Retrieving Love (Sequel to TB...

By CallMeImmi

She's the Bad Girl: Fierce and strong but with a soft side and a kind heart. He's the Good Boy: Smart and nic... More

Retrieving Love (Sequel to TBGATGB)
Retrieving Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
I'm So Sorry & Thank You
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
NOT AN UPDATE (sorry)
ONCE AGAIN NOT AN UPDATE (Sincere apologies)
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Quick Little Note
Final Chapter! (Finally...)
Final Note
NEW STORY

Chapter Eight

4.2K 168 9
By CallMeImmi

*Kade*

“Brandon Pierce!” I pull the phone away from my ear at Robin’s yell, waving my hand in James’s direction as he looks over at me confused as to what the muffled yell was.

I sigh and rub my eyes under my glasses, “Yes Robin, that is what I said.”

The man on the other end of the phone goes silent, all I can hear is his breathing, “Are you sure?” He says in a quiet tone, “Damn it Kaiden, are you sure?”

Robin’s voice gets louder when I take too long to respond. “There’s pictures Rob.” I say under my breath, looking out the window as James lights yet another cigarette. “He’s got someone James is searching for. He’s got Anna. He’d got the upper hand. I don’t know what to do Rob. It’s Brandon fucking Pierce.”

Yes because adding that word just made you feel better, I think to myself as I clench the metal device in my hands.

How had Tanner failed to mention that, how had Trevor not known?

“This changes things you know that right Kade?” Robin says in a quieter voice than before, “Come back, we can get a group to help us and,”

“Who Rob?” I interrupt with a snap, “Who would be insane enough to help us against a Pierce, no one would that’s who.”

“Come back Kaiden please, there’s nothing you and de Lamire can do, not just the two of you.”

I clench my eyes shut before relaxing completely and sitting down on the edge of the couch of the motel room we were in as James continues to flick through channels before settling on a motorbike race, something’s never change I can’t help but think remembering all the times James and I used to fix motorbikes when we were younger.

“We’ll think of something Rob, but I can’t come home. But I do need your help, please.” I add at the end, remembering how I’d offended him by not letting him come with me.

I hear the man sigh and wait a few seconds before he responds, “What do you need?”

“Land owned by the Pierce’s around here. Message me where they live, where they hang out, we need somewhere to start.” I say still sitting on the edge of the seat.

If he said no, James and I wouldn’t have a back plan.

“Give me an hour, perhaps two, and I’ll back to you.” Robin finally says and I let out the breath I hadn’t realised I was holding, leaning back in the seat, flashing a thumbs up at James as he looks over at me.

“Thank you Rob, thank you so much.”

“Sit tight buddy.” Is what he leaves me with before swiftly hanging up.

As I drop the cell phone into my lap I can’t help but let my mind wonder back to the last time Robin had told me to ‘sit tight buddy’, I’d been 16.

“It’s bullshit!” I growl throwing a strong swing at the black punching bag that was swinging on it’s chain. “’I’m sorry kid but you can’t fight.’” I mimic the man who’d said those words to me in a rather unattractive matter.

I didn’t miss the snort that left Robin’s lips as he leaned against the wall and watched as I pretty much just over worked myself.

“A few months Kaiden, a few months and you’ll be beating their asses.” He assures me as he turns to look up at the clock on the gym wall. “Go shower, I’ve still got to drive you home.”

I roll my eyes at his words but nonetheless after throwing one last punch at the bag I step back, removing the gloves from my hands, chucking them at Robin who had his hands outstretched for them.

As I turn away to walk into the change rooms I don’t miss Robin reminding me, “Don’t take too long!” like usual.

After showering and putting my jeans on I can’t help but stare at the viper tattoo on my arm. Robin’s friend had done a good job and asked no questions about age, which Rob had predicted, but still I’d been terrified to get it, but it was worth it completely.

“Mathis! You out?” Robin knocks on the door, being too lazy to actually come in and see that I was in fact standing there.

I let a laugh escape my lips before responding, “In a second.” I call as I pull a white tank out of my bag pulling that on before pulling a black jumper over the top.

I go through everything searching for my glasses, that didn’t seem to be in my bag.

“Looking for these kid?” I just stop myself from jumping at the deep male voice that came from right beside me.

How had I not heard him come in?

I zipped my bag closed and stood up tall, despite only being sixteen I was still almost the exact same height as the buff man who stood before me, but I certainly wasn’t as muscled. Something I tried to ignore.

I allow my eyes to leave his face and glance at his hand where he was holding my glasses, probably my first mistake to be honest.

Why was it a mistake? Because I wasn’t paying attention to his other hand, which happened to grab me by the back of the jumper and yank me back, ultimately choking me on the material for a few seconds before loosening his grip.

“What are you doing in my gym kid?” He spits at my face, his face close enough that I could smell his breath, which annoyingly reeked of onions and mustard.

When I don’t respond he gives me a shake.

“You deaf kid? I said what are you doing,”

“Mr Pierce,” I hear Robin before I see him as he interrupts the man, “He’s with me.”

‘Mr Pierce’ looks over his shoulder at Robin who pushes his, at that time, long brown hair off of his face, before just letting me drop.

