The Right Thing To Do { Drac...

By imnessa_

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 �... More

Author's Note
1- Just The Beginning
2- The Sorting Hat
3- First Day of Classes
4- Best Friend
5- Maturity Levels
6- Worry and Stress
7- The First Lie
8- Quiddich Try-Outs
9-Hogsmeade
10- Amortentia
11-Writing an Essay
12- Scary Kitty
13- Conjuring a Patroness
14- Relationships
15-A Letter
16- A Murder
17- Friends Again
18- The Portkey
19- A Familiar Scent
20- Christmas Eve
21- It's Christmas!
22- Iceskating
23- You Mustn't Tell Lies
24- Punishments
25- Draco?
27- A Whole New World
28- Unexpected Visitors
29-A Task
30-To The Train
31- Back at Hogwarts
32-Dancing to Death
33- Family Meeting
34- The Truth
35- Back Together (ish)
36- Harry?
37- Peppermint, Smoke, and Old Parchment
38- Goodbye
39- Edgar
Epilogue
A/N

26-Feelings

1.4K 40 21
By imnessa_

A/N: thank you for 700 views !! (this is the chapter, guys! get ready!)

Evanora

"Draco Malfoy?" I heard someone say. I was shocked. No one here was supposed to know Draco's real name! 

I turned around to see a short blonde haired girl with a fluffy green sweater and a jean skirt. Draco and I didn't dare say a word. Could she be spying on us for Voldemort? 

"Draco! I knew it!" She said and sat down across from us. She must have figured because we turned around. Are we dumb or are we dumb? 

"Hi. I'm Amethyst," She smiled but we just stared at her.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" She laughed nervously. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, waiting for us to respond.

"Well, I remember you, Draco. I remember you too, Evanora," She smiled at me.

"Where do you know us from?" Draco snapped.

"Hogwarts. I was there for my first year. I was a Hufflepuff," She whispered.

"I left because my parents thought it wasn't safe because Harry Potter was there and they figured You-Know-Who would come back to finish the job," She explained. She seemed like she was telling the truth although I didn't recognize her.

"I heard about two death eaters running away. My uncle told me. He's one of them, you know," She began to explain. I started to sweat. I grabbed Draco's hand under the table and squeezed it to calm me down.
"Was it you two?" She whispered. We both shook our heads. "Hm, my uncle said they were students so I assumed it would be the two of you. Draco, I always suspected. Not so much you, Evanora."
"We go by Drake and Ava now," Draco muttered to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Wait, why'd you change your names if you aren't running away from someone?" She questioned.

I looked at Draco because I had no idea what to say. Amethyst sighed and said, "It's you two, isn't it?"
"No," Draco roared.
"Relax. Your secrets are safe with me. I don't really care," She waved her hand and our sleeves flew up to our arms. "Gotcha!" She said happily.

We both quickly pulled our sleeves down in panic and I said, "How did you do that?"
"Father taught me some easy things you can do with your hands. Don't worry. Your secret stays with me. I'm a loyal Hufflepuff after all," She smiled and left our booth.

"Bloody hell," Draco said and I sat in shock. We definitely have a problem.

"What are we going to do about her?" I asked.

"Not sure. She just seems curious and I don't think she has many friends. Let's just not worry until we absolutely need to," He said and rubbed my back.

"I just hope that she's not the reason we'd get caught," I said and boy was I right.

Time skip ~ Friday Night

I checked my outfit in the mirror before leaving the bathroom. I had on some back pants and a long-sleeved red top.

I made my way downstairs to Draco laughing at Damien as he got yelled at.

"You will not be going to the winter carnival and you will be staying here with me doing chores!" Rosalie snapped. She turned to look at me and her facial expression softened.

"Evanora, Dear, I'm so sorry about my son's actions. He will be grounded until further notice," she said to me. "Garry will drive you and Draco to the carnival. Have fun and please be safe!" She gave us hugs and we followed Garry out to the car.

It was different not having Damien hogging up the back seat and I was pleased to not be smelling his stench of terrible cologne and aftershave. Instead, I got to smell the sweet peppermint from Draco's cologne.

"Is this your first carnival?" Garry asked, breaking the silence of the car.

"Yes," Draco and I said in unison. "Although, I have read about muggle- I mean non-wizard people's carnivals. I've seen a few photos too," I added.

"That's nice. You guys will have tons of fun. Be safe!" He said and we exited the car. The sight was beautiful. I saw all the rides that were made of muggle technology, the lights, and the snow. Far better than the pictures I've seen.

"Wow," I said looking at the scene. We walked up to a booth that said 'Tickets' on it. Draco pulled out some muggle money and handed it to the lady who put little bands on our wrists. We thanked her and entered the carnival.

"What do we do first?" Draco asked.

"No idea," I smiled at him and we began to walk. People were running around from place to place and I heard tons of laughter.

I passed a booth that smelled delicious and I turned to see someone selling something called "churros".

"Let's try one!" I nudged Draco and pulled him over. "Two churros please," I said and Draco handed the man some muggle money and then he handed us the churros.

"Here," I handed one to Draco and we both tried it. "This is so good," I said admiring the sweet.

"This is actually pretty good," Draco said and ate the entire thing in seconds. I did the same.

We kept on walking and looked at the different booths and rides we passed. I remembered these scenes from the book I read. I never thought I'd actually get to see it, though.

