STORE GUY || Haikyu!! (Ukai K...

By jerseynumbernine

You chance upon a handsome man behind the counter as you walk into a random store. You thought it was a one t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

1.8K 59 50
By jerseynumbernine

Your POV

The open area was filled with chat coming from about 50 young boys. The coaches have prepared a nice surprise for all of them...

A barbecue feast!

To congratulate them for all their hard work during the two training camps.

The meat was almost ready and the boys were prepared to dig in. I can see Tora snapping the tongs like he couldn't wait a second more.

"Dig in, everyone!" coach Arakawa said, loud enough for everyone to hear. As if on cue, the boys stepped closer to the different grills and happily picked some meat.

They soon found their places to eat. Some sat on the tables provided, some on the ground, some on the stairway, others were just standing up.

You made sure that your sofu was seated comfortably and had a well balanced meal before getting your own.

You stood in front of the closest grill and inspected the meat. You looked for one with more meat because you weren't too much of a fan of fat. You used to absolutely love the fatty parts of pork and beef but you were traumatized after eating too much of it when you were younger. So yes, you took a while looking for a meaty one.

Suddenly, a pair of chopsticks dropped a delicious looking piece on your plate. You stared at the piece of perfection. You lifted your head to find the provider of such a gift. And damn-

You were too occupied looking at the grill, but the meaty one was standing right beside you this whole time. The strong, muscular Ukai-kun placed another piece of beef on your plate.

You looked at him in astonishment. He then got some kebabs for you. He gave you quite a lot. "Oh, I think this is enough Ukai-kun." you snapped out of your light trance."

"Mmmm... have some vegetables too." he looked around but there were none in sight.

"It's alright, I'll just-"

You saw him take some greens from his own plate and place it in yours. "There." he says.

You looked at your plate, and it was filled with glorious, glorious stuff. "Thank you so much!" you said, your bright eyes which showed genuine appreciation were still looking down on your plate.

"Welcome." he says.

You turn around to hide your reddened face.

Last night, you went out with Ukai-kun for the second time and got some trendy ice cream. You've been seeing it online and wanted to finally treat Ukai, but he beat you to it again.

"Nekomata-chan," You hear his voice say behind you. I thought he went ahead. Turns out he waited for you. "Let's head over?" you nod in response.

Kamisama, this is too much. You internally cried.

You both approached the table where all the coaches were seated. You sat in between your sofu and coach Naoi.

"I saw that." coach Naoi says beside you. You threatened him with your chopsticks. "I swear, stop kidding around coach Naoi. You're making it weird, it's probably nothing.".

"Alright, alright." he chuckles.

Yeah, I think we're what you call friends. You thought.

🐱🐱🐱

You went over to Kenma who was aggressively shaking his head. It looked like Kuroo and the other captains were force feeding their kouhais.

"Kenma!" you called as you went over to him.

"Miss Kitt."

"You're good at analyzing people right? What do you think Ukai-kun thinks of me? Don't tell anyone I asked, they'll misunderstand. it's nothing like it seems." you shamelessly asked him.

He put his game console down. "I'm not too sure about relationships (name)-san..." he starts, loud enough that only you can hear. "...but it looks like he's coming here.".

You suddenly straightened up. Really? You low-key looked back to see that he wasn't anywhere near, but still seated on the same spot from earlier. You slowly turned back to Kenma.

"I don't know about coach Ukai, but it looks like you're into him."  you were shocked by his antics.

"You witty child." you ruffled his hair because you could never hate Kenma.

"Nekomata-san." Bokuto happily calls.

"Oh, Bokuto! You've been playing well." Bokuto's high spirit always lightened you.

"Thank you, Nekomata-san. Did you purchase the food?! The parts are really good!"

"Um.. huh? Why would you think that?" your head tilted to the side.

"It wasn't you? Why'd you go out the gate with coach Ukai last night? I thought you both went to purchase the ingredients for this barbecue." he cluelessly, innocently, curiously, confusedly asked.
(A/n: Bokuto's face was like this •~• or idk maybe like this •_•)

You were frozen still.

"Oya?" Kuroo, who was listening in, was smirking. Daichi's eyes went kinda wide.

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's POV

It's not looking too good. My fist clenches.

"DON'T YOU DARE LOOK DOWN! VOLLEYBALL IS A SPORT WHERE YOU'RE ALWAYS LOOKING UP!"

