Innocent romance (A maid sama...

By Violet_167

Misaki and Takumi are two strangers engaged to each other. They want to try to make this marriage work or is... More

-Prologue-
-Chapter 1-
- Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
- Chapter 4-
- Chapter 5 -
- Chapter 6-
- Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
- Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
- Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
Chapter 18
-Chapter 19-
- Chapter 20-
- Chapter 21-
- Chapter 23-
- Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-

- Chapter 22-

354 8 0
By Violet_167

The next day

Misaki slowly opened her eyes whilst stretching her body.

"Wha..." She trailed off when she opened her eyes to see Takumi's face right in front of her own. "What the hell!" She mentally screamed.

Misaki tried to move away from being so close to his face but felt a tug at her waist. She slowly looked down at her waist to notice his arms were wrapped around her, stopping her from escaping him. Misaki was ready to shake him awake and question him when she remembered how they ended up in this position.

"Oh," She said when the realization hit her. She sighed and thought about last night.  How did she wake up panicking and completely forgetting what lead up to this point?

Last night

After Misaki and Takumi cheered another glass of wine to forget the moment of the kiss which she considered to be awkward, they started to talk just for the awkward moment to pass. They started with small talk but somehow grew more comfortable with conversing about other things.

"Sakura and I have been friends since high school. She's a complete sweetheart and I try to protect her from people who try to prey on how nice she is," Misaki explained after they started to talk about when Sakura wanted to meet and talk to Takumi when they saw him in the restaurant. "She's looking out for me and how I feel in this whole marriage situation. And well I felt like you were an ass so she wanted to confront that ass."

Takumi was midway taking a sip from the wine glass which slightly touched his lips but only for a second when he decided to comment on Sakura. "It was like a tiny kitten with its claws out ready to attack me. Not the most amusing and fun situation for me I might add," He said then pressed the glass against his lips to take a sip.

"I believe that's what friends do. It might've been annoying for you but it was very thoughtful on my end. Besides, Sakura can be a cute little kitten. She doesn't need to be terrifying when she has a friend like me to use my claws on the person she's going up against. I will protect my kittens from any danger. You should give that warning to your friend Kuuga next time you see him," She warned him. Kuuga was officially on her hit list and she would definitely find out whatever he did to her friend.

She continued, "Don't call me overprotective because I've seen her get over relationships after a crying session or two but this was the first time she ever looked so hurt. After the party, I noticed he was chatting with not one but two ladies. Such a player. Did you know anything about what went on with them?" She hadn't heard from Sakura exactly what happened which was unusual since Sakura would quickly vent to Misaki.

Takumi shook his head denying knowing anything about it. He hadn't spoken to Kuuga much since the party and he hardly ever asked him about his relationships. Although Takumi did know Kuuga never stayed with one person for too long. He was surprised Misaki's friend considered the relationship to be serious. It was more of a pass time for Kuuga. 

"I will warn him that a demon CEO is after him. I wouldn't mind if you scare him a bit," Takumi admitted.

"You two seem like polar opposites. I question why you and Kuuga are friends," Misaki stated trying to fit their personalities together.

"Same goes for you and Sakura. You two aren't exactly identical. I met Kuuga when I was really young through my grandfather's request. You know to mingle with other socialite kids," Takumi said remembering his youth he tried to forget. "Kuuga's father owns an entertainment company which is why he's interested in music. You won't hear Kuuga mention his father's name a lot since he wanted to make it big without hearing or saying his father's name. He isn't signed to his father's company which you might think created tension between the two but it somehow didn't."

"Kuuga and I had nothing in common but he was the least annoying amongst the other's," Takumi admitted making Misaki laugh.

"Seriously? Your friendship is built on the fact you thought he was the least annoying? No way," Misaki struggled to come to terms with it. "His flirtatious remarks and ego annoy me so we certainly wouldn't have been friends."

