A Whole New Adventure

By loserfanficlover

They say that Universal Studios is the closest way one will experience the Wizarding World. Clarissa didn't t... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13

Part 8

418 24 1
By loserfanficlover

Clarissa felt more at ease once the Headmaster has left. She immediately turned to her parents and demanded to know what they told Dumbledore. In short, Dumbledore knows that she's a true Seer, the whole visions, white eyes and headaches, the whole nine yards. They mentioned to him about Clarissa "seeing" Voldemort ask about horcruxes and create some but was unable to give any information about the objects he used, seeing as Clarissa hadn't told them either.

It calmed Clarissa down a bit to know that she's still very much in control of how this is going to play out. She figured she needed to write down the timeline as she knew it and finish most of her research regarding horcruxes and fiendfyre before school starts in a couple of days. It will seem suspicious for her to be researching dark magic on school grounds, but she might get away with it if Dumbledore knows now, although she rather not be under watch by the Headmaster.

The adults decided that the way they'll train her (and James and Sirius) on occlumency is by trying to find out what the horcruxes were. It gives Clarissa the incentive to keep the information well guarded in her mind. They were to start tomorrow because of how much today affected everyone, emotionally at least. The Nox's were ready to retire to their own Manor, despite it only being half past 8 in the evening. Clarissa seemed to forget that her family came straight from France without so much taking time to rest.

As her family was saying goodbye to the Potter's, her mother asked her if she wished to stay here for the remainder of the summer (which was only 3 days left). Clarissa was surprised that they didn't force her to go home after what's happened. It really showed the trust they have with the Potters. Despite being allowed to stay, Clarissa decided on going home. She wanted to stay with her family for as long as she can before going to Hogwarts. She told her family to go on ahead and that she'll be right behind them.

Turning to James, she tilted her head and extended her hand, "Help me pack?"

James smiled softly and nodded his head. Clarissa told her family that she'll be right along after she grabs her things, then made her way upstairs with James.

Once they made it to her room, she realized that she didn't have much to bring back. Just her clothes, the things she bought from Diagon Alley, and the research she's done. All the other things just stayed there, at this point it's not even a guest room; it's her room now.

"Do you need me to stay with you tonight?" James asked her as he put her clothes in a small suite case that has her initials on it.

Clarissa looked up from gathering the parchment on her desk, pondering over his offer. She can't allow herself to be dependent on him forever on something as simple as sleeping in a different bed even though she would love to wake up in his arms again.

"No, it's alright. I need to be able to get used to it eventually," Clarissa gave him a smile, "but thank you for offering."

James waved off her thanks as he shut her trunk and carried it while guiding Clarissa back down to the fireplace. He stood near the mantle holding the pot of floo powder. The rest of the Potters were still in the living room area, waiting for Clarissa to go home.

"Do you wanna go first?" He asked, tilting the pot towards her.

Clarissa hesitated, still a bit nervous to travel by floo. It wasn't like in the films where the person steps in the empty fireplace and drops the powder to activate it. Here–like in the books–they throw down the powder to activate the flames then they step in.

"Um, why don't you go through first. Then I'll copy your actions," She gave James a weak smile.

"Of course, love. No need to be scared, I'll be on the other side waiting for you."

James stepped forward and grabbed a fistful of powder before throwing it down. Bright green flames erupted in the fireplace and Clarissa watched as James stepped in them naturally with her trunk, showing no signs of pain on his person. She watched as he disappeared after yelling Nox Manor.

Clarissa turned back towards the Potters and Sirius.

"Thank you, for all you've done," She told them gratefully.

"It's nothing, my dear. You are family after all," Euphemia assured her.

"We'll see you tomorrow around 9, that way we all get to have a bit of a lie in," Fleamont told her.

With one last round of hugs, Clarissa bid them goodbye. She copied James' actions and steeled herself before stepping into the green flames. Although she could see the green flames tickling her skin, she only felt coolness from them and no burning pain. Once she yelled out her destination, Clarissa felt herself get whisked away at great speed. As she travelled, she noticed what seemed like other fireplaces whizzing past her, though she could not clearly make them out.

At the end, she landed— more like stumbled out— into a beautiful living area, onto James' awaiting arms. She barely paid attention as James brushed the soot off her body, too enraptured by the beauty of the place. It was the complete opposite of the Potter's own home. Whereas Potter Manor was rich and dark, Nox Manor was pure white with white marble flooring and grand floor to ceiling windows. The accent colors were pale blues and greens, found in the throw pillows and art that hung on the walls. It reminded Clarissa of her house back in her world, though obviously not as grand, but the color scheme was the same. If this was how their living room looks, she was excited to see her own room.

