The Dollhouse

Od JKLIZ161

"Perfection was all I ever strived for at a young age, and at a young age it was always easy for me to be...p... Více

Chapter 1: First Encounters
Chapter 2: First Date
Chapter 3: Minor Surgery
Chapter 4: The Morning After
Chapter 5: After Date Gossip
Chapter 6: Our Day Apart
Chapter 7: Second Date
Chapter 8: An Unforgetable Night
Chapter 9: An Awkward Morning
Chapter 10: Hospital Visit
Chapter 11: The Incident
Chapter 12: Aftermath
Chapter 13: One Month Later
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: His Rules
Chapter 17: Revelations
Chapter 18: Goodnight, Sweetheart
Chapter 19: My First Week
Chapter 20: Everyone's Got a Past
Chapter 21: His For The Taking
Chapter 22: Defeat
Chapter 23: After The Storm
Chapter 24: Be A Good Girl
Chapter 25: Laurel
Chapter 26: Complacency
Chapter 27: Audrey
Chapter 28: Plotting and Planning
Chapter 29: Prelude to Escape
Chapter 30: Escape
Chapter 31: Black and Blue and No Hope For You
Chapter 32: Twenty-Four Days
Chapter 33: Surviving
Chapter 34: The Test
Chapter 35: Abby
Chapter 36: Reactions
Chapter 37: Plans
Chapter 38: The Fight
Chapter 39: Release
Chapter 40: Goodbye
Chapter 41: Fire
Chapter 42: The Hospital
Not An Update, Seeking Advice
Chapter 43: A Visit from the Detectives
Chapter 44: Epilogue
Book 2 Coming Soon???

Chapter 16: Welcome to the Dollhouse

4.8K 115 53
Od JKLIZ161

Dedicated to saumya0705 for all your support lately! Thanks, you're the best!

We walked from the sitting room back into the hallway a short distance until we reached the entryway of the dining room. The hair on my arms stood at attention and goosebumps littered my arms as my brain replayed Liam saying we over and over again.

My body nearly stiffened at the sight of two women sitting across from each other at the table.

One had wavy shoulder length coal black hair that was done up in a half pony tail with a pink bow around the top. She piercing icy blue eyes that stared at me with excited wonder. Her pale skin was even lighter than the pale pink dress she wore. Her small nose came out at a point and her thin pink lips were formed into a wide smile, showing her perfect immaculate white teeth.

The other had straight dark red hair that fell straight down to her mid back. Her hazel eyes look me up and down, without any other part of her body moving. Her red lips were turned up into a smile without baring any teeth. Her burgundy dress complimented her pale alabaster skin and hair perfectly.

I wanted to scream help, but felt deep down at my core that help would not be found here at this moment in time.

A second later a blonde walked in. Her wavy blonde locks fell in waves down past her chest. Her sharp jawline and cheekbones accentuated the look of distain on her face when she saw me more evident. Her ocean blue eyes barely glanced at me with nothing more than a glare before she put down a large silver platter of ham on the middle of the table and adverting her gaze from me to Liam, looking at him with adoring eyes.

"Dinner's ready," she stated happily as she looked at Liam and then back to me with a scrunched up nose. "She's not dressed for dinner." It took me a second to realize that each girl was in an outfit that was fit for a date to a fancy restaurant or gala event.

"It's okay, Abigail," he said pulling out a chair next to the red head and indicating with his hand that I sit, to which I silently agreed and sat down. What the hell is going on here, I thought as the blonde took the seat across from me and next to the black haired woman. Liam took a seat at the head of the table and began unfolding his napkin and placing it in his lap, which the girls immediately followed suit in doing.

The red head elbowed me lightly and pointed her head to my own napkin. I grabbed it with shaking hands and placed it in my lap too.

I began to look around the room and barely could pay attention to the conversation going around me. The dining room clearly linked to the kitchen, as Abby came from there. The front door was back towards the sitting room. I quickly memorized the path I had taken from my room to the very spot I sat in until Liam began to speak loudly and distracted me from my thoughts.

