FRESH AIR || Haikyuu!! X Read...

By caxsthetic

Different people, different mind. Starved to be loved and yet we couldn't do anything to make them love us. T... More

Be Mine? || Akaashi Keiji
Loving You || Oikawa Tooru
Gentle Affection || Sugawara Koushi
Intoxically Mine || Akaashi Keiji
Pleading Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Hopeful Eyes || Bokuto / Akaashi
Lovely Eyes || Akaashi Keiji
Behind Those Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Not Anymore || Kageyama Tobio
Homesick || Oikawa Tooru
Away From Home || Oikawa Tooru
Coming Home || Oikawa Tooru
Divided Heart || Nishinoya Yuu
Main Character || Tendou Satori
Lost to Pride || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Doubt || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Him || Miya Atsumu
Completely Lost || Miya Atsumu
Made a Way || Bokuto Koutarou
Grant her Wish || Kita Shinsuke
Leave Me || Sawamura Daichi
Love Me || Sugawara Koushi
Fluffy Comfort || Kozume Kenma
Drunken Cowboy || Miya Atsumu
Let it Brimmed || Tsukishima Kei
Balter || Tendou Satori
Need You Now || Kuroo Tetsurou
Stuck With U || Oikawa Tooru
Elegiac || Miya Atsumu
Caim || Kita Shinsuke
Anagapesis || Kuroo Tetsurou
Querencia || Oikawa Tooru
Saudade || Akaashi Keiji
Just Fine || Miya Osamu
Be Fine || Miya Osamu
Not Fine || Miya Osamu
Never Fine || Miya Osamu
Fine Line || Miya Osamu
Will You Be Fine? || Miya Osamu
I Am Fine || Miya Osamu
Who Needs Memories || Miya Osamu
Warm Up || Yaku Morisuke
With Hope || Miya Osamu
With Time || Kageyama Tobio
In the Rain || Miya Osamu
With Lie || Suna Rintarou
Agape || Iwaizumi Hajime
With Bond || Miya Atsumu
Let The Storm In || Kita Shinsuke
When The Storm Passed || Kita Shinsuke
Through The Storm || Kita Shinsuke
Compromise || Kita Shinsuke
The Dumb One || Miya Atsumu
Round and Round || Suna Rintarou
In Circle || Suna Rintarou
Right Back Home || Miya Atsumu
Contented Heart || Kita Shinsuke
When The Curtains Closed || Sakusa Kiyoomi
To Stay || Kita Shinsuke
To Love || Kita Shinsuke
The One || Miya Osamu
HC || Pampering Day
HC || First Christmas
Wedding Band || Kuroo Tetsurou
Golden || Miya Atsumu
Secluded Booth || Miya Osamu
Sleep The Night || Miya Atsumu
With Each Flaw || Hirugami Sachirou

Who Have You || Miya Osamu

3.8K 143 118
By caxsthetic

Pt. 2 of Epiphany Mini-Series

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"You know, if looks could kill, Suna would be dead by now."

Osamu jerked his head to the side, frowning when he saw the amused look on his twin brother's face. The setter is currently gulping down some water, it was break time after all. From that, he immediately smacked the back of the setter's head, resulting in his twin to spill all the water from his mouth, "F-fuck, Samu!"

"That's your fault for being an asshole." A little smirk tugged on the wing spiker's lips. Atsumu's eyebrows twitched immediately, and he threw the half-empty water bottle towards the grey-haired man.

"Shut up you-"

"Both of you act like children," Your voice rang in between their quarrels, making the poor twins jolt. "If Kita-san was here right now, he would be disappointed." Their shoulders slouched immediately, feeling guilty under your gaze.

"I am sorry,"

"We are sorry."

It's always like this, the two of them would become putty when the name of their ex-captain was being mentioned. As their manager, you acted like a substitute for Kita, making sure the whole team stayed intact.

Both of them stood side by side with their heads hanging low, ashamed of what they did. Even though it would happen again every day, you would always be there to remind them and give them an earful of a scold.

Osamu stole some glances towards you. You stood in front of them wearing the Inarizaki jacket and matching pants. Your eyes looked annoyed as you were now focused on the setter, lecturing him about how twin brothers were supposed to act around each other.

Your lips would be pursed into a frown every time Atsumu tried to talk back at you. It was a sight to behold because you were like one of the rare species who could tame the feral setter. Then there were your eyes, he was always so captivated by how it glimmered.

Your orbs were always filled with sensibility. There would always be something inside, either it was joy, sorrow, or rage. It could be anything, but never once it looked empty. Then your gaze laid on him, that's when he could feel his stomach flutter.

Something that always happened to him, but never once he recognised why.

"What's wrong with you?" You snapped your finger in front of his face, making him jolt as he realised the entire team was looking at him. "Are you sick? Can you hear me?"

If only he was Atsumu, maybe an immense blush would already adorn his face right now. He only swallowed down his saliva, eyes coming back at you before answering,

"I am alright," His answer was simple, but that's enough to make you feel relieved.

