Stuck In The Middle

由 Micromanaged417

This is an IzuJirou/DekuJirou pairing story. The idea behind it all is a song by Tai Verdes, and it's centere... 更多

Chapter 1: You Don't Know Me Like That
Chapter Two: I Said, I'll Try My Very Best
Chapter Three: I Just Go With The Flow
Chapter Four: But Friends Turn Into Sleepovers
Chapter Five: Sleepovers Turn Into Love
Chapter Six: What Do You Wanna Do?
Chapter Seven: Take Me Seriously
Chapter Eight: Love Turns Into Jealousy
Chapter Nine: Can We Stop The Joking?
Chapter Ten: Talks Turn Into Sleepless Nights
Chapter 11: I'm Doing The Same To You
Chapter 12: You Can't Fool me Like that
Chapter 13: Love Turns Into Impatience
Chapter 14: The Incident
Chapter 15: Love Turns Into Forever
Chapter 16: Why Don't You Try Me On Out
Chapter 17: The Sports Festival Part 1
Chapter 18: The Sports Festival Part 2
Chapter 19: The Sports Festival Part 3
Chapter 21: The Sports Festival Finale
Chapter 22: The Date
Chapter 23: Benefits
Chapter 24: Let's Not Go Too Far
Chapter 25: Try It Out
Chapter 26: Now You Know
Chapter 27: Lovers And Friends
Chapter 28: Stay Close
Chapter 29: Righteous Minds
Chapter 30: Chamber of Reflection
SITM: Two Heroes
Chapter 32: Sweetly
Chapter 33: Positions
Chapter Thirty-Four: 9 1 1
Chapter 35: Shameful Game
Chapter 36: One Stop Away
Chapter 37: Who He Is

Chapter 20: The Sport Festival Part 4

1.6K 62 22
由 Micromanaged417

There was a lot of doubt running through Kyoka Jiro's mind. It was mainly because she was pinned against a pretty large dude, whose specialty was speed. First doubt; Jiro wasn't sure she could keep up with the boy, especially physically. Now with that information, as long as she could keep her eyes on him she might have a shot at winning this match.

Second doubt; She knew for a fact she didn't have what it took to take the boy down in a battle of physical strength. He was definitely stronger than her, but that didn't mean she couldn't dish out damage to the boy. She just had to be smarter than one of the top students about it.

Final doubt; Izuku Midoriya was watching her, and she didn't know if she could live up to the boy's expectations. Izuku had faith that she could win this, but Kyoka was doubting if she really could. This was going to be a really hard battle.

She stood before Tenya Iida in the arena, and felt herself shrink. Not only was he nearly a foot taller than her, (Though she is really short), but he also looked ripped as all hell. Was this even really fair?

'I've got to stop letting Izuku talk me into being confident like this...' She thought as she peered up to the stands. Izuku was staring directly at her with a smile on his face, and gave her a thumbs up. She could do this if she tried. Izuku was sure that she would have this in the bag.

"I hate you..." She muttered under her breath as she blushed softly at the boy's smile. Damn his encouragement! She took a deep breath and turned her attention back to Iida.

This was going to be rough.

The two future heroes stared each other down, and readied themselves for their match. Kyoka was feeling nothing but unease, and uncertainty as she knew in a battle of strength she had no chance against Iida. But she knew she had to try.

Present Mic then took a deep breath so that he could announce the beginning of the match. Izuku put down his notebook and watched on, and wished he could send Kyoka all the encouragement he could muster. She could do this.

"START!" The man announced, signaling the start of the match. Iida was swift in his approach, he was sure that he could send her flying in a single blow. He was behind her in a moment's notice, sending a kick straight for her side. Before the boy could strike her Kyoka ducked underneath the boy's leg and jacked her ear into his right calf.

Iida began to panic as he felt the surge of the girl's heartbeat in his leg, she was trying to disrupt the inner engine in the boy's leg with just her vibrations alone! However, it was a lot sturdier than she anticipated. Iida then blasted off to gain some distance, whilst also ripping Kyoka's earjack out of his leg.

