RusCan: Snowy Relationships

By officialameliamoon

RusCan: Snowy Relationships: a similarity between Russia and Canada? Their climates? It snows? They're big na... More

Chapter 1: Beginning
Chapter 2: Comrade
Chapter 3: Relief
Chapter 4: Sibling
Chapter 5: Blessé
Chapter 6: Douleur
Chapter 7: Surprise?
Chapter 8: "Camarade"
Chapter 9: Teddy Bear
Chapter 10: Punition
Chapter 11: Special
Chapter 12: Snowstorm
Chapter 13: водка
Chapter 14: Tournesol
Chapter 15: Visitors
Chapter 16: Hockey
Chapter 17: Winners or Losers
Chapter 18: Gagner la Confiance
Chapter 19: tireur isolé
Chapter 20: Jealousy
Chapter 22: Home Free
Chapter 23: кровавый снег
Chapter 24: Sans Sommeil
Chapter 25: gâteau
Chapter 26: сердце
Chapter 27: Heureux, pas triste
Chapter 28: Cauchemar
Chapter 29: Enfoncer
Chapter 30: защита
Chapter 31: Understanding
Chapter 32: Go Home
Chapter 33: Mignon
Chapter 34: обучение
Chapter 35: Любовь?
Chapter 36: shy
Chapter 37: я поступил
Chapter 38: .. Comme quelqu'un l'a déjà ...
Chapter 39: The God France?
Chapter 40: Sleep over?
Chapter 41: Oh... The Dress
Chapter 42: Joyeux anniversaire Canada
Chapter 43: My Little Sunflower
Sequel Preview
Author note

Chapter 21: Glace

5.3K 191 146
By officialameliamoon

This story was influenced by "Giving In" by Artificial

Chapter 21: Glace

"You're jealous." England said while he worked on some paperwork. America paused his video game and looked at the Brit.

"Jealous? Jealous of what? !" America protested. "Of Russia? ! I would never! I rather be dead!"

"Don't yell." England said calmly and looked up from his work. "And maybe not of Russia but you're jealous that Matthew is actually getting along with him."

"I am not!"

"Sabotage. Now why would you want to sabotage any friendship the two have huh?"

"B-Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I know- and you should know too!- that Russia could easily hurt Mattie!"

"He hasn't yet."

"That doesn't mean he wouldn't!" America said and turned back to his game. England signed.

"You have no right to get involved Alfred."

"Don't lecture me like I'm a child!" America snapped at him. "And I have every right, he's my little brother."

England stopped his paper work, now you're being more selfish then reasonable. "He is my brother too you know. And he may be your little brother but that doesn't mean you can just get into his life like that. He's his own person, it's his decision."

"You won't be saying that when you find him dead." America said.

"I know that's not the reason Alfred."

"Just shut up. I'm trying to play a game." America said with a tone. "Don't lecture me again England." He gave a glare to the Brit before going back to his video game. England got a depressing look.

"I wasn't." He said and went back to his look. "Don't use that tone with me again." Now, it was all tense.

Russia left the Canadian alone for the day, he got the hint the boy wanted some alone time. He spent the most of the day in his room, he didn't have anything to do though, he finished any country work he had to do. He decided to learn a bit about the Canadian's country instead. He grabbed the book he had purchased from that market and decided to read a bit. There was a lot he didn't know about the country, he ended up learning quite a bit. Russia was the biggest country in the world, Canada was the second, though he always saw the boy as short, he was probably taller then America. He found out more on Canada's climate, it wasn't snowy all year round like he first though, at least in some places. He read on the wars, which wasn't that many but every single one involved either England or France, or both, then once in 1812 against America.

He had to stop and reread the passage to make sure he was reading it right. America invaded Canada in 1812 to gain territory and Canada actually defeated America? He reread it a third and a forth time, he had sold the boy short, he would of never guessed that. Looks like you learn something knew everyday eh?

He saw how late Canada got full independence too, which he wondered about. There was a big section about the environment in there too, what a tree hugger, he thought. Theater was a big thing apparently, Canada himself must of liked it, one thing they actually had in common other then climate. Free healthcare and 99% of Canadians were fully educated, the boy was doing better then himself! And of course, there was an even bigger section on hockey, which was understandable. He looked at holidays and some food they had, there was a big paragraph on maple trees and syrup too, figures.

Russia finished the book and thought to remember one date in the back of his mind, July 1st, which would be the boy's birthday. If it got to the point where they were actually be friends, he could at least wish the boy a happy birthday, the date was close too. If he didn't screw it up, he could wait that long, and he didn't want to screw it up; he actually liked talking to that boy.

Russia felt that Canada could understand if Russia talked about things, private things or things he couldn't even talk to Ukraine about. It sounded crazy when he thought about it but he thought he was actually starting to like and even care about that boy, but, that couldn't be right, not at all, not for him....Right?

