WISHES OF THE HEART

By hafsatuuwaxeery

Hibbatullah Aliyu: Just an ordinary girl whose dream is to become a model. But as it is in the society we... More

a new one
prolugue
CHAPTER ONE
chapter two
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER four
THE DAY
CHAPTER SIX.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT
author's note
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
AUTHORS NOTE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
CHAPTER THIRTY: part two.

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

404 41 34
By hafsatuuwaxeery

Ignore all typos...

Back to the present.

H I B B A T U L L A H ' S POV.

Finally the naming ceremony, and I can't seem to put my butt down. I've been going up and down in the waziri's household making sure nabeelah,hauwa and cutie are dressed so they won't make us late. They are the definition of latecomers, especially hauwa the beauty queen.

"It's almost 4 guys please let's move". I yelled, already frustrated.

"Oh please, there's something called African time". Nabeelah said in a durh tone.
She's already dressed in a beautiful flower patterned ankara sewn into a skirt and peplum blouse, the blouse has a v shaped neck which is covered with a net. The hands are flared at edges. She has her head tied in the famous ture kaga tsiya style.

"Well yes African time, but it wouldn't be cool if the rice, coleslaw and chicken finishes before I get there". I sighed. I'll faint if Amina doesn't keep my share of food, as much as I love the baby that is going to be named today I also love the food that will be served.

I got dressed thirty minutes ago, I wore a simple ebony colored fitted gown. My face is free of any makeup Except powder, kohl, and lastly lip gloss. I wrapped a nutmeg colored veil over my body. I have a honey colored ankle strapped heel. I finished everything off with a nutmeg colored side bag.

"All you know is food madam". Hauwa uttered tying her head tie in zarah buhari's style.
She's wearing an Ankara gown sewn into a fitted gown as well,  deeming the fact that she's the most curvy amongst us, the clothes accentuates every inch of her body, she's smoking hot and am jealous of her body.

"We live to eat babe". I laughed.
Twenty minutes later we are all set to go.

"Beeloh you will drive". I threw the car keys at her before rounding to the other side to settle in the front seat.

Five minutes gone and we are still waiting for their royal highnesses hauwa and cutie.

Nabeelah horned for the hundredth time but the two duffers are not ready to grace us with their presence. I let out a hiss before stepping out of the car.

I stomped all the way back to the house, I met cutie halfway through the stairs, I gave her a glare and she returned an apologetic look.

"Get to the car right now or we are leaving
Without you I promise". I glared moving up to meet hauwa, if she won't come down I'll surely drag her by her hair.

I met her standing, looking at the three pairs of shoes in display, she's obviously the choosy type and am sure she's looking for a shoe that will match her dressing.

"Hauwa pick one pair and come out now or I swear we are leaving without you". I huffed.

"You can go abeg, you people will not allow pesin to dress in peace". She hissed.

I smacked her head and rushed out before she could revenge, I could hear yelling insults but I paid no heed to her.

Nabeelah drove us to Amina's house, without hauwa of course. She knows how to drive she can come whenever she wants to.

***
We stepped out of the car and into the busy house, people from different places bustling in and out of the house.

We went straight to the garden where the naming ceremony is being held.

"Beeloh please proceed am coming". I whispered into nabeelah's ears. She nodded before saying something to the girls and they left to meet Amina.

I went inside the house to greet ummi and other elders. They were all sitting in the room ummi stays in chatting cheerfully.

After the greetings, they kept teasing me about marriage and pregnancy, I ducked my head shyly my cheeks heating up.

I wonder why everyone is disturbing me with marriage. I thought in my head as I stood up to leave.

When passing by the parlour, I met two women sitted in the parlour obviously gossiping.

I was about to leave when a word they said caught my attention,
"Isn't this the girl who chose the filthy career of modelling?". The first woman spoke inf form of whisper but I heard.

"Yes she is o, it is such a shame!". The second woman exclaimed.

I shook my head, people will always talk no matter what you do, and I will never allow their words to get to my head, so what if am a model? I choose to be and there's no backing down, Allah knows am doing this base on halaal.

They weren't even ashamed of gossipping about me in my presence.

I went to the garden to meet the baby mama and her baby.

I saw the girls clicking some photos with Amina and the baby and so I proceeded to join them. After several photos I asked for the baby's name.

"The name is ruqayya, noorul huda".hauwa answered. That was when I noticed her presence.

"So the queen bee has finally arrived". I glared at her.

"Yeah Whatever". She uttered sitting down.

"Allah dai ya shirye ki (may Allah guide you)". I prayed. She yelled an ameen before
Going back to her phone.

We left the people out in the garden.

"Girls let's eat". I offered placing the tray of food in the middle, we all sat in circle ready to dig in.

"Ahhh finally food!". Cutie exclaimed. My partner.

"You don't know anything apart from food". Nabeelah rolled her eyes.

"Thank god we eat and people see it in us, some people that eat but still look like toothpicks in wrapper nko?". I asked sarcastically. Cutie laughed out loud eanring her a glare from her sister.

We eat our food silently while sipping on our hibiscus drink.

After eating, we snapped more pictures before finally calling it a day.

We didn't leave until after Isha.

I left with nabeelah in the same car while cutie left with hauwa.

