𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 | 𝐊𝐓𝐇

By CHOGIOUT

in which the heir to the throne of south korea, kim taehyung takes his chance and befriends soojung, a small... More

Characters
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
014

013

3.6K 198 109
By CHOGIOUT

***

i stare at myself blankly in the mirror, my hands clammy and my heart hammering against my rib cage.

"soojung. . "

i turn my head to look to my right, namjoon stood there with his hands in his pockets, a soft smile on his lips.

"namjoon," i whisper loud enough for him to walk closer, my lips quivering as tears welled my eyes.

"i'm scared," i say, and i was.

i was so scared of this whole thing, this marriage, a false plan that was going to change my life forever.

he stared at your reflection in the mirror, "i know," he pauses to look at me, "but it's okay, you'll be okay, everything will be okay."

he looks at me with such emotions that i couldn't comprehend, "you look stunning by the way, the royalty suits you."

i shake my head frantically, "i don't want it, namjoon what if something wrong happens, what if they find out, we're all done, i'm do-"

"sssh," he reaches for my hands and intertwines them together, "it'll be okay, we've got everything set, bona's parents should be here in a few," he pauses.

"we all have faith in you, you'll be standing by taehyung, and when he sees y-"

"namjoon, what if he doesn't want me?" i question, the anxiety getting the best of me. "w-what if he blows the cover for me? i would be considered a traitor, i could be put behind bars and then banned from this country or even worse i could be ki-"

"you're overthinking too much soojung, take a breather, breathe in and out with me," he instructs, and i hesitate at first but then listen anyways.

i follow his counter, feeling the dread pool in my stomach. "i'm sorry in advance," i say, knowing sure as hell that i'd mess up.

"it's okay, we're all here, we'll be scattered around the abbey, just look in any direction, you'll see us," he assured and i can't help but smile at the dimpled man.

"thank you,"

he shows his dimpled smile again and then taps his ear, "did you get the earpiece in?" i nod, feeling the device set in my ear.

"c-can we revise the plan again?" i ask and he nods, pulling his phone out and showing the blueprint and repeating the plan that we all had engraved in our brains.

"it'll be hard, but we'll make it through," i remember jimin say from when we were all at his place.

"i'm sure we can do it, just the right procedure and we can do it."

"but, guys, do i have to be the bride?" i asked, and all of them momentarily shut up.

bona looks up with a small smile, "you love taehyung, don't you?" she asks and i look at her with a tilt of my head.

do i love taehyung?

do i want to be able to spend more time with him?

do i want to grow old with him?

"if there's no bride, there can't be a wedding," jungkook adds, getting a smack from jin, who retorted back.

"stop pressuring her to say yes, you guys," he says frustratedly, "soojung, i know this is a hard decision but you have a month till the actual wedding ceremony, take your time and think."

yoongi nods, "think, because this is your future, this wedding is the wedding of the century. you should only agree to it if you're really in love with taehyung,"

"not to scare y'all or something but, this wedding is broadcasted in almost every corner of the world. the decision might make it the best, or worse, it will never happen." jimin adds before running a hand through his hair.

namjoon shakes his head and faces me, "soojung, only agree to it if you're a hundred percent sure."

"because once you're in, it's not easy to back out." jongin cuts in, earning a nod from everyone.

and i felt myself feel smaller and smaller with all these things thrown at me, so many thoughts pestered me for twenty-five days. these days are filled with doubts and concerns and the thoughts of taehyung.

i would get his regular texts, and i could tell that he was hurt but covering it up with the act of being happy about this forceful marriage.

i'd message him back just how my regular self would, not letting him get a hint of anything else.

because if he was hurt, i was too.

he was busy accommodating his parent's wishes and for the well-being of his country and i was busy recollecting my thoughts.

ten days were spent in denial, i can't possibly be in love with taehyung.

i've barely known him, or did i?

and then the other ten days was me in absolute confirmation that i did fell in love with taehyung.

the small things i did with him, be it sitting in comfortable silence or an absolute mess of screaming and yelling.

the past five days were hell.

i'd see news broadcasting the wedding and preaching about the future of this country in the hands of the king and queen. people celebrating by decorating their houses or by giving discounts to their regular customers.

and i walked the streets without anyone knowing that i would be the one standing next to taehyung.

my mind was in a fury, what if the public doesn't want me? will taehyung be happy with me? will i be able to do this?

