Hiding My Heart

By J_abbis

Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her br... More

Hiding My Heart
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epliogue
Bonus - We Owned the Night
Authors Note on Sequel

Chapter 7

34.4K 850 113
By J_abbis

Jana Kramer (Natalie)------->

"Get out of bed," I heard Sasha's voice say from somewhere up above me. 

I groaned and snuggled deeper into my covers. "No, go away. I told you I am not going out tonight!" I whined. 

"I don't care what you want, get you're a_s out of bed." She said her voice low and deadly. 

I sighed. "Gosh Sasha, can't you just leave me alone! I've had a rough week and want nothing more than to forget about it." I snapped. 

Her only reply was by tugging the covers off me, leaving me to shiver at the sudden cold. My eyes snapped opened as I turned and glared at my best friend. She just smirked at me and put her hands on her hips. 

"What the hell Sasha." I complained giving her my best glare I could muster. 

She just shrugged my attitude off. "Get out of bed. It's Friday night and I will not allow you to wallow in your bed any longer." She said. 

I shook my head no at her. "That's not fair. I told you that I didn't want to go out tonight, I've had a sh_tty week and you know that." I said sitting up and attempting to grab for my blanket but she threw it out the door. 

"I understand that. Katy and her clones did a lot worse than they usually do." She said making me snort, they did more than that, "But you had us backing you up. I mean geeze Scott and Preston wouldn't allow you to be alone for more than a second." She pointed out. 

I just glared at her. This past week I have been harassed like never before and it was all because of that stupid slap I gave Katy on Monday. The Tuesday I arrived at school my locker had been vandalized. Wednesday her group of clones tripped, whispered, taunted and pushed me whenever I was Scott or Preston free. Thursday more vandalism on my locker, and to top it off they had poured water in the little vent on top of the locker, leaving all my books soaked, giving me a few hundred dollars to buy them and buy a new set for the school. And Today I got it from the Queen Bee herself in gym class. I got her elbow on my right cheek near my eye, causing it to swell up and I now have a nice purple bruise that will be around for at least another week. So with the elbow and a few choice words, some rumors I was spent.  

This week was like living a week in hell... well Katy hell. The only good think that came from this week was hanging around Preston. It was odd really, I didn't trust him or the rest of the boys... but I felt comfortable around him. Talking to him wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We never talked about personal things, but I could tell he wanted to know, especially with all the rumors going around school about me. But he held back, maybe sensing something with me with his weird werewolf sense, or he just wanted to gain my trust. I felt like that was what he was doing at the moment, and as much as it scared me I didn't mind. I felt the need to trust him and to allow him into my life. It was going to be slow going, but I wasn't going to shut him or the rest of them out. Especially since they proved their loyalty by sticking by me this week.  

It surprised me to see them on Tuesday standing together and giving me huge smiles. I noticed that Elizabeth was off with Katy, but I didn't care, I didn't want her around. They no longer reminisced on their childhood lives and making me feel left out. Instead we played a little get to know you game and went from there.  

I never allowed any of them to touch me and I could see the question in their eyes when they lifted a hand to pat me on the back or something and I would flinch away. But again, they didn't ask any questions.  

"Come on." She said grabbing my arm and dragging me off the bed. 

"Hey!" I protested not liking to be man handled by her. Even though she was a girl her strength was like a man's, werewolf strength.  

"Get dressed." She said simply letting go and crossing her arms in front of her chest, waiting for me to make a move. 

I sighed. "Why?" I challenged making her smile. 

"Because the boys are down stairs waiting for us." She said simply.  

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are they here?" I asked simply. 

"Because we are having a movie night over at my house tonight." She said. "Oh wait, we have to pack a bag for you also." She said moving around my room with ease as she grabbed my bag and started going through my closest picking out a pair of clothes. 

"I'm staying over at yours?" I asked as I grabbed a pair of sweats, changing out of my pj's.  

"Yeah, I talked to Brayden and he said that it was alright." She said. 

I paused in my changing, looking over at her with wide eyes. She talked to my brother? I froze in surprise as I watched her every move waiting for her to look up. But she kept busy, not looking over at me at all. 

"Since when do you two talk? All I ever hear out of you two is yelling and insults." I said snapping out of my frozen state and pulling on a shirt over my tank top. 

She snorted and rolled her eyes. "Don't worry; it was a one-time thing. I'm sure we will be yelling and insulting each other by tomorrow." She said tossing me my bag.  

I just rolled my eyes and decided to drop it. "Then what's he going to do?" I asked.  

She rolled her eyes and walked out my door, throwing the blanket back in. "As if I care." She said with stiff shoulders, walking to the front room where I heard people talking. 

"Finally!" Scott said seeing us first.  

He jumped off the couch he was sitting on with Preston and my brother. Mike, Landon and Hunter on the other couch playing the Xbox. 

"Can we go now?" He asked bouncing on his feet. 

I laughed and nodded. "Sure, uh but I have to talk to Brayden." I said looking over at him. He nodded and got up from the couch.  

I took us to the kitchen where I turned on the garbage disposal. It wasn't much but I knew from a little experiment that it would block out some of the werewolf hearing. Sasha had stayed over one night but had left abruptly at midnight. When I asked her about it the next day she told me that she could hear everything Kelly and Brayden were doing across the house. She explained the whole werewolf hearing and it made me uncomfortable, only because their hearing was so crystal clear. So I had asked how you can cancel it out and she said anything with metal grinding on a surface will cancel it out a little, they could only hear parts of the conversation. 

"What are you doing?" Brayden asked moving to go turn it off, but I slapped his hands away. 

"Why did you really agree to let me sleep over?" I asked suspiciously. 

He sighed and looked around the kitchen, rubbing the back of his neck. "And don't you dare lie to me. I think I know what it involves." I said all knowingly. 

"Fine I'm going out tonight to look for mom." He mumbled. 

"I knew it!" I cried out, my hands flailing all over the place. "I knew it had to do something with her. She hasn't been home for two days, and her boss left a message-"  

"Hey, calm down." He said placing his hands on my shoulders lightly. "Don't get so worked up over this." 

"But-" He shook his head at me. 

"No. You can't help on this one kid; I have a feeling it's worse than before. She's been gone for two days, and was fired from her job. I think I'm going to be gone all night looking for her, and I didn't want you to worry about her." He said shaking his head. 

I just crossed my arms and gave him an even look. He looked worn out with the news, tired even. I knew how much he hated this burden and it killed me to know. But someone had to be the grown up since our mother was always in a drunk state. Ever since Joey ditched us three years ago.... 

"Promise me you will call me when you find her?" I asked.  

"I promise, now get out of here. Go have fun, cause a little bit of trouble-" I just shot him a look and he grinned, ruffling my already messy hair. "Nah, stay out of trouble but please have fun." 

I grinned and smoothed out my hair. "By the way, since when do you and Sasha talk?" 

He just shot me a glare. "Since never, I just wanted her out of my presents and I needed an excuse for you to get out of the house for the night so I could look for mom. So I agreed just for her to leave me alone." He said turning off the garbage disposal. "Now, get out of my house." He teased making me laugh. 

"Don't forget to call." I warned as I made my way to the living room where everyone was glaring at me. Opps, I guess they didn't like the loud noise. Sasha had told me it felt like her ears were bleeding when I turned it on the first test I did with her and her werewolf ability. 

"Man, if you guys wanted to talk you didn't have to turn that crap on." Mike grumbled rushing towards the door with Landon right on his heels. I just gave them an innocent smile. 

"Have fun, don't get in any trouble." Brayden said giving each guy the little man hug thing, totally turning his back on Sasha. Sasha rolled her eyes and without another look in his direction pushed past him and out the front door. 

"Man, when are you going to learn to never piss my sister off?" Scott asked as Brayden rubbed his shoulder that Sasha had knocked on. 

"Where the hell does all that strength come from?" Brayden mumbled glaring the way Sasha left.  

I just laughed. "See you tomorrow." I said before rushing for a fuming Sasha. 

"Be safe!" He shouted out one last time before we all piled into the two cars they brought. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

"I hate you all." I groaned sinking back into the couch causing everyone to laugh. 

When we arrived at Sasha's and Scott's house there were pizzas waiting for us along with piles of junk food. Her parents had left for the night, their anniversary was tomorrow but they decided to celebrate a little early. Ew.  

We spent about thirty minutes debating what movie to watch. Sasha and I wanting a romance while the boys all fought for Horror. After about twenty minutes of arguing and ten minutes finally deciding to draw a name out of a hat, Scott being the lucky winner chose Paranormal Activity 3. Ugh. There is no way I am going to be able to sleep tonight. 

