The Occult Pull

By JinxedMagic

Sophie has been running for years. Never allowing herself to settle or get comfortable out of fear that he mi... More

Prologue
One: New Start
Two: First Meet
Three: Mine
Five: Run
Six: With The Wolves
Seven: "I want to hear you"
Eight: Mates
Nine: "I wasn't going to hurt you"
Ten: Some Space
Eleven: "Watch what I do to you"

Four: Doctor's Orders

594 13 0
By JinxedMagic

Alexander's POV

I still cannot believe I found my mate even now as I sit and look at her. I had her moved from the guest room to my bedroom so she'd be more comfortable and I could keep a closer eye on her. It's been very difficult to not crawl into the bed with her when I sleep but, not only is she injured, she hasn't met me yet. My wolf has been a whining mess since I found her because he doesn't care that she hasn't met me, he needs to comfort his mate. I lay beside her two days ago to help appease him but it only added fuel to the fire. I need to know her and soon. I only know her name from seeing her drivers' license for fuck sake. I raise her hand to my mouth and kiss it to help calm myself. It's so difficult to see her like this and not be able to do anything. If she was a werewolf then she would be able to sense my presence so it would actually help to hold her. But none of us have ever heard of a human mate before so no one knows what to do. My father promised to research more into it while I stayed bedside.

I stand up and stretch before pacing the room again. She's been unconscious for two weeks now and it's putting me on edge. Emily says she's improving much faster than is usual for a human but that doesn't ease my wolf at all. I sigh and look over at the sleeping angel feeling so useless. I'm just about to leave and go get some work done when something catches my eye. I look back and nothing seems to have changed. Did I imagine it? I step closer and keep my eye on her and then it happens again. She lifts her finger and my entire body tenses. Is she waking up or is it a twitch? I wait before getting my hopes up but before long all of her fingers are moving too and it looks like she's stretching her arms a little. I hold her hand lightly and start rubbing my thumb along her skin in the hopes she can feel that her mate is here. I keep seeing her slight movements as I raise her hand to my lips and gently press them to her hand. Her heart monitor spikes the second I do this and I can't help but laugh. She can definitely feel me.

"Emily! I think she's waking up. Come in, quickly." I shout for someone to come in. Emily generally stays close by when I'm visiting. I smile when it is her running in and rushing over to the bed.

"Would you mind giving me some room? I need to check her vitals." She says gently and I step back. My wolf whines but I shake it off. As excited as we both are at the prospect of movement, Emily needs to do her job. The heart monitor starts to speed up and my stomach sinks. I can't help but reach out and place my hand on her arm again as her heart rate continues to accelerate.

"No, stay back. I'm unsure if this is heart complications or..." Emily gently pushes me back as she silently mouths "a mate reaction." She's aware that she is stopping an Alpha from getting to his mate in their time of need but I understand. She lowers the bed while checking her temperature and knots her eyebrows in confusion. The heart monitor suddenly drops back to a normal rate and we both stare at it confused.

When I look back to the bed I realise she has opened her eyes. My heart starts to speed up now as she blinks quickly, adjusting to the light. She starts glancing around the room before looking at Emily and then moving her eyes onto me. They widen immediately and I know she feels the pull towards me. None of us were sure if the mate bond would work for a human but I can feel that it does. She feels something for me. We just simply stare at each other as I get lost in her icy blue eyes. I knew your mate was meant to be everything you ever wanted but I wasn't ready for how simply breath-taking she was, even injured. I can't help the smile that breaks out on my face as I begin to imagine finally having my mate to myself. Her monitor immediately speeds up again and I smirk. Oh yeah, this is definitely going both ways. Another spike makes Emily clear her throat and leave the room. I nearly forgot she was there for a second. I lick my lips as I imagine running my tongue down my mate's neck before marking her. She bites her lip nervously. My wolf lunges and I can't stop him this time.

"Mine." I basically growl. I need to calm down because, mate or not, she's human. I take a deep breath to slow my heart rate. Then I hear the door open again and Emily walk back in with a chart and a small silver flashlight.

"Am I interrupting?" She looks to me and raises an eyebrow.

Sophie's POV:

"Mine." His honey like voice graces my ears and something vibrates from deep in my stomach. Suddenly the door opens again and the older woman comes back in.

"Am I interrupting?" She looks at the man. He looks like he snaps out of some sort of trance and looks back at her.

