I Still Want You

Por benandmirandalover

It seemed as if Miranda moved on so Ben did too. Más

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

2

894 29 4
Por benandmirandalover

The words that have been plaguing Miranda’s mind for the last four days was Ben’s words. “The woman he was in love with.” He didn’t say is ,he said was and hearing that caused her to wonder was that a mistake.

Because she did love Ben, she just wasn’t ready to hop into something as serious as they were. She had just got out of a long marriage that lead to divorce and with Ben everything was moving so fast and she knew that eventually the only thing left to do was marry this perfect man. But her head and heart raced, she didn’t want to move so fast, she thought Tucker was perfect too and look how they ended up.

Eli was easy, no strings attached sex. He was sex that all you needed to do was just that and then put your clothes on and walk away.

Miranda didn’t even know why she was so bothered about Ben seeing another woman. She thought she had broke up with him so she shouldn’t be mad because in her mind he was a single man but what made her heart beat faster was, it was miscommunication between them but he waited for her. He waited a year and a half for her. Miranda smiled at the thought but then frowned.

Here he was waiting for her, meaning he went a year and a half with out sex, which any woman would be lucky to experience him and then he found out that she was getting laid by someone else. She thought about his feelings and how crushed he probably was because he was the kindest man she’d ever had the privilege of meeting.

Miranda looked around for Ben but she never could run into him. It’s almost like he disappeared. “Pierre.” Miranda thought to herself as to why Ben’s schedule never coincide with hers, he was avoiding her again.

Miranda walked to the 2nd floor and she knocked on the door to the office.

“Come in.” She heard a male voice call out and she opened up to walk inside.

“How may i- dr. Bailey.” Pierre said nervously and Miranda kept her eyes fixated on the cup of coffee that was on his desk.

“You will stop re-arranging Dr. Benjamin Warren’s schedule.” Miranda said looking him in the eyes with her serious stare down.

“I’m sorry dr. Bailey but.

“Pierre I don’t care how many cups of lattes he gives you, it stops today or you really want to be on my bad side.” Miranda yelled.

“Okay I completely understand.” Pierre said pushing his glasses up on his nose.

“Thank you. Enjoy your coffee.” Miranda said smiling as she walked away.

“Hey Ben.” Kimberly said walking up to him. She had a millions dollar smile on her face.

“Good morning, what’s with the smile.” Ben asked smiling because hers was contagious.

“You will never guess.” She responded pulling him into a tight hug.

“Enlighten me.” Ben replied.

“Okay so I was talking to one of my good friends and he was telling me that the Head of anesthesiology is retiring and he needs to hire a new replacement.

I recommended you and he agreed and wants to set up an interview.

“Head of Anesthesiology at UCLA.” Ben said excitedly.

“Yes.” Kimberly said clapping her hands.

“Wow thank you so much.” Ben said picking her up and spinning her around. He kissed her on the head and put her back on her feet.

“I’ll give you his information and you guys can set up a day and time for your interview.”

“Woman you really are amazing.”

“I know.” She said smiling.

“Dr. Bailey.”

“Uh Eli Lloyd what do you want.”

“You.” Eli said licking his lips.

“Eli.” Miranda said giving him a warning tone.

“Eli I can’t do this anymore and I don’t want to. I told you I am not that kind of women who-

“Has sex with a nurse.”

“Eli this is not about you being a nurse.” Miranda whispered and looked around.

“I’m not a casually sex kind of woman.” Miranda said.

“I want more, I require more, I should have more.”

“I can give you more. “ Eli said holding Miranda’s hand.

Miranda removed her hands from his and looked him in the eyes.

“Oh you want more, just not with me. “ Eli said and Miranda was distracted.

She saw Ben walk past the two of them in the hallway, he had his head down in his chart but he had a huge smile on his face. Did he hear what she was talking about? Miranda wondered.

I can’t stand him.” Eli said watching Ben.

“What? Wait you two have met.” Miranda gasped.

“Yeah he’s an arrogant jack ass.” Eli explained

“And you don’t think you are arrogant.” Miranda scuffed.

“He thinks he knows it all and I don’t know shit because I’m a nurse.”

“Newsflash Eli, you do act like you know more than us doctors.”

“Why are you defending this guy.” Eli asked crossing his arms.

Miranda stumbled for something to say.

“Oh you like this guy.” Eli said as the realization sat in.

“He was my boyfriend.” Miranda whispered.

What? How long.”

“Nine months and I dumped him which recently I realized was a big mistake. So Eli really, I enjoyed what we had and what we did but I can’t do this anymore.” Miranda said seriously.

Miranda wanted to find Ben, she needed him to know how she really feels. She didn’t know if it was the right thing to do since he was seeing someone else but he ad least needed to know.

Miranda walked into the direction he went in. Normally he would sit in the lounge working on his case files and paper work so she looked there.

“Excuse me nurse have you seen Doctor Warren.” Miranda asked.

“Yes, doctor Bailey he went into the attending’s lounge right there.” Miranda smiled at the women before nodding her head.