Your POV

You hear Ukai-kun shout loudly. His voice rang through the whole gym.

Your heart clenched because yesterday, your very own team faced challenging opponents. Nekoma didn't win overall, but they got into nationals. You were crying your eyes out, you were so proud of everyone. It also hit you that the school year is almost ending and the third years will be going to college. You loved this team so much. You couldn't imagine things ever being a different way.

Early in the morning, you took a bus to Miyagi. You heard that Karasuno was doing well and would be facing Shiratorizawa. You came to support your rival team, Karasuno. Nekoma will be the one to beat them this upcoming nationals. So step aside Shiratorizawa, my grandfather always hoped for this.

"Young girl, have a seat." an old man said.

"Oh thank you, sir" you smiled and took the seat.

"Are you here to support a relative?" he asks.

"The whole team actually, sir." you politely answered.

"Well, the support is always appreciated. Ukai Ikkei." He holds out a hand.

"Ukai-san?!" what are the odds?

"Hm?" he says confused.

"Im sorry. I'm Nekomata Yasufumi's granddaughter." you shake his hand.

"Oh! No wonder you looked a bit familiar. You look a lot like your grandfather." He says still a bit shocked.

"Haha yes, I get that quite a lot." you said. The way your eyes close when you smile, the color of your hair, your eyes. They were just like your grandfather's. People would say that you're a carbon copy of him. Now, you were being more conscious of yourself since you were in front of your potential grandfather-in-law. Stop getting ahead of yourself! You scold.

"Well, tell your grandfather that we'll see him at the nationals." he smirks, exerting a competitive aura.

"Will do, sir." you said, feeling excited.

"Nekomata-san! You're here?"

"Yachi! Hi! They're doing great!" you wave at her. Actually, you've been here for a while but it's just now that you got a proper seat. She smiles then turns back to watch the nerve wrecking game. You do the same.

🐱🐱🐱

*whistle blows*

The gym goes silent.

The next second, a loud uproar!

The team and audience from Shiratorizawa were in shock. The Karasuno boys were hugging and crying. Kiyoko and Takeda-san were crying. Ukai-kun's mouth was agape. Yachi was overdosed with surprise and happiness while Saeko was holding her up. You were standing up, both hands covering your mouth.

Chills, literal chills.

It was a long rally, and Karasuno took it home in the end. You hoped they would win, you believed they would win. But you'd be lying if you said you weren't saying that to suppress your doubts. After all, Shiratorizawa is an undeniably strong team.

"We'll definitely see you in the nationals, Ukai-san." you say once the air calmed down.

"Haha the battle of the garbage can." He says as if reminiscing of a time.

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's car finally slows in front of Sakanoshita store. You decided to go around town while Ukai-kun settles the boys, treat them for lunch and bring them home. This was an event worth celebrating, and you wanted to respect that.

"NEKOMATA-SAN?!" He says surprised, you just smiled at him. He just got out of the front seat.

You were rethinking your decision of impulsively coming here. Great! For sure he knows I have something for him now.

"What are you doing here?" he asks when he was in front of you.

"Congrats!" you hand him a brown paper bag. You got him some food on the way. A treat he can't escape since you already bought it.

"Thanks! Did you just get here? How'd you find out?"

"I watched the game actually." you say, a bit embarrassed. "Don't you dare look down. Volleyball is a sport where you're always looking up." you try to tease him, imitating his voice.

"You heard that embarrassing thing?" He rubs the back of his neck with his left hand. He was looking away.

"Yeah- no. It was kinda hot actually." Wait, why did I even say that? He immediately looks at you straight in the eye. Why did I even think that? You couldn't bring yourself to cut off the eye contact. I made it weird. His deep husky voice sounded-

"Say, Nekomata-san. Why don't we go on a date."

A/n: Okayyyy so. I want to talk about something... Did you know that Nekomata looked like this when he was younger?🙂

That's him and Ukai. Sorry, I didn't crop it hehe. BUT HE'S SO HANDSOMEEEEEEE OMG WTF?
Like-

WHAT?!

So y/n, let's imagine that you resemble him. *insert Tanaka and Nishinoya's praying face*
That's if you want too tho (there should be a whistling emoji. Is there?)

Anyways, thank you for reading y/n-chan!💞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
306K 28.6K 66
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

129K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
341K 20K 74
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...