Duality

بواسطة chuweytism

Season 2 of Captured Everything failed... I lost everything including the one I love. -Song Yuqi The other h... المزيد

십일
십이
십삼
십사
십오
십육
십칠
십팔
십구
이십
이십일
이십이
이십삼
이십사
이십오
이십육
이십칠
이십팔
이십구
십삼
삼십일
삼십이
삼십삼
삼십사
삼십오
삼십칠
삼십칠
삼십팔
삼십구
사십
사십이

449 14 4
بواسطة chuweytism

Chapter 10

Yuqi's POV

I am currently in my car right now, I'm driving to where they kept Mark. But maybe I should bring him some food, he must have missed the food from the outside world.

I really can't imagine myself locked up in jail and eating food from their. Although there is nothing wrong with that, I would definitely miss the different delicacies. He's been in prison for more than a year now and I always visit him every two months. I usually go there and bring him some food that he loves.

Before going there, I stopped over at a drive thru to buy him some food. I'll just buy him local food this time since last two months ago I brought him Japanese food.

"Good afternoon, may I take your order?"
the lady asked through the machine. I glanced at the huge menu poster in front and think of the perfect meal to buy.

Suddenly, my tummy rumbled as if I didn't ate earlier. Now I have to buy something to eat for myself as well. I looked very closely and gladly, they have a promo meal today.

"I'll have 1 order of your promo meal which is for two people and can you please make it four sets of dumplings."
I said, I don't know why but I was craving for dumplings right now.

"Okay ma'am... additional set of dumplings. Is there anything that you would like to add?" She asked.

"Yes, please add more chili oil and soy sauce. Oh yeah, can I have a cup of water also?" I replied.

"Okay ma'am. Please proceed to the payment area" the lady said, so I stepped on my gas and drove towards the payment area.

I'm going to use my credit card today since I have no cash. I haven't withdraw any cash yet, It's much more safer If I use my credit card to pay.

After a few minutes, they gave me my order and I placed it at the backseat. But then my attention was caught once more by Akali's mask. I forgot about that, but what should I do with it? Should I return it to her? It's still a mystery though, like how it got here in my car. I'll have to think about it some other time, what's important is that I should find a suitable secretary for myself. I have one week and I just hope that I can find someone trustworthy.

It took me another 10 mins just to get to my destination. I stepped out my car and carried the plastic bags full of food.

As I enter, the guards greeted me and bowed along with the other police men.

"Ms. Song, you're back again I see." Police officer Namjoon said.

"You need to get used to of course." I said then he gestured me the way to where I can meet Mark. They already know me and treats me like a normal visitor. They also know that me and Mark are friends which is the reason why I visit him often.

"How is he doing by the way?" I asked officer Namjoon as we walked towards the tight hallway.

"He's doing fine actually, the fact that he took treatments before made him calmer. I definitely believe that there is a chance for him to change" He said, I was actually glad to hear that from him. Even though Mark was just a kid back then, he trued his best to see a psychiatrist to change himself. Now, even the police knows that he has the capability to change.

"That's good to know officer." I simply said then we entered the room where they allow visitors to talk and share a meal with the prisoners.

"Please inform Mark Tuan that his friend Miss Yuqi is here to see him." Officer Namjoon said to one of his mates. I walked towards the vacant table and placed the food on top.

"He'll be here for about five minutes" Officer Namjoon added. I thanked him and
he eventually left. He shouldn't stick around so much since his in charge for the day. Being an officer must be tough since they are tasked to stop crime even if they have to risk their lives

While waiting I can't help but to look at the other people in the room. Most of them were quietly eating and some looks so glad. It's kinda weird because they should be enjoying every second they spend with their loved ones.

Two police men came out of the other room and there I saw Mark in between them. He looked at me and smiled sweetly, like always. Once they reached my table, they removed the cuffs on Mark's hands and left us. I gestured him to sit down and he sat right in front of me.

"Yuqi, it's really nice to see you again. I thought you would never visit." Mark said then reached out his hand. I immediately grabbed it and felt his warm hand touch minez

"You know I won't let that happen right? Plus I only visit once every two months so It is really not a burden in my schedule." I said then smiled at him. It kinda pains me to see him wearing an orange prisoner clothes, maybe I should get him new clothes next time.

"And you even brought food again. I'm really thankful to have you as a friend Yuqi." Mark said then I removed my hands from him. I took out the food that I ordered so we can start eating while having a normal conversation. I missed him as well because two months is also a long time to be honest.

"So how are you Mark? I mean are they treating you right in here?" I said as I took a bite on the dumplings I ordered. They were so good, I should have make them five sets.

"I've been good lately, every week they gather us to bond with the other prisoners. They even let me speak in front, well of course I'm the most etiquette person here." Mark said then gave me a wink. Judging by the looks of the other prisoners in here, Mark looks so much different since he looks innocent.

"Yeah, you look like a priest right now" I teased then he suddenly laughed a bit. I looked at him and he was enjoying his food so much. He must have missed eating dumplings.
"Slow down Mark! No one is chasing you! So much for the most etiquette person!"
I added then he laughed once more.

"Sorry Yuqi, you know that it has been a while since I last ate food like these. The food here are not that good but at least I am able to eat. Most of the time, it taste bland so I somehow volunteer to cook"
Mark said.

"Wow that's nice. I'm sure they enjoy you cooking since you are somehow talented when it comes to cooking. I kinda miss your cooking as well." I said then pouted.

"Don't worry, the first thing that I will do when I get out of this hell is cook for you. Name it and I'll cook it deliciously." Mark said then smiled sweetly once more. I felt comfortable around him now, not like before when I'm not used to his affections.

"I'm looking forward to that Mark." I said then smiled at him back.

