The Chronicles of Narnia: The...

By LogansNarnia

COMPLETED "It's just Logan." Logan, an orphaned girl, gets sent to a professors home with her foster family... More

The Bombs Suck
The Train Ride and an Unexpected Discovery
The Land Inside the Wardrobe
An Unexpected Talk With Some Beavers, a Betrayal, and a Death Threat
Edmund is stupid, We Are Being Chased by a Psychopath and Her- Ooh! Presents!
We Got Hit By a Waterfall, Met a Talking Lion, and Killed a Wolf to Save Edmund
Oreius is an awesome horse man, Aslan is dead, and Edmund is good at peptalks
A Happy Ending With Thrones, Fancy Titles, and A Trip Back Home
A/N (End of Story)
BAHAHA

It's Battle Time. Get Ready. No More Funny Titles. Get Your Serious Face On!

211 6 0
By LogansNarnia

A griffin swooped overhead, passing over our army which was on one side of a massive field. I fidgeted with my outfit.  "Relax kid!"

I was riding Phillip the horse, who had taken a liking to me. I patted his mane.

"Ok Phillip, I'll try," I whispered in his ear. Just then, the griffin landed next to us.

"They've come, my lieges," he panted.

"In numbers and weapons far greater than our own,"

"Numbers do not win a battle," Oreius said comfortingly.

"No, but I bet they do help!" I remarked.

Rooooar

I squinted my eyes. A minotaur was on the other side of the field.

"Holy Aslan!" I breathed out. The griffon was right. The Witch's army was massive, much larger than ours. And the Witch. Seeing her in her chariot, pulled by two polar bears and wearing her elaborate outfit, made my blood boil.

"She murdered Aslan," I growled.

"That bitch is going to pay."

"Shut up, Logan," Peter muttered. He drew his sword. I followed his movements. Horns blew and our army cheered loudly. The minotaur on the other end of the field roared and the battle the witch's forces began to advance. I turned to Peter.

"I... I'll see you on the other side," I spoke quietly. I then lowered my chainmail mask and signaled for the griffins to start their attack. They dropped boulders on enemy forces, however, some were shot by archers. I turned to Oreius, on my left.

"Are you with me?" I asked.

"To the death," he answered. I turned to Peter.

"You ready?"

He nodded.

"For Narnia and for Aslan!" I yelled with Peter. We charged forward on our horses, toward the opposing side, our army following us.

Time seemed to stop. We were right in front of an army of mythical creatures. I might die. I took a deep breath. But it was for Narnia. For my new friends. For my family.

Time seemed to unfreeze and our forces collided. I slashed at a white tiger, and gutted a minotaur. I moved on to help a couple of fauns who were taking on a giant. I sighed. This was going to be a long fight.

After a while, I patted Phillips' side with one hand while I stabbed a dwarf with one of my swords with the other hand.

"You ok?" I asked. Phillip panted.

"I'm fine,"

But I could tell he was slowing down. Without a miracle, Phillip wasn't going to last much longer.

SQUAAAAAAAK

I looked up and saw a magnificent red and black bird, swoop down, light itself on fire, and create a wall of fire between our forces and the Witch's. I quickly took out a flask of water and poured some of it into Phillip's mouth.

"We have to keep on going buddy, the Witch is going to get through eventually."

As if she heard me, the Witch's polar bears shot ice at the fire, extinguishing a section of it.

I frantically searched for Peter on the battlefield, shrieking when he rode up next to me. We exchanged a look.

"Fall back!" I yelled.

"Draw them to the rocks!" Peter added on as a horn blew. As we retreated, our archers shot arrows, killing many of the Witch's soldiers. However, a lone arrow hit Peter's unicorn. Peter was launched into the air and hit the ground.

"PETER!" I screamed. I dismounted Phillip, signaling for him to retreat. I ran over to Peter to make sure he was ok.

"Peter, are you ok?" I demanded, skidding to a halt next to him. He nodded.

"Thank Aslan," I grabbed his face and kissed his forehead. Ignoring his stare, I looked up, surveying the battle. The Witch was approaching in her chariot. Peter helped me stand. I was about to charge, when Oreius ran past us, targeting the Witch.

