TWO REJCTS

By katpatro

2 best friends. After being separated for 5 long years , what will happen when she returns from her training... More

Prologue.
Bye.
Luna?
Hostility.
Lauries.
Fight.
Sorry.
Dinner.
Mateo?
Kat?
Anger.
Perfect.
Doctor Levi.
Saving me.
His room.
Phantom.
King Lucien.
402&403
Tension.
Kiss Her.
Mistletoe.
ROGUES.
Avron.
MINE
Sunset.
Love.
Bloodthorn.
Forever and always.
Bath.
Mark me.
Privately.
Date night.
Suffering.
The Slit.
Heat.
Sickness?
Little Alpha.
Doctors.
Epilogue.
Author Note

MIA.

8K 222 10
By katpatro

XANDER's POV.

I felt like absolute crap after having woken up. The doctor had informed me I was in a coma for 3 weeks because my wolf refused to heal me because he was hurting. I knew he was refusing to help me , I just didn't know I was out for so long.

He also explained how I managed to heal so quickly , all thanks to Katrina and her healing abilities , if she didn't I'd probably been in a coma for even longer.

I recalled the dream I had with her and the Moon Goddess , Artemis , which was also Katrina's wolfs name , but it made sense as to why. The goddess names our wolfs for a reason. Zeus , my wolf was named after the god of the sky. I didn't necessarily have any connection with the sky directly , but my wolf was the colour of it during the night.

Katrina had stayed with me for the whole day , she had managed to sneak in some McDonalds and chocolate cookies earlier which we munched on , while talking and laughing.

"Xander , about Charlotte." Katrina started.

"Mhh." Not really caring at the moment.

"She's missing." At this my ears peak up.

"Missing? Did someone take her?"

"No , she's gone MIA and taken all of her stuff with her and the safety box in your office , it's been opened and it's empty." She mumbled with a frown.

That box was sacred to me , it held all of my family and ancestor heirlooms , personal documents from the past Alpha's of my pack , a lot of saved money and a ring , the ring I wanted to give my mate when I asked her to marry me.

I growled in anger. It was all gone.

"What was in it?" She questioned hesitantly.

"Everything sacred to me." I gritted out.

"I've sent a search party out for her , but no one can seem to get anything on her , her scent has disappeared , I got your best trackers to try find her , I've even asked the elders for help , but nothing , nada , zilch." Katrina spat.

"You sent a search party out?" I questioned , did she step in as Alpha for me?

"Yeah I sorta made sure all your work was kept up to date so you wouldn't have to stress when you woke up , along with the Luna's work considering she wasn't present." She mumbled almost shyly and I couldn't help the pride that swelled within me.

"That means a lot to me Katherine." I whispered sincerely and her head snapped up at the use of name. In Greek it means pure , technically that is her name just sort of abbreviated longer. But her heart is pure , she is full of love and care for others and I couldn't help but call her it. I also know she knows what it means because my mother would teach the both of use all the name meanings in Greek. I was of Greek blood , but Katrina was simply interested in it.

She beamed at me showing me her pearly whites and I felt myself drawn to her lips like I have been before.

"We shall stop the search party for Charlotte , but instead I want to find my belongings she took , and I know how to , it'll be easier to find seeing as you can't hide belongings from a witch." I snapped out of my gaze.

"Alright , well I'll get that sorted for you , while you get some rest , despite being in a coma for 3 weeks I can tell you're exhausted , so sleep , I'll be back tomorrow." She smiled , before leaning over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight Alpha." She whispered.

"Goodnight Katherine."
-
-
-
The next morning , a nurse came in to give me my morning check up and disgusting hospital breakfast.

I own this place , and it serves this!

Before I could even begin eating , the door had bursted open revealing the one and only Luke Adams.

A nutcase.

"Well , well , well Alpha , nice to see you up and at it." He paused " eating"

I simply raised and eyebrow at his behaviour , we may be good friends but I'm not that close with him any more because of his relationship with Natalie and my Alpha title , it's distanced us.

Perhaps it would be nice to rekindle this bromance and actually have a male I can share stuff with.

"Anyway , how you feeling man?" He asked.

"I'm doing better , thanks to Katrina." I told him, eating the toast served on my plate.

"Katrina's been kicking butt around here , she's been making sure everyone's kept up on training , she's been up all day and night finishing your paperwork. Doing Luna duties seeing as our Luna is missing. I don't think that girl has slept since you was brought in here."

Hearing his words , brought a frown to my face. She hasn't been taking care of herself? All because I was in a coma and my pathetic excuse of a mate decided to up and leave. Katrina must feel so stressed out.

"She hasn't been sleeping?" I let my worry's rep through.

"No , and she's been drinking just to keep herself awake. I'm surprised you didn't smell it , she was up again last night and will probably be here soon , I saw her leave for town this morning while I was leaving."

Drinking?

"Thank you for telling me this Luke."

"Sure thing man."

"And Charlotte is no longer your Luna , Luke. So you do not have to call her yours." I stated firmly , making sure my point was across. She was no longer to be apart of this pack .

"What? Why?"

"She has stolen from her Alpha , she is not worthy of being this packs Luna , seeing as she is unfaithful and disrespectful towards everyone it seems."

