Zyczenia

By chttaim

[The Abandoned Empress Fanfiction] Year 965 of the Castina Imperial Calendar. 4 months have passed since the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Silver-haired Woman
Chapter 2: Back to the Past
Chapter 3: Realization
Chapter 4: A New Beginning
Chapter 5: Training
Chapter 6: Collapse
Chapter 7: Memories
Chapter 8:οΏΌ A Day in Winter
Chapter 9: Allendis de Verita
Chapter 10: Provocation
Chapter 11: Ruveliss' Coming of Age
Chapter 12: The Dance
Chapter 13: Speak Out
Chapter 15: First Breath of Freedom
Chapter 16: Deal
Chapter 17: Departure

Chapter 14: Break Off

509 25 6
By chttaim

"...I do not wish to become the crown princess, nor the future empress. I wish to succeed my family, your highness."

Hearing those words coming out of the silver-haired girl's lips, Ruveliss' eyes gradually narrowed , and could no longer control his expression. He raged, dumbfounded.

"...Why?"

The blue-haired grabbed Aristia's arms with both hands, clenching them angrily.

"...y-your highnes--!" Aristia cried out, trembling in fear.

"Why after all this time do you wish to succeed your family?! You're raised to be my fiancé since birth so why are you rebelling now? God sent you as my partner! Being the crown princess, no, future empress holds greater honor rather than just being a marquess! You know that! So why--"

"stop... it..."

"Wha-?"

"STOP IT!!!"

Ruveliss paused, the girl standing in front of him hysterically cried in fear. Her whole body trembling as she gradually lost consciousness.

"He-Hey!!" The blue-haired caught her as she was about to fall.

***

[A few minutes earlier; at the banquet hall]

"Hey, did you hear? Lady Monique said she doesn't want to be the crown princess!"

"What? Then are they breaking off the engagement?"

The event that happened a few minutes ago spread around like wildfire. All the nobles present were gossiping about Aristia and Ruveliss. Not to mention, House Rass and Verita, also heard about it.

"Ruth, what's going on?" Duke Rass approached Duke Verita, asking him about what he heard.

"I don't know," Duke Verita shook his head. "For now, let's go to his majesty, lady Aristia should be with him."

"Okay, let's go."

The two left to meet the emperor, leaving their families in the banquet hall. Carsein froze when he heard what happened. 

'The discussion of the breaking off of the crown prince and Aristia's engagement did happened in the past, but it was a rumor at that time! What happened?'

"Hey, carrot!" a familiar voice called out, Carsein turned his head and found a chartreuse-haired guy approaching him. "What happened here?"

"How should I know? You're asking the wrong person, you weed!"

"You were with Tia 15 minutes ago."

"What, you were watching? Sorry to say, but the crown prince took her away 5 minutes later."

"Forget it, do you have any idea where Tia is now?"

"Isn't she in the ceremony hall with the emperor and the prince?"

"The crown prince dragged her away."

".....wha?"

"....."

'The crown prince dragged her away? Where to? Isn't this dangerous? Knowing that temper of his...!'

"Ahhh, shit!"

The red-haired dashed out of the banquet hall immediately.

"Hey! Carrot! Where are you going?!"

Allendis followed him from behind, but in the end he couldn't keep up with the wild horse.

***

[Back to the garden]

"Move, my daughter's in there, right?"

"Marquess, his highness is currently speaking with her, so..."

Marquess Monique arrived at the palace just a few moments after the incident. Right after greeting emperor, he rushed to the garden to find his daughter, of course, people filled him in with what happened. The guards forbade him from entering the garden, as he expected.

"STOP IT!!!"

He heard a loud scream, his daughter's voice. Keirean rushed in immediately and ran to the source of the voice. Finding the unconcious Aristia in Ruveliss' arms.

"Tia!"

"Marquess!"

Keirean immediately lifted Aristia up and said, "Greetings, your highness, forgive me for my discourtesy. May I ask what happened?"

".....I'll explain later, for now, we should lie her down in bed. Guards! Lead the Marquess to the nearest available guest room! And call the doctor!"

"Y-Yes! This way, Marquess Monique."

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, your highness." The silver-haired man apologized, and followed the guards.

Ruveliss lifted his feet to follow, but his legs felt weak, and he fell.

"Are you alright, your highness???" Haren, his aide ran to him.

The blue-haired sat up and stared at his hands. They were trembling. He recalled Aristia's expression before she passed out. A very frightened expression, as if she was looking at a monster.

Ruveliss clenched his hand and gritted his teeth.

"Darn it!"

***

News that Aristia passed out spread among the nobles, the situation got out of hand and the party was ended early. 

The emperor, Duke Rass, Duke Verita, the crown prince, and Marquess Monique all gathered in the guest room Aristia is resting in.

"What happened, crown prince?" The emperor asked with a cold voice.

"I'm sorry, father. It was my mistake."

"Explain to me. Why did lady Aristia suddenly said it out loud that she doesn't want to be the crown princess? And what did you do to her to end up like this?"

"....."

"Crown Prince." The emperor called him out coldly, glaring at the blue-haired.

"I... was asking her why she was so afraid of me, but she did not answer. I forced her to answer me and she said that she doesn't want to be related to the royal family. I thought I misheard her and asked her to repeat, but she said it in a louder tone. Some of the nobles heard so I thought I should leave the place and talk with her in a quiet place. But I ended up frightening her. I'm sorry, Marquess."

Ruveliss gave a brief explanation and turned to Keirean to apologize.

"It's alright, your highness."

"Now then, what should we do?" Duke Verita asked. "The news of lady Aristia refusing to be the crown princess has already spread among the nobles."

"What are your thoughts, Marquess?" The emperor asked the silver-haired man sitting beside the bed.

"....." He hesitated to answer. "Your majesty, if you would permit it, please break off the engagement between the prince and my daughter."

"Keirean!" Duke Rass exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, but it's just that... I don't want her to suffer anymore, she also said the same thing to you three years ago.  Don't you remember, your majesty?"

Ruveliss' eyes widened; 'She said the same thing three years ago?'

"She did say that..." The emperor responded.

"Born and raised as the crown prince's fiancee must've been a huge burden for her, unlike the other noble ladies who would spend their time on tea parties and social circles, Tia spent more time studying to be the crown princess. Sometimes I really feel sorry for her."

"....."

"She probably also learned sword fighting because of that reason, and here I thought that she wants to improve her stamina by training." Keirean stared at his daughter with a sad gaze

".....If that's what she really wants, then I have no choice..."

"Your majesty..." Duke Verita softly said.

"I'll....break off the engagement."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 568 23
Aristia La Monique was the almost empress and once queen of the empire. She was in love with her husband, who hated her. Being cold and dismissively...
59.7K 1.5K 14
(Discontinued) -β™•- Princess Elizabeth De Rass, the older sister of Carsein De Rass. She's also the former fiancΓ© to Anastacius De Alger Obelia befor...
198K 7.8K 38
A Remarried Empress Isekai Fanfiction where the FL gets Isekaid into The Remarried Empress.She decides to have fun with this phenomenon and ruin the...
62.8K 1.3K 39
Set after Aristia's public execution, A determined princess swore to avenge her best friend's death by investigating the former queen's accusation an...