"It wasn't that bad, besides we were going to go watch the fourth one next week anyways." Hunter pointed out, stuffing yet another piece of pizza in his mouth. 

I grimaced; there is no way I am going to go to that movie. Sighing and rubbing my full stomach I closed my eyes and felt my body relax. 

"Man I can't believe you screamed." Preston teased me as he sat down next to me.  

Instantly I breathed in his smell. It was musky, pine, earthy. And it was addictive. I felt the weird spark between us intensify. And I instantly wanted to close the small gap between our shoulders so we could be touching but I held back. As weird as this attraction was between us it made me feel sick. I couldn't let him close, not after what happened to me.  

"Shut up, Sasha did too." I pointed out. 

"But not as loud as you." He teased making me glare at him a little. 

"Shut up." I mumbled feeling my checks heat up in embarrassment. Me and Scary movies didn't mix well.  

"So what now?" Hunter asked. 

"Truth or dare?" Mike offered. 

"Never have I ever?" Scott offered. 

"We are not drinking." Sasha said glaring at her brother. 

He just scoffed at her. "Please, like we would play with soda." He said in a duh tone. 

She just rolled her eyes before looking at the clock. "Well it is already eleven." She said. "Don't you have to be home at midnight?" She asked the boys. 

"Yeah, but we still have an hour." Preston pointed out. 

"Fine, I'll go get the soda and cups." She said scurrying out the room. 

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I hated this game, only because it was like truth. If you drank from the cup after a person says what they never done before you had to explain what you had done. I hated this game. 

Once Sasha came back with all the cups and filled them with the soda we all sat around and debated who would go first. 

"Never have I ever dressed up like the opposite sex." Scott said. 

Childish I know, but it was easy. And to my surprise Preston, Hunter and Sasha drank from their cups. I raised an eyebrow at Preston and he only grimaced back. 

"My mom wanted a girl. It was when I was three and she thought that since my dad was away she could get away with dressing me up just once." He shivered. "Worst time of my life, I'm so glad Emily came nine months after that." 

I giggled and hid behind my hands, picturing it in my mind already. 

Hunter just shrugged. "I wanted to know how girls could wear bras so I went for it." Hunter stated proudly making all of us bust up laughing. 

"When we were little I dressed as Scott to confuse our mom. I still don't know if it worked or not." She said. 

"Ok my turn and no more kid talk." Hunter said wiggling his eyebrows. I groaned, Mike was the nosiest, Hunter was the pervert and Landon was the quiet, calm one. Ignoring our groans he continued on. "Never have I ever..." We all waited. "I did that... oh I got it! Never have I ever been caught m_sterb_i_ing." 

Both Sasha and I grimaced and groaned. "I don't want to hear this!" She said as we watched all the boys lift up the cup and drink. 

"Ew, ew, ew, ew. Stop I do not want to hear any of these stories from you." I said firmly making everyone laugh but Sasha agreeing with me. 

"Aw, do we have an innocent girl in the room?" Hunter said. 

I glared at him. "Next." I said trying not to get myself in the depressed state. I wasn't innocent, far from it what with the accident and being beat to a pulp over so many years. 

Sensing the tension Preston hurried to the next one. "Never have I ever had sex before." He said making me and Sasha both chock on air. Immediately Landon, Hunter, Mike and Scott drank from their drinks. 

I raised an eyebrow at Sasha. She should be holding her cup up and taking a drink but she wasn't. Catching my eye she just mouthed 'Later.' Before looking away. 

I looked down at my cup. I never had sex before; oh no I wasn't allowed to experience any type of touch. I wasn't allowed to be close to another person intimately. So no I never had sex before, and I never will have sex because if I do I will only think of that one night. 

"That one is so lame! You know all of us have had sex before." Mike said rolling his eyes. "That's it, you are too innocent, and you are not allowed to be the speaker anymore. You and Dee are grounded." 

I just giggled. "Shut up. It's my turn anyway." I scowled him. "Never have I ever smoked weed."  

To my surprise none of them took a drink. "Really? None of you have smoked weed before?" They shook their heads no. "And here I was thinking that big bad Mike has done it all. Now who's the innocent one?" I teased. 

We continued the game until a few minutes before they had to leave. I was sitting on the couch, my eyes closed as I held back a yawn.  

"So this is your guy's tradition? Every Friday night you hang out with each other?" Landon asked. 