"Hauwa drives crazily just as I want, unlike ya nabeelah who drives like a snail". Cutie had said before flying to hauwa's car.

We drove in perfect silence, the air conditioner humming lowly and a soft music playing.

I was too busy looking at zayden's picture, the one I took in the plane while he was sleeping.
I smiled absentmindedly as I trace my fingers on the face.

Love is indeed blind.

I got out of my reverie when I heard series of giggles around me. I turned to meet with two pair of eyes and a single camera looking at me.

I didn't realise when we reached home or even when they all got down to look at me, I was lost in my bubble staring at the love of my life ya Allah now I'll never hear the end of it.

"What why are you all standing and looking at me?". I glared at them feigning pretence. They burst into laughter.

"You think we are blind just like you? My dear you were staring at zayden's picture absentmindedly, tracing his face with your fingers. The thing has exceeded my thought". Hauwa started the obvious.
I rolled my eyes.

"Ouuuu, love is in the air". Cutie wiggled her brows. I hissed.
"Let me be". I skipped out of the car pushing past them.

"We know you love him hajiya stop denying it, tell him fast before he drives you crazy". Nabeelah yelled after me.

I ignored them but still smiled nonetheless.

***
After praying Isha, we all sat down in nabeelah and cutie's parlour as usual.

The parlour is cute just like the name of it's owner. It has purple walls, beige colored
Sofas, with purple throw pillows all over it. A fridge by the side which is always filled with all sort of junks that can be stored in a refrigerator. The mini carpet is nude in color. A cute chandelier is hanging on the POP above our heads.

The parlour is cute.

So we are here and they are trying to force me into calling zayden while I refused.

"Hauwa help me let's snatch her phone". Hauwa nodded and rushed to my side. I held my phone firmly in my hand. I know if they happen to collect the phone from my grasp, they'll call zayden and I won't have any other option other than speaking to him.

We were fighting over my phone, two against one. Cutie was videotaping us. I was struggling to breath, shouting for help.

"Who owns the phone, why do I have to be forced to call someone I don't want to talk to". I yelled but it came out muffled. I was laying on the floor with the both of them on top of me trying to collect the phone.

We are too childish, nabeelah and hauwa especially.

We were in the middle of wrestling over my phone, when the door opened and in came ya saleem.

Shikenan! Am dead ya saleem has seen me in such condition.

We all rushed and sat back down, he stiffled a laughter.
My cheeks were tinted red, I looked for my veil to close my hair. I can't believe he saw me like that. Tangled in between two huge ugly bodies fighting over a phone.
This is utterly embarrassing!

I turned to give hauwa a glare but she didn't even mind, she still had her hair open pressing her phone ad if she wasn't the one fighting me few minutes ago.

"Ina wuni". I greeted him.
And just like that they all started to greet him, idiots! As if they were waiting for me to start speaking.

"Ya saleem when did you arrive". Cutie asked sitting beside him.

"Few minutes ago". He beamed. She has always been his favorite.

"What of anty eaman?". Nabeelah asked.

"She's too heavy to travel".

"Allah ya sauke ta lafiya (I don't know how to translate this, but it's a prayer)".i prayed.

He left after a little chitchat.

We gathered around cutie to watch ourselves.

I wasn't even seen in the video properly due to how I was sardine-d under this big for nothings. Hauwa had her ass up in the air while nabeelah had one leg crossing over my body and the other on the chair.

I found it hilarious. We all laughed.

"Guys good night". I stood up stifling a yawn.

"It's just 12 am". Cutie whined.

"Ya crazy". Hauwa retaliated.

"C'mon jare go to bed you have school tomorrow". Nabeelah eyed her.
Cutie groaned, stomping her feet she left to her room muttering stuffs under her breath.

We all settled down, me and hauwa on the bed while the owner of the bed is laying on the floor. But who cares? We are the guests.

"Anyone still awake". I asked, it's as though a witch from my village casted a spell on me. The moment my head hit the pillow, the sleep vanished.

"Nabeelah is having a call with Anas, can't you hear how she's muffling the voice, but me I get sharp ears o I can hear the I love yous". Hauwa yelled for nabeelah to hear.

"I'll slap you". Nabeelah whispered and went back to her call.

"Call your own boyfriend and stop disturbing other people". I said.

"Thank god me I have the boyfriend, some people are just going crazy over pictures". Hauwa said sarcastically faking a yawn.

I ignored her, she took her phone and called her own boyfriend just to prove her point.

Idiots. I muttered under my breath.

I will tell zayden about my feelings someday, not now but one day Allah's willing. I promised before drifting off with a faint smile on my lips.

Yo! How are we? Am fine thank you for asking.

Finally back to present, who's excited as I am?
We are now on break so expect frequent updates, no promises though.
Love ya all

Don't forget to Vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 702 32
#2 in 'right path' on 1/7/18 #58 in 'Islamic' on 26/6/18 #66 in #rockstar on 27/6/18 Have you committed a sin, that later made you realize, was not a...
25.5K 2.1K 79
She's right next to me on my bed, the girl whom I had been trying to impress in my entire vacation, I know for a normal person a vacation means only...
14.4K 872 32
"What?" Ethan says in his all too familiar deep, rude voice. Ethan has pitch-black hair, is 6 feet tall, with a solid build. His deep grey eyes are g...
4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...