misdirection ⤷ g. weasley

By mghstories

mis•di•rec•tion /ˌmisdəˈrekSHən/ n. the action or process of directing someone to the wrong place or in the w... More

introduction
[01] luck
[02] making a scene
[03] confrontations
[05] a nice guy
[06] muggle pong
[07] sick day
[08] payback
[09] honey
[10] only a kiss
[11] change of plans
[12] the 3rd of december
[13] the beginning of different
[14] the three broomsticks
[15] tea tuesday
[16] a breakup for a makeup
[17] questions
[18] cinnamon and musk
[19] baking the tension
[20] fluent french
[21] slap and bang
[22] mistletoeless
[23] a christmas to be kids
[24] the new year
[25] amortentia
[26] trust and truthfulness
[27] two-faced
[28] lying licorice
[29] the inquisitorial squad
[30] april fools
[31] after
[32] a night alone
[33] the pranksters
[34] truths and dares
[35] missed connection
[36] friends helping friends
[37] double date
[38] calm before the storm
[39] family secrets
[40] battle and betrayal
[41] sacrifices
[42] revealing the truth
[43] together
[44] at last
[45] high note
[45 ½]
author's note
WONDERING

[04] first of many

5K 160 184
By mghstories

Marlee's POV

At breakfast on Friday, there was talk amongst the students of a party in the Room of Requirement. That's where most parties were held, except for house ones. I'm sure all the professors knew about the parties we had but never said anything.

"Do you guys want to go?" asked Harlow.

"I don't know," Aries hesitated, keeping her eyes on her food.

I looked around at all of the students talking about it and decided, "We should go. It'll be fun."

"Alright..." Aries gave in. "Just don't get too drunk. I'm looking at you Fab."

Fabienne put a hand on her chest and pretended to look offended, "Me?!"

As innocent as she looked and acted, Fabienne was pretty wild. Her whole blonde hair, blue eyes and "please" and "thank you" was all just an act. I'd say she was the craziest out of us all.

So after the minimal effort it took to convince my friends to go, we went through our school day, did homework and ate dinner before it was time to go to the party.

When we arrived at the party, a good amount of people were already there. Many were dancing in the mosh pit and others were in corners, making out. Everywhere people had cups in their hands filled with alcohol. I wouldn't be surprised if Fred and George supplied that. Fabienne somehow escaped and grabbed us all drinks right away.

"To the first of many parties this year!" she cheered to which Aries rolled her eyes. We threw up our cups and drank, the stingy taste prolonging as it went down my throat. I shook my head at its nastiness. I'd never been a fan of the taste which is why I normally didn't drink too much at parties.

"Alright can we go now?" Aries pleaded after taking one small sip.

"Don't be a party pooper!" Fabienne exclaimed and threw her arm around Aries' sagged shoulders. I chuckled at her "glum" demeanor when I saw all of their eyes adjust to something behind me.

"Boo!" Someone grabbed my waist and I jumped slightly.

I turned to see a drunk George with a half empty bottle in his right hand. His hair was all messed up, going in different directions and his shirt was unbuttoned, exposing a white tank and a tiny golden chain that I'd never noticed him wearing before.

"Merlin George, are you drunk already?" I asked him, only partially concerned.

"I've been here for hours darling, I didn't know you were into parties." I smiled as his words meshed into one another.

He brought the bottle up to his mouth and I snatched it out of his hand. "Hey I think that's all for you tonight," I said. He pouted and I drank some right in front of him just to spite him.

"Well that's not fair!" he whined like a baby.

I giggled, "Go to bed George." He almost tripped over his feet as I playfully pushed his shoulder.

"You will not have a happy table mate on Monday, Slytherin," he yelled as he walked away.

I rolled my eyes then turned back to my friends who were all staring at me. "What?" I said.

"I didn't know you and George were so close," Aries smirked and took a drink from her cup but immediately spit it back out.

"Yeah, you told us he just needed help in DADA and you were tutoring him, not that you were friends," Harlow added.

My words faltered as I explained, "Well I mean you know him. The guy doesn't shut up, of course we talk in class. But I wouldn't say we're close."

"I've always thought he was super hot like what I'd give to sit next to that man," Fabienne said.

"Merlin girl. I never knew you liked him that much," Harlow took the words right out of mine and Aries' mouths.

I never really thought of that before. He was always just a normal guy to me whenever we'd talk. Plus, out of all the nights we'd spent talking about boys, George was never really brought up. Fred was mentioned once years ago but we disregarded that after Harlow mentioned he fancied Angelina. Harlow and Angelina were cousins.

