Redwoods; Sleepyboisinc angst

By ech0st

Techno is starting to feel lonely, Wilbur needs to get away from the city, Philza was going with his wife any... More

Please I'm lonely
Only 3 days
LAX for the Antisocial
Not messy, ✨lived in✨
Talking part 2: electric boogaloo
Flamingoes, frogs, and bees
Fallen Logs and Racing Rivers
Mental and Physical Crest
Omnomnaha
Big man in big bear what will he do
A tragic "success"
Lakes and Forests
Pastel-noblade, skirt-innit, emo-za, and e-bur
Food Court Dilemma
Adult party
A/N (sorry)
100 degrees (or 40 if you're not American)
Hi guys

A brilliant idea

6K 177 204
By ech0st

Hi! This was started and mostly written in 2020, the most fun year ever. I'm rewriting a lot, and updating the setting, so keep that in mind if you've read this before, ok? I'm not changing the end notes I originally wrote. Any new notes will be marked new and probably at the top. Might be adding a character too btw. :]

What does waking up mean to you? To Techno, it meant avoiding leaving dreamland as long as possible, reluctantly opening his eyes, and only doing enough moving to read more of his current book.

Actually, he didn't really consider that to be awake. He wasn't dressed, hadn't eaten and hadn't even slid incredibly gracefully off of his bed; so he hadn't woken up yet. But, close enough, right?

After reaching the end of the chapter, he figured he should actually get out of bed and make "waking up" official. First step was to move to a vaguely upright position. Next was to check his radio clock to see how loud it could blare music he liked.

4:00 pm

How dare it get so late, he hadn't been productive yet.

He got out of bed and caught a glimpse of himself in his mirror. Long pink hair was tangled into a curly mess that he dreaded brushing. His pig themed pajamas were twisted uncomfortably around his torso and his grey eyes showed how tired he still was. He looked away from the, in his opinion, less than lovely reflection.

He needed to be at least a little productive. It would be good for his mental health or something. He surveyed his room, wondering what the best possible way to get something done would be. He decided on putting clothes in the washing machine.

That would count as his 'I did something' for the day.

He reached down to pick up a shirt and throw it in the laundry but the bread pattern reminded him of breakfast. Okay, dinner. Close enough.

He tossed the shirt and headed to the kitchen. After putting toast in the toaster and grabbing some water he wandered to the bathroom. He determined he should brush his teeth and hair.

He was mid teeth brush when the toaster dinged. He finished up and started back to the kitchen but noticed the bathroom trash can was full. Better get that done.

After taking care of that he was successfully distracted and sat on his couch and watched YouTube. Only for a little bit though. He looked up at the clock to check.

10 pm

Oh. Woops. The toast was waiting and so were the clothes. He sighed and muttered, "I got the trash though, close enough."

———————

Tommy woke up in a much different way. First of all, it was raining. The clouds were dark grey outside his window and the sun was nowhere to be found. Second of all, he liked to leap up to get ready for the day. Even if it was only to play Minecraft.

He turned on his pc and logged into discord to see who was online. Ya know, to not be alone? Only Techno was awake. Made sense, it was 6:20 am for Tommy.

He wasn't going to disturb Techno, or anyone if he was being honest, so he decided to play Minecraft alone. It's so much quieter alone. Really, you know that feeling? When you realize no one else is in that whole world? You get the sense that no one is there to talk to and you're completely by yourself.

It's absurd to get sad thinking about that though. It should be peaceful! No need to front some energy he didn't have. It was honestly stupid to him. Of course you're by yourself, you're playing alone.

Tommy still felt a twinge of longing for anyone else at all to join him. He knew the answer and knew he still wouldn't ask anyone, but he checked who was online again anyways.

Techno still. Damn. He was just gonna have to suck it up. As if he actually thought this wasn't how it would turn up.

———————

Wilbur did not wake up at 6:00 am. That was for crazy people and Tommy to attempt. But, he didn't sleep until 4 as Techno had.

He woke up at the remarkably early time of 11 am. A true feat.

He was brushing his brown bushy hair and contemplating a plan for today. He wanted to go to a park but also needed content. Bills are not paid by parks, unless you own the park and charge admission fees. Wilbur was not born ridiculously rich, so he did not own a park. Thus, an important decision had to be made.