"STOP!" Peter shouted.

"OREIUS!" I screamed.

I watched as Oreius took down multiple enemies, and launched himself at the Witch. She ducked under his sword and she stabbed him with her own blade, which turned him to stone. I leaned against Peter, my sight going fuzzy. Oreius had sacrificed himself. For nothing. The Witch elbowed Oreius' statue, crumbling it. I grabbed both of my swords.

"I'm going to kill her!" I screamed. Edmund, who had appeared out of nowhere, grabbed my hand.

"There's too many of them!"

I looked around. So many of our men were being struck down by the enemy. I frantically grabbed Edmund.

"Get out of here!"

I also grabbed Peter's arm.

"Get the girls and get them home! It's ok, even if I am part of your family, I am not a Pevensie. Please, let me do this."

Without waiting for an answer, I launched myself back into the battle. I was thrown to the ground by a minotaur, but I was saved by Peter. I glared at him after he had stabbed the minotaur.

"I thought I told you to leave," I snapped. Peter grinned.

"Edmund went already. And plus, you're only second oldest."

I was about to say something else when Peter's face fell. I turned around and saw the Witch's blade in Edmund's stomach.

"EDMUND!"

Peter and I pushed our way forward, towards the Witch and Edmund. Peter intercepted a minotaur while I took on the Witch herself. I forcefully thrusted my sword at her and she blocked. I slashed over and over again, too angry to care about anything else. However, the anger made me blind and she used that to her advantage and slashed my cheek with her blade. I got up and attacked her again, ducking under her blades. I was kicked back onto the ground. The Witch towered over me.

"Goodbye, little general."

She raised her blade for the final strike. I closed my eyes.

ROOOOOOOOOAR

I looked up to find the source of the noise and almost almost cried when I saw who it was.

"Impossible," the Witch muttered.

It was Aslan. I looked to the left, hearing more shouting. It was Susan and Lucy with reinforcements! I lifted my blade just at the right moment, as the Witch dried to land a blow. I backed away, blocking her strikes. But it wasn't enough. She stabbed my arm, pinning it down. I screamed in pain. The Witch approached me once again. Then she was tackled by Aslan.

The beautiful, golden creature threw the Witch to the ground. I closed my eyes as he delivered the final blow. I struggled to stand, leaning on my swords with my good arm. Aslan turned to face me. Peter ran to my side. Aslan dipped his head.

"It is finished."

"Logan! Peter!"

I turned around and was tackled by Lucy. I squeezed her as tight as I could. Looking over her for obvious signs of injury.

"Are you ok?" I asked, kneeling down in front of her. She hugged me again.

"Look at yourself first! I'm totally fine!"

I stood up again, turning to Susan. She looked at me.

"Where is Edmund?"

The blood drained from my face.

"SHIT!"

I ran across the grass, kneeled next to Edmund and pulled off his helmet. Lucy quickly opened the bottle that Father Christmas had given her, and poured a drop of liquid into Edmund's mouth. But it didn't seem to work. Edmund had stopped breathing. Susan, Peter, and Lucy started crying. I got up and threw my swords down.

"This is not real. THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE!" I screamed.

"Wait, Logan look!" Susan gasped. Edmund's chest started to rise and fall and soon enough, his eyes opened. I fell to the ground in relief.

"When are you gonna learn to do as you're told?" I asked wearily. I pulled all of them into a hug, not wanting it to end. Eventually, I pulled away and turned to look at Aslan, who was standing in front of us. He breathed life into a soldier, frozen into stone. The soldier turned from stone to flesh and took a deep breath. I smiled wearily. I winced when Lucy bumped my arm when she reached for her healing cordial. She began running from soldier to soldier, reviving them. I laughed, Lucy's kindness would always amaze me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.7K 15
"There is always hope in the world. You've just gotta believe in it." Every Narnian story has a happy ending...but not this one. This is the story of...
8.8K 154 32
"Where did you go Amelie? where did you go?" " I met a girl once she sorta ripped me open" Amelie lives just over the hill. What happens when she ge...
1.2K 25 16
They were best friends until she suddenly disappeared and he never heard from her again. But six years later, their paths cross again on the eve of a...