π“ˆπ‘’π’Έπ‘œπ“ƒπ’Ή 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓃𝒸𝑒 | T...

By cutesight

"πΉπ‘œπ“‡ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š, 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ π“ƒπ“Šπ“‚π’·π‘’π“‡ π“‰π“Œπ‘œ." - - - - Life seemed perfect. You are happily in... More

Painful truth
I don't understand
Go talk to him
Let's start from the beginning
Thank you, Kageyama
You're first
You're their friend
One sided
Enraged and worried
You're welcome
Surprise and jealousy?
Kageyama is a fool
You're a good guy
Roommates
Her secret
Closure
Soften up
Do you not want to?
Payback
Petty
I'm done hiding
For you, I'm willing to be second
He's cute
We're dating
Your first argument
He's in deep
Do you love Kageyama?
Another secret
Quick is who I am.

Dumbass

15.6K 396 654
By cutesight

"Why am I here for? I should be practicing volleyball right about now." A disgruntled voice speaks from the barstool of your kitchen counter. A sigh escapes from your lips and you turn around to face the angry man with your arms crossed.

"You're going to taste my chocolates to make sure it tastes alright." You take off your apron and rest it on the counter. Kageyama grumbles and rolls his eyes.

You managed to trick Kageyama into coming over to your apartment.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day and you want to make sure the chocolates are edible for Hinata. Funnily enough, tomorrow also marks your fourth anniversary with the cheerful orange haired boy.

"So, you're going to kill me instead of Hinata?" Kageyama eyes the chocolates slowly dripping on a cooling rack. Rolling your eyes, you shake your head and scoff under your breath. "I'm sure you'd pull me down with you if you were to die."

"Damn right." Kageyama flashes a devilish smirk your way. "So, are they done yet? I want to squeeze in at least an hour of practice before they lock the gym up on campus."

You stare at the heart shaped chocolates that have solidified from the cool air of the apartment. Carefully, you pick one up and inspect it from all angles. Kageyama stares at you with an impatient expression. "It looks fine Y/L/N."

"F-Fine. I guess it looks okay enough to eat." Feeling rushed by Kageyama, you extend the chocolate to him. He takes the chocolate from your fingertips and pops it into his mouth. You hold your breath in anticipation for his reaction. But Kageyama can only express two emotions on his face.

Anger or deadpan.

Shrugging his shoulders after he swallows the chocolate, he parts his lips to speak up. "It's chocolate." You feel dissatisfied from his response, heaving a sigh. "Smartass."

Kageyama wears a smirk when he hears Y/L/N's comment. He then stands up from the stool and flings his gym bag over his shoulder. "Alright, I'm out of here. Next time have Yachi be your guinea pig."

"I would've asked her if she was free today." You mumble under your breath. Turning on the faucet, you start to clean up the mess you've made in the kitchen. Kageyama slips his shoes on at the foyer and glances over to the kitchen to look at Y/L/N. "Don't the two of you share this apartment? She could've tried the chocolates when she gets back."

"She's been coming home late these past few weeks. I think she picked up a job or something. We haven't spoken more than a few seconds to greet each other."

Kageyama notices the slight frown on Y/L/N's face. He casts his eyes to the side and stands up after retying his shoe laces. "I'll forgive you this time for tricking me then." He places a hand on the doorknob and twists it open after unlocking it. "See you tomorrow Y/L/N."

You lower the clean bowl into the other compartment of the sink and say a farewell to Kageyama. "Thanks for helping me!"

"Whatever." Kageyama speaks lowly before closing the door behind him.

If the two of you aren't as close as you are; his words would definitely rub you off the wrong way. Kageyama had every chance to leave the moment you opened the door to the apartment for him but he willingly stayed. Despite his complaining, he watched you make the chocolate from scratch and waited patiently until the very end result.

You shake your head with a smile on your face. His actions and words never match up.

🏐・゚゚・。.

"Ugh...how'd I manage to get lost again?" Kageyama stares at the GPS on his phone. He's been over to Y/L/N's apartment a few times before and he's always managed to get lost every single time. He grimaces at the thought of calling Hinata for directions.

Knowing Hinata, he's probably still at the gym practicing. The sheer thought annoys him that Hinata is practicing to surpass him. The two may play different positions on their team, but that doesn't stop Kageyama from feeling competitive.

Kageyama stares at the passing pedestrians around him.

Should he ask a stranger? Or should he suck it up and call that annoying bastard?

A thought then crosses his mind.

Y/L/N would know the way back to the university.

He quickly pulls up her contact and the dial tone rings a few times.

Is she still washing the dishes?

He hopes her phone isn't on silent.

Feeling his hope slowly drift further away from each dial tone, Kageyama furrows his brows and pinches his nose bridge. "Pick up the phone Y/L/N..." He mutters in annoyance.