“Hey Ben I- “ Miranda started as she opened the door but stopped as she saw he was busy.

“Oh I’m sorry.” Kimberly said backing up from Ben and wiping her lips. Miranda thought she was going to be sick at what she had witness.

“Oh no it’s okay i- Miranda stumbled to find her words. Her hand was on the knob of the door and she was backing out of the room.

“No stay, we both apologize, that was unprofessional.” Ben said looking into her eyes and he could see the hurt that was plastered in them.

“You were looking for me, you have something to ask.” Ben asked concerned.

“I’ll ask another time." Miranda said walking out of the door.

Ben felt horrible, yeah Miranda hurt him but he never wanted Miranda to see him with Kimberly that’s why he always did pda on the outside of the hospital.

“I’m sorry Ben for kissing you like that. I didn’t know she would come in i-

“It’s fine.” Ben said before looking at his watch.

“Oh shoot, I have a surgery to get to in 6 minutes. I’ll see you tonight.” Ben called out getting up from the door.

Miranda finished all her work. She was frustrated and was beyond agitated all day, even her Residents avoided her at all cost. Miranda grabbed her things to leave.

She put her purse on her arm and held her work bag in the other hand and then she walked to go get Tuck from the day care.

“Tuck.” Miranda called as he ran and hugged her legs.

“Ohhh hey, did you have a good day.” Miranda asked as she put his coat on. She threw his book bag over her shoulder and held his hands as they walked out of the hospital together. 

Miranda saw Ben once again. She inwardly groaned she was tired of seeing him for one day and to make it worse he was leaning against his car with his arms crossed. She saw that he was talking to Kimberly through her window as she sat in her car. Miranda shook her head and kept walking to her car. She held onto Tuck’s hand and she put her work bag and his book bag in side of the trunk.

“Ben!” She heard Tuck call. Miranda looked up at him.

“hey buddy.” Ben said enthusiastically.

“Tuck come back here, don’t run out into the street- Miranda started and cut off her own words as she saw a car speeding through the parking lot.

“A car!” Miranda screamed running to snatch her son out of the way.

She watched as the car slammed on breaks. Almost touching Miranda’s leg. Miranda looked up and saw that Tuck was safe inside of Ben’s arms.

Miranda had to stay still to maintain her breathing and calm down. She looked over at the car that was stopped in front of her. Miranda turned slowly on her heel to face the car.

“You ass hole. This is a hospital parking lot.” Miranda yelled and she kicked the man’s car.

“The speed limit is 15 miles per hour you incompetent, ignorant son of a “ Miranda said kicking his car at every word.

“Miranda stop.” Ben said as he watched her. His eyes moved from her to the man in the car, down to Tuck who looked to be crying.

The man got out the car and Ben snaked his arms around Miranda pulling her back from the assault on the man's vehicle.

Under different circumstances Ben would have appreciated having Miranda pressed against his body as his arms were around her waist, he quickly lost that thought when he heard the man yelling “my car, you crazy lady, you fucked up my car.”

“Better the car than your face, Miranda.” Blurted out, out of anger. 

“I ought to.

“What? What? “ Miranda yelled.

“Hey both of you stop.” Ben yelled commanding everyone’s attention. He even felt Tuck still in his arms and he no longer heard crying.

“Sir tomorrow I work from 7am to 7pm, come to the front desk tomorrow ask the woman for Dr. Benjamin Warren. I will meet with you and get all of this sorted out.” Ben said calmly.

He watched as the man walked away and back to his car.

Ben pulled Miranda and himself out of the way, so the man could leave. She was silent but he could feel her breathing hard and her heart racing. 

“Miranda everything is okay. Tuck is fine, you are fine.” Ben said slowly lifting her face to look up at him.
He could see the tears in her eyes. He used his free hand to wipe her tears.

“You’re okay.” Ben said searching her eyes.

Ben had the urge to kiss her, to comfort her. His eyes traveled from her lips to her eyes, before he leaned down. Miranda pushed up on her toes to meet his lips. Before they’re lips could touch, they jumped back, hearing his phone ring.

Miranda reached for Tuck and put him on her hip as he laid his head on her chest.

“Goodnight Ben.” Miranda said softly and Ben nodded his head to her silently telling her goodnight.

“Kim.” Ben said answering his phone.

“Sorry I got caught up. I’ll be on my way. Order for me, you know what I like.”

Miranda wanted to scream on the inside listening to him talk to her.

“Come on Tuck, let’s go home. You almost gave mommy a heart attack. You can’t run into the street like that.” Miranda said putting him into the car and buckling him in.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

20.4K 873 17
Miranda and Benjamin's life is turned upside when their parents arrange a marriage for them to close a business deal.
7.9K 319 6
Ben's work accident leaves him not remembering 9 years of his life.
795 23 8
By request my one shot He had it coming in short story form. Miranda stabbed Tucker like she talked about and Ben is her lawyer.
20.2K 654 24
Miranda reluctantly becomes friends with her new neighbor Ben. Though they become best friends, Ben is falling hard for her. Though she feels it too...