"soojung? soojung?"

i jumped at the sudden call for my name, "i-yeah, what were you saying?" he smiles softly and takes my hand in his.

"it'll be alright," he nods, "bona's parents will be here in two, remember you're bona for now."

i nod and he brings his hand to tuck down the veil, "only if i acted fast then maybe i could've. ."

"did you say something?" i asked, feeling my hands shake slightly.

"no, just warning you that they're here," i inhaled sharply, and twist my head to the side, bona's parents walking in with proud smiles and cheers.

"oh my god, bona, you look stunning!" her mother cheered and i bowed my head a little lower, thinking that if she'd still find me stunning if she knew that i wasn't bona.

namjoon takes his cue and proceeds to leave, not before giving you one last glance and feeling his heart papillate in the gloom before walking out towards his vintage rolls royce to make his way towards the abbey.

it felt as if today was the last day on the planet, people cheering so loudly, waving the country's flag in the air while holding colourful flowers in their hands.

the cold air not stopping the people to line up behind the barricades in front of the palace.

taehyung sat in front of his vanity, dressed in a white navy suit, multiple medals adorning his chest pocket, his hand holding the hat that was engraved in the royal navy symbol.

he tapped his feet up and down and feels his heart get restless, he runs a hand over his face and shuts his eyes tight.

"taehyung, it's time."

he nods with eyes closed and jimin presses his lips in a firm line. he walks towards the man sitting in the traditional wedding uniform, and lays hand on his shoulder.

"taehyung-ah, let's go, your coronation will be held first, and then the wedding," he announces and taehyung nods, lifting his head to meet jimin's softer eyes.

"how's soojung?" he speaks for the first time since jimin arrived, jimin feels himself bite the inside of his cheeks, holding back a smile.

"she's alright," he says, "she said if she can make it, she'll be at the wedding, waving at you through the crowd."

taehyung hums and looks at himself in the mirror and stands up, grabbing his hat before placing it on his head.

adjusting his suit he turns around and nods at jimin, "let's go, the worlds waiting."

***

"look at the people, they must be so excited about your and taehyung's wedding, huh?" bona's father looks out the clear windows of the rolls royce, seeing the country wave at them.

"y-yeah," i let out, adjusting the train of the dress with the help of the stylists who helped me sit in the car, the photographer in the front seat snapping pictures as i take a seat.

"lady bona, you look breathtaking!" the photographer cheered and i smiled through the veil, and bowed my head a little.

my hand automatically goes to fix the tiara and the camera clicks, capturing the moment. she takes a few more snaps before getting out of the car with a content smile, the driver takes his seat and accelerates the engine.

i look to where the photographer stood, her eyes on the camera as she went through her photos. just as the car started to drive off, i made eye contact with her widened eyes, she knew.

i closed my eyes and leaned back, bona's father took his hand in mine and patted it. "did you want this?" he asks, voice just above a whisper.

i open my eyes and almost laughed at the man, he asked such an important question the damn day of the wedding and i wondered if bona would be like this.

"it's too late to back down now father," i put my hand up and wave the way bona had instructed me too, "you should've asked that earlier, then maybe i would've given you an answer."

"i-i should have," he responds, looking out the window and waving at the crowd gathered.

"i'm sure taehyung would cherish you just how we do," i smirk at his remark, only if he knew what was going down.

"okay, okay, mic testing, jimin hyung's a bitch, can everyone hear me?"

i jump at the sudden screech in my ear, bona's dad gives me a look but proceeds to look outside as jungkook continues his screaming.

"oh my god jungkook, i will kill you tonight." jimin responds and i hear the rest laugh at their bickering.

"you guys deserve jail, anyway, i'm sure soojung is in the car, she can't speak because my dad's with her," bona states, "but soojung, just to let you know you're about two minutes away from the abbey."

i take a sharp inhale and intertwine my fingers together, feeling the jewelry starting to itch against my skin.

"jin and namjoon hyung will be standing at the entrance of the abbey, once soojung and bona's father come in and start walking down the aisle, the two will be walking behind them."