"Well I don't like him. I just think he's attractive," explained Fab.

"He did kind of look good with his shirt unbuttoned like that," Harlow said, peering over at him talking to Lee, Oliver and a girl with short brown hair that looked like Serena Hopkins, a Gryffindor in our year.

I tried to see what they saw but couldn't. I mean next to him, Oliver was pretty cute, but George? No, I couldn't see it.

We quickly moved on from this topic and danced the rest of the night away, screaming the lyrics to the songs at the top of our lungs. Fab had disappeared and somehow I also lost Harlow and Aries but found them chatting with Tristan and Ceaser, two Slytherins in our year. Tristan and Ceaser had sort of been our friends since second year. Aries says her crush on Ceaser went away our third year but I still see her gazing at him in the common room.

The energy in the room had died down as more and more people left to do...stuff or go to sleep. I saw Angelina say bye to Harlow as she left with Fred. This led me wondering to see if George was still here since I didn't want to engage in Aries and Harlow's conversation with Tristan and Ceaser.

It wasn't long until I found him sitting in a corner alone. He looked like he could pass out right then and there but every couple of seconds his eyes fluttered back opened. I decided to walk over to talk to him.

"Had fun did you?" I joked as I slid my back down against the wall until my butt hit the floor.

He slowly turned his head to me and closed his eyes. "Wicked."

I chuckled. Boy was wasted. "Do you need help getting back to your dormitory?" I asked, genuinely.

He simply shook his head. "Freddie and Ang are doing it anyway so I'll probably just...stay here." His voice trailed off.

"Well that doesn't sound like fun," I tried to get him to joke back.

"It's not," he replied. Wasted George wasn't fun as it would seem.

We talked a little more like this, with him responding tersely until my eyelids began to feel heavy. I started drowning out the music and George hadn't said anything in awhile so I assumed he had fallen asleep. It was almost 3am now and barely anyone was still here, so I laid down and closed my eyes.

I woke up in an empty but trashed room. Empty bottles, cups and cans were scattered all over the room. There were even some bras and shirts on the dance floor too. Suddenly, I realized that I was laying on George's lap and I sprung up immediately. Fortunately for me, he was still sleeping and didn't notice.

I recognized some others that were sprawled along the floor but none were my roommates. I couldn't believe they just left me here. Although, I guess I was happy for them if they had some fun last night.

My head felt like hundreds of bricks which was odd considering I didn't drink as much as I usually do. Since there where no windows in the Room of Requirement, I didn't know what time of day it was but the clock on the wall read, 9:02. I wondered what Dumbledore thought when a third of the students didn't show up for breakfast on a Saturday.

"Bloody hell," a groggy voice said next to me.

"Good morning," I whispered. My throat felt a little sore probably from screaming over the music all night.

George yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Blimey, what's the time?"

"9:02," I mumbled, too lazy to move my lips.

George groaned and stood up on his feet. "Well c'mon now," he urged me.

"How did you get up so fast?" I whined, not wanting to get up just yet. I wasn't really a morning person although it seemed like George was.

"C'mon," he continued and held out his hands for me to take and pulled me off the ground. The force from both of us pulling, made me slam into him as I stood up. It was probably the closest to him I'd ever stood before and I realized how much of a height difference there was between us. Probably a good foot, maybe more.

He noticed this too and exclaimed, "Merlin you're short!"

"Shut up," I muttered and pushed his chest, walking past him as he followed behind with a smirk on his lips.

We made sure the coast was clear before exiting the room but as we turned the corner we ran into Snape of all people.

Snape peered down at us as he spoke, "Weasley...Chang...fun night?"

George and I immediately recognized our appearances with our untamed hair, George's unbuttoned shirt and my exposed shoulders since I had taken my flannel off because it got too hot last night. I wasn't too sure where it was, now that I thought of it.

"Yessir," George answered and I gave him a confused look. Was he trying to get us in trouble?

Out of the blue, my stomach flipped and before I knew it, I had thrown up all over Snape's shoes. George's eyes widened and I slowly looked up at Snape while wiping my mouth, "Sorry Professor. I didn't—"

"I will be seeing you both in detention then?" Snape asked but didn't really ask. He quickly cleaned up my mess with a spell and wasn't as upset as I thought he'd be.

"It-it's a Saturday, Professor," George pointed out.

"And?" Snape glared at George and I saw a lump go down his throat.

