supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[64]

3.5K 185 150
By universaja

c h a p t e r - s i x t y f o u r

"Aren't you practicing so hard?" Doyoung peeked to see you at the practice gym of abilities. "I toasted some bread for you."

"Thanks." You spun around and revealed your already sweaty and tired face. "Okay! Try to just stand there and I will try to control it so I can-"

"Nah. I won't allow it. That won't do." He slowly approached you while having a firm look, no plan of turning out what he just said. "Eat and rest."

You rolled your eyes and turned your back against him again. "If you don't want to give me my bread and make me control it, then don't, tree guy."

"What did you just call me?"

"Well.. aren't you a nature one?"

He sighed, grabbing a stool and watching you still practice hard. "Ah. So you're teasing me now."

"Yeah. Because I know you won't be able to tease me back about that. What will you call me if I have mo specific ability?" You smirked, splashing some water on him but retreating because he'll be mad for sure.

"I'll have something to call you, of course."

"What? All rounder? Every ability?" You giggled. "Perhaps.. you'll gonna mix all the ability and make it a name?"

"Baby." He tilted his head cutely.

Your face turned into crimson red. You immediately looked away and fixed yourself, patting your cheeks. "Whoo. It's getting hot in here. And that's too cheesy, please go out."

He didn't let his confidence shake infront of you. Instead, he stood up at your back and pinched your cheeks from behind, squishing it tightly while you groan. "Baby, you should take some break."

"Stop." You swatted his hand and gulped some water while Doyoung enjoys how much you are getting flustered.

"I don't think 'baby' suits you because you are so stubborn." He peeked on your face and showed his beautiful smile. "Maybe.. Doyoung's?"

"I'm not yours."

"Then should I make it official?"

"What is up with you?" You gave up and left him there, approaching the table where he left the toast and eventually chose to rest while chewing. "You're suddenly being like this."

"I haven't seen you the whole day because you keep on trying to master your ability when it takes time. Can you not pressure yourself?" He suddenly turned serious while taking a seat beside you. "The guys are probably gonna treat you completely different because you're gone for today."

"Not like I left this place. Don't be so overreacting."

He shifted in his position and looked at you lovingly. Doyoung felt like he always lack of expressing how much you meant to him and now he feels that he's running out of time to make you feel safe and secured. "Don't worry. It's not your fault. Even if anything happens, it's not your responsibility."

You looked at him and was about to joke around but froze when you realize his sincere look towards you. His eyes are so beautiful, and so expressive. His eyes holds stars everytime you look at him.

The things you see that he thought you didn't.

Doyoung fixed his clothing and brushed his hair up. "Whatever happens, we're always here. You don't have to try so hard, okay? You're always gonna do well, because you are Lee Y/N who mistakenly reads our book and is now a Protector."

You scoffed sadly. "If I lose control.."

"You won't."

"That's exactly the reason why everyone is dying to kill me. Because I might be unstoppable." You frowned and held his hand, catching him off guard on you being suddenly honest with your feelings. "Please.. Please stay away from me."

"I won't."

"Please? It wouldn't last long." You sniffed, feeling a little overwhelmed. "That's the only favor I can ask for now."

Doyoung looked away, biting his lip. "I can't do that-"

"Please, Doyoung. I need you all to stay away from me for awhile. I don't think I can manage if that time comes. If you guys are hurt, I'll suffer. You'll suffer. Everything will not be okay." You sighed, trying your best to convince him.

He was silent, trying to understand the situation.

This topic has been talked a lot for awhile after your stay in Ten's place. Something happened that day when they left the place and that inclues the poisoning the bunch of Supernaturals' minds. That means you'll have hundreds of opponents attacking on your way and might actually lose control so they need to move for a moment.

But of course they refuse.

You keep on telling them they won't be able to fight their own kind because it's obvious that they are all the same Supernaturals nor watch you break their group even if they are isolating themselves — it will be hard for them and it will feel like they'll have to choose between you and their own place.

But still, they refuse.

Everyone decides as if they can already see the future.

