The Secluding of Eve

By angelheaven101

What would you do if someone offered you the chance to be a spy? That would mean leaving your family, friends... More

Prolouge
Ch. 1-Bond Prep
Ch. 2-Friends
Ch. 3-Enemies
Ch. 4-Flowers
Ch. 5-Ms. Kimi
Ch. 6-Frost551
Ch. 7- Cage3219
Ch. 8-Before j45t990
Ch. 9-j45t990
Ch. 11-Fight
Ch. 12 Recovery
Ch. 13-Jared
Ch. 14-Goodbye Daddy
Ch. 15-Mrs. Moore
Ch.16-CPR
Ch. 17-Returns
Ch. 18-plans
Ch. 19-Ball
Ch. 20-Eve
Ch. 21-Green light
Ch. 22-Scrapbooks

Ch. 10-Harvey

2.9K 30 10
By angelheaven101

Hey guys! I'm writing this early in the morning (shocker I know) so if my brain isn't connecting my hands to the words I'm thinking, sorry in advance. I usually type late into the night. I'm also at school and they're making me type *softly*. Ugh....I hate softly things unless it's something I can snuggle with. Enjoy!

*************************

I woke up early to get dressed before Jinx. When she wakes up the first thing I hear is her radio. I missed Fran's silence. I sighed and remembered that I have to call her Grace at all times. I can't mess up this mission. I walked out of the bathroom to find Jinx snoring so I put on my silver spider ring and walked out of the room.

Ms. Kimi gave me a few items to help with my image and I was grateful. I had dark make up on and a black chocker with rhinestones around the front. My grey uniform wasn't so bad but I could already tell that Jinx hated it. I just wished that I could take all this make up of and put on my chap stick.

"Don't embarrass me." Ms. Jackson's words kept ringing through my mind. I needed this mission to be successful. If not, I would be out on the streets alone. There was no way I could go to Bridge for help. She was getting adopted by her friend's parents. I wonder how everything turned out for her.

While being lost down memory lane, someone touched my shoulder and I froze. "Sorry Ember. I didn't mean to scare you this much," someone said. I looked back and it was only Harvey. I sighed in relief and turned to face him. "I wasn't paying attention. What do you want," I asked.

Harvey smirked and said, "I want you to eat breakfast with me. I'm bored and everyone else is sleeping. That just leaves you and me." "I get what it means," I said with an eye roll and headed toward the cafeteria. "Not so fast," Harvey said and put his arm around my waist. "W-what," I asked. This was way too early in the morning for me.

"You're my new pet now. Doesn't an owner touch his pets for his pet's enjoyment," Harvey asked. "This is some kind of fetish for you," I said. "Call it what you want but I know what I want. Right now it's you," he said and led me toward the cafeteria. I didn't argue with Harvey and I got over how uncomfortable the situation was.

"I'm buying," Harvey said and picked up two stacks of pancakes. "Thanks," I mumbled as Harvey led me toward a table. Harvey pulled me close towards him and started to eat. "You can fight, right," Harvey asked between chews. "Yeah," I said before putting a piece of pancake in my mouth. Harvey finished chewing before saying, "Good. A lot of girls are going to go after you. Just a little warning and you're welcome."

I rolled my eyes and was almost finished eating when I noticed Harvey's eyes land on a girl. It wasn't just any girl though, it was Christina. I smirked a bit and finished eating. "So who's the pretty girl over there? I've heard a little bit about her. Isn't her name Kacy," I asked. "Christina," Harvey said a little too quickly. "Oh sorry. I get names mixed up sometimes. What time does class start," I asked.

Harvey looked down at me with a questionable expression. "You aren't...upset or anything," he asked. I knew he attracted jealous girls. If I seriously liked Harvey then I might have been jealous but I would never know because this is just a mission. "Not really. Does that bother you? I mean you were just looking at the girl," I said and stood up to throw my plate away. "Right," Harvey mumbled and followed me.

Harvey put his arm around me and I looked to the side just in time to see Christina giving me a glare filled with jealousy. "I'll take you to class. I think you're in all my classes," he said. "Great," I replied weakly but Harvey didn't seem fazed. When he reached his locker I noticed that mine was on the right side of his.

Wouldn't this seem too suspicious? "It's like I have you all to myself for twenty four hours. This is going to be fun," Harvey said. Why I was praying to get sick and not have to deal with him, I never knew. I walked to class with Harvey and our conversation wasn't boring. It wasn't what I would want to talk about normally either.  