Opening my eyes I looked at him a nodded. "Yeah, it's been like that since they moved here." I said nodding to the twins who were cleaning up the food. 

"We used to go out to clubs and parties, but we've recently been staying in ever since-" Scott was cut off chocking by the hard hit in the stomach that Sasha gave him.  

She glared at her brother, looking ready to snap and beat the crap out of him for his almost slip up. 

"Ever since what?" Mike asked. He had to know everything. And I mean everything, if he was a girl he would be the school's biggest gossip. 

"None of your business." Sasha snapped kicking her brother before dropping down and sitting close to me, she sat forward glaring at Mike, protecting me. 

It was then that I realized I was shaking just lightly, my heart beating faster and faster as I saw Preston and Hunter looking over at me, and giving Sasha a confused look as to why she looked like she was about to murder someone. 

"S_it." I heard Scott whisper. 

He almost told him. He almost told them so casually like it was a normal thing to say. As if it wasn't that big of a deal. How can he be like that when he knows? He knows how much it haunts me and hurts me. 

"You a_swipe." Sasha glared at her brother who was looking all panicky and trying to explain. 

"I'm going to bed." I said abruptly standing up on my jelly filled legs. "It's midnight and I haven't had much sleep this week. Thanks for cheering me up and hanging out, it was a lot of fun. I guess I will see you guys later." I said stiffly, not bothering to look at Scott as I could feel him pleading with me silently. I didn't look at any of the guys as I hurried up the stairs and into Sasha's room. 

"What was that about?" I heard Preston ask before I closed the door. 

Why do I have to be such a f_ck up? We were having such a good time until Scott.... I know Scott sometimes says things without realizing it, but to say it like it was nothing. And to say it in front of the others? It made me want to hurl as pictures and the pain of that night flooded my mind. No I wasn't going there. I wasn't going to allow it to win. 

Going to my bag I pulled on my pj's and calmly went to the bathroom across the hall and brushed my teeth, pulling my messy hair into a pony. I was just going back to Sasha's room when I heard the front door close and Sasha scolding her brother. 

"You go up there and apologize; you were so close into destroying any hope of her building trust with them. Couldn't you see how happy she was tonight, and to actually talk to them. She's finally on the road to recovery; this could have set her back." Sasha scowled. 

"And you don't think I know that? It just felt... like they have already trusted each other. I don't know." He said. "It just came out. I'm sorry." He pleaded. 

"Tell that to her. I'll give you two minutes before kicking you out of my room."  

Scott didn't reply back, instead he made his way up the stairs where I was leaning against her door frame. When he saw me he stopped in surprise. 

"Oh hey." He said awkwardly. 

I smiled at him. "It's ok Scott. I know how you can be at times... I just, I'm not ready for them to know. I've only known them for a week." I pointed out. "But it's ok; just don't let it happen again ok?" 

He nodded. "I'm so sorry Dee, I wasn't thinking-" In an action that surprise him and myself I hugged him, cutting off his words. This was the first time I have been the one to initiate contact before. 

"It's ok. Let's just move past it. Now-" I said removing myself from him. "I need to go to bed. I'm dog tired and ready to catch up on some z's." He nodded and with a quick smile he left to his room. 

"Well that went a lot faster than I thought it would." Sasha said once she reached the landing.  

"Come on, Bed time." I said going to her room and falling on her bed. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................... 

It's been three days and there still wasn't any news on my mom. Brayden has been looking for her every chance he got. My mom is known for her habit of just up and leaving every few months. She gets in this depressed drunken state and skips town. In fact the police have gotten so used to her routine that they don't even bother looking for her anymore. We were told not to call them anymore when she goes running off. 

So instead we have these little deals with the bartenders around town and the next town over. If they see her they are to call us immediately. I used to be scared for her when I was little; she was a casual drinker when Joey was around. But after he ditched... it was full on drinker. After the first year of her disappearing I got sick of her childish game.  

It was obvious she would go around looking for the b_stered. First she would get herself so drunk that she was sprouting off all her issues to the bartenders, and then she would roam the streets yelling out for Joey. But as time went on it got worse to where she would skip out on us and be gone for a day, just wondering around drunk. So after being called the police station to come pick up my mother during that first year I called it quits on her. I wasn't going to play her games; I didn't want to find that b_stered. 