Doyoung sighed, snuggling into you by wrapping his arms on your waist tightly and closing his eyes. "Mmm."

"Promise?"

He refused to open his eyes, not wanting to seal anything.

You sighed and decided to play in his soft hair while feeling a little down now. "Can you tell the others too?"

"I don't need to tell them."

"Huh?"

"They are listening."

Your eyes widened while quickly looking at the investigating room where they usually stand to watch someone.

Indeed stood their silhouette.

Soon enough, the speaker opened up and Jungwoo's voice rung. "Yeah. We are definitely listening. And I want to change your name, by the way."

You looked utterly confused while speaking up, "What..?"

"It's Jungwoo's."

"Wow. Seriously. No. I think 'Winwinnie's' sounds more cute."

"You all should stop," Jaehyun's deep voice interrupted. "Atleast I was the one who kidnapped her."

Donghyuck's honey voice gasp. "Hyung are you actually proud of it?!"

A series of complains echoed making you crack a smile. Doyoung tightened his grip around you and hummed in satisfaction. "You're here beside me. I won."

~~~

You and Mark are both watching some random videos at the television, each eating some snacks.

Hours later, yours got empty almost too quickly. You laid your hand as a gesture of asking some chips but he ignored you, eating silently while fixating his look on the screen. He even pushed the other snacks out of your reach.

An annoyed expression crept upon your face. "What? Are you throwing attitude on me too?"

He simply looked at you and shrugged, moving further which caused your legs that was resting in his thigh to fell down. You growled loudly and it surely echoed on the place.

"What's that? What is happening?" Johnny appeared with his shirt not even properly worn since he was half lazy and half rushing to check you and Mark.

You scowled and lazily lounge on the other side — the opposite of Mark's seat — of the couch. "He wouldn't give me snacks. I am craving for it since yesterday."

Johnny smiled and looked at Mark. "Why won't you.."

His supposedly question slowly fades when Mark gave him a look that you can't even figure out.

Johnny then snapped his finger and gently turned his attention to you. "You should ask for some favor, Y/Nnie."

"Nope. I won't. It's just a snack, why will I ask for some favor?" You rolled your eyes and stood up. "I'm a stubborn kid. I will not do it. And thanks for teaming up, Johnny Seo."

You eventually leave the place, leaving the two of them watching you intently. Despite their looks trying to get your attention, you still ignored it and walked at the Arcade Room where Taeil was. He was checking the place and was about to leave but stopped to see you looking at him.

"Hey? Why are you here? Are you bored?" Taeil grinned and approached you. "Do you want me to take you anywhere? Or what?"

"Everyone is so mean," You scowled while grabbing his hand and pulling him in the folding couch.

Where the memories of your first stay still stay.

Taeil fell with you as the creaking sound echoed. You then grabbed a plushie beside him and continued to make an irritated face.

He cautiously sat properly and scratched his ear. "What do you want to do here?"

"Sit and think."

Taeil looked at you. "That's boring."

"It's not. I've been doing this all my life when my shift ends. Trust me, it's relaxing." Even if your sentence was pointing out a calming scenery, your voice and expression says otherwise. You are still annoyed about what Mark and Johnny did because it destroyed your chilling moment.

Taeil surely knows that. He rested his chin on his palm and tilted his head. "Then.. don't you want to ask me something?"

"What?"

"Like.. anything? To make you feel better?"

Your lips raised in one side. "What are you saying?"

Taeil whistled while his eyes looked at the shelves behind.

An idea popped upon you. "Oh yeah! Will that be okay? Can you read me a story?"

Taeil grinned, close to agreeing. But he stopped midway on standing up. He innocently blinked his eyelashes which is cute. "Uhm, is that a favor you are asking?"

"Yeah-" Your frown appeared when you managed to process his question. "Why does that matter?"

"Mmm.. Because.."

Your jaw dropped as you glared at him, concealing your frustrated face. Taeil immediately noticed it and a slight panic attacked him.

"No. It's not a favor." You crossed your arms. "Why does it even matter anyway?"

Taeil sighed and approached you slowly. Your frown change into a questioning look when he slowly leaned towards you. In a speed of light, he left a peck on your lips which you didn't expect. His eyes stared on yours for a moment before scooting back in his position.

"Sorry. I can't do it if it's not." He pressed his lips into thin line and his cheeks turned into an adorable bubble. "I hope that will make up for it."

He left the place and you sat there, alone, whilc touching your lips who wasn't prepared on his move. You thought he'll say teasing or comforting words but definitely not gonna do any intimacy at this situation.

But he did, anyway.

The whole day passed by with full of irritation in your bones. Even in small things, they are telling you to ask for it. It suddenly feels like you did a big mistake for them to keep asking you 'Is that a favor?'. And on top of that, only Jungwoo and Taeil seems to be guilty on what kind of play they are doing.

You slouched on the balcony as the stars twinkle at the dark skies. It provided you some comfort while the breeze blows your hair.

Your sight averted into the shade of blue strands in your hair.

Did you lose yourself again and accidentally hate them?

You bit your lip in guilt. Maybe that's the reason?

They will not ask you to keep on asking for favors in everything you do without reason.

"You ditched the dinner tonight." Jungwoo's gentle voice said from behind. "So.. what's happening here?"

"Tss. Is that a favor?"

Jungwoo couldn't help the chuckle that released in his pretty lips. You rolled your eyes and looked at him, slightly disturbed by the fact that his smile is shining under the moonlight.

"I-Is that funny to you?"

He smiled reassuringly, dropping himself beside you on the space which made you look away, refusing to look at him. Jungwoo licked his lips while watching you act like a stranger around him. "Do you want to know why?"

"I'm afraid you'll ask if that's a favor."

"I'll tell you, just look at me." He patiently waited for you to turn your head at him, but of course you are not that easy to call when you're patience has thinned. Jungwoo decided to just let you be since he can feel the irritated emotions radiating off your skin. "You told at the practice room that the only favor you're gonna ask us is to stay away from you for the time being, that's why everyone else planned that anything you'll do today should be a favor."

Your annoyed face slowly softens.

"So.. you've asked a lot of favor today. However, I think it's still not enough to empty your wish box because.." Jungwoo grinned and peeked on your face. "You'll always have a chance to wish something for us. Hehe-"

"Jungwoo," You looked at his eyes and his smile gradually dissipated.

"Why are you suddenly sad?"

"How am I not supposed to be sad on what you just told me?"

Jungwoo fought the bursting laughter in his throat. He sat upright and held the back of your head, pushing you slowly into a tight hug as you continue to murmur. He didn't need to see the tears streaming on your cheeks.

He knows because he is an Empath.

You sniffed and pushed him lightly while glaring. "Don't try to soften me with your hug. That won't compensate my guilt and sadness right now!"

Jungwoo's beautiful smile appeared again. He laid beside you and forcefully pulled you to his arms. The view changed into the other side where the quarter moon fully shows now.

"Okay. Then let's stay like this."

Slowly, you got to relax in his touch. Anyone will definitely gonna relax in Jungwoo's large arm and broad shoulders.

"Do you know when you lost yourself? And the watchdogs arrive? It was full moon." Jungwoo smirked, playing with your hair that provided thousand times comfort. "But the guys didn't even felt scared at all everytime the full moon arrives. Because we believe on you."

You nodded quietly. "Yeah. I remember that day. Those watchdogs together with.. Jaemin. It's really his necklace. I'm getting goosebumps."

"Oh, about that. Yuta hyung still pesters me if he really asked for your number."

Both you and Jungwoo bursted into a fit of laughter.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?"

You smiled sheepishly. "That's my style."

"So, long time ago, lived an unknown creature in deep forest. Everyone wants to be her friend but of course, she refuse to even let the.. uhm.. her parents visit her."

You silently smirked to yourself since Jungwoo definitely doesn't know how to make a story on the spot.

But it's highkey cute so you're not complaining.

"Then? What happened?"

"Then a human suddenly fell in love with her!" Jungwoo cleared his throat while watching the moon with you in his arms. "They can't be together though. So days passed by while the human only watches her from afar. When the night strikes, like any typical monster, she transform into something unstoppable. The whole village found out about it and everyone was terrified, now not wanting to even get close to her when they used to like her. This made the lady slowly hate herself too. She start to push everyone away and eventually, the human guy who liked her so much couldn't see her often."

