At Your Mercy (Jenlisa Werewo...

By _FudgeIt_

Captured by humans at such a young age, Lisa was locked in a cage, shackled and tortured. Forced into "human... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (M)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (M)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Author's Note
New Book
Jennie x Reader ver.

Chapter 22

3.5K 161 8
By _FudgeIt_

Lisa's POV

"Ch-chaeyoung?!"

"Lalisa?!"

Oh god, I never felt so relieved in my whole life.

To see at least one pack member is enough. But to see my best friend/soon-to-be beta is more than enough.

It is a small world indeed.

"Is that really you?!" We ask in unison, totally surprised by each other's unexpected presence.

We excitedly run towards each other, letting our bodies collide halfway as we envelop each other in a hug while jumping in utter joy.

"Your alive!" We exclaimed in unison once again, making us chuckle.

Even after years of being separated, neither of us changed nor our sisterly/friendly bond. It looked like, we never got separated in the first place; no bits of awkwardness.

Still the crazy duo.

But older and hotter, if you know what I mean.

"Thank goddess, your alive" She pulls away dramatically. "My ass is finally saved from leading the whole pack"

Yup, she's still dramatic as ever.

Chaeyoung leans her body against mine and places one hand over her forehead, pretending to faint. "You don't know how hard it is for a beta to lead a pack without its alpha"

Now she's being overly dramatic.

But I could care less. What's important is that...

"The pack is alive?" My hands flew to my mouth as an incredulous gasp rolls out of my tongue.

"And your mother too" she added.

"The pack is alive! A-and my mother too!" I chortled this time as happy tears cascade freely down my cheeks.

Out of pure joy, I pulled her for another hug, my arms wrapped around her nape, squeezing her tightly as I continue to cry on her shoulders.

She didn't complain though, instead, she just pats my back.

Or maybe not.

"C-can't b-breath" Her pats became hits as she struggles her way out of my grip.

As she got away, she composes herself immediately before clearing her throat. "Will you go back home with me then?"

I froze like a rock as a daunting realization hits me all of a sudden.

"I can't Chaeng!" I grab her face in panic, giving her a look in the eye before nervously pacing back and forth and around the room as I envision certain things.

"If I come back, I'll be alpha. And if I become alpha then who knows what will happen to the pack!"

"I'm sure you'll b–"

I gasp in terror. "I might be the cause of its downfall! No no no, this isn't right. I never learned things that an alpha should. I'm dumb! I've been trapped inside a cage half of my life" I pulled my hair in frustration as I foresee my visions coming true.

"But y–"

"And goddess knows if the pack members will still like me, I wasn't even there to protect them when they needed me. They'll hate me, or worse, kick me out of my own pack!" I clawed my chest as my lungs forgot how to breathe properly.

It felt like drowning- drowning in the sea of what-ifs.

"Lalisa Manoban!" Chaeyoungs shouts that seem to snap me out of my trance. She grabs a hold of my shoulders and shook me with all her might.

"Will you just please listen to me"

I sigh as I face her, giving her my full attention.

"Look Lis, your not dumb, it doesn't matter where you have been. What matters the most is that you are still living. With training or without, you still have the alpha blood in you– not to mention the almighty Marco Manoban's blood" She gave me an encouraging look as she gave my shoulder a supporting light squeeze.

"I believe in you, my alpha"

But instead of being encouraged, I just pouted at her, unconvinced. "But the pack can live even in my absence"

"Where's the old Lalice who dreamt of being alpha?" She started searching my body. "Where did you hide her, huh?"

"Stop that Chaeng" I grasp her wrists. "It's just that, after everything that had happened to me, I think I lost all hope, especially my dream of leading the pack someday"

"Then let me bring that hope back to you. Just come back home with me"

I sigh for the nth time. "Alright"

"Great!" She suddenly beams, her mood quickly changing from serious to jolly in just a snap. "I'll book us a flight tomorrow, we leave at dawn"

This took me off-guard. "Flight?"

Chaeyoung looks up from her phone, confused a bit. "Yeah, the pack migrated to Australia long ago"

How dumb of me to think, they'll be staying in Korea after that tragic event.