"jungkook's monitoring the cameras, he'll be watching how the broadcasts are being shown,"

"yoongi hyung's standing next to the colonel's and the military men, jongin and bona are sitting the at the hidden balcony on top of the abbey." jimin announces.

"is that safe?"

"yeah, no ones gonna see them, i'm here with them right now." jimin adds, glancing at the couple who nods.

"and where's your highness?" jin asks, while he greets the famous guests who entered the abbey.

"he's in the car with hoseok hyung, that's why he isn't talking." namjoon responds from the other side of the abbey, making sure to hide.

"okay, heads up, the british family's here, oh and so is the chinese,"

"the queen is here?"

"no, it's the prince and princes of cambridge." jungkook let out a hum at that.

"okay, jimin speaking, i'm about to go head down because taehyung and hoseok's here." jimin responds, bidding a wave to the couple and making his way down the staircases.

adjusting his tux and hair he walks down the hallway, side-eyeing jin and namjoon who nod at him and jimin take it as his cue to walk out the abbey, immediately being greeted by cheers.

he smiles and walks to the rolls royce pulling in, he waves at the guard who walks away and jimin takes the opportunity to open the door and let taehyung out.

taehyung, the minute he put his foot out, the cheering soared and he felt his heart drop. by the time he was fully out, he gave a wave with a smile and walked to stand beside jimin and hoseok.

"excited?" hoseok asks with his smile, the reporters and photographers capturing the three princes standing together.

taehyung scoffs and placed his hand in his pants pockets, and one hand adjusting his tie.

"this is the last time you're a prince, when you walk out, you'll be the king of this country." jimin says, eyes roaming taehyung's face, which showed no expression.

"that's why the entire country is cheering, this is the last time they'll see you like a prince." hoseok adds and taehyung nods, eyes shifting to the priest who walks up to them and introduces himself as lee taemin.

"your majesty, let's make our way inside." the four of them enter the abbey, the noise going down as they stepped in and the bells ringing in a pattern, the choir starting their music pieces.

once taehyung walked in, jin and namjoon give him a curt nod and a smile that taehyung returns and walks down the aisle, eyes straight as he feels all eyes on him.

his heart pumping in adrenaline and the only thought in his mind was you.

he swiftly looked around the abbey, no sign of you and he released a sigh. catching the eyes of his parents who smile brightly, the guests all sitting politely with happy smiles as if telling him that we're watching you.

he finally makes his way to the other side of the aisle, his shoes thumping on the red carpet stairs and he comes to stand beside the royal head priest.

he bows at them and looks to the side, eyeing the military men and give them a strict salute, yoongi and the men smile and return it.

the priest comes around and starts to explain the whole tradition of the coronation, asking taehyung to take his hat off and to sit on the smaller throne. he does as they say and takes a seat, hands on the armrests and feet apart.

this time he feels the pressure on his shoulder, he's sitting in the centre of the abbey with multiple eyes on him, cameras capturing the entire family and the moments for those who watch from home.

he feels the royal priest and priestesses walk up to stand beside him, holding the bejewelled stick with multiple diamonds and gems that had an oval shape on the top.  they stand beside him and pose for the photographer who takes his dear time to snap a picture.

taehyung relaxes when the camera is taken away from him and sees his parents walk towards him. dressed in the finest outfits and jewels, walking side by side.

they get lost in the conversation with the priests, and taehyung sets his eyes around the hall. meeting the eyes of important members and the military men and women.

the priests tap his shoulder to start the ritual of the coronation, he nods and feels himself slip away as they do what's necessary.

he keeps his eyes at the top of the hall as they chant to the god and promise to the country.

jongin and bona both swallow, "jongin, is it just me or does taehyung look fucking intimidating."

he nods and looks through the little window that showed the perfect scene of taehyung sitting, "with the crown on his head, he'll be unstoppable."