Russia shook his head at the thought, that was impossible, he wouldn't care about anything, especially Canada. Russia put the book back under his pillow, he didn't want anyone to know he took an interest, and went to peek on the Canadian, it was almost dinner time and he wanted to see if he was okay. He knocked on the door before entering like always, "Matvey? Are you in there?" Silence. "Matvey?" He tried to open the door a bit but the door wouldn't budge, it wasn't locked either, something was blocking it.

Russia put more effort into it and started to open the door. He opened it a crack and managed to get in. The room looked empty, but then he heard a moan. He looked down to see the Canadian sitting against the door with his eyes closed. "Matvey?" Russia asked, this was strange. He bent down to the boy and shook his shoulder a bit. "Matvey?" Still no answer from the boy, not even a moan. He shook him again, something wasn't right, Canada was pale. "Matvey? Matthew!" He yelled and the boy jumped awake.

"Ne me blesse pas à nouveau!" Canada squealed and breathed heavy.

"M-Matvey? Are you alright?" Russia asked. Canada shook his head and caught his breath.

"Y-Yeah."

"Did you fall asleep here?"

"I-I guess I did." Canada rubbed his eyes a bit. "What time is it?"

"About five. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." Canada started to get up, almost falling back down because he wasn't fully awake, and Russia ended up bringing the Canadian to his feet. Canada stretched a bit, the floor and wall were not comfortable at all. "So um. Did I miss anything?"

"Food." Kumajirou peeked in. The two nations looked at the bear. "Hungry." Canada gave a little smile and picked up the bear.

"Then I guess I should feed you huh?" Canada said. Kumajirou gave a big nod. "Alright. Eatin' time."

"Do you want me to make dinner?" Russia offered.

"Mattie! Russia!" America called before running in.

"W-What?" Canada blinked.

"I thought of an idea! Can we go sledding? !" America smiled wide.

"It's pretty late Al."

"Night sledding!" America laughed. "It ain't dark yet either! Come onnn. I saw this huge hill just a block away." Canada looked toward Russia.

"You up for it?" He asked. Russia wasn't really up to sledding, he wasn't a fan of it, it was for children. But, he agreed and gave a nod. "Okay Al. We'll go-but did England agree?"

"Yup and I already got England all dressed for the snow too~"

"What did you do to him?" Russia asked.

"Let's just say he can't really move with all the fluffy jackets and crap I put on him."

"Oh poor England." Canada noted.

Canada gave Kumajirou a few seal rolls before getting dressed up for the snow, it snowed over night and it was very cold outside. Canada usually loved the snow but since Winter was around, the snow only make him shiver with cold and fear. But he got a jacket on, a knit had and gloves before joining the others. England had got out of America's ridiculous snow suit and simply put a jacket on, a heavy one too; the poor Brit wasn't used to all the snow and cold. Russia has a black jacket that looked like the one he usually had on, along with his scarf like always. America put on a sweatshirt and a coat, clearly not caring if he got cold or not.

The four walked out, Kumajirou wanted to stay home but Canada didn't trust the bear home alone and so he brought the poor bear along. He grabbed some sleds out of the garage and gave one to each, Russia didn't take one though, he didn't plan to go sledding. They walked over to the hill, America ended up running ahead as England ended up falling behind as they climbed through the snow. America ran ahead up the hill and sat there like he was king of the mountain and waited for the others. Canada followed up second, Russia behind him, and England coming up behind.

They stood at the top waiting for the Brit to hurry his ass up and get there. Once he finally did make it up, America tripped him and he fell into the sled. After that, after a running start, he pushed the Brit down the hill at full speed until he crashed into a snow pile. Canada stood there with wide eyes as Russia stood there confused while America stood there laughing.

England slowly got out of the snow pile, his head got stuck in it, and fell backwards after he did. America smiled and jumped on his sled. "Al. What are you doing?" Canada asked. America gave a devilish smirk.

"Mattie. You know I snowboard!" America jumped back and got a running start, then jumped back onto the sled and slid down the hill laughing. Canada stood there shaking his head at his crazy brother's actions then realized America was heading right towards Britain. England quickly jumped out of the way as America slid into the snow pile. He fell into it but laughed. "That was awesome! Hahaha!" England sat there panicked, he could of run England over for Pete's sake! England made a snow ball and threw it at the American then sat there with his arms crossed. America smirked and threw one that was triple the size England threw and slammed it on the Brit's head, covering him in it. Canada decided to take a seat on his sled and put Kumajirou on with him.

"Want me to push you?" Russia joked. Canada giggled a bit.

"Could you please?" He smiled. That damn smile again, Russia loved to see that smile now, he could of even felt butterflies in his stomach, but that must have been his imagination. Russia put his foot on the back of the sled. "You're actually going to push me?"

"I don't see why not." Russia said. "Just don't flip over and crash da?"

"Alright." Canada said and hung onto the sled and Kumajirou. Russia pushed the boy off with his foot and he went flying down the hill, all that from his foot too.

Canada slid into the snow pile too, but protected Kumajirou against it because he knew the bear would be crushed by the heavy snow. Russia smiled and walked down the hill to the others. England and America were in the middle of an epic snowball fight as Canada got up off the sled.

