Hope And Faith βœ“

By PlayerInTheRain

π‘»π’˜π’ π’„π’π’Žπ’‘π’π’†π’•π’†π’π’š π’…π’Šπ’‡π’‡π’†π’“π’†π’π’• π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’”, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’‚π’Žπ’† 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒆𝒍 π’˜π’π’“π’π’…. Hope Manche... More

Foreword
1. Hope
2. Faith
3. Hope
4. Faith
5. Hope
6. Faith
7. Hope
8. Faith
9. Hope
10. Faith
11. Hope
12. Faith
13. Hope
14. Faith
16. Faith
17. Hope
18. Faith
19. Hope
20. Faith
21. Hope
22. Faith
23. Faith
24. Hope
25. Hope
26. Faith
27. Hope
28. Faith
Epilogue.

15. Hope

53 13 12
By PlayerInTheRain

Author: What's one unbearable thing? That you'd never forgive anyone for doing?

Faith: Letting me go.

~Faith Jennings.

••

As I walked out of my house I couldn't help but feel giddy. I pulled my sweater over my t-shirt and walked with a bounce in my step. My wild brown hair was loose, wild and free.

I had never felt so happy about something in so long. It was like I was lighting a flame that had been blown out ages ago.

She had replied! I hadn't expected her to, but she had. I wanted desperately to believe she hadn't. . . And I was being stupid. But I wasn't!

But I had never felt so happy in a long time. It was like I had been so lonely. I had all the company in the world but honestly, I had no one.

I was going there prepared for anything. She was Faith Jennings, you had to expect the unexpected.

She had sent me an address. Nothing else. It was the name of a street, I had realised. I hadn't gone somewhere in so long that this felt almost like an adventure!

And I couldn't wait.

I hailed a taxi, it was the first time I was going in one without knowing my destination. I guess my so-called fabulous life was filled with beauty pageants, movie nights and hangouts. Nothing out of proportion. But here I was running around trying to act like I was as cool as ice. I was dancing inside.

I looked out the window enjoying the view. I hadn't seen this part of town before and I stared in awe. Most of the houses looked old with bright red bricks and grey roofs. It was a repeat house after house but it looked beautiful.

I was going to college a few months from now and I hadn't been anywhere in my hometown. Literally.

When the car pulled over the grumpy driver had grumbled words that I considered incoherent. I pulled out the money from my wallet and handed it to him, making sure to give him a bulky tip.

I exited the taxi and watched it drive away. I smiled for completely no reason. I pocketed my wallet.

"You know, it's only insane people that smile for no reason," the sarcastic voice made my eyes widen. I turned to look at her.

She looked so carefree like she was home. I envied her wavy blonde hair as it looked so straight and tamed. Why couldn't my hair be like that? She wore a grey hoodie with black skinny jeans and a pair of Nike sports shoes. From her iPods she had plugged into her ears she was listening to music.

I smiled. "It's not. It's insane people that have no reason to smile at all," she looked at me sarcastically and rolled her eyes.

We had gone over this. No more asking where she had been, she wasn't going to tell me anyway.

I was just happy she was here.

I guess you could say I didn't have anyone to talk to at the moment. Sabrina was, for some reason, still upset with me. I didn't know why but Georgia wouldn't talk to me.

I hadn't attended yesterday's gathering so I was an outcast. Stupid.

Now I had taken the time to admire my surroundings. It was well, the average part of town. Just then had I realised how far I was from home. It was a typical scene where you could find kids playing around together while their parents watched them while taking a drink and talking to each other. They seemed like a tight-knit community. Most houses were painted a dull shade of white while others were light blue. Faith was leaning against a white fence, the owner was an old lady who was gardening. She glanced at us now and then but I was not sure she even-minded.

"Alright rabbit. Let's get going." She pushed herself off the fence and took off her iPods. I gasped.

"I'm not a rab-"

"Talkative, we need to get going!" She ignored me and walked away. I tried to hold back my tongue. I guess she was okay today but something about her said otherwise.

She didn't seem as carefree as normal. She was a bit tense like she was constantly checking behind her back.

I acted like I didn't notice.

"Where are we going?" I added her trying to catch up with her. She was taller than me and if that wasn't bad enough she was walking too fast.

"The chill-out zone,"

"A club?"

"If you say another word I'll shove a log down your throat."

"You wouldn't be able to carry it, dummy," I grinned and she turned back to glare at me.

"Do you ever stop talking?" We were still walking, Further down the street. We were walking near the trees I had noticed.

"Do you ever stop being irritated?" I replied.

"Do you ever stop being annoying?" She countered. Our back and forth were well, one of a kind. I missed them these past few days.

"Nah. I don't,"

"Exactly." I wasn't satisfied. She had managed to shift my attention away from the matter at hand, she had completely distracted me.

Just amazing.

I watched her as she paused. Then she turned to me. "Are you scared of the woods?"

I stared at her dumbly. I was probably embarrassing myself now. "Um, no? Should I be? I mean, people get killed in woods and-" she didn't wait for my rant to finish before she started making her way into the woods, walking past the trees.

Flying lemurs! I cursed. She could have just said she wasn't in the mood to talk. But me being me dumbly ran after her.

••

"Wow," was the first word that had left my lips. I had paused to catch my breath but she had asked me to look up instead.