Two pairs of eyes never leave the interaction between the wing spiker and the manager. One pair eyeing them with an amused look, knowing for certain that one of them finally realised their feelings. While the other pair of eyes, staring down at them, orbs filled with jealousy.

"Why didn't he get a lecture?!" Atsumu scoffed, annoyed by the fact he was the only one who you scolded,

"Because I have known you all since the first year of high school," You put your hand on your hips while you stared at the whiny man. "And ninety-nine percent of it, the one who started the whole thing would be you, Miya Atsumu."

"Ah, the truth has been spoken." Osamu snickered at your remarks, he stole some glances at you, and dear god you looked so cute as you giggled. Though, the comment that he just said made the setter enraged,

"Oh come on, (Y/N)! You just love Samu that much to even get angry at him!"

By the time the sentence was fully out from Atsumu's lips, it felt like all the noise was sucked out from the gym. Everyone could even hear the pin drop, and Atsumu, oblivious from the impact of his words, glared at you with an intense gaze.

The entire team knew about it. About how their manager always has her eyes on the opposite wing spiker. But not even one dared to say anything, afraid that you would distance yourself for being too obvious. And at the same time, they were afraid that the one you set your heart on, didn't feel the same.

"I am not," Your voice was so low as you spit the words from your mouth. "Who said I love Osamu?"

The wing spiker felt like someone just knocked the air out of his lungs. He didn't know why he felt this way, it was just you. You were just a best friend that was always there for him, not like he ever thought about you more than that in his life, not even once.

So when the words were being spoken out loud, why did he feel like he wanted to run away?

You excused yourself after saying that, and his eyes could only trail on your figure, gulping down all the uncalled emotion that he felt towards you. And just like that, you were once again back in the accompaniment of Suna Rintarou.

"You good?" The pat on his back awoke him from the wild thought he was in. "What was that just now?" Atsumu followed the direction of his brother's gaze,

The setter was sure that you have romantic feelings towards the silver-haired man, it was so visible that everyone — but not Osamu apparently — knows about the feelings that you harbor. But for the first time, Atsumu was unsure. "Since when did she become Suna's whore?"

"Watch your mouth, dipshit." Osamu didn't like it one bit, there was a storm in his stomach, a mix of emotions, of rage. He despised how his twin brother called you names, but at the same time, he despised the fact that you laughed over something that the middle blocker said on your ear. It was like you were dating Suna, and he felt that it was supposed to be him who stood beside you and made you laugh.

After all, it was the two of you who always stick together, and it was something that he didn't want to change.

"What?" He is currently stirring the curry that he made, and he could feel your gaze at the back of his head. "Why are you staring at me? That's creepy."

"Well, sorry!" You pouted as you moved around on top of the stool you were sitting right now. "It's just, have you told Atsumu about it?" You whispered after looking around in case his twin brother was around.

From that sentence only, he knew what you were trying to tell him. You were the only person that he trusted, therefore, you knew every secret and every dream that he had. Including the one that could possibly waver his relationship with the setter.

"Not yet," His answer made you sigh as you knew that the sooner he told his twin brother about it, the better Atsumu would handle the news. "I know that sigh."

"Bruh." You blurt it out before pouting, and hearing your annoyed voice like that always made him chuckle. "Seriously, Osamu, you better tell him about it."

"What? Are you guys finally dating?"

You fell from the stool right when you heard Atsumu's voice behind you. The loud crash made the setter screech, while Osamu immediately turned off the stove and ran to your side.

"You are so stupid," There's a hint of worry lingered on the wing spiker's voice as he helped you up, his twin brother looking from the sideline with a knowing smirk on his face. "Tsumu, if you just stand there I would tell mom that you were being no help at all so she won't give you any dinner." The statement immediately made Atsumu gasp.

"NO, YOU WOULDN'T." The banter of the two made you snicker, making you forget about the pain that you felt before. Your snicker turned into a full laugh, and at this moment, a blush adorned Osamu's face without himself knowing about it.

His heart fluttered, loving the fact that you were laughing because of him. He knew deep down that it was because of him and his brother's neverending quarrel. But seeing e you having such a joyful look on your facewas enough to make his heart beat a little bit faster.

And the way his stone-coloured eyes gaze at you didn't go unnoticed by his twin brother who had a gentle look on his face — somehow happy to know the younger twin found love, on someone that he knew would be great for the silver-haired wing spiker.

Lean, slender fingers tucked the strands of your hair at the back of your ear, waking you up from your daydream. He chuckles softly under his breath at how you jolt from just a simple touch. It could be platonic, just a friend helping his companion to get her hair away from her face.

But even everyone could see — that the gesture was not platonic at all.

"What are you thinking just now?"

His deep, curious voice made you turn to face him, eyeing the soft dark brown hair that was tickled by the wind. He usually silent — when the two of you walked home together — eating up chuupet that he saved deep inside his bag, didn't want a certain glutton wing spiker to find it.