"Well what about roller coasters," Harvey asked. Somehow our conversation turned to amusement park rides. "They scare me only because the thought of someone throwing up on me scares me," I said and that made Harvey laugh. "What about the spider ride that spins you up in the air. I rode it with Jinx and she almost had a heart attack," Harvey said and I started to laugh.

"I can't believe that! The hardcore Jinx I know would never do that," I said. "You're right I didn't. Harvey what lies are you spreading now," Jinx asked. I looked back and Kain was next to her. "It's too early in the morning for this. Class hasn't even started," Kain said as we all walked into the classroom. The teacher looked up at us and sighed.

"Why do the three of you always insist on coming to my class but ditch the others," the teacher said. She looked too young to be teaching here. "Come on Ms. Lilian. You know we love your class and wouldn't miss it for the world! In fact, we'll sit right up front like the good kids," Harvey said. "You heard him! Four move," Jinx said and suddenly the first four desks were empty.

Harvey sat on the edge closest to the door, I sat between Jinx and Harvey, and Kain sat on the other edge. "I hate the front. I can't my feet on the other kids' head," Kain said. "Just get over it. You're sitting next to me aren't you," Jinx asked and Kain grinned. "Whatever you say honey. I'll make sure to close this distance later," Kain said and Jinx rolled her eyes.

I looked over and Harvey was staring at me. "What," I asked. "You're not from around here are you? You have an American accent," he said. "I noticed that too," Jinx said suddenly jumping into the conversation. I took a deep breath and said, "My mom thought that it would help me," I said but I needed more time. "How," Kain asked.

I looked at my hands and the idea came to me. "To send me to America with my aunt for two years. I guess I calmed down a bit but I threw a wild party and my aunt sent me back. My mom wasn't happy so now I'm here," I said. "Oh well why didn't you just say that. I took a week trip to America during the summer. I had fun but we went to Louisiana and it was so hot down there," Jinx said.

"Lucky bloke. You have an international girl," Kain said and Jinx punched him in the arm."Class is starting now," the teacher said and I discovered that it was British history. That was great since I know nothing about British history. We had to answer problems out of the book and when I looked down, Harvey was already half done.

"You're smart," I said but it sounded more like a question. Harvey laughed and said, "Surprising I know. My dad's a politician. Kain's mom is a model and actress, and Jinx's family was just born with money." "Don't tell my family life Harvey or else I'll be forced to tell yours," Jinx said. "Yeah princess? What do you have on me," Harvey said. The teacher told us to settle down so Jinx just gave Harvey a warning glare.

When this class ended, the four of us left the room together. "Where now Harv's," Jinx asked. Harvey looked down at me and said, "Let the newbie decide." I cursed Harvey out in my mind and said, "To sightsee." It was more of a question than a statement and Kain whistled. "No school for you, Ember," he asked.

I guess I picked wrong. "Fine. Let's go sightsee around London. Any objections," Harvey asked. "We have to be back and get the science project instructions. That's the last class of the day though. If we don't get it, we fail the class and those were the teacher's words," Jinx said. "Alright we'll be back, mum. Let's just go have fun," Harvey said.

I thought we would run into some kind of problem but it was clear that Harvey, Jinx, and Kain had done this before. We rode the red London bus thing and it took my breath away. The sights were amazing but I had to contain my excitement. It would seem too out of character. We rode the bus to a place Kain knew and when I got off the bus I could help but letting out a low, "Whoa."

"First time being at a festival," Kain asked. I nodded and he laughed. "I should have guessed. Most of the elites find this for the lower and middle class," he said and looked around. Jinx started to walk away but Kain grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a quick kiss. "Told you I would close the distance," Kain said and Jinx blushed. "Let's go! I'm ready to have fun," she said and dragged Kain away. I looked back and Harvey smirked. "I guess you're alone with me again," he said.

"Will they be okay," I asked. "You're the one who should be asking yourself that," Harvey said and grabbed my hand. We ran around and ate lots of different foods. I found myself laughing most of the time and Harvey even convinced me to get on a rollercoaster. We went on rides that made our heads spin and made us scream our tonsils out.

