The year that changed it all

By sytherin30

Part 2 of 'It all started on the Train' Its now the fifth year. Harry and Draco get a lot of obstacles thrown... More

Summer
Reuniting
Healed
Love bites and a New teacher
It's back!
Quidditch and Dobby
DA and the Nightmare
The day after
Just hold me?
Dumbledore and the Potions test
Lunch at the Burrow
The Dark Mark
I really can't get rid of it
Dumbledore's Death
What have I done
Just an update sorry but important
The Malfoy Manor and Dobby
Room of Requirements and The forest
The final Battle
Teddy
Sleepy time
Breakfast, Diagon Alley, and the Burrow
Harry's Birthday
Last First Day
Early lunch
Leading up to the surprise
The big surprise
Last Names
Classes
Christmas eve with Teddy
Christmas at the Burrow
Andromeda
Teddy's friend
Visions
Monsters
sleepy bois
Overhearing and chocolate?
Yummy chocolates and a fun time
New house
Married at last
Nightmares and Dreams from the war
Teddy's fifth birthday
Sick days

Easter

368 11 10
By sytherin30

Draco's POV

-----------------

It was now the easter holiday and Teddy is arriving today. Andromeda is dropping him off by the floo that is in Mcgonagal's office. He is staying with us for four days since that is how long our holiday is. We wanted to spend as much time together as a family as we could.

Harry and I walked hand in hand to Mcgonagall's office, ready to see our little boy again after what feels like forever but was only actually three months. We opened the door to her office and I heard a squeal before something ran into the two of us. It was our son.

"I missed you guys!" Teddy whisper shouted into both our shoulders since we were crouching down to his level and he was facing the middle of us.

"We missed you too!" Harry said and I kissed the top of Teddy's head.

We stayed there Hugging for a minute or two. I could see Mcgonagall. She had a smile on her face and her hands held each other in front of her. Her eyes looked almost as if they had happy tears in them but it might have just been the candle light reflecting off her glasses.

Once we let go out of the hug, I noticed Teddy did indeed have tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry, my Prince!" I chuckled and he laughed back while Harry wiped his tears away.

"I'm just so happy to see you both again!" He said back through laughing tears.

Harry decided to try and change the topic and suggested we go and put Teddy's stuff away in our room and then we can take him on a tour of the school. Teddy liked that idea. So the three of us walked hand in hand back to mine and Harry's room.

"So you teach in here Daddy?" Teddy said in awe as he looked around the DADA classroom.

"Yep!" Harry said back and took a quick glance at me. It was very cute how impressed Teddy was by just a classroom.

"And did you know, when Harry and I were in our third year at Hogwarts, your real Dad taught in this classroom." I said to Teddy and his eyes opened even wider if that was even possible.

Harry and I didn't get jealous at all when we talked about Remus or Tonks because we know that they are Teddy's birth parents. We deeply admire their bravery and courage and I know they helped Harry a lot before they died and so we feel happy to tell Teddy about them. In other words, there were no hard feelings.

Anyways, after we got Teddy's stuff all unpacked into our room, we asked him where he wanted to go first. Of course, with all the stories he has heard from Harry, he wanted to go and see Hagrid.

We walked out of the castle and down the uneven stone steps to Hagrid's Hut. A route Harry has taken probably more than any other student at this school. Teddy was holding one of each of our hands and every few steps we took, Harry and I would swing him up in the air just like we did that time at Diagon Alley when we went Christmas Shopping.

As we neared Hagrid's Hut, he seemed to notice us coming and he came out of his house to greet us. Probably due to the sheer size of him, Hagrid didn't seem to notice Teddy and Teddy had also lightly hid behind my leg now after he saw how tall Hagrid really is.

"Ello Harry, Draco." He said with a smile and we smiled back.

"Oh, what's that I see?" Hagrid asked when he could see tufts of blue hair behind my leg, blowing in the spring air.

Slowly Teddy stepped out from behind me.

"H-hi, I'm Teddy." He said and his hair turned to a dull blue, showing he was nervous and I think Hagrid got the hint too.

"Ello Teddy, I'm Hagrid." The half giant said and Teddy gave a shy smile and his hair was slowly going back to it's vibrant blue.

"Harry and Draco have told me about you! You seem lovely. Maybe later I can show you my dragon." Hagrid said and winked at Teddy. As he mentioned the dragon Teddy had forgotten what he was feeling before and now a big smile plastered across his face.

"Dragon? Hagrid, you have another Norbert?!" Harry said as if he was about to faint from shock.

"Dragon? Did I say anything about a dragon?" He said back and had a cheeky smile on his face.

Clearly something had happened with that dragon I saw the trio and Hagrid with in first year.

"Anyways, nice seeing you but we must be off, we haven't eaten breakfast yet." I said and Hagrid waved as we walked away.

Once we reached the castle again, we were again walking with Harry and I on either side of Teddy, holding his hands. Teddy still seemed a bit nervous. I understand, he is in a new place filled with people who are much older than him and he only knows a few of them.

"Do you want to eat breakfast in the Great Hall or in our room? We don't mind either way, it's your choice." Harry said to Teddy.

