π“ˆπ‘’π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ’Ή 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓃𝒸𝑒 | T...

By cutesight

"πΉπ‘œπ“‡ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“ƒπ“Šπ“‚π’·π‘’π“‡ π“‰π“Œπ‘œ." - - - - Life seemed perfect. You are happily in... More

Dumbass
Painful truth
I don't understand
Go talk to him
Let's start from the beginning
Thank you, Kageyama
You're first
One sided
Enraged and worried
You're welcome
Surprise and jealousy?
Kageyama is a fool
You're a good guy
Roommates
Her secret
Closure
Soften up
Do you not want to?
Payback
Petty
I'm done hiding
For you, I'm willing to be second
He's cute
We're dating
Your first argument
He's in deep
Do you love Kageyama?
Another secret
Quick is who I am.

You're their friend

6.4K 329 766
By cutesight

"So, what have you guys been up to? Being studious university students I hope?" Daichi lowers the beer from his lips and sets it down on the wooden table.

Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Daichi, and Suga share a table at a sushi restaurant. The other previous members of the volleyball team couldn't make it to their monthly meet up due to their classes or jobs.

A darkness looms over Hinata. His usual brightness in his eyes and smile are nonexistent.

Suga notices the lack of attention from him. He places a salmon sushi on Hinata's plate to grab his attention. "Everything alright Hinata? You seem out of it."

"He's been like that for two weeks." Tsukishima speaks bluntly as he extends his chopsticks towards one of the many sushi's in front of him.

Yamaguchi forms a weak smile to explain further. "Y/L/N and him broke up on their fourth anniversary."

Suga and Daichi both raise their eyebrows with widen eyes. "Is that so? Did something happen?" Daichi turns his eyes over to Hinata. A grimace forms on Hinata's face, his hands cover his face.

Neither Tsukishima or Yamaguchi can answer Daichi. Hinata will definitely get a scolding once he tells them the reason.

"He cheated on her." Kageyama who has no filter, doesn't bother holding back the truth.

Hinata lowers his head against the table besides Kageyama. "You like to be a pain in the ass, don't you Kageyama?" Hinata mutters in a soft whisper.

A devilish smirk forms on Kageyama's face and he chuckles lightly. Suga and Daichi both look baffled from the reasoning.

"C-Cheat?" Suga stammers out the word. "Hinata of all people? That doesn't sound right." Suga looks over to Hinata who's not defending himself. He slowly raises his head up and runs his fingers through his orange hair.

Daichi looks at Hinata with disappointment. He admired the twos relationship the moment the two became a couple. Their personalities melded well together. Y/L/N was someone who could balance out Hinata's energetic self with her calm natured presence.

"Care to explain Hinata?" Daichi's intimidating stern tone sends a chill down Hinata's spine. His throat becomes dry as he swallows his saliva. With quivering lips, Hinata begins to tell his two seniors the entire situation.

Two empty beers later, Daichi slams his third one against the table. Everyone flinches besides Tsukishima. The blonde haired boy crosses his arms and leans back in his seat to watch the show unravel before him.

"So let me get this straight. Yachi was your first love but she wasn't ready to be in a relationship. You then dated Y/L/N after developing feelings for her." Daichi slowly sort his thoughts aloud. "But, after all your years with Y/L/N...a single kiss from Yachi made your heart waver?"

Hinata nods his head slowly. Hearing his actions aloud only makes him feel worse.

A single kiss shattered a four year relationship.

Suga reaches across the table and grabs Hinata by his shirt collar. The others are thrown off by his behavior. "Hinata are you an idiot?! I'm sure you already know you are. But...what the fuck?!"

Daichi pulls Suga back to his seat, prying his clenched fingers off of Hinata. "Suga." Daichi's low tone snaps Suga back from his anger.

"Have you talked to her recently?" Daichi eyes Hinata who shakes his head. "Yachi's told me she's holed herself up in her room."

"So you're still contacting Yachi?" Tsukishima questions the idea.

"Not in the way you're thinking." Hinata corrects Tsukishima. "I'm avoiding any contact with her. She's the last person I want to be alone with right now." A frown deepens on Hinata's face. His emotions for her are still indescribable. He didn't love Yachi the same way he did before. But there's definitely a pull of his heartstrings for her. A faint one. But the time to think about how he feels about her is inappropriate during this sensitive time for him and Y/L/N.

Hinata ruffles his hair and stands up from his seat. "Sorry, I need a moment to cool off. Being interrogated like this is making me hate myself further." He leaves before the others can say anything about it.

"So, Kageyama." Daichi turns his attention over to Kageyama who's acting like usual. "You're not so innocent in this problem either. What's your relationship with Y/L/N?"

Kageyama knits his brows together, lowering his chopsticks down. "Her friend."