I felt something grab my hand and I looked down to see Draco's hand intertwined with mine. Neither of us said anything, we just kept walking. I wasn't sure what to do or what I wanted to try, so I scanned my surroundings. I spotted a huge pink teddy bear hanging from the top of a booth. I pulled Draco with me and pointed at it when we got closer.

"You want that?" He questioned.

"Ya! It's so cute," I admired the stuffed toy.

"Alright I'll get it for you," he smiled at me and approached the two girls that were running the booth. I think they are twins.

"How do I get the big pink bear?" Draco asked.

"You get three darts," one of them said.

"Then aim them at the balloons on the wall here," The other added.

"If you get all three,"

"The bear is yours."

"Shouldn't be too hard," Draco said and showed off his cocky grin.

One of the girls held out their hand and Draco gave them money. Then, the other girl handed him three darts. He threw them one by one and missed all three. I laughed to myself as I saw how angry he looked.

"Aw, Drake, don't worry about it," I said, holding in my laughter. I honestly hated calling him 'Drake' and I knew he hated it too.

"No, I'm doing this again," he said angrily and gave more money for more darts.

He squinted his eyes and concentrated. He threw the dart and it hit a yellow balloon. "Yes!" He said to himself.

He took the next dart and held the same concentration as before. He threw it and it hit a blue balloon. Then, he took the last one he aimed and threw it but it missed.

"Bloody hell!" He roared and he looked angrier than before.

"I'm going again," he said and got more darts. This time, he made all three.

"Yay! Finally!" I laughed and hugged him. The girls lowered the big pink bear and handed it to Draco.

"Congratulations," they said in unison and we walked away in victory.

"This bear is bigger than you," he said, handing me the bear.

"I love it! Thanks, Drakie," I kissed his cheek and held my bear close. I watched as his cheeks went pink and he smiled.

"Drakie?" He questioned.

"I like it better than Drake. Remember, I used to call you 'Drakie' when we were little?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I don't like Drake either, but now you get a nickname too. How do you like 'Evie'?"

"Sounds okay to me," I smiled and he laughed and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

"That looks fun," he pointed at a huge wheel that I recognized as a Ferris wheel.

"Let's do it," I said and we walked over to the line of people waiting to go on.

I started getting a bit nervous as we were going closer to the front of the line. I hated heights. This is why I don't play quidditch.

"You okay?" He asked. I smiled and nodded at him.

"Still scared of heights?" He questioned.

"How did you remember?"

"I remember in our second year, when you were hanging out with me and Crabbe on the quidditch pitch, I pulled you onto my broom and took you up as high as I could. You were freaking out and begged me to take you to the ground," he laughed.

"And you didn't! You kept terrorizing me!"

"Well I was an ass then," he sighed.

"Just then?" I nudged him.

"I've changed."

"Since we got to the muggle world," I pointed out.

"Since I wasn't surrounded by petty people, our parents, or the stress I had on me 24/7," he ranted.

"Hey. It's okay," I said and held his hand. He gave me a half-smile and we were called up to enter the little cart on the Ferris wheel. We got inside and I sat the bear on my right and Draco sat on my left. We started moving and as we got higher, I got more and more nervous.

"You're fine. I got you," Draco said and put his arm around me. I got closer to him and he held me close.

"It's really pretty up here," I said admiring the view of the carnival and trying to push out my nervousness.

"Yeah, it is," he smiled at me.

We made it to the top and the Ferris wheel stopped.

"Oh my goodness," I said and gripped onto Draco's shirt.

"It's only stopped so they can let people off and put new people on. It's fine," Draco tried calming me down.

"But why do we have to be at the top?" I groaned and pushed my head into his chest. I was fine while we were moving but now that we've stopped, it's scary.

"Shh it's okay," he rubbed my back.

"Distract me," I told him.

"Okay then, remember when I told you that I loved you?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, I meant it. I was planning on talking about it later tonight but I guess now is a good time so you're distracted," he took a breath and continued to speak. What was he going to say?

"I have feelings for you. Since we were eight years old, I knew I loved you. You're the one, Evanora. You're smart, beautiful, sweet, and caring. And you always do the right thing no matter what. I admire you for that. You are the most amazing girl and you're perfect. You're all I need to be happy," he was saying and my eyes widened. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my nerves going crazy.

I pulled away from his chest and looked up at him. He was smiling at me, waiting for a response.

"Draco, I," I tried saying but he cut me off.

"You don't have to say anything and you don't have to have feelings for me as well. Just know that I love you," he said and looked off into the distance.

"I love you too," I said softly and his eyes widened and his cheeks went pink when he looked back down at me. "You do?" He asked and I nodded. He stared at me for a moment and smiled. I smiled back. I think I wanted him to kiss me. I moved a little closer and I saw him look down at my lips then back up to my eyes.

He tilted his head and cupped my right cheek with his hand gently and moved his head closer. At this moment I knew he was going to kiss me.

"Is this okay?" He asked to make sure I was comfortable. Instead of answering, I kissed him. 

A/N: My babies are all grown up.... :( 

hope you enjoyed it!!

vote, comment, & follow !!

love you,

-nessa<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 195 34
Draco Malfoy and Emma Dawlish attend Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emma is almost always a straight A student and she is forced to wo...
47.8K 1.1K 17
A young girl named Y/n Everglade has been best friends with a boy named Draco Malfoy ever since they were little kids. When they go to Hogwarts thing...
157K 3.4K 15
After an argument between Harry and Ron and Hermione, Harry spends a lot of time on his own. One day, he can't stand being alone and out casted. He c...
12.9K 494 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...