"None of the bars called?" I asked as soon as I got home from Sasha's on Saturday. 

Brayden sighed, his eyes baggy and red from the lack of sleep. "Not yet. I've been to all the towns near us and they haven't seen her at all." He rubbed his tired eyes. 

"Have you called Natalie?" I said in an offhanded way. 

He just gave a level stare making me shrug. "You know she doesn't want this life anymore." 

I flinched at his tone and glared over at him. "Yeah well just because she left doesn't mean that she shouldn't know-" I replied back but before I could finish my phone rang. 

Fishing it out of my bag I took to Sasha's I saw an unknown number. Normally I don't answer their calls, but this was a California number. Hesitating for a moment I finally pushed accept. 

"Hello?" I said cautiously. 

"Deidre Johnson?" A man's voice said from the other line. 

"Yes, who is this?" I demanded. 

"This is the California Police Station. We have a lady locked up here, a Carmen Johnson." He said. "We confiscated her phone and her belongings but unfortunately she didn't know the number to call for someone to pick her up. So we called the first person on her list." He began. 

"How long has she been there? Where did you find her-" I started but he interrupted. 

"Hold on now mam'. She has a one thousand bail. We got a call about disruption of peace at our local bar here in Sacramento Canyon. She was drunker than anyone I've seen, she almost had to go get her stomach pumped out. We found her just last night." He began. 

"So we can come get her?" I asked ignoring Brayden's intense look. 

"Yes you can. You'll just need to bring the bail money, and then fill out some paper work here and your free to go." 

I rubbed my temples lightly. "Thank you sir, what's your name exactly?"  

"Chief Ryan, when you get here just ask for me. If I'm not on call I can help take care of this for you. I'm afraid she has made every one of my officers beyond pissed as hell and won't help you at like I will." 

"Thank you chief. We're on our way." I said before hanging up. 

"Well?" Brayden demanded. 

"Mom's in Sacramento Canyon California, in their local jail." I sighed "We need a thousand dollars to bail her out." 

He cussed under his breath. "S_it. I don't have that type of money to just throw around." He growled out. "And I will not let you get into your savings account." He said when he noticed me open my breath. 

"We will just have to take it out of the bank. That just means that I will have to ask Janice more hours at the coffee shop." I said. 

He sighed again. "Looks like I'll be looking for that second job." He muttered. "Alright, let's go. Off to California. It will take us about two and a half hours to get there." He said already punching in the address he found online into his gps.  

I nodded and grabbed my phone, and jacket before hurrying downstairs to his truck. "Let me drive." I said. He just looked at me as if I was crazy but I held my hand out stubbornly. "You look as if your about to fall asleep any minute now. I don't want to die just yet so you will let me drive." I demanded. 

He sighed and tossed me the keys. "If you even take your eyes off the road for one moment I'm driving." He threatened getting into the passenger's side. 

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I've heard this speech far too long." I grumbled getting in and starting the truck. "Bank first." I said regrettably. 

Once we had the money and a quick call to Sasha to cancel our plans we were off to Sacramento Canyon California to get our drunk mother. The trip was actually really quick, and really quiet. I was right and right after we left Wilderville Oregon my brother was gone from this world. The only time I woke him up was to eat his lunch that I so graciously bought him once we got to Sacramento Canyon.  

We didn't talk at all as we drove to the local police station. Instead we grabbed all our information we needed and walked in silent and pissed off. Shuffling into the doorway I made my way boldly to the front desk where a heavy set officer sat eating a foot long sub. 

"Can I help you?" He asked. Or well that's what I'm guessing since he stuffed his face and tried talking. I grimaced at him, clearly not impressed at this station. 

"I'm here to see Chief Ryan." I told him impatiently as he stuffed his face even more, not once taking the time to breath. 

He eyed me up and down. "He's busy at the moment. I'll take your name."  

Holding in my eye roll I crossed my arms. "We're here for our mother, Carmen Johnson. Chief Ryan told us to call for him when we got here." Brayden said stepping up and blocking me from the beady glaring eyes of the officer at the desk. 

Instantly his attitude changed. Instead of that irritated pissed off look it went too relieved and almost friendly but still annoyed. Without another word to us he called the Chief in. In moment the chief of the station walked in. 

"Deidre and Brayden I assume." He said walking up to us, shaking hands with Brayden. When he went to go shake my hand I stepped back, glaring at his hand hard until he slowly put it in his pocket.  