"Isn't Hinata also your friend? You seem to be lending Y/L/N a shoulder more than him." Daichi raises an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly. Suga and Yamaguchi stare at Kageyama in anticipation for his answer.

"You like her, don't you?" Tsukishima loosely tosses the idea out in the air.

Like Y/L/N?

The thought never crossed Kageyama's mind.

"Is it weird to just be friends with the opposite sex without having any feelings towards them?" Kageyama turns his attention over to Tsukishima with a scrunched face. Tsukishima shrugs and wears a smug grin. "I guess not if it's you we're talking about. I'm sure you don't know a single thing about romance."

"Says the one who's also a virgin!" Kageyama spits out in anger. His voice is a bit too loud and he catches the attention of the other people dining in the restaurant. Tsukishima's smug falters the moment he hears Kageyama's outburst.

"You little bit--" Tsukishima's brows furrow together and he clenches his teeth. Yamaguchi quickly pulls Tsukishima back while Suga extends a hand across the table to grip onto Kageyama's shoulder.

"Who said it was a good idea for these two to sit next to each other?" Suga mutters out under his breath. Daichi clears his throat to get Kageyama's attention. "So Y/L/N is a friend?"

Kageyama bites down on his lower lip. "Yes, Y/L/N is a friend of mine. Just like how you guys are my..." His dark blue eyes glare at Tsukishima. "Friends."

Tsukishima huffs out from Kageyama's words, avoiding his eyes. Yamaguchi faintly smiles with a shake to his head.

"What kind of idiot would I be if I wasn't there for her? She did nothing wrong. Hinata is the one that cheated on her. I can't support him for that." Kageyama continues to speak while Suga loosens his grip on Kageyama's shoulder.

"Even so, you should be the friend that lectures Hinata about his wrong doings. He needs somebody to lean on just as much as Y/L/N. Your friends with the both of them. Not just Y/L/N." Daichi sighs under his breath. "The same saying goes for all of us. We're friends with both of them. I'm sure it's a bit awkward to approach them right now, but they need our support."

Everyone casts their eyes down to the table with slight nods.

"Should one of us go check on Hinata?" Suga looks at the front door of the restaurant. Kageyama purses his lips and volunteers himself. He grumbles under his breath and stands up from his seat to head outside.

The moment he steps outside, his eyes roll. He knew he should've stayed inside. The person he makes eye contact with first is Yachi. She coincidentally walks towards the restaurant but purposely walks past Kageyama.

"Hinata. Strange to see you here." She speaks in a soft tone towards Hinata who's leaning against the exterior of the restaurant. He doesn't notice Yachi when his eyes stare at a photo of Y/L/N. Her bright smile makes his heart ache.

He doesn't deserve to think about her. She's probably too depressed to eat properly and it's all his fault.

Yachi waves a hand in front of Hinata's face and he falters from being spooked. He raises an eyebrow when he sees Yachi standing in front of him. "What are you doing here Yachi?"

She shrugs, an innocent smile on her face. "It's the weekend. I made plans with an old friend of mine so I'm heading there now." Hinata aches to ask her about Y/L/N and she can easily tell what he's thinking about from his forlorn expression. "You know Hinata...I'm here if you need anything. I'll come running the moment you call for me."

"No. He doesn't need you to keep him company. You're the very reason why he's like this." Kageyama interjects into the conversation. Hinata's eyes widen briefly when he sees Kageyama stand beside him. "Let's head back inside Hinata. The others are worried about you."

Kageyama waits for Hinata to go inside first before he has a word with Yachi. His eyes darken when he glares at Yachi directly. "You should hurry and meet this 'friend' of yours. I hope they're not in a relationship either. Before you ruin that one too." He clicks his tongue and turns around to walk back inside.

Irritated and insulted, Yachi grabs onto Kageyama's wrist. Annoyance surges Kageyama's body when he feels Yachi's hand on him. He's quick to pull his hand away from her.

"You're such a dick Kageyama!" Yachi yells out.

"Call me whatever you want Yachi. At least I'm not a sneaky two faced bitch that ruined a relationship and friendship over a guy you weren't ready to settle down with." His cold tone sends Yachi into fury but she couldn't mutter a retort back.

It's because Kageyama was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

445K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
87.3K 2.3K 38
based off of 'to all the boys i've loved before' akaashi keiji x fem! reader β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ β™‘ in which, you and akaashi decide to enter a fake relationship...
8.2K 311 21
Jacob and Stefanie Salvatore, Elizabeth and Josette Saltzman, Ryan Clarke, Hope, Henry and Henrick Mikaelson were somehow send into the past; the yea...
136K 3.1K 22
Life can never be simple, unless you shut everyone out. Everything seems so simple when it was only Chloe and Beca and the Bellas. But things started...