The rightful Luna

By TURTUREL

* 'I-I am sorry your highness I touched ...!' She was trying to apologize, but she fell silent as she could n... More

Chapter 1. Family ties
Chapter 2. Fit to be the Luna
Chapter 3. Meeting at the ball
Chapter 4. Change of plans
Chapter 5. The Seer
Chapter 6. One person two wolves
Chapter 7. Double ranked werewolf
Chapter 8. The Alpha of the new watchers
Chapter 9. The rightful Luna
Extra. Rayan's POV
Chapter 10. Loving sister
Chapter 11. One mate for life
Chapter 12. A brief encounter
Chapter 13. Beginning of classes
Chapter 14. The king of all werewolves
Chapter 15. Introductions and a day off
EXTRA. A day in the Council's life
Chapter 16. Detention and baseless rumors
Chapter 17. Winter magic
Chapter 18. Firsthand experience
Chapter 19. The hunters who cried wolf
EXTRA. Salas's POV
Chapter 20. How to break a stone heart
Chapter 21. Unbearable pain
Chapter 22. Unavoidable circumstances
Chapter 23. Living under the same roof
Chapter 25. A light blue rose
EXTRA. Salas's POV
Chapter 26. A convenient person
Chapter 27. A feather like kiss
EXTRA. The art of a shameless man
Chapter 28. A shameless man
Chapter 29. You are the reason
Chapter 30. His highness's date
Chapter 31. Battle royale
Chapter 32. She is mine
Chapter 33. Real feelings
Chapter 34. Blood transfusion
Chapter 35. The only mate
Chapter 36. Unconditional trust
Chapter 37. Unmarked mate
Chapter 38. Unexpected guests
Chapter 39. Yearning for a family
Chapter 40. Returning to the Academy
Chapter 41. A tamed wolf
Chapter 42. The informant
Chapter 43. The solution
Chapter 44. Unspoken love
Chapter 45. The weakness of the strongest werewolf
Chapter 46. A werewolf's hybrid child
Chapter 47. Torn between choices
Chapter 48. A foolish man and an innocent wolf
Chapter 49. A ruler chosen by the Goddess
Chapter 50. Aftermath
Chapter 51. The hidden queen
Chapter 52. Family bonds
Chapter 53. Happily ever after
EXTRA. An every day's diary entry
EXTRA. The werewolf queen's shameless lesson

Chapter 24. Walking side by side

75.3K 2.7K 595
By TURTUREL

"Waning? Crescent?" She tried to reach out to her wolves, but she did not hear a single reply from either of them. She had been trying to contact them since she had remained on her own. She stopped when she fell asleep and now in the morning she tried again, but still with no luck. They must have been in a lot of pressure to heal her body and that was why she could not reach them, she thought.

She would try again later to contact them, but now she had to change her clothes and go to the dining room for breakfast. Earlier the maid had said the king asked her if she would like to have breakfast in her room or in the dining room. Of course the dining room would be better, she would feel more comfortable there. She also hoped there would be other people there dining as well.

She glanced at the clothes the maid had brought when she came to inform her regarding breakfast. She had wanted to ask Jake to bring her some from her room at the Academy, but the maid insisted she choose from the ones she brought.

Without another option, she changed into a maxi knitted long dress which had a v neckline and was of nude color. It was the most comfortable of the clothes and it would look not too formal, but not too casual as well. She was not at the Academy where she would usually wear her uniform, and this dress was perfect, as it was not tight around her abdomen where 3 of the gunshot wounds were. What was weird was that they did not bring shoes to her, but a pair of fluffy indoor slippers.

She did not say anything about them, but the maid explained that it was necessary for her to be comfortable. It would not be a problem if she wore them.

Once she was ready, the maid knocked on the door and asked for permission to enter.

"Are you sure you are alright enough to go and eat in the dining room Miss Blair? His highness said to ask you again. Please do not force yourself, we can bring the food to your room." The petite beautiful maid asked with a small smile, she was enchanted by the beautiful tall woman in front of her.

The clothes that his highness had picked himself personally from a catalogue fitted her well. Perhaps they could finally have a Luna, she sincerely hoped. His highness had never had a female stay inside the palace before, much less take care of one personally like he had been doing with miss Blair. Every day she had been unconscious, he would visit and inquire about her wellbeing.

They even caught him touching her forehead or her cheek, and looking at her once or twice when they entered her room. He also repeatedly instructed them to take proper care of her and keep the room warm enough, and even made the doctor come and check up on her several times during each day.

It was no wonder he had been beside her when she finally woke up. For the three days she had been moved from the hospital to the palace, every moment that he did not spend working was spent near her. He had even brought some documents that he needed to read in her room and worked from there when he could.

She and the other maids already knew of the existence of the female alpha since Celia took the admittance test, and had admired her strength. With the opportunity to care for her and see her up close they now admired also her beauty and called her secretly the sleeping beauty and wondered what she would be like awake. They were also curious if only for the fact that his highness showed so much care towards her.

When they came and delivered dinner, after they were notified she had woken up, Celia had completely charmed them. She did not smile much, but she was also not arrogant and she spoke softly to them despite the power she possessed. Her mild personality, even though she had a poker face and the aura of an alpha, was soothing. She had even tried to clean the table herself, but of course they would not let her. She was a guest and also a patient they informed her and said it was their duty.

Unbeknownst to Celia, she had a growing fan club and the maids from the palace, were avid members.

After assuring the maid that she indeed was well enough to eat in the dining room, she was led through the hallways, until she reached a double door. The dining room was closer to the guest room than she had previously thought, as they only made a couple of turns before reaching it. She studied about the castle at school in the past as it had a 500 years old history, and knew it was immense so she expected the walk would take a longer period of time.

"We are here Miss Celia!" The maid informed her smiling.

Celia had tried to make the maid call her by her first name, but she only succeeded in making her say her first name preceded by "miss'.

"His highness expressly chose your room to be closer to his personal quarters and thus closer to the dining room, so you will not have to walk a lot." She continued saying cheerful.

Celia nodded to show she was listening. Her face was as expressionless as always, but her heart unwillingly skipped a beat.

She shyly walked in the room and took a seat on the chair the maid had indicated. It looked like she was the first one there and, glancing at the table, unfortunately 2 tableware sets were arranged.

She could not even sigh, as the maid stood a little further in the rear waiting.

She did not start eating, it would not have been polite to do so without the host, and just placed her hands on her lap and patiently waited.

Soon the double door opened and in came Salas. He was not dressed in a black suit like all the time she saw him before, including yesterday, but in comfortable home clothes which consisted of a nude v neck sweater, black pants and black casual shoes.

Just as he entered the dining room, she immediately noticed him as her seat was facing the entrance so she quickly rose on her feet to bow. But before she could bend her abdomen, he was already by her side stopping her.

"Please there is no need for formalities. Your body is still not well. Take a seat." Salas quickly said with the same indulgent tone as before, and also took his seat at the table.

"You can leave us. We will call if we need you." He ordered the maid that stood behind Celia and also looked towards his assistant, the same one who had showed him the video of the melee fight.

The maid nodded in understanding and immediately exited, but she still stole a glance towards the table in passing. The two people looked more like a couple having matching home clothes. She was eager to inform the other girls and took off towards the kitchen.

His assistant, exchanging a glance with Salas, knew that his highness was referring to him as well, so he quickly followed the maid out the door, leaving the both of them completely alone.

"How are you feeling Celia? Did you manage to get some sleep last night?" Salas asked calmly, as he took a sip of his coffee.

"I am feeling much better. The room was cozy and warm. Thank you for your care your highness." She replied with a poker face, but still with a tinge of redness on her cheeks, almost unnoticeable. She was so nervous that she did not notice he had dropped all formalities and called her by her given name.

"I am glad. Please let I or the maids know if you have any discomforts." He expressed normally in a polite tone, but inside his mind he was glad that she was feeling comfortable inside the palace, in this way he could make her stay longer. And even more importantly, he was pleased she had not shown any irritation because he had called her with her first name.

"Everything has been perfect, I could not ask for more. Thank you." Everyone had treated her with care how could there be discomforts, she thought.

She lightly sipped her coffee trying to keep her eyes from wandering around. She was not a big eater, and for breakfast she would eat even less. At home she was always the one cooking so, because of the smell emitted while preparing the food, she was accustomed to feeling full without finishing her meal.

Trying to seem she was busy with something in an attempt to disperse the awkwardness, she sipped from the coffee again. But when she tried to sip once more she could not lift her hand and cup from the table. Confused she looked to see what was obstructing her arm. On top of her slender small hand there was another bigger one, it had enveloped the whole back of her hand.

"That is enough with the coffee. Please eat a croissant or some fruits. You have to replenish your energy." He advised her, then removed his hand from her own and with it added a plate with pastries and some strawberries in front of her.

She nodded absentmindedly and ate the croissant bit by bit in silence. The electrifying touch of his hand had numbed her.

Seeing her with her eyes out of focus he wanted to speak, but as he opened his mouth the sound of his phone untimely interrupted.

"Speak!" Salas said answering the phone a bit displeased.

"Your highness the items you have requested to be brought from Miss Blair's room at the Academy have arrived." His beta Micah quickly informed. He noticed the annoyed tone on the other end of the phone call, so even more would not drag the conversation. He only said briefly the call's purpose.

"Alright bring them to her room." Salas ordered concisely then closed the phone call.

"I have been informed that your books, laptop and phone have arrived. You can find them in your room." Salas informed Celia, his tone miles apart from just now. It was like he was a totally different person.

"Thank you your highness." Celia quickly expressed her gratitude, snapping out of her thoughts. They had asked her yesterday if there was something in particular she wanted from her room, just so she could have something to pass the time, but all her focus had been on studying so she requested her books. But she did not think they would bring them so fast to her. 

She felt bad of having inconvenienced them, they were already housing her, and now she even rose up with demands. But she was afraid of her studies faltering, after all the material to be learnt was quite extensive.

"Now then let's go." Salas said looking brightly at her, just as they finished their breakfast.

"Yes." She replied, but did not ask where to. They talked yesterday about informing Gabriel and Salas of the attack. Although the other students had already said most of what happened, her testimony was important for the investigation.

Of course she was aware of this, and they had even mentioned it to her yesterday. Naturally the place he was taking her to was the room her teacher would be waiting. Knowing this, she followed behind him with her head lowered looking at the floor, she could not walk side by side with the king, it would be disrespectful.

A few steps walking down the long hallway, he started to slow down so she also slowed down her steps, but she felt it was strange as he walked even slower after a few steps, but did not stop. He was still walking further down the hallway.

She once again slowed down her pace, following his own. She intended to walk behind so of course each time he walked slower, her steps would be even slower. But as she was still following behind looking at the floor he stopped walking unexpectedly, making her bump into his back.

She yelped as she hit her nose in his back and immediately moved back a step embarrassed. In her thoughtlessness she must have increased her pace, she flustered realized.

"Forgive me your highness." She quickly apologized, but he only sighed before speaking.

"Walk beside me. Why do you keep moving behind?"

"I am sorry. I did not mean any disrespect." She quickly apologized again, before moving to his side.

He sighed but was not in anyway angered. He really liked that they were walking together even like how they currently were, whether she was behind or parallel with him, it did not matter on this regard. But behind him, he could not see her face, he could not see her. So he looked towards her direction, and gently explained.

"How can we talk if you are behind me, I only meant you should be by my side. There is no need for apologies Celia."

She did not speak anymore, because she would've only said sorry again, so instead she slowly moved near him to his left side. Satisfied he did not say anything more and just walked again.

They walked this time side by side through the hallway until they reached a door and Salas finally stopped to open it, then beckoned her with his hand to enter before him.

She thanked him and stepped inside, but as she was expecting to see his office and Gabriel waiting, the image in front of her eyes stunned her. She had never seen something quite like this in all her life. She was so bewildered that she did not even move forward to allow Salas to enter also.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.5K 26
If you enjoy this story please check out my rewritten version on my profile. Landon stood up and pressed Lyla against the wall so she couldn't escap...
14M 378K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
111K 3.8K 47
-----------------------------------This book is not finished and is being re-written --------------------------------- "Oh, so you're part of this ki...
10.6K 127 79
'Mate her!' Lukas's beast roared from within. The outburst surprised him. Unlike some situation where his wolf wanted blood from his women now, it's...