Destiny United Us

By Shandy2416

*Short Story* Mirunalni, an orphan yearning for love masks an introverted nature to survive in this cruel soc... More

Prologue
1❤️ Her eyes
2❤️ Her Saviour
3❤️ In his home
4❤️ Should I tell her?
5❤️ His Confession
6❤️ Her Confession
7❤️ Lovely Dumpling
8❤️ He's my Life
10❤️ Climax
Epilogue

9❤️ Will your mom like me?

4.3K 336 217
By Shandy2416

Siddharth's pov

"Is the best buisness man of the year and CEO of Hope technologies, Siddharth Chandrashekhar in love with an orphan employee?" The breaking news read.

" The renowned buisness man Siddharth Chandrashekhar was spotted with a girl in a restaurant. Our resources have confirmed that she's an orphan and works for hope technologies. Is Siddharth really not gonna marry actress Meera but an orphan?" It continued.

It also had pictures attached to it wherein her face was hidden behind a vase and mine was visible clearly. That frickin news channel is gonna face my wrath.

The first thing that got into mind the moment after I saw the new was Miru. Omg she would be devastated to hear this.

I rushed to her cubicle, she was holding her face between her palms, shivering.

I called her name but she didn't even respond. I softly pat her shoulder and she looks up at me.

Her eyes were red which showed that she was crying. My heart aches everytime I see her like this.

I didn't think twice before holding her wrist and leading her to my office. At first she tried to get her hand out of my grip but stopped when I loosened it. I can see everyone's eyes on us both but I don't care anymore.

If she's gonna cry like this she's gonna blackout again. I went into my room and my PA was waiting there for me.

I asked him to go out and closed the door. I made Miru sit on the couch. She buried her head in her palms and cried.

I kneeled down in front of her and made her look up. She lifted her head and her gaze met with mine.

Her longing eyes were searching something in mine.

I took her face in my palms and spoke," see Miru, I love you and you love me. No frickin news or person can make us love eachother any lesser. So dumpling, don't ever take any news like this seriously. I promise I'll never leave you and you shall have no further doubts about it"

She whispered," love you Quokka". I wiped her tears off with my thumb. We were lost in eachother's eyes while my phone rang. I took it out and my eyes widened and so did hers seeing mine.

It was my mom, Savitri. By now, the news must've reached her ears.

I attended the call signing Miru to be quite for which she nodded. I put the call in speaker and said," hello amma" as usual. (Amma / ma - mom)

"Hello Kanna" she said with a bit anger evident in her voice. (Kanna - a word of endearment, refers to lord Krishna)

"Kanna, is all the news I'm hearing true?" She asked.

I nervously said," Y-yes ma, I'm in love with her"

I can see Miru anxiously looking at me through my peripheral vision.

The next second, we both froze in fear.

" What you talking Siddharth? Are you going to marry a girl with no background? I don't want my son to marry an orphan. I totally disagree with you in this matter. I'll myself look for a good girl for you whose equivalent to our family. Don't you dare speak a word more than this" she shouted at the highest pitch of hers and cut the call not waiting for me to respond.

Miru didn't utter a single word. I didn't want her to blackout again, so I swiftly held her hand in mine and told," Dumpling, plant one thing firmly into your mind, I won't leave you even if the whole world comes against me. So don't worry, I know to convince my mom and dad"

She faintly nodded in response. I signed her to smile just the way I did on our first meeting. She smiled but not the usual, it was so artificial. i too didn't force her.

My phones were constantly buzzing with calls from media houses so I switched off all excluding my personal one.

I called Kriti to take care of Miru. She comforted her saying soothing words to her, she's a really good friend indeed.

Dhruv too came to support me. Of course, a friend should be with you in crests and troughs.

We stopped the telecasting of that TV channel and filed a case suit against the people who published it.

All these works took two hours and Dhruv helped me a lot. Miru was sad the whole time and Kriti was trying hard to convince her.

I and Dhruv sat on the couch exhausted while my phone rang. It was my dad, he was really friendly with me. There's no scarcity of drama in my life for the past few days.

I sighed thinking about his response and swiped the green button.

He said," Kanna your amma told me about everything, what have you decided?"

I said," Appa I love her. She doesn't have anyone except me. I'm not gonna leave her" with a bit of anger in my voice.

He spoke," Kanna wait, when did I tell that I disapprove this marriage?" in a calm tone.

"Then do you approve her dad?" I asked with hope.

"Yes da Kanna. I know that you're selection will be always perfect." he said which brought smile on all our faces.

"Thanks pa! Thanks a lot for trusting me. She's a really good girl pa. I'm sure everyone would like her" I spoke everything that came to my mind.

Miru was smiling widely. How badly did I miss that smile?

" Kanna, bring her home soon. I know how to convince your mom, you don't worry about that"

" Ok dad, we'll come home soon" I said and cut the call.

As soon as I cut the call, Miru hugged me from behind. Kriti and dhruv said," aww" in unison and left the room giving us privacy.

I made her sit on the couch and sat next to her.

This is the first time I'm sitting this close to her.

She looked into my eyes and said," Quokka I've never lied on my dad's lap. May I lie on yours?"

I gave a genuine smile and let her lie on my lap. She smiled and slept in few minutes. She might be really tired of all the drama.

I asked my PA to get the private jet ready.

Within the next few hours, we were ready to board the flight.

She said," it's my first time on a flight Quokka, I'm scared"

I laughed and said," don't worry dumpling. You'll be safe"

As the flight started she closed her eyes tightly like a child.

I was just sitting next her enjoying her childish behaviour. She was way different from the Miru I met earlier.

As we reached Coimbatore aerodrome, her happiness turned into fear.

She held my hand tightly and asked," will your mom like me?"

I nodded slowly and walked her into my home.

My mom was walking from the kitchen to dining hall with a bowl in her hand.

I called," Ma" and she looked in my direction.

The glass on her hand fell down and shattered into pieces.

She froze in her place staring at us.

Hey goli sodas,

Your comments on the chapter, please ❤️

The next chapters will have Mirunalini's pov too

Thanks a lot for 1 k reads and 200 votes. They mean a lot to me 💗

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

Next update on Saturday/ Sunday

Happy reading 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 147 20
She married him just to save her father's company but who knew that this marriage will save her live too. Aahna malhotra a 22 year old year who had c...
510K 22.6K 37
Satyadev, our male protagonist, is one of the leading businessmen in Chennai city in the southern part of India. He owns a renowned chain of star hot...
1M 74.2K 73
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 2-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 She became his life the moment he saw her, VIE meaning LIFE in french. What happens when she dis...
20.8K 1.2K 36
Thanishna, a 22-year-old student in her last semester. 📚 Despite her bubbly exterior, she's a sensitive soul. Her love for eating and sleeping is un...