it's you all along | rosekook

By euphoricninja

[on-hold] we are just strangers with good old memories. a rosekook story | semi-social media au More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

thirty

1.1K 61 7
By euphoricninja

thirty

~~~~

Chaeyoung looked at her watch, and there's still 15 minutes before the class ends. She is anxious whether to continue to go and meet jungkook or ditch and reason out to cancel.

"Chaeyoung, Please go to the faculty meeting room after this class to meet Prof. Jung." Chaeyoung nodded, "Yes mam."

She looked at the window thinking if this is a sign or not. She let out of a big sigh as her professor ended their class.

She stood up and went to the faculty room, meeting Jaehyun who just arrived.

"Hi Chae!" Jaehyun greeted smile radiating his face.

Chae greeted him back, "Hi Jae, you don't have a class?"

"Prof. Kim is absent so last class is cancelled." He explained, opening the door to faculty room leading Chaeyoung first before him.

"That's why he was not in our first class, I heard he is in HU for a seminar." She said to Jaehyun who was walking beside her.

"Yeah, he said it is for the collaboration." Jaehyun added as they arrived the meeting room inside the faculty room.

Jaehyun and Chaeyoung bowed as they greeted the professor waiting for them.

"Oh, you two...hello, please take a sit." Prof. Jung said to the two.

As the two was settled on their seats, Prof. Jung gave them 2 folders. As they checked it, they saw the title making them feel confused. "SU X HU: PROJECT SHARE"

Chaeyoung read it aloud. "What's this for, Prof. Jung?"

"The university decided to help out HU for their first senior gala. The students pleaded the school and their SG to make one when they saw our preparations and teasers, and their university president decided to make one. We will be sending you two to HU two days from now for their first meeting to help them out." The nodded their heads as they read the outline given to them.

When their professor was done giving some instructions they bid their goodbyes to leave.

"Chae, your class ended right?" Jaehyun asked as the two of them walked side by side.

Chaeyoung smiled, "Yes, why?"

Jaehyun looked at Chaeyoung and asked, "Want to grab some foods?"

Chaeyoung's eyes lit up at the mention of the food but she remembered her biggest problem, Jungkook.

"I would love to, but I have a plan with someone today." Chaeyoung politely declined.

"Then, I'll treat you next time then, after our Gala! We both deserve a great meal." Jaehyun expressed his excitement

"Sure! You know I will not say NO to food." Chaeyoung lightly chuckled.

Jaehyun had to go to the parking lot for his car so he just said good bye to Chaeyoung as they walked different path.

——

Chaeyoung walked to the gate looking at her watch. She was 10 minutes late because of the meeting.

She looked around the gate when she reached and hoping Jungkook was not there waiting. She was wrong, he was waiting for her while leaning on his black car.

She walked towards him and shyly greeted, "Hey."

Jungkook glanced up and saw the girl he was waiting. "Chae!" He said enthusiastically

Chaeyoung's heart became crazy when he heard him call her name. It's been almost 3 years or more.

"Hey, Jungkook. Sorry, I was late." Chaeyoung apologized.

Jungkook actually felt anxious when Chaeyoung didn't showed up on time. He felt he was ghosted or she didn't want to see him but he waited for her patiently.

"No, it's okay. I just arrived." Jungkook lied giving her assured smile. He was actually there since 2 o'clock.

"Ohh.. Okay... so where should we go?" Chaeyoung bravely asked trying to break the awkwardness building up.

Jungkook opened the car door for her, as the two of them settled in the car he answered her, "You'll know later. It's a surprise."

Chaeyoung lightly chuckled as she wore her seatbelt, "What a mystery."

Jungkook's heart became calm after hearing her chuckle, at least they are moving slowly.

"It's a special place so it's better for you not to know and be excited later when you see it." He explained starting the engine before driving off the road.

"I will look forward for it then." Chaeyoung answered.

——

The drive went smoothly... they exchanged some short conversations about their college life and such. The mood was alright and there are no awkwardness as if 3 years of not talking didn't happen.

Chaeyoung's eyes widen in shocked and excitement as she saw their old Highschool's gate. "Are we going inside?"

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah... I just feel like visiting our old school."

"Great!!! I haven't visited since 3 years ago." Chaeyoung excitedly said her hands clasped together as they entered the school making Jungkook chuckle at her cuteness.

As they arrived the parking lot, Chaeyoung went out of the car immediately and took a quick glance of the whole school.

"It is still beautiful." Chaeyoung said as if memories came flashing back at her.

"Yes. It is still beautiful like it used to." Jungkook added as he stood beside Chaeyoung who was admiring the school's view.

"Let's go?" He asked which the girl happily nodded.

The two of them went back to the memory lane as they went to each part of the school they used to study, play and hang out. There are some classes on going so they had to be careful while touring.

As they reached the small garden beside the tennis court, they took a seat in one of the benches below a tree. It was the place they used to hangout four with Chanyeol and Jihyo.