"No, not at all. Come in." He clears his throat and steps further away. I let a slight whimper leave my mouth involuntarily but it's so quiet I think it went unnoticed. The woman sits on a stool beside me and smiles at me.

"Hello, my name is Emily. I'm a doctor and have been treating you since you came to us. Before we discuss what happened, can you tell me your name and age?" She says with a warm tone.

"My na-," my voice is hoarse and I'm suddenly aware of how dry my throat is. There is a glass beside me so I reach for it and take a slow sip. It gives me time to consider whether or not I should provide my real name. This didn't look like a hospital and I didn't know who these people were. I put down the glass. "My name is Jane. I'm 21." I only slightly lie. Emily scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Oh? Are you sure? Your license doesn't say Jane." She questions with a raised eyebrow. Shit. I didn't think they'd search my things. Definitely suspicious. I can feel the panic rise in my throat as the heart monitor jumps again. The man steps forward.

"You're not in danger here. We're just trying to see if you can remember who you are." His words calm me faster than expected and I immediately trust him.

"It's Sophie. Sophie Brant." I take a shaky breathe in and try to suppress any tears that might form. I rip my eyes away from the now worried man and back to Emily who gives me a sad smile in return.

"Good, that's good. Next I want to shine a light in your eyes if that's okay?" I nod as she lifts a small silver flashlight and examines both my eyes. As she does this, she clicks her fingers on either side of my face and I flinch slightly at the noise. "Reactions are all normal anyway. Sophie, do you remember what happened to you?" She asks while pulling out an arm band for blood pressure. She seems casual but the man steps even closer at this question. I can feel myself getting dizzier with every step he takes towards me. It's scrambling my brain and halting all logical thought processes.

"I was driving..." I look down at my hands and try to think without those green eyes staring at me but I have a blank. There are vague flashes but nothing solid. I look back at Emily who has started checking my blood pressure without me even noticing. "I'm moving to a new town and I was lost so I...the map fell and I reached for it and then...bang I guess. I must have hit something." I shake my head to try and bring something up but it's gone. "Did I hit someone?"

"No sweetie. No harm done." Emily smiles at me and then fills out something in her chart. "You were in a car crash just over two weeks ago and you've been unconscious." She raises her head to look at me curiously. "You were badly injured but you're..." she pursues her lips as if struggling to phrase the next part which makes me very nervous. "You're...well you're doing much better than I expected you to be. It's unusual." She furrows her eyebrows at me.

"Well that's good. So I can go home?" I say hopefully. The man snaps his head to Emily when I ask this.

"Steady. First things first, how are you feeling? We've eased up on the painkillers so you may be feeling a little tender." Emily raises her pen to her chart again.

"I guess I'm a little tender." I raise my left hand which has a cast on it. "This doesn't feel bad at all surprisingly. My leg is a little sore but okay and I have a slight headache. I'm sore but okay to go home." That isn't quite true. My leg is throbbing and I definitely have bad bruising on my stomach. But I want to leave. I have to get out of here because I don't know where I am or who this distracting man is but I have to get away from it all. Emily nods and writes in her chart before closing it and looking up at me smiling.

"All very promising. You've broken your wrist, cracked some ribs, had some stiches in your left leg and had a pretty bad bump to your head. Although healing well, I'd like to keep you for tonight at least just to make sure it stays that way and we can talk in the morning about going home." She turns in her stool to the man. "That sound okay with you Alf-" Emily coughs slightly. "Um sorry Alexander, that okay with you?" The man, Alexander, nods at Emily.

"Doctor's orders sound good to me Emily." Alexander looks at me. "You should get some rest, Sophie." He smiles at me and I swoon. My name coming out of his mouth sounds so sexy. I don't want rest. I want him to climb into this bed and soothe every ache with his tongue. My clothes suddenly feel thick and I have to press my legs together to control myself.

"Doctor's orders." I nod with shaky breath. "Yeah, sounds good. Rest." He smirks at me as I say this and it feels like he can read my mind somehow. I just stare back at him as he leaves the room. When the door shuts I scold myself for being so run away with my thoughts. This stranger has me cooped up somewhere and I want to rip his clothes off. He could be under orders. I can't wait until the morning. I need to run.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2M 248K 46
Charlotte has kept her wolf a secret her entire life. She knows she is the first born heir to an Alpha, but her mother refuses to tell her who her fa...
29.7K 858 50
Kathy lost her mate of over seventeen years in a rogue attack. After two years she, her mother and son relocate to a new pack hoping for a fresh star...
597K 23K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
64.1K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...