I wasn't even angry anymore , angry yes that she stole from me and was disrespectful to my pack members , but any recognition of her being my mate , I couldn't care less.

"Oh." I could tell he was sad and angry at the thought of his Luna being gone and betraying us but we both knew it was for the best.

"So what are you going to do now?" He queried.

"As of now , I will inform the pack of what I have told you already about Charlotte , I will then rid of this rogue problem and then...then I will get my true Luna. The Luna this pack is worthy of having." I stated confidently.

"Do you have someone in mind to take the Luna position?"

"I do."

"Who is i-"

The door opened revealing Katrina's gorgeous face as she smiled softly at the two of us. Now that he had mentioned her lack of sleep , I noticed the dark bags under her eyes , the dullness in her skin and the lifeless look in her brown eyes , even when she wore a contact in one , which I hated her doing , her eyes still looked dead inside.

She was exhausted.

"Katrina" Luke piped up , meeting my eyes in a knowing way. He bowed his head and I wanted to growl out at him for making things kind of obvious. Katrina's eyebrows contoured in confusion before she met my eyes to which I just shrugged at his weird behaviour.

"Luke." She acknowledged him.

"Well I'll leave you two too it , but keep it PG." he ran out the room laughing while I growled in annoyance.

I'm going to kill you. I mind linked him.

You'll thank me some day.

Rolling my eyes , Katrina sat a bag full of food in front of me before going over to the window to open it up.

Thank the lord , it was getting stuffy in here.

"I didn't know if you had eaten yet , so I got you some stuff."

"I appreciate it , thank you" she turned around to smile. We once again chatted away as we both ate the food she bought. Once we was done I had to urge to go to the toilet , but have yet to practice moving or walking around , so I opted for help.

"Katherine , can you help me to the restroom?"

"Of course"

She swung my arm around her neck as she helped me stand , my legs felt a little weak for a moment before I got used to it , I felt kind of stupid as I leaned on her for support. But she didn't comment on it which I was thankful for.

I managed to do my business in private before slowly walking back out to the room , taking my time. I saw Katherine standing leading down from the window at the city below.

"You've got quite the fans Alpha." She chuckled quietly. Making my way over to stand next to her , seeing as I didn't want to sit anymore , but rather get used to walking again.

"What do you mean?" I learned down the window also to see what she was looking at , and there stood a crowd of pack members , outside of the hospital entrance with signs and gifts all with-

'Get well soon Alpha'

The sight made me smile and chuckle along with Katrina. I loved my pack.

Turning my attention back to Katrina and forcing her to face me by turning her shoulders , I grabbed a hold of her face to inspect her exhausted expression.

"You haven't been sleeping." I stated and it made her groan.

"Please don't scold me like everyone else has been." She whispered.

"Damn right they should tell you off , you haven't been taking care of yourself Katrina. And drinking ? Really? When have you been one to drink? " my voice slightly rose , but it was only because I was concerned.

"It's my business , not yours , so don't worry about how I decide to look after myself." She sassed at me.

Raising my eyebrows. Really?

"The hell it isn't my business , i am your Alpha! And you are the closest person I have in my life right now , so I'll be damned if you tell me it's not my business and that I shouldn't worry." My hands were still on her face , but she shoved them off walking a way from towards the bed to gather her things up.

I grabbed her arms and she tried to fight against me , but she seemed to be lacking energy. I managed to pin her arms against her side and bend down to her level on the bed. On my knees , lifted her chin with my index finger and watched her eyes close shut , not wanting to look at me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I whispered.

"I'm leaving. I'm not going to argue with you Xander."

Then a thought clicked.

"Since when do we argue?" I mumbled feeling ashamed we got to this point.

She opened her eyes and a single tear slid down her cheek , her eyes glistened and I could see the icy blue from beneath her brown contact lense.

"I'm worried , I'm stressed , I'm frustrated and I'm tired but I can't sleep X." She whimpered almost as if it pained her.

It pained me seeing her like this.

I sat beside her on the bed and pulled her onto my lap hugging her.

"Why can't you sleep love?" I felt as though I was pushing my luck , but she didn't seem to mind the comfort I was giving her so I continued.

"I'm scared I'll sleep and something will happen , I'll miss it and something could happen. I'm scared to feel that kind of guilt on my shoulders X." She whispered into my neck.

Placing a quick peck in her hair , where my head was buried I mumbled " No one is going to blame you for something like that , you'd never been at fault here for something like that. "

"No matter what you say , I don't think I'll be able to sleep until this is all over." She pulled pack to look at me , tears now gone.

"Perhaps we should get Doctor Levi to prescribe you something to help." I could already see her eyes dropping as she lay her head on my shoulder again , nodding her head in agreement.

I mind linked Levi to bring something , to which he came within 5 minutes ,during that time I lay Katrina down on the hospital bed , her fighting for her eyes to stay open , but as soon as Levi injected her , I watch her eyes shut and see her face fall into one of peace and bliss. I smiled at that.

She'll be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.6K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
466K 13.4K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
636K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
872K 32.6K 35
[COMPLETED] After Red found her mate, she was ecstatic, finally she gets to feel that love told only in stories, however everything quickly goes down...