"That was a smart move, Jiro!" Iida complimented, puffing smoke out of his exhaust pipes. The girl smirked as it appeared to have some effect on his speed; he's slowed down.

"Well, I try." She stated, staying in her battle stance. She needed to be ready for any sudden movements. Iida then rushed her, causing the girl to flinch and attempt to administer a spinning back heel kick to the boy. However, that was what Iida anticipated as he quickly pivoted and changed course to appear behind the girl.

He then swept her legs out from under her, but Kyoka quickly spun herself around and landed a kick directly onto the boy's right cheekbone, knocking his glasses clean off of his face. The boy stumbled to his knees as he regained his vision, and Kyoka took the opportunity to bring herself to her feet once more.

"Don't underestimate me, Iida!" She exclaimed, feeling the rush of adrenaline from the battle. She was starting to have fun with this, maybe she really could win this! Iida chuckled, and brought himself back to his feet. He smiled at the girl, she was going to be a valiant hero indeed! Iida could tell she had the makings of a hero in this fight, her quick adaptability must've been something she picked up from Midoriya!

"You're right, Jiro! Allow me to take this fight more seriously." He'd state, getting into a runner's stance. It seemed that he really was going to charge her again. Suddenly the flames from his exhaust began to intensify, eventually turning blue like those of a jet propulsion.

The boy was in front of her at a moment's notice and landed a hard kick to her side. Kyoka in that moment wondered if he had just shattered her ribcage or something, cause god damn did that hurt!

"RECIPRO BURST!" The boy exclaimed, as the kick landed. Jiro was launched to the other side of the arena, and Izuku watched in horror as she fell right out of bounds of the arena. He had kicked her so hard that she fell unconscious, and it took all of Izuku's willpower not to jump into the stadium and attack Iida right now. They were friends. It was just a part of the match.

"TENYA IIDA IS THE WINNER!" Present Mic exclaimed as the crowd cheered, or grumbled in annoyance, with a few of the business department students muttering about how they could use either heroes to up their sales.

Kyoka had to be wheeled off via stretcher, and paid a visit to Recovery Girl. Izuku couldn't stay around to watch the rest of the matches as he rushed to see Kyoka and make sure she was okay.

Izuku slammed open the door to Recovery Girl's office, panting as he ran all the way there. All Might, and Recovery Girl were already sitting there and watching over the girl, which made the boy feel more at ease.

"Is she okay!?" He questioned in between breaths. Recovery Girl nodded, and beckoned the boy towards her so that he could see her. Izuku walked over to see the girl snoring softly, and he smiled gratefully. Thank the gods that nothing was broken- or at least if it was she was healed now.

"She fought well, Young Midoriya." All Might stated, before turning to face the green-haired boy. "Now it's up to you. Show the world who you are."

Izuku activated One For All, and green electricity surged around him. He could use the time they had left for the other matches to acclimate a bit more to 8% of One For All. He needed to win this now.

For Kyoka.

The rest of the first round matches went on as normal, with the winners coming out to be Mina, Tsuyu, Bakugou, and Kirishima. The most interesting of the matches being Bakugou and Kirishimas. Bakugou was nearly outsmarted by Uraraka, but due to the boy's unrelenting power he was able to counter her entire plan. It was a devastating defeat, but Uraraka had done well by herself.

Kirishima's match on the other hand had left him against Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu, the two of them having very similar quirks. They duked it out in a battle of fists, but it only ended in a tie. The two of them had to have an arm wrestling contest to decide the winner, and it ended with Kirishima as the victor. Props to him for overpowering iron.

The second round was to start soon, and Izuku was first up to fight against Shoto Todoroki. The son of Endeavor, the number two hero. He was sitting in his prep room, meditating while his body sat in his amplified One For All state. He was trying to garner more control so that he could combat Todoroki's attacks. He only had one shot at this, and he needed to win. The boy saw that it was time to go and headed out of his prep room, he had made his way to the staircase before a large figure emerged from it. It was Endeavor himself, standing right before him as menacing as ever!

"Hey." He greeted awkwardly in his gruff and deep voice. "There you are."

