried his face into the pillow. He's never drinking again. Ever. 

He really liked Harry and was glad he could call him a friend, after the years of living with Liam he had forgotten what that felt like and he was almost starting to feel like his life was slowly going back to how it used to be before shit hit the fan. He's not sure where it all went wrong, he used to be so happy even when he only had one friend cause he had his family who he loved more than life itself. And then he met Liam and he was the happiest he's ever been. But then something changed and Louis didn't know what he did to make him so mad, so protective of him. 

He knew his friendship with Zayn bothered him because of how close they were but he didn't think it was anything to be jealous over. Liam had plenty of friends he was close with. But he guessed that's just how he was and he would have to accept that if he wanted to be with him. He didn't think he would have to cut Zayn out of his life though.

Louis had told himself over and over again to stop feeling so damn guilty every time he went out with a friend, with Niall for lunch or with Zayn to the bar. He felt especially bad when he agreed to move in with Zayn because he felt like he was betraying him. Betraying his trust but staying with someone he knew he couldn't stand but he had nowhere else to go and he didn't want to turn Liam in. 

But now he had to go in for questioning anyways cause apparently he's dangerous. Harry said he called the police cause he's dangerous not only for himself but for other people and Louis couldn't argue against that. He knew for a fact that he would hurt Zayn if they ever crossed paths but that was only because Louis put him in danger. If he had just hidded those stupid bruises no one would be in danger and Liam would be free. It shouldn't be that hard to keep your boyfriend happy.

Louis wiped at his eyes as his heart constricted just thinking about monday. Would he have to face Liam? He couldn't imagine how hurt he must be that his own boyfriend- or ex-boyfriend is the one who'll send him to jail.

He wanted Harry's comforting arms to wrap around him. Louis sniffled and curled into a ball as another wave of guilt crushed over him. He shouldt want Harry, he should want Laim. But he hadn't felt his embrace in so long he  had almost forgotten what it felt like. 

He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around himself feeling his eyelids grow heavier by the minute. Now, it wasn't as comforting as Harry's arms but it would have to do. Louis turned over to his side and rested his head on his arm, hiding his face in the crook of his elbow anbentmindely taking in Harry's scent and falling into a slumber. 

Louis tapped nervously at the desk as his eyes kept flickering to the bottom corner of his screen. Two hours. He had two hours before he had to go for questioning and he was sure he was going to be sick. He had even found himself on the bathroom floor kneeling over the toilet but nothing came up. He had considered not coming to work at all today but he knew then he would just end up not going at all. Both Harry and Niall had checked up on him, asking if he was alright and while he appreciated their concern he didn't want their pity. It most certainly didn't make him feel any better. 

"Can't focus?" A familiar voice snapped him out of his trance. Louis took a deep breath trying to ease his nausea before looking up at her with a confused frown. 

"No, I just feel a bit sick," he explained with a sigh. Chloe nodded in understanding and he didn't understand why she was here, talking to him.

She furrowed her eyebrows with worry, "oh, are you alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it, it's nothing serious," he shrugged off and Chloe nodded hesitantly.

"Right, but maybe you should head home if you're not feeling alright. You can get sick, I'm sure Mr.Styles would understand."

"Oh, that's not necessary"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Louis nodded with a little smile.

"Okay, if you say so," she gave in and a silence settled over the two. "How's it going with your boyfriend?" she asked, not wanting it to get awkward. 

A frown immediately appeared on his face, "um, we actually. . . He's not my boyfriend anymore," he decided to say.

"Oh," she said surprised, "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I shouldn't have asked you about it," she was quick to say when she saw the sad look and Louis' face.

"That's alright. Like you said, you didn't know," Louis said quietly. 

"No, but it wasn't any of my business, I shouldn't have-"

"Chloe, it's fine," he cut her off with a sigh. "Look, don't take this the wrong way but like, why are you talking to me?" He didn't mean it to come out so rude and guilt immediately settled in his stomach when Chloe's gaze fell to the floor and a faint blush covered her already rosy cheeks.

Her frown deepened as she seemed deep in thought. "I've been meaning to talk to you for a while actually but I figured you wouldn't want to talk to me," she said with a sad look on her face. Louis was about to object when she continued, "I mean you didn't even want to give me your number and then you blocked me so it was pretty clear," she chuckled awkwardly and Louis felt guilt flood him once again. "But you've just looked so. . .  I don't know," she pondered for the right words. "You just seemed to be having a hard time lately and I hate to see people so sad so I figured,- But I don't know I thought I would. I just wanted to come say hi. I mean Niall mentioned something about a misunderstanding or something like that. I don't really know what he meant but like- I understand if you don't want to be friends. You cant be friends with everyone, right?" She scratched her neck awkwardly.

Louis looked at her, stunned. He hadn't thought anyone had noticed and scold himself for not looking more put together at work. He didn't think Chloe would notice and he certainly didn't think she would care enough to check up on him after what he did, it just made him feel like an even shittier person and he really wanted to slap himself for not explaining himself to her earlier. All she had done was being nice to him and had helped him tremendously during the first weeks. He would probably end getting fired if it wasn't because of her constant coaching. 

Even after that first week, Louis groaned internally. "Chloe, stop," he cut off her rambling. "Look, I'm so sorry for blocking you. I just had some. . . Problems with my boyfriend," he explained, hoping she wouldn't read too much into it. "I should've talked to you, and I'm so sorry and I definitely want to be your friend but I genuinely didnt think youd want anything to do with me anymore. I'm sorry for being such a dick earlier, I should've talked to you myself and not make Niall do it," he rushed out.

A huge smile split her face and Louis sighed in relief, he didn't want her disliking him anymore, she's such a sweet person and she definitely didn't deserve to be sad, especially over something he did. "Oh, okay," she said and straightened her skirt before taking a seat on one of the armchairs on the other side of the room, outside Harry's office. 

"No offence but don't you have work?" Louis asked.

"I was just about to grab lunch actually, but I'd much rather catch up with you," she said with a smile. 

"Lunch? This late?" He asked, confused.

"Yeah, I had to attend an emergency meeting," she explained. 

"Oh," Louis nodded in understanding, "about what?"

"A marketing deal, they threatened to pull out if we didn't change our agreement even though it's been the same for years," she said with a roll of her eyes. They talked like old friends until she had to return to work but Louis kinda wanted her to stay so she could keep his mind off this afternoon. Louis swallowed thickly. 83 minutes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 10.9K 60
Harry is the Alpha leader of a friendly pack on a town called Eroda not far away from London. He is tired of being alone and unable to mate, so he d...
523K 11.2K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
650 54 8
where the two boys were thought by their parents to arrange marriage for the two of them in the company Will their relationship last if a man has a...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...