"Hmm, I think in the Great Hall?" Teddy answered slightly like a question.

Teddy then looked up at me and his hair turned the same platinum blonde as mine was. He didn't have much control over his abilities yet, they more so changed depending on his mood or thoughts. When his hair changed into mine or Harry's colour, it usually meant he wanted us to carry him. So that's what I did. I bent down so he could climb onto my back. He put his arms around my neck but not too tightly and I held his legs under my arms. After he got comfy on my back and we started walking again, I felt him hug me and he rested the side of his face on my shoulder.

Once we got to the Great Hall, the doors were already open because it was now late breakfast and mostly everyone was or had eaten. As we stepped into the hall, almost all of the people in there turned to look at us. When they did, I could feel Teddy sink down into my back before slowly raising his face above my shoulder.

"H-hi, I'm Teddy." He said in a shy but cheerful voice, just like how he said it to Hagrid.

Suddenly I heard a collection of whispers coming from around the room.

"Awww"

"So cute!"

"Adorable"

"Why's he with Harry and Draco?"

"Hi!"

"Hello!"

The Great Hall had never been so loud with whispers and greetings. I let Teddy down from my back and he held Harry's hand.

"Where do you want to sit, darling?" I asked him. It didn't matter what table we sit at because the houses were allowed to mix for breakfasts and lunches.

I was expecting Teddy to point at the Gryffindor or Slytherin table but much to mine and Harry's surprise, he pointed at the table that had students at it mostly in yellow robes and a badger flag hanging above it. Harry and I internally chuckled and then smiled at each other before Teddy had skipped off over to the table to join the Hufflepuffs and a few Ravenclaws.

We sat down at the table and I wasn't surprised when we only got positive reactions from the students surrounding us. They started to talk to Teddy about god knows what while Harry and I piled his plate up with his favourite breakfast foods. Teddy seemed to be enjoying himself and that was what mattered at that moment. Harry and I also enjoyed ourselves because the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws were almost like babysitters so Harry and I could talk about our own stuff.

"Did you know, I'm gonna come to this school when I'm older." I heard Teddy say to the students around the table.

"I think he will be sorted into Hufflepuff."

"I think he will definitely be in Ravenclaw."

"What about Gryffindor?"

"Yea he's definitely not gonna be in Slytherin."

I could hear people making predictions on what house he will be in. Personally I think he will either be in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I don't think Slytherin because... just no. I also don't think Gryffindor, because although he has a pure and caring heart, he doesn't have much confidence and he needs to feel safe by someone else a lot. He is very social and caring like a Hufflepuff but he is also smart like a Ravenclaw. I mean he is only two, almost three years old and he can already talk like a proper person and he can read and write quite well for his age.

Harry looked at me and we both quietly chuckled at the talk going on around us about our son. Speaking of that, the only people at Hogwarts who knew he was our son were Professor Mcgonagall and Hagrid. I make a mental note to ask Harry and Teddy later when they want to tell people and who we should tell.

After Teddy, Harry, and I had finished eating we headed out of the Great Hall. Behind us you could hear sounds of disappointment as we had taken Teddy away from them. They all seem to like him a lot.

"Where would you like to go now?" I asked Teddy as he skipped through the halls holding our hands.

"Hmmm, I want to see your favourite place in the whole school!" Teddy said happily.

Harry and I didn't even have to say anything, we just looked at each other and then headed outside of the castle. We lead Teddy to our special place by the black lake. It felt nice, last time Harry and I had been here it was just us two but now we are here as a family. Teddy really liked it and he tried climbing a tree nearby. He was doing quite well, well that was until he slipped and fell. He was fine though, he just got a little scratch. Harry and I don't want to be those overly protective parents because then the child never learns or gets any freedom. So as much as it worried us to see him get hurt, we resisted the urge to take him away from the tree. He was fine anyways, he got up from the floor smiling and came skipping over to us.

"Did you see that! I was so high up!" Teddy beamed as he sat in the middle of the two of us.

"Yeah! But just be careful." Harry said, but not in a stern way, more playfully.

After about an hour we decided to go back to the castle. As we were walking back, Teddy stopped and pointed at something.

"Dad! Daddy! Can we go over there?" Teddy said, getting excited.

"Uhm, sure!" I said to him.

We changed our route. We were now walking towards the quidditch field, Harry was holding my hand and Teddy ran ahead of us, squealing excitedly.

I was a bit wary because I didn't know if there would be quidditch practice today, but hopefully there isn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 18K 25
Harry is abused by the Dursleys, so Sirius and Remus come to stay with him in Hogwarts to make sure he's okay. He starts a secret friendship with Dr...
264K 6K 54
It is one year after Voldemort is defeated. Headmistress Mcgonagall invites students with unfinished educations to return if they would like. They wi...
12.2K 375 33
Dramione Story No Hate Plz. Can they overcome all they've suffered? Has anything changed. Can they learn to get along, and maybe be something more? F...
140K 3.8K 13
Harry Potter was returning to Hogwarts to complete his seventh year. But so was Draco Malfoy. What will happen when the boys are forced to share a ro...