Something I wasn’t expecting and couldn’t get my footing in time and end up sitting on the floor, my glasses get thrown on my stomach as I’m still down and I immediately put them on before pushing myself off the floor so I was standing.

However I was no longer being paid attention to as Mr Pierce’s attention was now on Robin.

“Was that necessary Jarvis?” Robin sighs glancing at me briefly before turning back to the man.

“You know the rules Jones, no kids under fifteen.” Jarvis Pierce grumbles and I feel my hands automatically clench.

I watch as Robin tilts his head slightly, “Good thing he’s sixteen then, come on Kaiden.” Robin’s eyes turn to me as I pick up my bag and head over to Robin, having to wait for Jarvis Pierce to move before I could get out.

The man turns to me and gives me a look over, “You could be a good fighter,” He surprises me by saying in a gruff voice, “But only if you push your personal problems out of your head, they’ll only make you lose. Have a good night boys.” He adds before pushing past Robin and walking out the change rooms.

Robin makes a sound of approval which has me raising an eyebrow at him, “He was watching you.” He states, “Good job. Come on, lets go.”

“Why’s that good?” I can’t help but question as we walk out the change room.

Robin doesn’t answer right away as we leave the gym and walk down the street where the car was parked. He doesn’t answer as we make the twenty minute drive to my new house, we’d gone to a gym that was just on the outskirts of town.

“Keep going to that gym,” Is the first thing Robin says to me as I pulls over on the side of the road just outside the two story house.

No car, she wasn’t home yet.

“Why?” I question, getting annoyed at the lack of answers I was currently getting.

Robin turns to look at me as I sit there with my hand on the door handle prepared to get out, he flashes me a reassuring smile and claps me on the shoulder, “Sit tight buddy.”    

In that scenario when I was younger I realised that Robin had known that Jarvis Pierce had taken an interest in me.

He’d known that I’d be able to fight.

He’d known that Jarvis would train me.

Shape me into the fighter I am now.

But now? I don’t know what to expect.

Wait.

Jarvis Pierce.

Pierce.

Brandon Pierce.

My eyes widen a few seconds later, “James?” I call, capturing the black haired boys attention as he mutes the TV and looks over his shoulder at me, “Jarvis Pierce, how is he related to Brandon Pierce?”

James frowns slightly, whether at my question or in thought I wouldn’t know until he responded a few seconds later, turns out it was both, “Jarvis Pierce,” He repeats the name, “I think he’s Brandon Pierce’s uncle, why?”

“I need a motorbike and now.” I realise standing up, shoving my phone in my pocket. “I’m going to try and get one, I’ll be a few hours, just stay here, I’ll tell Rob to call you if he gets anything, but there’s something I need to do.”

“Kaiden, explain please.” James sighs standing up as well and towers over me. “Why?”

“Jarvis trained me when I was sixteen, hell James he still trains me. Just trust me, I know you have no reason to,” I start to rant after realising what I’d said.

He had absolutely no reason to trust me.

“I trust you Kaiden,” James interrupts running a hand through his hair, “Call me if shit gets bad.”

I flash a cheeky grin at James, deciding the mood needed to be lifted, “Oh I’ll call you baby.” I say with a laugh as I open the front door.

James stays silent for a few moments before laughing at my words and probably the same memory that filled my head had filled his. “Be careful brother.” Is the last thing I hear him say as I shut the door.

Sit tight buddy.

It had to have another meaning, and if I were right then Jarvis was where I needed to go, but if I was wrong then I would be setting myself back at least a day.

I’d never misread something Robin said before.

I wasn’t going to now.

And with that I go down to the ground floor, go to reception and ask where I can get a motorbike from at this time of the evening.

*A/N Little bit longer than the last chapter but still a bit better. Yeah so I just wrote this entire chapter in an hour and a half :/ Sorry if it's shit and yeah. 

Where's Kade gonna go :O What's his plan? Actually that's probably really obvious what he's gonna do xD

Hope you's all like it, I'll try to update as soon as I can. It might take a while cause Anna's chapters are proving difficult to write aha.

If you haven't go check out my new story, The Player and The Played: Kyle's Game [#1]

Synopsis & Link: http://www.wattpad.com/story/27803344-the-player-and-the-played-kyle%27s-game-1

*I never knew about the game. But I should've seen it coming. I just didn't expect that from him.*

I'll pick the girl on the first say of school.
First, befriend her.
Second, romance her.
Third, commence the three F's.
Forth, the 'L' word.
Good luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

832K 20.7K 41
Previously called, "The Fighter and the Bad boy" In a world where the wealthy lead and the poor struggle to fend for themselves, but is everything ho...
424K 10.2K 22
He's a gang leader, and also the schools bad boy. She's a fighter. She's the toughest girl in the school. What happens when he needs to be taught a c...
213K 9.9K 35
Wren had thought that she was doing everything right. She had the right career path, the right boyfriend, the right friends. She did everything that...
115K 3.6K 36
❝Sometimes, you break the things you love,❞ She took a breath, hesitant to complete her sentence knowing the painful expression that would cross his...