I love to meet the pack again, but the flight to Australia itself could take half a day, which makes a whole day for a round trip.

And I can't just leave Jennie like that right?

After all, she wants me to stay with her. And I won't let that opportunity slide to get closer with my mate.

This is my chance.

I breathe deeply as I made up my mind. "I'm sorry Chaeng, but I'm afraid I can't come with you"

"Why not?" She frowns. "If your thinking about the passport, I could just—"

"It's not about the passport" I bit my lower lip as my eyes darted nervously on the ground.

Should I tell her about my mate?

"Well as you can see, your eighteen already and so am I..."

"No way" she exaggerates a gasp. "Don't tell me..."

I only nodded to confirm her suspicions. "Yes, I found my mate"

Chaeyoung's face turned from utter shock to being enthusiastic. Both her eyes and mouth changing from being round as a ball to having this wide grin that reaches the sky.

It was priceless, her expression. Funny to see it change so rapidly.

"That's good news!" She then squeals in joy. "Not only will the pack have its Alpha back, but it will also finally have a Luna too"

"That's the problem Chaeng"

Her brows furrowed instantly. "What is the problem?"

"She's a hun– human, she has a life here in Korea and.... uh- she might hate werewolves like us?"

I almost slip!

I hate lying to my best friend, but can you blame me? I'm just protecting my mate and who knows what will Chaeyoung do if she finds my mate is a hunter.

"What is wrong with a human mate?" Her expression lightens. "I believe you have met MY mate earlier, her scent is on you"

I bob my head as I replay my not-so-good encounter with that woman who turned out to be my best friend's mate.

But I'm pretty sure she's a hunter too.

"So?"

"My point is, if both our mates are humans who live here, then the pack won't mind if they migrate back to Korea, right? Besides, they would do anything just for their alpha and luna"

"I suppose so..." I say unsurely before a thought suddenly came to mind. "What are you and your mate doing here anyway?"

"We're visiting her cousin. Why?"

A moment of silence passes before we gasp in unison as we pieced the puzzles together.

"Your mate and my mate are cousins!" Again, we voiced out our thoughts in unison, that just proves that we do really share the same brain cells.

We excitedly jump around, squealing as our hands were clasped together; like children alike.

That is until...

"Rosé!" The scary woman from earlier yells from afar, standing with her arms on her sides. "You are cheating already on the second day of our relationship?!"

My best friend swiftly unclasp her hands to mine and rush to her mate, giving her a peck on her cheeks.

They're so sweet.

I can't help but envy the people around me.

It made me think why the moon goddess has given me a very complicated relationship while she has given the others a very easy one.

So unfair.

"I won't ever cheat on you" The taller woman wraps her arm around her mate's waist as they both made their way towards me. Though, the glare on the shorter girl did not leave her face.

"Lisa, my mate, Kim Jisoo and Jisoo this is Lisa, my childhood friend"

The name rang in my ears again.

Where have I heard that name again?

Right, Jennie mentioned her.

"You must be Jennie's unnie" I gave her my best smile as I politely held a hand out.

To my relief, she gladly took it as she returned the smile. "My apologies for my actions earlier"

"No big deal"

"So have you talked to your cousin?" Chaeng asks her mate.

"Yeah... apparently she's sick so I can't introduce you to her" Jisoo pouted sadly which made the other girl cupped her cheeks.

I just looked away, wanting to gag at their sweetness.

Why can't Jennie and I be like that?

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung calls.

"Yeah?"

"We're going now, lets catch up some other time, okay?"

"Alright"

And with that, they left happily, hand in hand.

Leaving me with the feeling of relief, joy and envy, all mixed together as one and placed inside my chest just to be a burden.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 582 7
Jisoo wasn't sure how did it end like this, with her back pressed against one of the bathroom stalls of the club, her lips dancing around with Jennie...
1M 24.7K 41
Lisa Manoban is a womanizer, everyone is falling for her charisma. But what would it be if the day comes when she will taste her own poison. Jennie...
59.4K 2K 10
It all started on a dare Jensoo ff "Hmmm. You were staring at her for like a few minutes. Ah! I know. Give her a mark on her neck." She said and smir...
295K 10K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...