IN TWENTY ONE DAYS (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. The morning rays rose above the horizon. Sunlight streamed her bedroom... More

Author's Note/ Introduction/ Copyright.
1; UNVEILED.
2; SHOPPING.
3; APPROBATION.
4; PARCHED.
5; REVERSED.
6; CONQUERED.
7; BELLE-MERÉ.
8; CLOSURE.
9; BAMBINOS.
10; TEMERITY.
11; ARRANGED.
12; HENNA-PARTY.
13; FRITH.
14; JEALOUSY.
15; PICTURES.
16; FASTENED.
17; RUBY.
18; QUELLING.
20; BLUE BLOOD.
21; TWO WOMEN.
22; ENTRUSTED.
23; AFFRONT.
24; MISSION.
25; NEW ZEALAND.
Okadabooks!

19; EXTINGUISHED.

1.7K 431 164
By aishatu_xx

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"How do you feel about this wedding?" Murad asked from the driver's seat, his hands clasped on the steering wheel anxiously awaiting his sister's rants.

They haven't gotten the chance to talk about the whole wedding and her husband marrying another woman. She always manage to evade the question as much as she can but it seems like her brothers are also just giving her time to think things though. Just twenty one days ago, she heard about her husband getting married, it's not easy for her to just get used to the idea so easily. That is a huge change which will change their lives forever.

They know her weakness quite well but she wish they won't try gouging out that weakness then, she don't need to say a sappy story that will make her depressed when she vowed to take the spotlight away from it's owner. If she dares go in there looking like she just ran away from a mental asylum after regaining her sappy memory and cried her eyes out, she won't have the control she wants over her co-wife. She needs that control in her hands through thick or thin, by hook or by crook.

And one thing she can't resist is talking out her mind when her brothers are involved. Even if she doesn't want to smile, they always manage to make her do so and so do they when she has bottled up a lot. They have always been her best friends right from younger age, she has no best friend. Whenever they'd call her when they were in military, they spend a lot of time talking till they are asked to keep it down.

She became devastated when they left, she couldn't let them go just like that and when they came back, she had to get married. They've spent some time together catching up, they always come to her home to spend the day if they are free. She will cook their favorite spaghetti and meatballs, they'd launch in her kitchen while filling each other in. She's loved them like she loved her parents, even more sometimes.

Being the baby of the house and also the last born, there is nothing she lacks. They are always there at her beck and call, always there to wipe away her tears, to clean her wounds while feeding her chocolate. Some might think having three possessive brothers is no fun but to her, there is no more fun than having brothers. Maybe it is because she doesn't have any other person apart from them, her parents been busy.

Some went to the extent of saying she feels her brothers are everything and that is because she doesn't have a sister. Yes, she once yearned for a sister but then thought that brothers are more fun. She might wake up one day and start feeling jealous of her own sister since women tend to do that to themselves. That is just what happens nowadays with girls' hearts, you can't even stop it even if you want to. They get jealous of each other over pettiest issues, it scares her shitless. Now think about her getting a real co-wife.

"In all honesty, I don't even know what to say. I'm dead afraid of what will happen now that I have another woman I have to look out for. There is something about Zara that I don't like, she is already feeling victorious just because she's married to my husband. She was way too confident even before they got married, I hate her for that. Everything about her screams trouble and danger, I don't like the idea of her coming into to ruin our happiness. She is nothing but a home wrecker.

"Then talk about Maan, I don't know about him. He is a man, she can easily lure him to her lair without me even noticing. Women can be so cunning, their moves are unpredictable. I am one that is why I'm saying what I feel. Though he loves me and hopefully, will always love me more, I still will be afraid of what she could do to change that. He might love me more than he does her in future, but she can still root her own love for him.

"I know this sounds selfish to your ears but I don't want him to ever love her, not an ounce of it. If he does, I'm going to be cast aside with my daughter, I don't ever want to think about that. You know how much I love him. He is my first love, I can't bear the pain of losing him to another woman-" Her voice croaked at the end when she felt that tears are about to rush down her face.

"Calm down." Mujahid who sat beside her draw her closer to his body and enveloped her in his warm arms. Sense of happiness and security cocooned her, his cologne giving her more comfort.

"It's okay, we are always there for you no matter what. Don't ever forget that." Murad commented, his voice filled with emotions. The guy is one emotional fool, always the emotional one.

"And don't you worry, if she tries anything stupid, I'm always there to take her to jail, no joke. President's daughter or not, I will find my way." Mujaddad commented from the passenger's side his voice filled with humour under laced with threat.

"If it makes you feel better, you are more beautiful than she could ever be." Mujahid patted her back making her laugh at that. They always say she is beautiful, it makes her feel more beautiful every time.