I carefully walked away from the rocky parts and was satisfied when my sandals were buried in the sand. Faith copied my actions.

It was a lake. It was like it sparkled under the sun. The scene was beautiful. I wanted to grab my phone to snap it but I settled for enjoying the view.

I took and breath in and sighed.

"It's pretty isn't it?" When she saw me nod she continued, "my brother, Hugo told me about this place. He said it was peaceful." It was, and stunning. Garrett was a nerd for photography. He would probably slap me upside the head for not taking a picture for him.

That's if he's not even been here.

As much as I loved this all I knew I wasn't here for this. I also knew I wasn't here for her to kill me either. Faith wouldn't go through all this trouble. She'd probably just push me off a cliff. But she had brought me to a lake. Not a cliff.

"Why am I here, Faith?" I turned to look at her. There was a disturbed look on her face that I wanted to wash off with lake water.

She pressed her lips in a thin line. "Nothing really. I just wanted to share the scenery," her lie wasn't getting her anywhere. I bite my lips.

Why was she lying to me?

"That's a lie, we both know that," I wasn't looking at her now. I was staring at the lake. I just wanted to take off my sandals and put my feet into the water.

She was stubborn. I'd be surprised if she would tell me. But then again I was proved wrong.

"I don't always shut you out. At least not intentionally," she spoke and I tore my eyes away from the lake to look at her. The cool wind made my hair fly and I licked my lips. I was glad I wore a sweater.

"I don't walk away. I don't mean to, it's just like a coping mechanism. I don't know when I'm doing it sometimes, I mean, it could be just ignoring your messages. I don't know, Hope.

You know? I felt terrible when I read that. I thought that. . . The one thing I relied on was hurting me and you. I'm not used to opening up or meeting new people," she looked at me in the eye. "Or getting touched. I hate it honestly. I'm not used to any of this and no secrets? I- can't promise you that. Or anything. I just-" she stopped herself.

I played with the hem of my sweater. She was talking about her feelings. I wasn't going to be the cut her off. Now yet at least.

"Yeah, I realised. I'm not perfect either," I chuckled. "I'm going to tell you something and I promise you're going to think I'm bonkers and telling you." She raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?" She asked me then walked towards me. I watched her take off her sports shoes. She was barefooted.

"When I first saw you, you were with Jacob. I thought you were perfect. No flaws, nothing," I watched a ghost of a smile appear on her lips. "Look how that's gone?"

She crossed her arms. "It's gone from me punching a perverted asshole to us being here." I smiled at her then her eyes widened like she remembered something important. "Oh yeah, talking about that idiot. Have you talked to him?" My silence made her grin. "You're still ignoring him?! No fucking way-"

"Shut up!" My cheeks burned as she looked at me amused. Something told me I would end up barefoot and playing in the lake.

"I can't shut up, Manchester! You broke up with a boyfriend who doesn't know you broke up with him?!" She threw her hands in the air. "What happened to my idea? Punch then greet?" I narrowed my eyes at her, still embarrassed.

"First, that's a stupid idea. I'm not getting sued for assault and ruining my perfect record," she rolled her eyes dramatically. "Also, it's been harder than I thought!"

"Or ignoring him has been easier? I don't even care anymore. I'm just going to let you screw up and watch the result with popcorn." I huffed and pushed her. A bit too hard. She lost her balance and fell on her butt.

The look of surprise on her face made me burst out laughing. She shook her head. "You little-" she grabbed my ankle and pulled me making me join her.

Several tackles and pushes later I laughed and gave up. We both lay on the sand looking at the sky. It was bright blue today. Really pretty.

From time to time it got windy but I didn't care. We didn't talk. But the silence was comfortable. Then I broke it.

"I want to know what it feels like to have a real friend," she turned to me giving me her full attention. "And you need company." I shot her a smile.

She shut her eyes. Her head was rested on her arms, she looked so comfortable in her position.

"Are you indirectly asking me out Hope Manchester?"

"Wha-"

"Listen, Hope, I'm into big things. You don't play it coy. You come out straight with me. Manchester. And besides, you have to be rich."

"What are you-"

"And I hate to break it to you, but you're just not my type." She looked at me. I was so embarrassed.

I looked away, even though I didn't hear her laugh I knew she was amused.

She had terrible mood swings, she could go from happy to upset and playful to depressed in a snap of a finger.

It was going to be one heck of a journey. Especially dealing with her.

After a few seconds, I finally heard Faith say; "Friends?"

I bit my lips in excitement. "Friends."

••

You're welcome for updating!

Lol, I have no idea why this chapter was so hard to write but it's been written!

Also, y'all finished my KitKat's so here. Have a doughnut!

Bye! Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts by commenting!

Have a great day/night!

~Mimi x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 3.7K 61
[The Wattys 2021 Shortlisted Finalist] One case, two detectives, three friends, and a thousand emotions. Sometimes nothing is a coincidence, but th...
1.2K 154 37
~completed~ "She drew with the colored pencils even though the only thing in her brain was a blank page. She wanted everybody to believe that she was...
134K 14.4K 43
In the late nineties asexuality is all but ignored as an orientation. Jess doesn't understand her complex array of emotions or why she finds it so ha...
438 65 11
"All that you were my love,the waves I desperately held onto,vulnerable Watching the bits of you,elude Into yourself you did,my pain Washed,but what...