When I stepped of the third rollercoaster ride, I was exhausted. "What time is it," I asked. Harvey looked at his watch and cursed. "We need to go now. Maybe we'll make it," he said and grabbed my hand. We ran toward the bus and when we reached the classroom door, Harvey put his foot in the gap before the teacher could close it. "Nice timing Mr. Turner," the teacher grumbled. I could tell that he was the type of teacher who wanted kids to fail.

It was either that or someone messed with his morning coffee.  "A guy can only try," Harvey said and pushed me through the door before he stepped through. The teacher closed it quickly and locked the door. "Today in class I will be handing out your projects. You must work in groups of two and if you don't complete it, you will fail," the teacher said. Harvey and I took a seat near Jinx and Kain. "I told you two to be here on time," Jinx said.

"We made it didn't we," Harvey said and flashed me a grin. I started to giggle and the teacher gave me an intimidating stare. "Hates his job, hates his wife, hates his son because the wife had an affair, and loves his daughter. If you had all that going on wouldn't you be mad," Harvey asked and then I felt bad for the teacher.

"It's a blessing that he hasn't committed suicide yet," I said and started to pay attention. When class ended I was kind of depressed. "Don't worry. There's a party tonight so I won't be gone for long. Be a good girl," Harvey said and ruffled my hair. Then the depression went away. "Whatever. I'm probably going to explore. If you don't see me, I'm probably not dead," I said and walked away.

I could hear the three talking about me but that didn't stop me from walking away. I turned the corner and someone put a hand over my mouth. I wanted to scream but the person pulled me into a classroom. "Shut up before we get caught," the person holding me hissed in my ear. I nodded and when I was released it was only Kacy.

"What's your name again," I asked. "It's um...," Kacy trailed off and looked at her arm. "Lexie Clarke," Kacy said and I nodded. "What do you want, 'Lexie'," I asked while over exaggerating her name. "I wanted to know how you're doing with Harvey. Christina hates him and she hates all of his pets including you. She seems really possessive so I was wondering if Harvey dropped any hints that they used to be an item," Lexie said.

"No. In fact we just came from a fair. The only sign that he even knew Christina was that I caught him looking at her in the cafeteria. He also corrected me when I got her name wrong. He doesn't seem to be that interested in anything," I said and Lexie pointed her finger at me. "I am this close to figuring out what those two had between each other. You and I have to work together. We need to get them to bump into each other and see their reactions for ourselves," Lexie said.

I nodded and Lexie turned toward the window. "That's Christina below talking to her sister Scarlett. Liam figured out that one of Christina's cousins is on the track team. Riley and Ruby are working their way in nicely. Christina told me that her parents are planning on having a party to celebrate her sixteenth birthday. We need to go to that also. I haven't figured out the killer's motive," Lexie said.

"It couldn't be for more money because most of the people here are rich. Also a killer looking for money wouldn't kill her. A trade would take place," I said and Lexie nodded. "It also can't be someone who hates her father. Liam is doing background checks on all the students just to make sure though. It could be an old boyfriend," Lexie said while stressing on the word boyfriend.

"Is that what everyone thinks? He seems harmless to me," I said. "It doesn't matter how it seems. Find out the truth, Emma," Lexie said. "It's Ember. I changed it," I said and Lexie nodded. "This talk never happened, Ember," she said and walked out of the room. I looked out the window and saw Grace run toward Scarlett. Grace was doing sign language and then Scarlett laughed.

I wonder how Grace is making out. I hope no one was bullying her. I sighed before walking out of the room. I walked down the halls that were mostly empty and concentrated on my thoughts. I need to read that letter. I need to rip it up after I read it so that I don't jeopardize the mission. I walked toward my room and heard kissing sounds inside.

I swallowed the bile threatening to spill and walked into the room. Kain didn't have a shirt or pair of pants on and Jinx only had her shirt on. My purse was in the closet so I needed a distraction. "Why aren't you two getting ready for the party? Isn't it in twenty minutes," I asked. Kain pulled back and looked at the clock.

Kain cursed before saying, "You're right. We'll finish this later, Jinx." Kain kissed Jinx's lips quickly before putting his clothes on and leaving. "That is all man wrapped in an innocent boy's body," Jinx said before licking her lips. I sat on the bed and laid back. I needed Jinx out of the room. "What are you going to wear," I asked. "That's a good question. What about boots," Jinx asked. We had a short conversation about clothes before Jinx locked herself in the bathroom to get ready.