He didn't want to stream alone. It wasn't a, "Be alone, online, in front of thousands of people" kind a day. It was a cream jumper and red beanie kind of day, and as he sat at his gaming set up, he had a plan for the rest of the day. He would stream Among Us or something if his friends were down. If they weren't, he'd go to a park.

Smiling at his compromise he texted the discord chat to ask for players. While he waited for a response, he grabbed his guitar. He plucked out the tune of the new song he was working on, hoping if he did get a response he wouldn't hear it and could feign ignorance.

No response. It's been 20 minutes. Wilbur dramatically acted sad. What a shame, he's stuck going to the park. It was a little strange to pretend to himself, but he didn't care. That much. Today was going to be a peaceful day.

He entered the outside world and his good vibes washed away. It looked like smog in the air. It was probably just clouds, but it looked like smog. Air borne poison, and he was breathing it. He grounded himself and took a reluctant breath. Nothing like avoiding a panic attack to remind him of how much he hates the city.

Just focus on walking to the park. The park is nice. It's clean. He focused on the pavement as he picked up the speed and hurried to the natural sanctuary.

On the way to the park he came to a stone bridge. He paused, staring at the old crossing and avoiding using it. He hadn't thought out his path very well in his hurry. He hadn't meant to come this way. It never does any good to cross over the moss-covered planks soaked with final words. It's never good to look at the rushing water that carries broken souls downstream.

It's never any good, so he blinks back tears as he looks away. He pretends the wood isn't weathered with memories as he walks across. He pretends the water isn't a powerful abyss waiting to drown him with a no longer spoken name.  It's just small drops, and he can pretend he's protected by hydrophobic feathers.

Maybe he'll take a different walk back and drown out the no longer peaceful silence with some indie band.

——————

Philza had woken up three hours ago. He also went to sleep 6 hours ago, so he was exhausted. He planned for a short stream today to let himself get sleep later.

He checked discord to see a message from Wil. It was about streaming group games but a "nvm" followed it. It was two hours ago anyways.

The house was uncomfortably silent. Kristin was out grocery shopping, so he was spared the usual, "please fix your sleep schedule, just a little bit," and was greeted with bland quiet instead. She was right though and he knew it. His untimely unconsciousness was only slightly better than Techno, and that was saying very little. Besides, he'd rather hear her beautiful voice tell him off lovingly for hours than her be gone for hours.

He sighed and turned on his pc. Maybe he'd focus on his lore building for his hardcore world. Ask chat for some ideas? It was as good a plan as any, so he went live.

——————

Back in California, Techno sighed.

This is not a good way to live. Pizza from a day ago as a regular meal and the apartment a mess was definitely not healthy.

Techno quietly yelled at the ceiling and looked at the clock for the third time that night. He needed motivation, something to push him to fix up his apartment at least.

He looked over at his pc. If he had friends nearby who came over, it might be cleaner.

Well, maybe they didn't live nearby, but they were his friends. He could invite them to California for a meetup.

Wilbur would like the geography and national parks here. Philza could fish in real life. Tommy could try a taco and finally learn how to say the word correctly. That would be fun.

That would also be stressful.

It's one thing to talk to friends over discord, it's completely different having to see them face to face. What would they say? Would they judge his hair? He had actually dyed it pink and it was waist length. They would laugh, right? And his face! If they think he doesn't express emotion in his voice, wait till they see the unwavering stoicism of his face. He never had been very expressive.

He did want to see them though. Anxiety aside, he hadn't met them in real life and he'd known them for years.

He made up his mind to text them and ask to call. They probably wouldn't even be able to come but he could still ask.

——————
Eyyy that's all for today folks. I haven't written anything in years and I really missed this. I know it's super slow right now but I swear imma get better. Hope anyone who reads this has an amazing day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5.6K 97
I am making one shots. I can do requests check the request page. LOTS OF ANGST. READ ALL CHAPTER Triggers. Might not upload much but I have some I a...
20.7K 451 27
this book was meant to be me just giving up on writing but yk I had to turn it into a book lmao !TW!//SH/ED/ABUSE/ANXIETY/OVERTHINKING/PANIC ATTACKS...
544K 13.7K 81
Y/n is popular 16 year old streamer. What happened whens she gets a very special invite that could change her life forever. what happened when they...
4.9K 180 11
Word Count: 11,000 Dave Harrison, known otherwise as "Technoblade" or "Techno" is a 17 year old streamer struggling with his crippling mental healt...