Jungwoo started to expand her words about how their love story cycle keep getting interrupted by the mean fate while you doze off.

"Do you know what did the human do to see his beloved?" Jungwoo smiled widely and looked at you, his eyes widened to see you snuggling at his broad arms. "Oh.. you're already sleeping?"

He poked your cheeks repeatedly but there wasn't a respond. Even your emotions shut down and Jungwoo sensed you are already in your dreamland.

He pouted and left a kiss on top of your head.

"But I'll tell you anyway. The guy made her realize that she isn't a monster everyone tries to say. She is a.. human. A special human." He looked to see your clueless face. "They didn't live a happily ever after. They faced a lot of trials because their story isn't supposed to end. Even their hardships should be written. And that goes the same for us, Y/N. It might not end into having a comfortable and happy life like any love story, but atleast the book wrote how much they've gone through together."

"Jungwoo," The guy flinched on the sudden voice behind. He rotated his neck and spotted Sicheng at the moment. "That's a nice story. Y/N could've loved it and understood that she's not going to keep on pushing us away."

"Yeah! I should publish a book!"

"Yeah sure. But before that, prepare to make an excuse with the older brothers." Sicheng pouted his lips, referring to you. "They told you to call Y/N for dinner and not make her fall asleep without eating anything."

A tiny gasp came out from him. "Oh."

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

You were silently brushing your hair infront of a mirror as the new morning welcomed you refreshingly.

You were in the middle of trying out some new things to yourself like simple hairstyles. It's been awhile since you had your alone and reflection time. As expected, it was still one of the best times. But it doesn't cage you up like it did before. Because clearly, you have people around you now.

While doing so, you suddenly noticed a book just beside the cosmetics. You tilted your head and checked, deciding to read a story and definitely going back to yourself for awhile.

But you stopped midway when you got familiarized with the cover.

"Oh? This is The Guide Book?" You furrowed your brows while checking the blank brown pages. "Why does it feel.. dead?"

The door creaked open which almost surprised you because it has been quiet all along.

"Hey hey hey, Lee Donghyuck! I noticed something," You greeted while approaching him with the book in your palms. "I found out something about this book."

"You can tell me about it later." His voice suddenly sounds monotoned. He still forced to smile while lending his hand.

"Are we going somewhere?" You asked quietly, getting replied with a nod. "Why do you look so solemn? I'm getting scared."

"I just not have enough sleep because you're snore from last night reached my ear," Donghyuck laced his arm on your neck before you could even try to reply. "Shh. We need to do something."

You arrived into another room which you couldn't even decipher who owns it. Your eyes landed into a couple of white and other shades of dress in the wardrobe.

"Get ready," The youngest took a deep breath.

You elbowed him lightly. "You are never serious. This is scaring me."

Donghyuck cleared his throat. "The Great Queen wants to see you."

"The who?" You tried to smile and lighten the mood but your face dropped realizing what he said. "Wait.. for real?"

"Yes. For real." Donghyuck gripped on your hait softly and stared at the beautiful blue strands on it. "Be careful. We won't be able to be there."

"What? Why?"

"Because we can't pass the invisible wall, and only you could." He pressed his lips above and frowned, stroking your head in the process. "Be careful."

This whole conversation definitely not sound good.

|     |     |     |     |

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

632K 22.7K 51
"You'll be our Secretary from this day." ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ When a girl was doing a good job in work until the 10 CEOs of the company noticed all the ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
215K 10K 22
"Hello?" "Is this Luke?" "Who are you?" "I am your father." In which a girl prank calls an idol by accident.
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...