"What's for dinner tonight, Abby," he asked looking at the blonde with a loving smile, even though all the food was clearly laid out in front of us to which we could easily distinguish.

She smiled back at him, looking at him with longing eyes, like he was the only thing she could see in the room. "I made a honey ham, garlic mashed red potatoes, and green beans with homemade biscuits. Laurel made a homemade apple pie for desert as well." The black haired girl flashed a wide eager smile, nearly bouncing in her seat, and looked at Liam at the announcement of her name.

"Sounds delicious," he said as Abby began to place food on each person's plate. Each girl said thank you after she did and then she'd move to the next plate.

When she came to me, she clearly gave me a look of disgust. I noticed that with me she was less careful with putting the food down on my own plate and nearly dropped it atop it. After she served me she stared at me, clearly waiting, eyes beginning to narrow into a glare the longer she waited. "Manners are important," she huffed frustratedly.

"Thanks," I managed to muster not even looking at her. My mind was far from being polite. Luckily this appeased her and she moved from my plate back to her own.

Each girl sat and looked toward Liam, clearly waiting.

"Let's all dig in," he finally said and each girl picked up their utensils and began to eat.

What kind of cult is this that I have been drug into, how will I ever escape now, was all I could think. I had no appetite to speak of and sat quietly waiting for this dinner to end.

"Evelyn you should eat, you are probably starving by now," Liam said before taking a sip of his wine.

"I'm not hungry," I meekly replied, refusing to make eye contact with him and instead stated at the untouched ham on my plate.

I could feel his eyes staring daggers at me as he sat his glass back down harshly. "I insist you eat Evie, we don't want to let this food Abby made go to waste."

"I'm sorry I'm just not hungry," I replied once more.

He took a deep breath in and sighed. His hand went to his face and rubbed his temples, forehead and down his nose before replying, . "Evie, you are really trying my patience today. Eat or you will go back to your room," he said sternly.

I scoffed at his comment. What was I, a child being sent to my room for disobeying? I am an adult capable of making my own choices, choices he's already tried to take from me. I couldn't take it anymore, this delusional scene, this fantasy world he was trying to create.

I stood up quickly, the chair screeched across the wooden floor as I did. The girls utensils nearly dropped from their hands at my sudden outburst.

"What is wrong with all of you," I shouted. "He kidnapped me. Do something, call the cops, why are you sitting here just eating!" I yelled loudly.

None of the girls made a move to answer me and instead bowed their heads to look at the hardwood floors.

"Sit down, Evie," Liam said through gritted teeth. His eyes flashed at me there darkened hue.

I looked to the girls once more, who made no moves to do anything. Shock was clearly registered all over my face.

I knew I said I would wait, but I couldn't. I booked it towards the entryway way Abby had emerged from earlier and found it was indeed a kitchen, but there was no exit out the back of the house here.

I heard Liam's chair scoot across the floor as I searched for another exit. I made a dash to  opening to the same hallway from before and saw a back door littered with locks at the end of it.

Another stairway led back upstairs. I took the stairs two three at a time as I heard Liam's footsteps not far behind me.

"Evelyn," he roared behind me. "Get back here!"

I was in a section of the house different than before and raced into a set of double doors near the stairs. I shut them firmly behind me and clicked the locks into place.

"Evelyn," Liam yelled from behind them, banging on them, only seconds after I had gotten them locked.

I didn't have much time.

I quickly took in my surroundings. It was a library. A grand library. Bookshelves stretched from floor to ceiling like magnificent mountains. A large elegant desk that was larger than a table sat on the middle of the room. At the end of the room adjacent from me a large marble fireplace stood with floor to ceiling windows on either side of it.

I ran to the windows and began to search for a way to unlock them. There was none. A vast forest sat outside the windows. In the darkness I couldn't see more.

My heart hammered in my chest on the verge of breaking through as I looked for something, anything, that I could use to break the windows.

I double backed to the desk and grabbed a globe figurine from it and raced back to the window.

I swung it with all the strength I could muster and it bounced back at me. It hadn't left a dent, a crack, a mark of any kind. No damage had occurred from my attack.