"We'll see you there, Professor," I replied, dragging George away in case he decided to say anything else that would get us in more trouble.

Once Snape was out of ear shot George muttered, "Well that's fantastic."

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes.

"You're the one who threw up on him!" he whisper-yelled at me.

"Well you're the one who said we had a 'fun night' weren't you," I whisper-yelled back.

A goofy smile appeared on his face, "Well I did have a fun night."

"Ooo did George meet a girl?" I smirked, ignoring our little dispute seconds before.

"No," he scoffed but was clearly bluffing.

"Was it maybe Serena Hopkins?" I rolled my eyes and could see him holding back a smile.

He put his hands in his pockets, unsure of how to reply, "How did you know?"

"I saw you guys talking," I admitted.

"And why were you looking at us talking?" he smirked mischievously.

"Because..." I didn't want to tell him that my friends were drooling over him. "I was looking for Aries and Harlow and I happened to see you guys talking."

Good one Marlee.

"Right, right." I knew he believed me but was just being his usual sarcastic, witty banter self, so I rolled my eyes in return.

He walked be back to my common room—despite my protests—and when I got back to my dormitory, all of my roommates were casually sitting in their areas, doing their own thing.

"Wow you didn't even worry about where I was?" I said, sarcastically and put a hand on my heart.

"You looked like you were having fun with Weasley," Aries stated, not looking up from her homework.

"Plus I was long gone before that," Fabienne said which prompted me to ask where she went.

"Yeah, where did you go Fab?" I questioned.

Harlow rolled her eyes, "She's gonna tell it again." Fabienne glared at Harlow.

"Well I want to hear it!" I jumped onto my bed, anxious to see what my friend had been up to last night.

"Oh it was lovely! Oliver took me to the Astronomy Tower and then he kissed me! And more—but then some seventh years came and kicked us out," she explained super fast.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Wood?!" I confirmed. Aries scoffed at hearing his ridiculous last name.

"Exactly," Harlow began. "I don't understand where this all came from. Oliver's been known to go through girls so he probably has done every girl in every other house and now is making his way through Slytherin."

"Oh c'mon don't spoil it for Fab!" I said, taking clear notice that Harlow was just upset that she didn't get a kiss from Tristan. "So I suspect things didn't go as planned with Tristan and Ceaser?" Aries and Harlow made eye contact but neither said anything. "Yes? No?" I tried to read their faces.

Aries hesitated, "They...they sort of just...I don't know, we came to the common room, just to hangout because the music was getting too loud and they immediately passed out so Harlow and I just came here and slept." She shrugged and proceeded back to her work, pretending like she wasn't upset about it.

"Well what about you?" Harlow asked, wanting to get off the topic of their disappointing night.

"I mean I woke up, threw up, then got detention from Snape and here I am," I listed off then decided to put on a new outfit for the day.

"It's a Saturday," Fabienne pointed out, confused.

"Yeah...I'm not sure, but you know that man, just do what he says and you won't get in any more trouble." I really wasn't too mad about detention with Snape. It just meant I could catch up on my homework.

"But Snape actually likes you, I'm sure you could've gotten out of it," Harlow said, which was true. If I was late to class he wouldn't really care but I think that was because I was quite good with potions and in Slytherin house but I also did throw up on him.

"I guess but I mean George was there too—"

"George? You have detention with George?" Fabienne sounded like I just told her I was pregnant and I saw them all looking at me weird once my head came through the neck hole of my shirt.

"Did I not mention that?" I said casually. They shook their heads, no. I shrugged and sat back down on my bed. "Oh well yeah I have detention with George."

"No wonder you didn't protest," Harlow smirked and Aries snickered but tried to cover it up with a cough.

"Hey, hey. I'm not the one who was drooling over him last night, was I?" I said, eyeing Fabienne.

"So then you could lend me some of your hair for Polyjuice? Oh pretty please?" Fabienne joked.

We laughed and the conversation moved from my detention with George to Angelina's birthday party next week. Harlow was invited but she was making us all go with her. Their families didn't really get along since Harlow's was obsessed with the whole Pure-blood thing, so her and Angelina weren't that close. Although, I was sure it would be an exciting night with a whole bunch of Gryffindors and I was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 173 5
❝𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝❞ -𝒂.𝒆.𝒑 ...
176K 3.2K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
322K 12.9K 68
❝𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴. ❞ -𝘛𝘰𝘮𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘚𝘭𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯 ↳𝘪�...
7M 165K 111
UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been edited.) ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❖❖❖ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ❛𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯...