ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ | Z.C.L

By SimplyZeus

"ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜɴ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴛᴀʀᴛs ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ." ɢᴀɴɢ ᴀᴜ More

(1) 2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
2.23
2.25
2.26
2.27
2.28
2.29
2.30
2.31
2.32
2.33
2.34
2.35
2.36
2.37
2.38
2.39

2.24

923 45 8
By SimplyZeus

"Is he okay?" Maeri furrowed her brows, the worry in her grew more as she has heard of the news, talking to Sungchan on the phone.

Pacing around her small bedroom, the uneasiness never deceased as she bit on her nails anxiously.

"I'll have to see for myself. I'm pretty sure he's fine." Sungchan answered mindlessly.

This had her rolling her eyes. "Idiot, how can you be so sure? He was shot and who know where he was sh-" she was suddenly cut off by hearing a familiar voice on the other side of the line.

"Sungchan hyung?"

Maeri widened her eyes, coming to a halt in the middle of the room across her bed, blood running cold as she recognized who that voice belonged to.

"J-jisung-ah" she heard Sungchan mutter out.

The shuffling from the other side of the line was heard, supposing that the male took the phone away from his hear.

She didn't dare end the call.

For some reason, she felt like she had to listen what words the two had to exchange.

Or maybe she just missed hearing that voice of his.

"Did I interrupt something?" she heard Jisung ask.

Maeri felt her heart shatter into pieces once again.

The voice that once calmed her and made her feel like she was nowhere near danger  was now a voice that broke her heart in a million pieces.

The person whom she first ever fell in love with, first ever person to make her feel like there was a home that can be found in someone and the other half of her that was now just someone whom she passed by with a blink of an eye.

That heart in which she thought she had fixed but she just ended up destroying.

The person she didn't deserve at all, she thought.

Taking small breaths from her nose, quietly listening to what they were about to say.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Jisung asked the elder who stood across him.

Sungchan gulped the lump in his throat, adam's apple bobbing up and down as he kept eye contact with the boy.

A small gasp escapes his lips as he spoke up. "Oh, I was talking to my dad. He heard about what happened to Chenle. He was just checking in if he was fine." he awkwardly laughed, scratching the back of his head.

The younger looked over his shoulder at the door and back to the taller, nodding slowly but his eyes never left the phone that was pressed to the elder's ear- suspicion never deceasing. "He's okay, I've checked on him a while ago." assuring their new member of the other's whereabouts.

Sungchan nodded approvingly, another awkward laugh escaped his lips that vibrated through his body. "Thanks for letting me know." and with that, he took the phone away from his ear, immediately pressing on the end call button.

Maeri heard the beep and it slightly made her flinch, furrowing her brows as she took the phone away from her ear, staring down at the phone with a hurt expression on her face.

The pressure still weighing down on her chest, that enchanting and calming voice still running in her head like a record on replay.

It still didn't fail to make her heart flutter and have butterflies all over but yet it still broke her into a million pieces that were slowly turning into ashes.

In short, she was on the brink of numbness.

Maeriririri👿 sent you a message:
Meet me at your dad's house.
Now.

Sungchan read the message, immediately freshening himself up to meet up with his long time childhood friend at his father's house.

Taking the keys to his bike and grabbing a mask in the drawer of the bedside table.

He rushed out of his bedroom while typing on his phone, white sneakers pattered on the ground beneath him as he walked past Shotaro's bedroom and to the lift.

Sending himself down to the garage beside the shooting basement, he stuffed the phone in his pockets and immediately went off the lift.

Walking past the various models of vehicles parked by the gutters and spaces, the cabinet of where the different keys were placed by the nearest pole, carved names on each cube where the keys were situated.

But Sungchan really didn't have to take one, he had his keys with him always.

As he walked to his bike, an unfortunate timing had come up to him.

The odds weren't in their favor once again.

"Sungchan-ah." Taeyong called out, walking alongside him was Taeil, Doyoung and the person he didn't expect to come across at the moment, Jisung.

He turned his head looking at the elder who called him, raising his brows and turning on his heel to completely face them. "Oh, hyung." stuffing his hands in his pockets- confused why they weren't changed into more comfortable clothes.

"Where are you headed to?" Taeil asked the younger, brows raising in curiosity as a small smile grazed on his lips.

Sungchan blinked his eyes a few times, trying to come up with an excuse to avoid from saying he was going to meet up with Maeri at his father's house. "Uh, dad called me. He said to come over for a moment."

He felt his palms getting sweaty in his pockets, heart started beating rapidly when he felt anxious in a sudden blink of an eye.

Taeyong furrowed his brows. "He should've had me to call you if he wanted you over." eyes squinting at the younger in suspicion.

"Oh, I was on the phone with him earlier." he bit his lip habitually, not knowing why he waited for further questions.

"Oh, care to join us or you gonna have your own ride?" Doyoung invited, giving him a look of oblivion.

Jisung still had that weird suspicion growing for the elder, his eyes raked him up and down.

Sungchan declined the offer. "Uh..... I'm having my own ride. I'll see you there!" waving and turning on his heel as he immediately fished his phone out of his pockets in slight panic, scrolling and tapping on it while he headed to his bike.

Send message to Maeri👿:
We're in trouble.
Big time.

So uhm....... I'm back.

Shitty and short chapter. I know.

Haechan like being manhandled, I- whuttt do I do with this info???

Oh and my Haechan Punch era hair has made a comeback yeoreobun. lololol.

Hope u liked this chap. Love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 36 9
hi
137K 7.2K 66
➳𝙲𝙾𝙻𝙻𝙴𝙶𝙴 𝙰𝚄 ➳𝙼𝙴𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙸𝙳 𝙰𝚄 ➳"𝙼𝙰𝚈 𝙱𝙴 𝚆𝙴 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝙵𝚁𝙾𝙼 𝚃𝚆𝙾 𝙳𝙸𝙵𝙵𝙴𝚁𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳𝚂 𝙱𝚄𝚃 𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙸𝚂 𝙻𝙸�...
41.7K 1.2K 21
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴.𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦....
7.7K 441 33
🕸️"ʰᵒˡᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵗⁱᵍʰᵗ"🕸️