๐๐‘๐Ž๐“๐„๐†๐Ž | remus lupin

By Lady_Kryptonite

"Remus stares at my sister like she plucked the moon out of the night." "Don't you mean like she hung the st... More

๐„๐—๐“๐„๐๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ ๐’๐”๐Œ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐˜
๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐
๐Œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ซ๐ฌ.
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐’๐ˆ๐—
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“
๐๐ˆ๐๐„
๐“๐„๐
๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„
๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐
๐…๐ˆ๐…๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐
๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐
๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐
๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐Ž๐๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐–๐Ž
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„
๐“๐–๐„๐๐“๐˜ ๐’๐ˆ๐—

๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐

7.3K 298 164
By Lady_Kryptonite

[ 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍 ]

𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷

THE DAY OF Sirius's birthday was a good one.

He woke to the boys (and somehow Winnie, who had snuck in) singing him happy birthday and was gifted his first present of the day: a box of chocolates from Remus and Peter.

"We remember you said your parents never let you or Regulus have sweets for you birthday when you were younger, so we figured you'd like to indulge in some morning chocolates," Peter said with a smile. Sirius took them with a thank you and began to indulge on the sweets, being only mildly annoyed when James and Winnie snagged some from the box when they thought he wasn't looking.

Once Winnie left and he got ready for the day, he realized he didn't finish a potions assignment and almost immediately, Remus slid him his own to copy.

Between classes, he even received an owl from the Potters with a card and a large box of gifts, both he decided to open later.

The rest of the day went by beautifully, almost suspiciously so.

"You guys are planning something," he said when he sat down at lunch.

"Why does everyone always assume someone's got something planned?" Peter asked.

"Because it's you guys! Of course you've got something planned."

"I don't know, bub," Winnie said, flicking his ear before sitting down next to Remus. "I don't think this lot is very capable of planning anything elaborate. Remus, sure. But my brother? Peter? Nah, you've got nothing to worry about."

"Hey!" Peter and James protested.

Sirius sent her a wry look before giving up and diverting his attention to his food. Whatever they had planned, there was nothing Sirius could do except wait for it to happen.

///

It happened at dinner.

Sirius had gotten there and talked to Marlene and Lily for a few minutes before he realized something was missing. Or rather, some people. Despite dinner having started 5 minutes ago and James and Remus being in his last class, they, along with Peter and Winnie were nowhere to be seen.

His question was quickly answered when a cloud of dust erupted at the front of the dining hall in front of the professor's table and the four of them emerged.

Remus, Peter, and James were dressed in short, tight, and golden dresses, matching bows in the hair, and Winnie had on a golden three-piece suit (which he would later learn was borrowed from Fleamont Potter—why he had it, Sirius would never know).

"Oh no," Sirius said, not sure whether he wanted to look away or watch.

"Are you ready Hogwarts?" Winnie yelled into her wand, amplifying her voice across the room. Confused—but loud and excited nonetheless—cheers went around the room and with another spell, the room fell dark.

Four spotlights, courtesy of a few members of the Quidditch team, landed on them and music began to fill the air.

Sirius had never regretted introducing them to the radio more.

"You can dance," Winnie sang horribly off key, pointing at Sirius.

"You can jive," James picked up as the four of them began to move their hips and arms in an over-exaggerated dance.

"Having the time of your life," all four sang together, surprisingly harmonized.

"Oh, see that girl," Remus sang, although much less enthusiastic as the others. Sirius wondered how much begging (or bribing) they had to go through to get him to agree.

"Watch that scene," sang Peter. "Digging that dancing queen."

By now, those with Muggle blood had joined in with the singing while the purebloods all looked on in amused horror at what was happening. The rest of the song went the same, the four of them switching off lines, backed up by a good number of students.

Sirius could barely see McGonagall in the back shaking her head, yet she made no move to stop any of them.

Finally, Sirius decided that he may as well join the group of fools he calls family, and he stood up on the table and began to sing loudly in the last chorus.

After the song finished and Headmaster Dumbledore restored the lights, they all huddled around Sirius, all still in their ridiculous attire.

"How much did you guys have to pay Moony to do this?" Sirius asked, immediately, a huge smile on his face.

Remus flushed bright red and tugged the hem of his dress.

"Happy birthday, Sirius!" the twins yelled at once, ignoring his question completely.

"Yes, yes, it's my birthday, I'm a dancing queen. How much did you pay Remus?"

"Nothing," Peter said.

"I don't believe it."

"It's true," Remus chimed in.

"Yeah, Winnie asked him a few days ago and he agreed pretty quickly," said James before turning in his seat to face Lily and show off his dress.

"Oh," Sirius said with a raised eyebrow. "So it Winnie asked, did she?" The girl in question had also diverted her attention to Lily and Marlene. Peter just snickered slightly.

Remus just pretended not to hear him.

///

At exactly midnight, Winnie and the boys dragged Sirius out of bed and to the Quidditch field. Sirius complained the entire way there, wanting nothing more than to be in the comforts of his own bed.

"You won't regret it, trust me," Winnie said, tugging him once more.

And she was right.

On the field, the entire team, as well as some of his other close friends, were all huddled. Each wore casual clothing and many had their broomsticks. In the center of the field was a large table covered in food and drinks.

The entire field was lit up, including the stands.

"Wow, how did you guys do this?" Sirius asked in wonder, taking it all in.

"A lot of planning," James said.

"Thank you so much," Sirius said, still in awe that his friends would go through all this trouble.

"We figured you might like something a bit smaller than our usual party. We figured you might like a night game of Quidditch and alcohol."

"You figured right," he replied with a wicked grin, and with that, he took off. The music started playing, and before long, people took to the skies.

Winnie decided to stay on the ground for a while, though, telling Peter to take her place as chaser on the team.

"It's pretty amazing of you and James to organize this all for Sirius," Remus said, shuffling up next to the brunette.

"We'd do it for any of you guys," Winnie said truthfully. They had made their way to the edge of the field and were now sitting on the grass, their backs against the wooden stands.

"I know, that's what makes it so spectacular."

"You're quite spectacular too."

They sat in comfortable silence for a bit after that, just watching everyone with content smiles on their face.

"Hey, look at Sirius," Winnie said, pointing. He and Marlene were in the center of the makeshift dance floor, looking awfully close.

"Do you think it's the Firewhiskey or do you think they like each other?" Remus asked.

"I think right now it's Firewhiskey, but I'd put 10 Galleons on them being together by the end of 7th year."

Remus pondered it for a few moments. "I say one year after graduation."

"Deal."

"Deal." 

______

I ignored my pounding headache and pile of homework to write this. 

Hope you guys liked it, remember to vote, go check out House of Black, yada yada yada...

Stay funkalicious ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 16 12
No one in Hogwarts remembered she used to have a brother, if they could they'd said there was no way they were siblings. Olivia knew this very well...
1.3M 44.7K 78
In a universe where Voldemort never became powerful enough to terrify people for decades after the first Wizarding War, Peter didn't betray his frien...
303K 6.1K 35
This is the story of y/n lupin. Twin sister of Remus lupin. Ever since she started at Hogwarts she has had a major crush on James potter. Does sh...
5.1M 181K 50
"SHE LOOKS AT YOU AND SEES THE STARS. YOU LOOK AT HER AND SEE THE MOON. IT'S SUCH A GODDAMN TRAGEDY BOTH OF YOU THINK THE OTHER IS LOOKING AT THE GRO...