Jungkook offered her a bottled of water which Chaeyoung took with a simple smile and thank you.

"You remember this spot?" Jungkook started.

Chaeyoung nodded with her lips perking upward before it was replaced by sad smile. Jungkook saw it, and he too felt her sadness.

"I can still remember everything." Chaeyoung calmly said

"Me too." Jungkook said looking far

Chaeyoung looked at him and she saw the sadness in his eyes. She took the courage to pat his shoulder, which made Jungkook flinch but immediately soften when he saw it was Chaeyoung.

"I will be listening." her voice sounded really warm.

Jungkook looked at her eyes with warmth as he starts, "I know I ignored you guys. I was an asshole and selfish those years. My parents got divorced right after our graduation, I didn't want to bother you guys because I was ashamed of it."

It was the first time Chaeyoung heard all of this, her heart just clenched.

"Kook, there's nothing to be ashamed of that. It's we are that should be ashamed. You had a problem like that but none of us knew or tried to find about it." Chaeyoung said, her voice sounded sad and full of regret

Jungkook looked at her softly, assuring her, "You guys did not do wrong, it's my fault for not telling you guys."

Chaeyoung pats his back lightly, Let us forget about who's fault is it. I hope you are okay now."

Jungkook's lips perked up, "Yeah, don't worry! I'm doing great now."

Chaeyoung left out a smile, "I'm glad to hear that."

"how about uncle and aunt? How are they?" She asked cautiously remembering his parents. She was really close to both.

"They are doing good in their own lives. Both of them remarried. I visit both them if I have time." Jungkook casually answered.

"That's good. I kinda miss them, seriously. Both our parents are so close but my parents didn't knew about what happened since they went back to Australia after my graduation." Chaeyoung said reminiscing the past

"They missed you too, especially mom." He said as he stood up from his seat.

"I'll visit her if I can." Chaeyoung said giggling as she stands up.

"She would love it." Jungkook chuckled, "Do you remember Aunt Jinyoung?" He asked

Chaeyoung's eyes widen in excitement as she gasped, "Of course! She makes the best Japchae! Why? Are we going there now?" She asked excitedly

Jungkook chuckled as the girl jumped happily when he nodded.

"Then, let's go!" She said as she walked while naturally held on Jungkook's hand and pulled him.

Jungkook was taken a back with the action but it made him happier and relieved! This is how they were during highschool.

——

Chaeyoung didn't notice she was holding Jungkook's hand until they arrived at the restaurant. She blushed as she removed her hand, "Ohhh sorry, kook."

"No, it's okay." He chuckled

The two sat down on the far corner. He removed his jacket and gave it to Chaeyoung which she took confusedly.

"Put it to cover your skirt." He pointed.

Chaeyoung understood him. "Thanks." she smiled

A woman in her 60s came to their table for the orders when she saw Jungkook and recognized him, "Aigoo!! Jungkook! You are back after few months, brats!"

Jungkook chuckled, "yeah, halmoeni. I hope you are good."

"Aigoo... i'm old but i'm still strong." The old woman said, but her attention went to a beautiful girl sitting across of Jungkook.

"Who is this lovely girl?" She asked smiling at Chaeyoung, then looked at Jungkook, "Your girlfriend?"

Both of them blushed at the question, but Jungkook managed to answer "Halmeoni, it's Chaeyoung. Chaengie"

The woman's brows furrowed in shock, "Yah!! Is this really her? Aigoo!! You grew up pretty well." She said giving Chaeyoung a hug

Chaeyoung couldn't help but to giggle, "Thank you, Halmeoni. I missed you and your japchae."

"Aigoo!! I missed you too, I always ask Jungkook why he is the only one coming back here. He said you guys are busy."

Chaeyoung looked sadly at Jungkook and their eyes met. He just smiled at her.

Jungkook broke their eye contact and ordered, "Halmeoni, we will get 1 serving of japchae, 2 pork buns and 1 tonkatsu."

"It's been 3 years since I saw you. Aigoo... I'll give you extra portion!" The old woman said as she took their order and went to the kitchen

"You came here?" Chaeyoung curiously asked

He nodded, "Whenever I feel sad, I come here to eat. It's my comfort food."

Chaeyoung even felt sorry to Jungkook. This was the restaurant Jungkook, Chanyeol, Jihyo and her would always go to eat after school.

"You know what, I feel awful that you helped me when I was all alone here in Korea but then I could not help you when you need someone to lean on." Chaeyoung honestly said

"I told you, let's not talk about that anymore. I'm okay, I promise!" Jungkook assured her

"Chanyeol even hate you for your actions. You should tell him the truth too." She said making the boy nod.

"I will, don't worry." He said smiling.

After few minutes, their food arrived and they both started to talk and make new memories while eating.

——

~~~~
they met already after 30 chapters 😂😅💖💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 1.9K 13
Fate is be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way
18.2K 510 13
❝𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍❞ ʀᴏsᴇ́ᴋᴏᴏᴋ ғғ 𝖲𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍:: 𝖭𝗈𝗏 13 2020 𝖤𝗇𝖽::𝖥𝖾𝖻 13 2021 ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʀᴇsᴇʀ...
89.7K 2.6K 31
[A ROSEKOOK STORY] --------------- Hi I'm not gonna spoil the story for you so why won't you read it
5.4K 286 3
A rosekook oneshot where Chaeyoung has a breakdown and Jungkook comforts her