I quietly retrieved my purse and took out the letter. I decided to put the purse in the bottom of my schoolbag from now on and walked toward the door. "I'll be at the party later. Don't get too drunk," I said and ran out. I didn't know where to go except for the girls' bathroom.

I made sure no one was inside, and quickly sat in a stall. The smell of pine sol instantly washed over me as I opened the letter slowly. I don't know why I was so nervous. It was just a piece of paper with ink scribbled everywhere.

I froze as I held up the folded letter. Alexi scribbled his signature "xi" on the back of the letter. He always does that so that I know if I need to burn the letter after reading it. I took a deep breath and unfolded the letter. I held back tears as I began to read.

Eve,

    Sorry for leaving but this is partially your fault. I told you that school was a waste of time. I don't have a lot of time but hopefully Uncle took care of your personal needs. You know me well enough to guess that I'm in an old country. I want you to think very old. I'm seeing my grandmother's gang. News hasn't been the best there. Look for my signs if you can use the wright brain.

Hopefull we can be a team again,

   Xi.

I re-read the letter over and over again before ripping it to pieces. I was in tears as I flushed some of the letter down the toilet. This was just typical Alexi. How could he leave me so confused about everything I stood for when he wasn't even here? I took a deep breath and was about to walk out but a few girls walked in. I held my breath as they burst out in laughter.

"Can you believe that mute girl," one of the girls said. "Yeah! I bet she thinks that she can actually draw! Then again Scarlett said she had good taste," another girl said. "Scarlett wouldn't know great taste if her mum's best soup burned her tongue," another girl said and I clenched my fists. They were talking about Grace.

"I'm just glad Grace got what she deserved. I saw her talking to Liam and he is so out of her league. I saw her run into the art closet to cry," another girl said. The other girls agreed and walked out of the restroom. I waited two minutes before coming out of the stall. I threw some of the letter pieces into the trash and walked out of the restroom. I put the remaining pieces of the letter in my pocket to dispose of later.

I headed toward the art room and heard sobs when I opened the door. I locked it behind me and headed toward the closet. "Grace it's me, Emma," I said and opened the door slightly. Grace had tears running down her cheeks and I pulled her up. "Grace, can you tell me what happened," I asked and Grace shook her head no.

I pulled Grace into a hug and tried to comfort her. "Did you blow your cover," I asked and she shook her head no. "Did someone bully you," I asked and she nodded yes. "Did they hit you or just tell you things," I asked and Grace pulled back to rise up her shirt. There was a purple bruise on her stomach. I clenched my fists when I saw the bruise and gave Grace a serious look.

"Stay in your role. If something else happens, let me know first. I'll take care of them," I said and Grace pulled me into a hug and continued to cry. I pulled back when there was a knock on the door. I looked over and Liam was standing impatiently by the door. When I let him in, he cut the light. Luckily the window was open so we could see.

"What happened? I heard a few girls talking about how they took care of Grace for me," Liam said and Grace took a few steps back. "I heard the same thing. Apparently the girls gave Grace a nasty bruise. What kind of jerk do you have to pretend to be," I asked and Liam made his way toward Grace. "Don't," Grace said and pressed her back on the wall.

If Liam was taken aback by Grace's words, I was in shock. Liam stopped walking and stuttered, "W-why?" Grace trembled and said, "It hurts to see you. Just...don't care about me." Grace had tears in her eyes and I took a few steps closer. "Grace we're your friends. We would never try to hurt you. Right Liam," I asked and looked at Liam. His head was down and he wasn't replying.

"Right Liam," I said through my teeth and Liam cursed. "What do you want me to say Emma? Tell her that everything's going to be the same when the mission is over? It won't be and you know that! We're already changing! Look at you," he said and I glared at him. "What do you mean? I haven't changed," I said and Liam shook his head.

"Not yet but you will. It's already starting Emma, I mean Ember. That's what you go by now right," he asked and I nodded. I looked at Grace and she was sobbing. "You better tell her something! I thought you two were best friends! Are you going to throw that away because of one mission," I asked and Liam looked at Grace. "Ember you weren't there. You don't know what I had to do," he said softly. There was regret in Liam's eyes but I wouldn't leave him alone. "Well than apologize," I said and crossed my hands over my chest.

Liam started at Grace and said, "Grace...I'm so sorry. I mean it but I know you won't believe me." Grace walked up to Liam and before I could blink, she slapped him. Liam's head was turned to the side and Grace gave Liam a hug. "I hate you," she whispered and Liam hugged her back. "I know. I'm sorry," he said and I headed for the door.