That's where things mess up yet again.

America tried to make another snowball until he fell backwards and into Canada. Canada dropped Kumajirou and fell backwards too. Instead of falling into the snow and sitting there like America, he fell back and slid, he was on ice.

"Mat don't move!" America yelled. He quickly got up and started running to get his little brother until Russia stopped him.

"You go on the ice and you will end up breaking it. The ice is thin, it's not cold enough for it to be thick." Russia said.

"We need to get him off it!"

"Not like that." Russia looked toward Canada. "Canada slowly get up, put even weight on your legs alright?"

"Easier said then done." Canada said, he was scared now. He fell through ice before, it wasn't fun, he barely survived the first time when he was little, he didn't want to fall through again. Canada tried getting up though, carefully making sure he was putting even weight down, hearing the ice crack at some places.

"England. You're light weight. Step on the ice and try to grab Canada's hand okay?" Russia said. England first hesitated but carefully stepped onto the ice.

"That's a bad idea." America said.

"Have you been on ice before America?" Russia said with a tone, America shook his head. "Then you don't know what to do. Shut up." America was silent after that.

England slowly and carefully stepped more onto the ice as Canada tried to keep even weight down. England slowly reached out his hand as Canada tried reaching for England's. They got closer, England could almost touch the boy's fingers as he slowly slid on more. Just then, the ice cracked and Canada fell through.

"Mat!" America yelled. Russia got the urge to jump on and grab the boy out but that would only but him and England at the risk now. England acted fast though and he quickly slid over and reached in to grab Canada. He couldn't see him at first until Canada swam back up and tried to get up. He gasped for air and England quickly grabbed his hand and started to pull him out, the ice started cracking under him now too.

"Hurry up!" Russia called, his concern grew more as Canada was pulled out. England finally pulled the boy out and started bringing him back to land. Canada shivered and shook, his lips were practically blue, as well as his face. England helped him on and Russia quickly took his jacket off and put it on Canada. He then grabbed him and tried to warm him up. "Are you alright?"

"Merde that's cold!" He gasped. "Shit!" Russia grabbed onto him more, almost like a hug, and tried to use his body heat to warm the boy.

"You're out of it now." Russia said. "You're okay." He tried comforting the clearly scared boy, he wouldn't stop shaking.

Just then America realized it. Russia wasn't a threat to Canada at all, he actually cared for him. He got a mixed feeling of depression and shame as he looked away from the two, he had to stop getting involved. England was right, his jealousy and selfishness took over.

Russia took the boy home, he ended up carrying him on his back to get back quick. After that, Canada changed out of the wet clothes and got into warm dry ones. Russia then peeked in and wrapped a blanket around him. Canada wasn't blue anymore but he still shook a bit. "Are you alright?" Russia asked.

"Y-Yea. I'm fine." Canada said and snuggled into the blanket more. "That wasn't the first time I fell through ice."

"It's terrible isn't it?" Russia said.

"Yeah." He agreed.

"It's like a thousand knifes stabbing you all over your body."

"That is completely accurate." Canada said. "You've fallen through?"

"Da. Multiple times." Russia said. "Just keep warm da?"

"Okay." Canada said. Russia put the blanket on the boy more.

"I'll get you something hot to drink. Hot chocolate?"

"Yes please."

"Alright. Stay put." Russia said before leaving.

Kumajirou jumped onto the bed with Canada and snuggled up to the Canadian, he was worried about his owner again. "I'm fine Kuma." He said.

"Stupid hamburger boy." Kumajirou said.

"It was an accident. It wasn't his fault." Canada said.

If anyone is to blame, it's Winter's fault.

OOOOOthank you~

First off, this is influenced by "Giving In" By Artificial. We did talk it over and the author has given me permission to start it like this.

I do not own the characters used in this nor do I own the anime they come from.

Soooo yeah~. I added a little thing about the country of Canadia-

But yeah~ So Russia's getting to the point where he's realizing he liked Canada but he doesn't want to accept it, cause he's Russia and Russia don't care bout anything (except Vodka and sunflowers, and his sisters apparently, or just Ukraine...)

So America screwed up again. Pff. America baka!

Translations:

Russian:

Da: Yes

French:

Glace: ice

Ne me blesse pas à nouveau!: Don't hurt me again!

Merde: Shit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8.6K 28
Alfred, who has been told to shut up and grow up all his life, fears the scary and powerful Ivan. But to prove he is strong and to protect his friend...
25.4K 629 18
two country's that have a few things in common. one is feared to the point were no one talks to him and the other is forgotten or mistaken for his br...
183K 7.2K 28
The Cold War left Russia and America on bad terms, but it's been years now, is it possible for them to become friends? Bonding over their troubled pa...
6.4K 245 11
Years after a high school incident that left Matthew Williams, amnesiac, Ivan Braginsky fatefully encounters him in hopes of rekindling a long, lost...