The third dial tone rings and Kageyama sighs in defeat but he perks up once he hears Y/L/N's voice. "Kageyama? Did you leave something behind?" He hears her shuffling around. "I don't see anything...Are you calling because you're lost then?" He stiffens and bites his inner cheek when she calls him out. "Tell me how to get to the university." A soft giggle fills his ears and the sound of the running faucet stops. Y/L/N pats her hands dry on a towel and sighs.

"A please would be nice."

"I'd never say that word. Now...Directions."

Another sigh escapes from Y/L/N and she asks him for his current location. After answering her question, Y/L/N slowly tells Kageyama the directions to the university. She doesn't hang up the call until he reaches the front entrance. Several turns and crosswalks later, Kageyama sees the university entrance in front of him.

"Oh. I see the university now."

"You're welcome." She replies. A silence forms on both ends of the call and she speaks up again. "Guessing you don't know how to say thank you either?"

"Yeah." Kageyama curtly replies to her, a smile forming on his lips. He holds back the chuckle that tempts to erupt from his throat. The crosswalk sign flashes and he makes his way across the street.

"Do you need directions to the gym too or are you okay now?"

"I know my way around the university."

"Surprisingly." Y/L/N jabs at him and a laughter follows after her comment. "Don't practice too late. Tell Hinata I said hi if he's there."

"You can just text him." Kageyama mutters out. He inches closer to the gym and notices two familiar people standing outside of the gym. A blonde haired girl and an orange haired boy.

Yachi and Hinata?

"I did text him earlier but he hasn't replied. He's probably too engrossed in volleyball again. Anyway, I need to start on my classwork so I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Kageyama." Y/L/N ends the call and Kageyama drops his hand to his side when he sees the events before him.

Yachi wears a frustrated expression when she eyes Hinata. That kind of expression is vaguely familiar. He's seen this kind of reaction before back in high school when he'd reject girls.

Is it possible that Hinata is rejecting Yachi?

But, that would mean Yachi has feelings for her best friends boyfriend.

The thought itself sounds horrible.

Kageyama hides himself behind a pillar after inching himself closer to the gym. He's definitely not getting any practice today from the looks of it.

"How long are you going to keep this up Hinata?!" Yachi cries out when she stares into Hinata's brown eyes. "This was suppose to be just a dumb suggestion but now it's been four years."

Dumb suggestion? What is Yachi spewing on about?

"Yachi, can you calm down? You're a bit loud. What if someone hears?" Hinata stammers out nervously. He places his hands on Yachi's shoulders.

"I don't care! I love you Hinata! Don't you love me too?" Yachi breaks into tears and whimpers. She clutches a hand against her chest. "I shouldn't have told you to date Y/L/N. I only foolishly said something like that in hopes you'd realize I was the better person for you."

Kageyama knits his brows together, tilting his head slightly.

What kind of thought process is that exactly? It makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

But guessing that Yachi was 14-15 at the time, it might've made sense to her at that age.

"I didn't date Y/L/N because of your suggestion Yachi." Hinata spits out. "Feelings aren't something to toy with." Kageyama hears the anger in Hinata's voice and he's surprised Hinata can think so seriously like this. "I liked you before but you rejected me. Give it up already Yachi. Y/L/N would be heartbroken if she finds out about this."

Angry and hurt, Yachi acts on her emotions. She flings herself onto Hinata and locks her lips with his. Kageyama leans over when he notices the commotion has gone quiet and he immediately regrets his actions.

Yachi desperately kisses Hinata but the worst part is that Hinata seems to be wrapped around her finger. He returns her kiss just as fiercely.

Did Yachi possibly rekindle some lost feelings within Hinata?

Whatever the case is-- this makes Kageyama upset.

He leaves the pillar and confronts the two.

"What are you two doing?" Kageyama speaks in a low irritating tone. He crosses his arms and stares daggers at the two who frantically pull away from each another.

"K-Kageyama! What are you doing here?" Hinata is red in the face when he tries to find his voice. He gulps and ruffles his hair wildly. Kageyama clicks his tongue in response. His anger topples over when he remembers Y/L/N's expressions and thoughts when she made Hinata chocolates today.

Biting down on his tongue, he only replies with his eyes shooting daggers at Hinata. To think, he briefly thought Hinata could be serious and stern. He's an idiot before and he's an idiot now. Turning his back on the two, he enters the gym and throws his gym bag against the wall.

What is he going to do now with this information?

Obviously he has to tell Y/L/N. But...

"UGH." Kageyama groans out loud. He doesn't bother to change into his gym uniform when he storms towards his gym bag and pulls out his volleyball. Throwing it up into the air, he smacks it hard causing the ball to bounce back from the wall and it whizzes past him.

Hinata, you dumbass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 24.3K 89
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
272K 6.4K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
20.9K 1.1K 30
They say "opposites attract" Taehyung and Jungkook are two boys living in different worlds. Have two different behaviours and different point of vi...
58.6K 1.3K 16
(L/N) (Y/N), a simple girl with a passion for football and a deep hatred for volleyball. But what will happen when she meets the charming volleyball...