I tried a few more times to no avail. This glass would not break.

I hear a jingle in the lock, causing me to snap my body quickly to the doors.

My eyes darted from here to there as I quickly looked for escape, but there was none.

I gripped the figurine with sweaty palms as Liam entered the room.

He walked in calmly, spotting me instantly. He closed the doors behind him and leaned his body up against.

He sighed loudly, making sure I could hear him.

"Evie, Evie, Evie, what am I going to do with you," he said and beginning walking towards me. "I was hoping to show you this room tomorrow. I just knew you'd love it, but now you've ruined the surprise." He sighed again after his last comment.

The globe in my hand felt heavy behind my back. I stood still waiting. I would not go down without a fight.

"Don't you like my home? All I wanted was our first night home to be a good one. Abby even prepared a beautiful dinner for you. Though I will admit she wasn't too happy about adding another doll to the collection at the moment." He continued as he walked towards me.

I stood still not able to say or do a thing. I would only have one chance to strike. I couldn't let emotions get in the way of it.

He finally reached me and stood still in front of me waiting for me to speak. "Do you have anything to say for yourself? An apology perhaps?  An apology can do wonders for you over the next couple of days. I'm not very happy with you right now Evie, so I suggest you apologize and drop that globe that's behind you. It won't help you."

I breathed in sharply at the mention of the globe and took a step backward away from him.

"You can try to run again, but I will catch you. You can try to hurt me, but I will only end up hurting you. Or you can try to be a good girl and do what I say. So Evie, which will it be," he asked taking a step towards me.

I swung the globe at his head, but he was quick and grabbed my wrist.

"Bad idea," he stated calmly and pulled my wrist back so far that I had to drop the globe or it would break.

I tried to pull my wrist free, to no avail and began swing my free hand trying to make contact with his face or anywhere to loosen his grip and free myself.

"Even worse idea," he said and pulled my wrist back as far back as he could.

I could feel my tendons snapping like rubber bands as I shouted out in pain and dropped to the floor in pain.

He released my wrist and I quickly clasped my opposite hand over it, trying to relieve the pain.

"I'm so disappointed in you Evie," he said dropping to my level, his face only a few inches from mine. He stared at me for a few seconds before his hand came up from his waist and connected with my cheek with a sickening clap.

My hand raced from my wrist to my face, which was red hot and stinging.

"If you want to keep your other wrist operable I suggest you listen to me."

My hand still on my face, my mouth agape, I did all I could and nodded.

He was right about one thing, this had been a bad idea.

"Good girl," he said smiling bringing his hand up once more to my face. I instantly and instinctively cowered away from him.

He stroked my cheek gingerly before moving the back of my head and moving his hand softly through my hair.

As quickly as he became sweet, he became sour once more and intertwined his hand deeply in my hair. He pulled tightly causing my head to fall forward towards him.

"Get up," he commanded, as he pulled me up by my hair and began to drag me toward toward the door.

My one good hand tried to free his hand from my hair to no avail.

He pulled me quickly down the hall and down the stairs. I nearly tripped in his hurry to get down them with him.

He led me back to the kitchen and pushed me back into my seat.

My head was throbbing as I looked up to meet the eyes of the girls.

Their plates remained hardly touched. They sat quiet with no change in facial expression, other than Abby who had the slightest upturned lip.

"Okay, so where were we," Liam asked placing his napkin back in his lap. "Everyone let's dig in."

Ahhh!!! Really intense chapter, I know!

What do you think about his other "dolls?" How do you think they came to be there?

What do you think will happen next? Will Evie try to escape once more or will this scare her from trying again?

Remember to vote, comment, and share! I appreciate all your support!!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.5M 119K 43
Liam Black holds a dark secret inside of him. This secret is cold, merciless, and as dark as the night. It flows through his veins and teases his ski...
7.9M 327K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* 🎖Featured Reading Lists: •@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning •@TeenFiction Soul Deep •@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
111K 2.3K 25
The moment his eyes lands on her, he's all determined to make her his. He gets and keeps her against her will. But what he doesn't know is that, the...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...