"Ah James, I didn't realize you were staying the night. Shall I get Della to fix your room for you?" Dorian asked, wearing much more comfortable clothing than earlier, with a cup of tea in his hands.

James shook his head and gave the man an easy-going smile, "No, that's alright Dorian. I'm just here to help Clara get settled in. Thanks though!"

"Alright, let Della know if you change your mind. Clarissa, when you're settle meet us at the family room."

Clarissa gave her father a nod and watched him exit through a set of doors, leading to who knows where. Despite not mentally knowing where her own room was, her feet definitely did. She let her body navigate her through the manor, passing a very large dining area and double doors that she knew led to a ball room, all the way to the grand staircases. James, who was behind Clarissa, didn't make any indications that she was going the wrong way, so she trusted her instincts and made a couple of turns before stopping in front of a door.

Clarissa took a deep breath before opening the door. To her delight, the room was similar to her own with only slight differences. The size for one, was the biggest difference. There was a massive bed on one side of the room, while the other side resembled a mini library and office all in one. The walls were an ivory white while the accent color of her room was navy blue, unlike the soft colors from the living room. There were two doors near the bed which led to a bathroom and closet. Her desk was organized with stacks of parchment and quills, she also had a very nice stationary set and like James', hers was also littered with pictures of her friends and family.

"Are you... remembering anything?" James asked, startling her a bit.

Clarissa looked at him sitting on the edge of her bed, her trunk lay forgotten on the ground. She joined him on her bed, immediately lying down after feeling the softness. James followed suit and the two faced one another, basking in each other's presence.

"Not really, but the manor is how I remembered my house in my world, just not as lavish as this. My room is the same, though not as big. I was always minimalistic with my things."

James nodded his head in understanding. He watched as Clarissa's eyes begin to droop, a sign that she was exhausted after the day's events. As much as he wanted to let her sleep, he knew that the girl's parents wanted to have a talk with her before the night ends.

"Love," James murmured softly causing the brunette to open her eyes fully, "Your dad wanted to talk to you remember?"

Clarissa groaned not wanting to leave her comfy bed. She pressed her face into her mattress making James chuckle sitting up himself and lifting Clarissa with him.

"Come on, go change into your pajamas and I'll unpack your bags then we can head downstairs together," He told her, planting a kiss on her head as he ushered her to get dressed.

Clarissa pouted but listened to what he said. As much as she wanted to go to sleep and deal with whatever happened tonight tomorrow, she wanted to get a chance to talk to her family about her life here in the Wizarding world. Quickly changing into a pair of cotton pajamas, she exited her bathroom only to see James playing with her phone. He looked very confused at the piece of glass he was holding and was shocked to see it turn on. Clarissa giggled at his expression.

"I didn't realize that still worked," Clarissa mused, walking over to him and inspecting her phone.

Clarissa recalled charging it all throughout her day at Universal Studios with her portable charger. She figured she'll only get a few days' worth from it now since the technology would be too advanced for what they had here in the muggle world, and she wouldn't be able to plug it considering she didn't have the right equipment.

"What is it?" James asked curiously.

"It's your first introduction to my world," Clarissa told him, holding up her phone as if she was presenting.

"This is a cellphone."

James quirked an eyebrow, obviously not familiar with the term.

"Is it like a telephone?" He asked, making the connection with the two words.

Clarissa lit up excitedly, he must have taken Muggle Studies as some point in his years at Hogwarts.

"Yes! Except instead of having a cord, it's mobile. Actually, another name for it is a mobile phone, for obvious reasons. But there's also other cool things in it too!"

Clarissa enthusiastically pulled James down back on her bed to show him the contents of her phone. She showed him how you can play music from it and write instant messages to other people and watch films on it. His most favorite part was the camera though, loving how he was able to immediately see the result of the picture. The two spent a while taking cute pictures, though James was disappointed that they wouldn't be able to get it developed.

"Wow! That's amazing! Sirius would love to have one of those," James exclaimed.

Clarissa agreed and wished she could give one to Sirius but that's obviously not happening for another few decades.

"You can also video call with people. It's basically like when you stick your head into the floo to talk to other people, but again this time it's in the palm of your hands," Clarissa ended, showing the last feature of her phone before shutting it off to preserve the battery.

James tilted his head, her explanation sounding familiar to his ears. It dawned on him why the description sounded so familiar.

"Oh, so like the two-way mirror?" James clarified.

Clarissa thought about it and realized that it's exactly like the two-way mirror. It didn't occur to her before that it was exactly how Facetime worked.

"Yeah! Exactly like that! Do you have yours on you? We should call Sirius and show him." Clarissa asked, looking at James' person to see if he had it.

"Well, I don't have mine, but you do."

James stood up and walked to her desk and rummaged through her drawer before pulling out a small hand mirror. It was about the size of her palm, making it easy to take everywhere.