"And you have longer hair than hers. I saw her hair earlier before it was closed, yuck." Murad chuckled, clearing the atmosphere all together.

"What took your eyes there?" Mujaddad hit the back of Murad's head who only groaned and gave a nonchalant shrug.

"She left it open for everyone to see and I got a glimpse. You know, she had this horse hair atop hers but I could still see her hair. You get how my eyes works on my enemies." He gave a smug look at his siblings seeing their eyes filled with astonishment. He's always being like that.

"You were just looking too much into it like always. I think I should bring you to guard my home for safety reasons." Bushra teased, her legs rocking around the floor seeing as they are already close to the hall just few more seconds.

"I won't mind, you know that." He grinned and she could see the sincerity, he would do that in a heartbeat if she'd ask him to do so but she won't ever degrade her brother to guard her when his dream stretch down a long lane.

"We won't mind also. Just a call and your house will be surrounded, trust me." Mujaddad threw, truth coating the words. It's enough to sooth Amani's heart and melt away all her worries.

"We are here. Now chin up because that hall is about to be extinguished with wild fire." Murad grinned in mischief then opened the door to his side and stepped out.

He went around and opened the door for Amani who took a deep breath and waiting for her brothers to all leave the car like they planned. They are going to stand close to her because there are people outside and they look to be from Zara's side, they need to suck their blood. They stood straight waiting for her then Mujahid offered her his hand, not even bothering about the questioning looks they are already getting due to the sirens.

"You can do this, baby sis." He whispered to her ears when her legs trembled after they hit the ground. Everything is finally settling in her stomach and the people watching them with scrutinizing gaze. Everyone around there has recognized her as the place is well lit, showing every shadow.

She could hear the music blaring inside the hall making her wonder what other people are doing outside the hall. There are so much security that makes her wonder whether the President himself is there, she don't get that. She plastered a smile across her lips and stood comfortably on her heels all the while holding Mujahid's hands. She saw her girls coming her way with wide grins while their gown sweep on the floor elegantly.

"Darn, girl. You look way hotter than you did minutes ago." Fayha commented totally forgetting about her crush beside her. She needs to get the words out or she'd keep rambling the whole day.

"Thanks, mi'lady." She faked accent eliciting a loud laugh from them both.

"Let's get in, I can't wait to see their bloody reaction after seeing our trail." Kauthar grinned like a Cheshire cat as she glance at the entrance they are about to follow to enter.

"Yes please, let's move. I've already texted Safnah, she will talk to the DJ now." Afrah grinned at their mischievous face seeing their plan is working just right.

They already planned it all up. Afrah called her friend who happens to be their relative so she can talk to the DJ and let him know what song to play for them. The Safnah girl now only needs signal before she tells the DJ to change the song after making sure the dancefloor is empty for them. Kauthar left no room for mistakes, she is hellbent on making this the best day of her life eating up on other people's destruction.

On the other hand, Murad made sure to tell the DJ himself what to do when they are about to come in. Lights are going to be casted on them only, confetti sticks and some will blow their party blowers. All Mika'il's family like her and are mostly against the marriage so it wasn't hard to find people to do those. Afrah, Kauthar, Amir and Fayha are going to do the honours of blowing the party blowers as they stand beside them after rocking the dancefloor.

Everything is perfectly planned.

The girls move forward to the entrance, Bushra and her brothers with some other soldiers dressed in their uniforms. As they stand just before the gigantic oak door that opened by the guards standing with dark shades featuring black clothes, they are bouncers. The girls turn back around with wide grins knowing the song they ask Safnah to tell the DJ is about to rock the walls while they keep their moves intact. They are not going to dance in unison but when they reach the middle of the dancefloor, they are going to stop together in some style.

Just seconds later, All Over by Tiwa Savage blared across the walls making the girls yelp in happiness before they start to trudge inside with dance moves, elegance and grace that will shatter any woman's self restrain if she is one to feel jealous easily. The hall roared in hoots people looking, taking photos and videos. The attention they wanted and craved is yanked to them, all the photographers and media people left the attention from the bride and groom to their entry.

The President of Nigeria is inside the hall and he just came in, he didn't get half the attention the girls are getting since everyone was just silently watching as the father hugged his daughter and sat on the high chair with his wife, Farhana. After they danced to their hearts content and reach the dancefloor where some of their relatives came to help them set it on fire. The other relatives went back to seat down while they stayed rooted on the dancefloor taking sheathed breaths all the while pasting a huge smile on their lips, waiting for the next bomb.