"i'm scared for soojung, i just hope she can make it."

just as bona spoke, soojung and the old men beside her stepped out of the car. bona's sister coming behind to fix the train of soojung's ivory dress, the flower girl and boys standing beside each other as they giggle over something.

i wave at the crowd and they wave back with twice more excitement, it made me feel as if it was really my wedding, well it was, but as bona.

i start to walk slowly towards the entrance, hands holding the bouquet as my heart trembles when i step in the hall.

jin and namjoon immediately step up to stand beside soojung, bona's father steps to the side and walks in with his wife to sit on the other side of the abbey.

"you're doing great," jin leans down to mumble and i nod, "thank you."

namjoon smiles and gestures for the three of us to start walking, "as we speak, taehyung's getting his coronation done. the minute you come to stand next to him, he'll already be the king of this country."

i nod at the information being thrown at me and balance myself over the sky-high heels. jin and namjoon seek to look in front, biting down laughs as jungkook starts to whine through their earpiece.

i zone out jungkook's voice and look through the fabric of the veil, it looked stunning, the tall ceilings with colourful windows and decorations hung from it. the guests sit neatly and properly, flowers decorating the hall and the choir continues its singing.

"soojung, look in front."

i fix my eyes in front and feel my heart stop, it felt as if the time slowed down as my eyes fix on taehyung's body that sat on the large throne.

the priest slowly placing the crown of the monarch, which shined with every glance, taehyung's shut eyes slowly start to open as the crown lowers down to his head.

just as the crown is placed on his head, his eyes find mine and i force myself to not get startled at the sudden eye contact.

taehyung was now a king.

"and this is where we'll leave you," both the guys walk to the right and stand beside yoongi while i stand in the middle in front of him.

he stands up and i could feel the regalness and the power coming from him, he steps down and extends his hand with a little smile. i look at his larger palm and hesitatingly take his hand, he grips it softly and pulls you up the steps.

both of us stand by each other, taehyung feels his grip on her hand tighter but feels that something is off.

the priest tells us to face each other and i shut my eyes in nervousness and shakily face him, "you look beautiful," he whispers and i feel myself tear up.

"t-thank you," i say and taehyung freezes.

"bona?" he thinks, hands holding hers and his eyes roamed the room. his friends all give him an excited smile, and he wonders if he's missing out on something.

when he chooses to look at the wooden column up high, he narrows his eyes and feels something move there and he panics, is this an assassin attempt?

"lady, who will now become the duchess, she who'll stand beside the king and lead with him."

i find myself looking straight at taehyung, my hands shake a little but he has his eyes stuck somewhere else.

"he, who'll rule this country in peace and righteousness. he, who'll stay beside her till death do them apart."

taehyung feels himself be more and more suspicious of everything around him, the smiles of his friends, the shifting of something in the room up above, the size of bona's hand and her voice.

"king kim taehyung, do you take the beautiful lady to be your wife."

he hesitated for a moment, his hands unconsciously tighten around yours and you feel your heart thump against his chest.

he's going to say no, he'll say n-

"yes, i do."

"soojung, control yourself." i hear jungkook say, his voice sounding out of breathe as if he ran. "guys, i'm at the abbey." he says.

"do you my lady," the priest turns to me, "do you take the kim taehyung as your husband."

everyone in the room held their breaths, namjoon, jin and yoongi from the right side. bona and jongin from the hidden room, hoseok, jungkook and jimin from the left side.

you and taehyung.

"i do."

the entire hall starts to gleem in joy when taehyung slides the ring up my ring finger, the man smiles and continues his words.

"i now, pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride."

taehyung proceeds to lift the veil from my face and i ready myself for the reveal, it feels as if he hesitates for a minute and looks around.

he looks to the guys and then back at you, shaking his head as he lifts the veil, only to be shocked at what he was seeing.

"s-soojung. ."

***

this took forever bc i had to watch 4 hours worth of the british wedding to assemble this together, aND UH next chapter might be the last !

— chogiout.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 16 16
Prince Yoongi, heir to the throne needs a wife in order to become king. The crown princes of Bangtan, a providence in Korea, hold a ball where every...
1.3K 124 40
In a realm where two powerful kingdoms stand in a questionable friendship, Prince Jeongguk the III and Prince Taehyung find themselves drawn together...
590 53 22
A girl who decides to take a walk in her new town sees something that will change her life for a lifetime. As she continues to follow the mystery, s...
607K 26.9K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...