But the last few days, he had been a little more talkative, and you loved the change of atmosphere that started to resolve, little by little.

"I am just thinking about school, that's all." You answered as your eyes focused back on the road, swallowing a huge lump.

"Yer lying."

"Am not."

"You always gulp down when yer lying."

You cocked your eyebrows, lips pursed as you didn't even notice that you had that kind of habit. Your orbs darted back to him who is now glaring at you with an intense look (But was that amusement inside his green orbs too? You couldn't really decipher what it was).

His gaze never left your figure, piercing deep inside your soul. Maybe after years of admiring Kita Shinsuke, Suna found something that he could use on people around him, and that was a fierce stare filled with authority — one that brought a shiver down your spine.

"Don't gimme that look or I am not going to speak up." You scoffed, muttering under your breath how having one Kita was enough, you didn't need to feel it anymore in the last year of high school.

Suna let out a small chuckle, so short but it was enough to make your heart skip a beat since his sanguine side was something that was always buried deep inside, never once brought up to the surface.

You wanted to nudge him, tease him on how he was a lot more relaxed now compared to the first two years you had known him. But you didn't want to make him go back to square one, so you just let it be, let him open up to you naturally.

"I am thinking about graduation, actually." You spoke up once again, making him clear his throat as he focused back on you, one hundred percent. "I still don't know what I should do, what path I should take. Either stay in Hyogo or expand my wings somewhere."

He listened to every syllable that came out from your lips, humming here and there to show you that he was there, all ears and engraved your words deep inside his mind. "I still feel so lost, I guess. It's November already and yet I still question my life's decision."

You looked stressed, biting the bottom of your lips after you let out a long sigh.

"Actually, same." Though, you didn't expect Suna Rintarou to speak up too. "I got scouted by a team. I mean, they said I have potential, and if I want they would take me under their wings."

Your gaze fell on his face with awe, mouth opening wide as you couldn't believe the words that he said.

"Dear, God." You didn't know why you were the one who felt so excited over this. He blurted it out so easily as if the information was not something that could change his future — depends on what he would do with it though. "Suna that's so cool! Fuck, you must be so proud of yourself, that is just... wow!"

You were rambling, orbs glimmered with joy and excitement. Your feet felt lighter since you knew that he was in love with volleyball, and he could climb even higher to the top if he took the offer. You knew that Atsumu got one, but this news was new since Suna was not someone who loved to boast around.

He didn't know why you looked so happy, but he wasn't complaining, letting you talk on and on about him. And God, it felt so good to know that someone he liked gushing about him non-stop for minutes.

"You better take that offer, Suna Rintarou." Your shoulder nudged him playfully, making him stumble since he didn't expect you to do that. "I swear to God that is such a great offer, and I know you wouldn't have any regret."

It was such a sweet offer indeed — him scouted by a professional team — but it became a lot better as you were the one who pushed him to take it.

A loopy smile tugged at your lips, eyes softened as you forgot about your matters. How could he resist that smile? One that made a whole damn zoo making a riot in his stomach. How could he not slow down his pace every time he walked home with you? Knowing for certain it was such a bliss to be in your company.

How could he wait for two goddamn years to finally make a move? While he was certain from the start that the one who had your heart never acknowledged you as he did.

"I will take that offer." He blurted out, making you and him stop walking simultaneously.

The two of you already stood in front of your house, bodies facing each other as your eyes met with his lime coloured irises. Orange hue from the afternoon sun fell on both of your faces, the wind so delicate there was nothing that could be heard.

Everything was — still, as you waited for more.

"I can sense a 'but' there, Suna." Your tone sounded so mischievous as a little smirk replaced your smile in an instant. "Come on, now. Spill it."

He took one step forward, almost closing the gap that separated your body with his. Green irises scanning your face, searching for any kind of discomfort. But he couldn't see any. Swallowing a huge lump he reached his right hand to you, interlacing his forefinger on yours.

"But," So delicate, his touch. And your breath hitched the second he parted his lips, leaning his face closer to you. "But you have to go with me to school festivals."

His body was still, afraid that you would pull away if he moved just a millimeter to you. You looked so shocked, to hear such a request from him. No, not a request, more like a demand with the intonation that he used. His move was bold, and at this moment, he knew the choice was either to fight or fly in the battle of having you.

He chose to fight.

"Sure, Rintarou."

And he knew it was the best decision that he ever took in his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812K 20.2K 24
You are alone. With you abusive parents who hate your guts. According to them, you ruined their chance at a normal life. For 5 years you experience...
45.1K 625 82
What happens when you put your average weeb as a writer? Well you get this book... Firstly this was created as a Haikyuu one shot book and then an an...
378 16 11
Requests are appreciated. (No smut though) (This is also on Ao3) -> https://archiveofourown.org/works/55675390/chapters/141325720
39.8K 349 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...