"It's connected to mine, but it can be spelled to connect to Sirius' too." He told her.

Clarissa fiddled with the mirror, "On second thoughts, I'll show him tomorrow. It's getting late anyways."

James agreed and began to head back to the floo. He pointed the direction of where the family room was despite already having an inkling on where it was. Right as James went for the floo powder, Clarissa latched on to his arm preventing him from moving. It just occurred to her that this will be the first time she'll be without him since she came into this world. Although she'll be with her family, she didn't know if they were the same people or just their lookalikes. James Potter was the only familiar person to her right now.

Sensing her worries, he laid a hand on top of hers, rubbing it softly to calm her. "You'll be okay love," James murmured softly.

"I'm only one call away."

At that, Clarissa squeezed his hand in thanks and slowly loosened her grip. She gave him a quick hug and ushered him off. Watching as he prepared for his departure, James gave Clarissa one last reassuring smile before the green flames enveloped him and whisked him away. She stared a bit longer at the fireplace before making her way to the family room where her parents and brother were probably waiting for her.

Taking a few turns here and there, she reached a set of doors. Placing a hand on the knob, Clarissa took some deep breaths before opening it. Inside, her mother sat on one of the couches, while her father and brother were gathered by the wall that shelved books that she can't wait to get her hands on. All three looked up upon her entrance, her mother beckoning her to come to her side. The two men followed suit and gathered around the small coffee table, claiming their own seats.

It was an awkward few minutes, no one in the family knowing how to break the silence. Clarissa took it upon her to start up the conversation, hating every minute of stillness.

"I don't remember much," She started off, startling her family by the sound of her voice, "But I remember everything about you guys in my own world."

She turned to face Damon, smiling softly as she recounted every fight and every laughter she spent with her brother.

"I remember you hitting me in the head with a soccer ball when I was eight and Mum grounding you for a week. I remember you coming to me for advice on that girl you dated when you were 16—what was her name Amara Bones?— and you freaking out that getting her to be your tutor for that plant biology class was the best thing to happen."

Damon looked at her with wide eyes, his mouth agape but nothing coming out. Clarissa didn't notice her brother's reaction as she moved on to look at her parents.

"I remember dad coming home late because he went to bring food to mum and I would get annoyed whenever he wouldn't bring me any. I remember watching Disney films with all of you together. I remember baking cookies; the chocolate ones dad really likes and him eating it straight out of the oven even though I keep telling him they're still hot. I remember arguing with mum whenever she needs my help in the garden, but I keep telling her about my allergies..."

Clarissa took a deep breath, her ranting finally taking a toll on her. She looked up at all of them with glassy eyes, reminiscing her past was not making it easier for her when she knows these people in front of her were not the same as the ones in her memories.

"I'm sorry, it's just... hard you know. You guys look the same to me, but all I remember are the moments from my own world and nothing from here." She told them softly, looking down on her fidgeting hands.

"Oh sweetheart," Her mother cooed, wrapping her arms around her, "Those memories didn't happen in your 'own' world, they happened here."

Clarissa wiggled herself out of her mother's hold and looked up at her sharply.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Clar, I did get grounded for hitting you in the head when you were eight, but I hit you with a quaffle, not a soccer ball. Mum wouldn't let me play quidditch for a week," Damon told her.

"And I did go out with Amara Bones, you don't remember her? She was in Hufflepuff. Her brother Edgar Bones works with Dad in the ministry. She tutored me in Herbology."

Clarissa was speechless. It seemed that there was a counterpart of her memories from her own world to the wizarding world. This revelation made Clarissa more unsure of herself, what if she really did just dream her own world, but she belonged here? With this thought a burst of pain erupted in her brain. Images flying past, memories of her in the wizarding world coming forth, specifically the ones she just spoke of. Like before, the pain left as soon as it came, and her thoughts were clear again.

Clarissa looked up to see worry etched on her family's faces. It seemed they weren't made aware of what happens to her at times when her memories come back. She quickly reassured them that the pain lessens as time goes on and that it doesn't happen every time she remembers something.

"Clarissa, I know this must be scary for you, and it's scary for us too. But we're a family, and we'll get through this together. Never forget that you're not alone." Dorian told her daughter, caressing her cheek.

Clarissa smiled at him and glanced at her mother and brother, and at that moment she felt that everything was going to be okay. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 2.1K 12
◜𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄◞ 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐: ↷imagines ...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
2.2M 89.8K 35
"You've fallen in love with a girl you've never met?" "Yes, but we play chess!" 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐨𝐜 𝐱 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫...
14.4K 429 65
Jareth Potter never expected to fall in love with the most wanted boy at Hogwarts. He never expected to fall in love with a boy, period. Leona Evans...