"Don't get caught. Remember the mission," I said and left the room. I sighed and felt alone. I could handle everyone's problems but my own. Why was that? I needed to figure out what Alexi's letter meant also. All those riddles were swirling through my mind. If only I had time to myself. I bumped into someone and feel on my leg. "Are you okay, pet," Harvey said.

"I would be but you keep bumping into me," I snapped and tried to stand up. I winced in pain and fell into Harvey's arms. I cursed and looked up at Harvey who was laughing. "Looks like you need me pet. Lean on me," he said and I blew out air in annoyance. "I would never do such a thing. I can help myself," I said.

"How is that? Will you crawl up the stairs and through the halls to your room," Harvey asked amused. I was really tempted to do just that but we were attracting a small crowd. "What are you looking at?! Get a life," I said and the people started to mind their own business. Against my will, Harvey picked me up bridal styled.

"I think I made a good choice as making you my new pet. Cooperate and I might reward you," Harvey said as he started walking through the halls. "What reward," I asked and Harvey grinned. "What would you like pet? A new collar," he asked and I rolled my eyes. "I think I'm just a nasty fetish of yours," I said and Harvey grinned.

"Perhaps. In any case, tell me more about you. What's your favorite color," he asked. "Silver," I said automatically. "Mine is orange," Harvey said and I laughed. "I never thought of you as an orange guy. Maybe green but definitely not orange," I said and Harvey laughed with me. His favorite food was his nanny's chicken soup, he had an orange cat named Oscar at his house, and that he was an only child.

"I bet...that you have a secret collection of something," Harvey said. "Oh yeah? What," I asked as we walked into my room. Harvey laid me on my bed before crawling next to me. "Barbie's? Teddy Bears? Lollipops," he asked and I couldn't stop laughing. "Do I look like that kind of girl," I asked and Harvey laughed with me.

"I guess not," he said and turned to face me. It was then that I noticed how close we were to each other. "I know that there's something about you though," he whispered and I held my breath. Could Harvey see right through me? I doubted it but the insecurity was still there. "Your grey eyes are pretty," he whispered and I nodded.

Harvey leaned in closer to me so that our noses were touching. "W-what," I asked and Harvey looked at my lips. "Can I," he asked. "I didn't think you were the asking type," I said truthfully. Harvey's lips turned upward and he said, "I usually don't." I was about to close the distance between us but someone came into the room. "Hey guys," Jinx said and I pushed myself away from Harvey.

"Hey," I said at the same time as Harvey. "I told you I heard something," Kain said while sitting on Jinx's bed. "I don't care what you thought Kain. Harvey did you hear about that quiet girl who got beat up," Jinx said. I sighed and sat up. "Who," I asked already knowing who they were talking about. "Some new girl. Jamie I think," Kain said. "It was Grace, idiot. I heard that she was beat up pretty bad and went to cry in the art room," Jinx said.

"You're going to stop calling me that," Kain said while pulling Jinx on her bed. "So what? Kids get beat up every day? Just because I wasn't involved in this one doesn't make a difference," Harvey said. "I feel a little bad for her. I just don't know why," I said. "Aww. That's sweet. My toy has a heart," Harvey said before pulling me into a hug against his chest.

"Lovey dovey couple can I have your attention," Jinx asked. I looked at an angry Jinx and she cleared her throat. "There's a party coming up and my mom is forcing me to go. She says I have to dress up and everything. Are you guys going," Jinx asked. "Depends. Who's having the party," Harvey asked. "The Brown's. Christina and Scarlett's family. They have money crawling out of their ears so it should be interesting," Jinx said.

"Well I'm in," I said and Kain nodded in agreement. "Well if pet's going, I'll go. See what I do for you," Harvey asked. I looked into Harvey's eyes and there was a mischievous glint. I didn't know what would happen but I was excited to find out.

********************

The end of this chapter! LOL! It might be a bit on the short side so I apologize! I hope you enjoyed it though!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

154K 4.1K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...
1.1M 47.2K 39
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* You could say that a lot has happened t...
1.1K 183 23
What would you do if you were married for 30 years and on your 30th wedding anniversary your husband up and leaves? He never gave you a reason as to...
730 24 9
''You are drowned in this illusion of a 'perfect life'. Are you sure this life is even bearable?'' Nova Breeze is an investigator at a big firm where...