"Yes sir, we got the money and everything." Brayden said. 

"Great, I'll just need you to fill out this paper work," He said grabbing a small stack of papers from behind the desk. "And once you hand the money and the papers over we will release her to you." He grinned happily at us as he ushered us to his office. 

"When did you find her again?" Brayden asked as he sat in one of the chairs. 

"Around midnight last night, she passed out shortly after she got here." He told us. "Want some coffee of something?" He asked. 

I scrunched my nose up. I hated coffee, ever since I started working at the Coffee shop. I can only handle smelling the coffee, but drinking it... no just no. I shook my head and looked around the office. Medals and awards framed the walls; this guy obviously takes pride in what he does. 

He tried striking up a conversation with me as Brayden filled out the paper work, but I just didn't have it in me. Soon getting the point that I wasn't much of a talker he just went on his computer and was typing in some stuff. 

"Alright," Brayden said five minutes later. "Here you go." He handed him the paper work. 

"Great, let's go get your mother and we have to exchange the money out by the front desk." He said ushering us of the room. 

"Excuse me sir," I said once the money was passed in and one of the officers went to go get our mother. He turned around with a smile on his face. "But what would have happened if we didn't come get her?" I asked. 

I never knew what would happen if me and Brayden just stopped caring and playing her game. If we didn't come pick her up from jail, would she have to stay in there until someone else came to get her? Or until the state released her? 

"Well, if no one came to get her we would have to hold her for three weeks. That's the minimum for disrupting the peace and being as drunk as she was. When we release her she would have a month to come back with the a thousand dollars, and if not then we have the right to arrest her again." He said.  

I just stared at him. They would arrest her again if she didn't have the money? It must be a California thing because I have never heard of anything like that. 

"Is it like that everywhere?" I asked.  

He shook his head. "No, some states hold them for a lot longer before releasing them. And if it's really bad and they need a lawyer it's for even longer." He said shrugging. "Depends on where you're at." 

I nodded but didn't ask anymore as I saw my mom being hauled by two officers into the room. She was a mess, her brown hair looked as if it hasn't been washed or brushed in weeks, her face was pale and she had bags under her eyes. Her blue eyes were red from drinking or not sleeping I wasn't sure. Her clothes were rumpled and dirty. 

"Her she is." The fat officer from before said. "She just needs to sign this paper," He pushed it at her along with a pen. 

She just stared at the pen before very slowly grabbing it and signing it. The officer than gave her her suitcase back along with her wallet and cellphone. I glared at the bag; yup she was planning on not coming back again. Running off on one of her episodes.  

"Alright, you're free to go." The chief said lightly.  

Without waiting around I grabbed my mother's arm and pulled her out of the station and into the back seat of the truck. Brayden was right behind me hurrying into the driver's side, as soon as I closed the door to the passenger's side we were out of the station and back on the road in seconds. 

"You should have just left me to rot." She said harshly from the back seat. 

But Brayden and I ignored her, used to her little rants she has when we had to pick her up. But this time, this time I needed to say something to her. Turning in my seat I looked back at her to see her glaring out the window. She was never going to change. 

"Next time we will, so don't bother calling us or don't bother coming back. Because we will not be there for you next time." I said harshly back surprising her and Brayden. "We are done playing your game. So run off or don't, I don't care. But next time don't even bother coming back because we won't be there." I said deadly making her eyes go wide.  

With one last glare I turned around and ignored her during the whole trip. I felt Brayden's surprise but I knew he felt the same way. He was worn out from babysitting her, and so was I. I wasn't going to allow her to control us anymore. We weren't going to keep running to her rescue; our life was as bad as her's when she was married to Joey. She just needed to learn how to move past it. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

Carmen- 43 years old, a drinker, brown hair, blue eyes, angry all the time and for some reason wants to see Joey again. 

Don't forget to VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 492 69
Leah is a human, well, as far as she knows. Her mother abandoned her when she was 8, but unknown to Leah, her mum is a werewolf and found her mate. A...
695 130 28
It was like he was on the verge of dying from starvation if he couldn't taste me. Just when I thought the pleasure couldn't get any stronger, it had...
18K 647 23
Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all. She believed all those fairy tales he...
75.7K 2.5K 18
He's a werewolf; she's a human. He's heartbroken; she's the town's heartbreaker. He's running from his past; she's racing towards her future. He's fu...