Izuku stood in shock, as the giant of a man stood looming over him. His glare was sharp, and shook Izuku to his core. If this was the number two, why was All Might so... Not scary?

"Endeavor..? Why're you back here?" Izuku questioned, as his mind screamed in fear. He was so intimidating up close like this, what kind of man was he? Judging from what Todoroki said, he wasn't a good man.

"I saw what you did out there. That's an amazing quirk." He congratulated, pointing a finger to the boy. Izuku paled, and shook slightly in fear. "Creating such a force with just a flick of your finger! In terms of power, it seems on par with All Might's."

'Shit, does he know!?' Izuku screamed internally, but he does not dare to show it on his face. He needed to dismiss the man's subtle accusation and move on, it seems the Todoroki's share one thing in common. Bad speculations and theories.

"W-What are you getting at- Nevermind, I have to get going..." Izuku stated, walking past the man. Endeavor crossed his arms and turned to the boy as he walked off.

"My boy Shouto has a duty to surpass All Might." Endeavor states, glaring at the boy's back. "His match against you will prove a valuable test. Put up a good fight against him."

Izuku froze. Todoroki's words from before had rung in his memory, this man is the one who brought Todoroki such anguish and strife. This singular man had caused the boy so much pain just by trying to mold him into... his father.

"I'm not All Might." Izuku spoke, turning to glare at the man as he walked off.

"And Todoroki isn't you!"

"You ready?" Todoroki asked the boy as the two of them stood in the arena. Izuku nodded and the two of them took deep breaths to prepare themselves for this battle. All Might watched on as his successor- No, his pupil prepared himself for this. This was a battle for the ages, and Izuku's shot to tell the world that he was here, and that he would be the next Symbol of Peace.

"MIDORIYA VERSUS TODOROKI!" Present Mic exclaimed, introducing the two contestants. Both students grit their teeth, and get into their fighting stances. "START!"

Todoroki stomped his foot onto the ground and unloaded a powerful trail of ice at the boy, Izuku had been sitting in 5% of One For All and round-house kicked the ice with a small burst of 8%, shattering the ice and stopping it from reaching him.

"That's not going to work on me, Todoroki!" The greenette exclaimed, smirking as he glared at the dual-haired boy before him. Todoroki kept a scowl on his face, as he felt an increase of wind pressure when the boy swiped his foot across the ice. But it felt weaker than before... He was holding back.

"I expected as much..." Todoroki muttered as he saw the boy standing tall, glaring straight at him. Todoroki knew this match wasn't going to be easy, but to have the boy hold back on him? It felt insulting. Infuriating even.

'I haven't learned much from watching Todoroki fight, so I'll have to adapt accordingly... Observe, calculate, and find an opening!' Izuku thought, as he began to analyze the fight. This was something he excelled at, he should have a good basis for victory. Analyze the patterns, and strike when you can.

'He can't fire off that many ice attacks before getting frostbite! I just have to outlast him!' He stated as he kicked another ice trail to smithereens. His body couldn't handle that much ice, and Izuku knew that. It was now a battle of stamina, and Izuku had the edge over Todoroki.

"Trying to stretch out the match, huh!?" Todoroki exclaimed, as he ran up an ice trail that was headed straight for Izuku. He tried to get the high ground and drop down for a devastating blow, but Izuku only needed to time his kick to hit both of them.

The boy swiveled and performed a reverse spinning heel kick, shattering the ice, and striking Todoroki directly in the abdomen. Todoroki was launched and began rolling on the ground, nearly getting out of bounds but stopped himself with his ice.

"Use your fire, Todoroki! Stop holding back!" Izuku shouted at the boy as he struggled to stand. "Everyone's giving it their all! To achieve their goals and make it to the top, and you plan on winning with half of your power!? Is that what you want!? Recognize that it is your own, and COME AT ME!"

Todoroki froze, as fire flared up on his left side. Izuku was right, he shouldn't let what his father wants control how he wants to live his life. He should live for himself and use his quirk. It's not Endeavors, just like his life isn't Endeavors. Todoroki rushed the boy with fire flaring up in his hand, and Izuku smiled. He finally got through to him, thank god. Izuku channeled 8% throughout his entire body and Todoroki was shocked at the increase of speed, but Izuku felt the overwhelming power of Todoroki's fire, and amped up to 100% in his arm, there was no turning back now.