"How about you? Are you doing well outside these walls?" Mark asked curiously.

"Yes, it's just that I've been busy lately and there are things that I should be thinking about." I said then he looked at me curiously once more.

"Things like what? Is your professor being tough again? If I were you I'd show him what I'm capable of." Mark said confidently. I remembered that, during his days as a secretary of our company, he was still studying that time. Unfortunately he is unable to finish his course due to his crimes in the past.

"Actually, my Dad is going overseas for about six months and he asked me to run the company while he is gone." I said which made him looked surprisingly happy about the news I just said.

"Woah! that's a huge opportunity Yuqi! I'm sure you would do just fine. But how about your classes? Studying while running a company is a bit stressful you know." Mark replied amusingly.

"He told me that I can stop attending classes since I'm already capable of handling the company. Though I still need to find myself a personal secretary." I said then he looked at me as if he knew someone.

"I know someone! She is somehow experienced with secretary stuff. She is very close to me." Mark said then as he stops eating.

"Who then??" I asked.

"My step sister." Mark replied.

"Ohh yeah, I forgot about your step sister although I haven't seen her yet. " I said, I completely forgot that his father had an affair with another woman. His step mother was a foreigner and gladly he accepted it.

"I haven't visited her ever since I got in jail.  I used to talk to her that much but not anymore. I tell her stories about my job as a secretary of the Song's and she was somehow interested as well. Although I find her weird sometimes." Mark said in a serious tone.

"Do you have contact with her?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll give you her number. I can still remember it but I just hope that she hasn't changed it yet." He said.

"Okay, I'll see this sister of yours but I will still try and find one myself." I replied then took a whole dumpling and stuck it in my mouth. Mark suddenly burst out of laughter because of what I did. I glared at him nut he just continued laughing.

"Your face looks funny Yuqi, you look like a fat dumpling." Mark teased which made me chew faster. Am I getting fatter now? I seem to gain wait lately but I didn't cared since I need to eat more to avoid stress.

"Yahh! This would be the last time I'm bringing you dumplings." I said grumpily.

"Just kidding! You still look cute though." He said then winked at me. I rolled my eyes at him as he does that.

"But seriously, am I getting fatter? Is it obvious that I'm gaining weight?" I asked as I stood up for him to see my body. He looked at me and nodded slowly.

"Yeah, every time you visit me, I notice the change in yor appearance but it's not that bad though. It's kinda good knowing that you're gaining weight." Mark said which made me sat down again. Maybe I should start working out?

"I'll start working out again. I don't want to be fat! My clothes wont fit me anymore" I said.

"It's up to you, although there is nothing wrong with gaining weight. But exercising will definitely make you healthier" he said.

"Yeah, I'll definitely start working out. Maybe I'll try the gym at the hotel, the guard told me that it was renovated." I said then he dropped his chopsticks and swallowed.

"Wait... you mean the hotel where.." he didn't finish his sentence but I understood what he was trying to say.

"Yes that Hotel." I said then he leaned back.

"Why are you still going there? Don't tell me that you are still hoping that Minnie will come back?" Mark said then crossed his arms.

"What if I say yes? What would you do?" I said.

"Look Yuqi, it would be impossible since your father filed a restraining order and banned them from going here. Plus, Minnie is probably happy now with Miyeon. It's not that I'm trying to hurt you or anything, But it's possible." He pointed out. I looked away and sighed. He's right though but I still don't know.

"Just let me do what I want to do Mark. I know what I'm doing." I said as I look him in the eye.

"I'm just worried about you. Minnie isn't the only person living in this world Yuqi. I don't want you to be alone forever." He said worriedly, I find it cute and warming at the same time.

"Don't worry about me Mark. You know that I can't let go of Minnie since she's the first person I fell in love with." I said sincerely.

"Yeah I know. I wonder how she's doing though. If I were to go back in time, I'd go back to the moment where we had fun at the beach. Remember that? Minnie was so drunk." Mark said then chuckled.

"Me too... It was fun back then. I wish we could go back." I said but he just raised his hand and pat me on the head.

"Don't be sad Yuqi, time will come and faith will definitely be on your side." Mark said, suddenly the two policemen came back with the cuffs. I think it's time for him to go back, the time they have is only limited.

"I best be off Yuqi. Take care of yourself okay? And Good luck handling the company." Mark said as the police men cuffed his hands.

"Thanks Mark. Stay healthy in there!" I said then waved at him as he walks away from me. I wish I could talk to him more, I want to tell him a lot. I also want to tell him about my experience in the bar and about this Akali girl. But maybe next time. I'll try to visit him next month, but this time I'll be cooking for him instead of buying.

I cleaned the leftovers and left, I don't want to stick around since I need to think of a way to find a suitable secretary.

But before that, I should also set an appointment with the gym. I need a personal trainer, I can't exercise by myself. I really don't know how to, all I can do is stretch and do Yoga.

Maybe I'll stop by the hotel before heading home, I need to check whether their equipment is good or else I have to use the gym at the company. Our company's building has its own gym area for the staff so they could exercise. My father was the one who thought of having a gym for the staffs health.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

23K 1.1K 22
When failure and nasty rumors ruined the life of Miyeon on her old school, she was about to give up on her dream and considered chasing a new one, bu...
46.7K 2.8K 40
If she could have one wish, Song Yuqi would have wished to go back to Beijing, where she ultimately belonged. However, her wishes had been crushed, w...
9.4K 458 14
A sequel to "Indifference" Minnie decided to finish her college in Korea, a big step she has taken in order to debut as an idol. With her fourth and...
22.9K 928 31
It was just a game that has been trending for everyone, whatever gender or sexuality you have it's for everyone. Curiosity Kills The Cat. Faces of th...