Laye by Kiss Daniel just then bounced making them hoot again but they didn't dance, they stayed watching transfixed at the door was Bushra Amani herself started making her way inside the hall. The place got pin drop silent just watching as she elegantly walk into the hall, her brothers standing guard by her sides with stern expressions. There are other soldiers guarding around her like she is some porcelain doll they don't want to shatter or Queen Elizabeth.

Her steps were elegant, graceful, aristocratic but also calculated so is her Yoruba dancing steps.

The way she bends, her shoulders moving, her waist taking some twisted turns while a smile is plastered on her face making her look more alluring. The hall erupted in much more louder hoots, yells, squeals, compliments and other ayes. The medias couldn't sit down to, they kept following her from forward, backwards and side wards. Her brothers had to stop some people from coming closer to her while the guests that can't leave their sits stood up with their phones to have a glimpse of thee Bushra Amani.

The rock that just burst away her husband's wedding dinner.

When Mika'il couldn't stop his legs and his eyes from taking in how the dress fitted her. His legs automatically took him to where she stands, she caught his eyes immediately, his world stopped. When he was few feet's away from her, he wrapped his arms around her waist eliciting more ear piercing outcry from the crowd. They danced, the DJ changing the song to Nobody by Dj Neptune, Mr Eazi and Joeboy. She love the song and the steps she created for the song just bombed it. Some are hundred percent sure that if the owners of the song see her moves, they will definitely make another video begging her to choreograph it.

"I don't like this surprise, Beyoncé. I feel like ripping the dress off of you right now." His hands caressed her back, pulling her closer to his chest where she fits like a missing puzzle.

"No can do." She laughed when he groaned, moving his body closer to hers like he wants to feel her just there. The smirk never left her lips when she saw Zara's scowl as the attention is taken away from her by their own husband. She should know that she will always be the second option, every time everyday.

She knew it annoyed the new bride seeing even her side of people are shipping for Bushra Amani and Mika'il but not her. She could see the smoke piercing out from her ears and nose at the same time. Instead of Amani to feel remorseful like she would've some days ago, an odd feeling of satisfaction washed over her. That is all she wanted to gain on that day, her husband's attention away from the spoil brat. What can her father do now that she's shown them their places? Not even his name could rattle her, it won't.

"This is torture. Can we just leave? Like right now?" He continue to persist, his hands sliding inside her veil to caress her stomach to her bum which result to her slapping his hands.

"Let's go to your wife before she buries me six feet underneath." She grinned and took his arm, people dispatching away from their way but the photographers won't stop taking endless pictures.

She accompanied him to the makeshift stage where the high table is located, the girls behind her waiting for any action.

"Handle your husband, don't let him wander off too much." Amani kissed Mika'il's lips after saying those words to Zara who wouldn't remove the scowl from her face. It makes her ugly face look more uglier, nope, she looks good with makeup that it annoyed Amani.

"Sure." She forced a smile but Amani returned another one filled with challenge and threat.

Amani one, Zara zero.

"...I know my daughter has been given the best advises from her aunties and I've tried my best to give her the best upbringing every daughter could wish for. She's always been the patient one but also a competitor. She works hard for what she wants and never back down because of some hurdles which I adore. My daughter is also one of the most nicest people across the globe so I want you, my new son in-law to take care of her and don't shatter her. Thank you for choosing my daughter gentleman..." The president of Nigeria boomed through the speaker and Amani stopped listening.

Why does it feel like he is mocking her when he says she works hard from everything she wants and never back down because of hurdles? She is the one who is supposed to call them hurdles and not the other way around. It looks like the father and daughter duo have this planned but she will make sure she gave them their shits in their own hands before the day ends. They are trying to make her feel down but guess what, she is totally okay.

After he finished, her sisters were asked to come and talk alongside her best friend. Zara's best friend is a Christian and also a nollywood actress, not great one though, she is just growing. She said a few good words about Zara which was too good to be true but she didn't look bitchy, not that Amani cared. She is just trying yo look out for the people she should settle scores with. And she's counted five so far, she just needs the little push.

She is not done, there is tomorrow.

.....
Hiya!
How are you all people doing? Did she really rock that stage well or were you expecting something more? Don't forget to vote, comment and share please. Lots of love babes.
RQ: Would you do what Amani did? I don't think so, I will be too jealous to even talk to him. You?

Sayonara💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 18.3K 54
Copyright© 2020. All rights reserved. Completed! ~•BOOK 2 IN THE ROYAL SERIES•~ Perhaps it was the fact that despite the inner turmoil she has, some...
117K 18.8K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
18.2K 2.4K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...
20.1K 2.5K 55
A coincidental car accident brought two souls meant for each other together at the time they never expected. Zayba Isah Bature, a sister to Hibba Isa...