The two boy's powers collided, with interference from Cementoss, they would have destroyed the entire stadium like that, and damaged millions. In the end, however, Izuku was the one still up and standing, with Todoroki unconscious and out of bounds.

Izuku however suffered damage as well, as the fire connected and burned the boy, and his top. With his arm broken, the boy was in great pain, and you could argue that this wasn't even really a win, but... Izuku had beaten Shoto Todoroki.

Bakugou in the stands grumbled something about "Fucking Deku," and All Might was nearly in tears at his pupil's victory! He was so very proud, but in that moment there was only one thing on Izuku's mind. The girl that had wished for him to win, even when she could no longer compete.

"Can't stop now... Can I, Kyoka?"

Both Todoroki and Izuku were wheeled off to Recovery Girl's office, with Izuku only needing minor healing for the burns, and due to his increased stamina training his arm was back in tip-top shape. He also needed a replacement uniform, which he was able to get fairly easy. It's good that UA prepared for situations like this.

Izuku watched as both Todoroki and Kyoka laid unconscious. The healing from Recovery Girl really took a lot out of them, and Izuku was the only one standing. He knew that he'd be the one to go up against Bakugou. Kirishima was tough, but against Bakugou's power it was nothing. He watched the matches in the nurse's office, and of course the winners came out to be Bakugou, Tsuyu and Iida. Izuku's fight was to be against Iida, and Bakugou against Tsuyu. While Tsuyu had an edge against Bakugou in agility, his brute power would definitely overwhelm her. Especially if she tried to use her tongue against him, it would get burned up in a heartbeat so she needed to get close to win.

However, Izuku was glad he was up against Iida. This was his chance to avenge Kyoka. He knew that he had to beat his friend, but this wouldn't sever any bonds. Now the two stood in the stadium, glaring at one another. It was time for their match.

"No hard feelings, Iida," Izuku stated, stretching his arms. Iida quirked a brow at Izuku, was he so sure of his victory already? He would make it his goal to make this as challenging a battle as possible.

"START!" Present Mic declared before there was a green blur to appear behind Iida and punch him straight in his cheek as he turned to face Izuku who had seemingly disappeared and reappeared in behind him. The boy was sent flying, but wasn't straight out of the match quite yet.

'What was that overwhelming pressure!?' Iida thought as Izuku stalked his way over to Iida who was struggling to bring himself to his feet. He made his way over to the boy and crouched down to his level.

"You and Shinso both... Because of you I discovered something about myself." He said, as Iida was frozen in fear at the sheer intimidating aura that Izuku was exuding at the present moment. His eyes were shadowed by his hair, but as he peered down to Iida he had a close eyed smile on his face. "I have something worth snapping over."

His chipper tone sent shivers down the boy's spine before he was gently kicked out of bounds by Izuku, the audience shouted in disapproval of Iida freezing up in the middle of a battle, but none knew of what had just transpired between the two of them. Aizawa in the announcers booth glared at Izuku, saying he had been using intimidation tactics to gain victory. That was a field Aizawa specialized in.

"Uh... Izuku Midoriya wins..?" Present Mic stated, a bit confused at what just happened during the two's bout. Izuku didn't care at this point, he wanted to win this; he had a clear two-part goal:

Tell the world he's here.

And win the Sports Festival for Kyoka.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

97.6K 2.1K 24
what was a small meeting late one night turned into a love story that spanned time. izumina Started as a prompt where you write a love story between...
Falling 由 mellow

同人小说

2.3K 72 14
Everyone has something messing with them; weather it be their past, Their mental illness, or their quirk. Can these teenagers find a hope in their se...
145K 2.1K 21
Most of it is gonna be angst, but there will be some fluff. I'll update whenever I have motivation; dont expect an even updating schedule- Maybe ever...
152K 5.6K 26
Bakugo had been struggling with his anger and Midoriya had been struggling greatly with his depression for as long as they could remember. They came...