"Grandfather wanted me to expand my contacts after he finally let me into the family so I chose Kuuga. There are a few others which I don't mind their presence. I heard the way some spoke of me before they even met me. The son of a butler who disgraced the Ranchester bloodline. That I should've been glad I wasn't thrown into an orphanage but when you think about it. Giving me to the Usui's was the same as sending me to a more expensive orphanage.  These comments sure did change when my grandfather let me into the family. They all had so many compliments," Takumi humorlessly chuckled at the thought of how quickly they put on their masks with a fake smile. "Children sure love to repeat the words they heard their parents spoke so I knew their true intentions a long time ago. Kuuga only asked me what color hair I think would make him more of a star."

"Were the Usui's not kind to you?" Misaki questioned since she didn't have too many interactions with them.

"They were given the baggage from the Ranchester castle, I'm sure you could imagine not everyone would be pleased. However, it was better than the Ranchester castle. Feeling unwanted and unloved. Luckily I was given attention when grandfather wanted me to take over the business. I guess I'm supposed to be happy about that?" He asked as others told Takumi he should be grateful for how his life turned around. Takumi glanced at Misaki who seemed sadden hearing about his past. "Did I officially ruin the moment? What are you doing?" He suddenly asked when Misaki hugged him.

"I thought you needed to be comforted right now. I'm really sorry you had a horrible youth," Misaki softly patting his back like a little kid.

Takumi stared in disbelief at the woman he thought had a demon-like presence but here she was comforting him like a mother to her child. He let out a breath of relief and hugged her back. "Thank you."

Present

Somehow they had fallen asleep in each other's arms afterward.

Misaki brushed away the long strands of hair covering Takumi's face. He too reminded her of a kitten in need of protection. The more he opened up about his childhood she felt like she needed to hold his hand and promise to protect him. To be cast aside for many years and then given attention once they needed him, she couldn't imagine how he felt growing up.

How long do I have to lay here? She also wondered.  Misaki didn't realize she was still running her hand through his hair which had made Takumi wake up and notice her in a daze.

"Good morning," He greeted and felt her body shook with fright not expecting him to be awake right now. He chuckled seeing her startled expression. 

"M-Morning," She responded feeling her chest rise and fall quickly like she just ran a race. Couldn't he have moved a bit for her to notice he was awake? "Uhm..." She muttered hoping he would realize it was time for them to move apart and she wouldn't have to say it. However, she noticed the smirk appearing on his face letting her know she would have to say it. Misaki glared at him. "Let me go."

"Why? I feel so comfy like this. Can you run your hand through my hair again?" He questioned tightening his grip around her waist and closing his eyes ready to go back to sleep again.

"Takumi!" She said with a hint of warning in her voice. "Let go while I'm being nice."

"But you said you wanted to comfort me," He commented mimicking a child-like voice.

"Well, the moment has passed baka! Now let go-Takumi!" She yelled when he accidentally brushed her against her butt when she moved and he was trying to hold her more firmly.

"Opps," He replied letting her go. "So breakfast. Room service?" He added changing the subject. Takumi got up to look a the menu the staff placed in the room. The start of the day would be having a nice breakfast eating in then they could explore the area later on. 

"Don't mind if I make the order or is there anything special you get?" He asked getting her preference. 

"You can order for us both," Misaki replied. "Pervert," She mumbled under her breath. 

Mei's apartment

"Why are you here again?!" Mei exclaimed and then tried to shut the door when she saw Gerard was at her apartment again. Didn't he say enough last time? Why didn't he just leave her alone now. She didn't want to see him.

"To talk to you. I'm sorry about last time," Gerard said holding the door so she wouldn't be able to close it again,"

"I don't want to talk to you," Mei said pushing against the door with all her might hoping it would close. Why didn't she look out the peephole before opening her door?

"But you'll talk to Takumi? The man who is engaged?" He questioned getting annoyed. Why was she still going after his brother. Takumi was getting married, did she want to live as a mistress?

"Leave me alone!"

She was making him angry once again. He came here for the truth and he wanted it now. "I've had this on my mind Mei but do you truly love Takumi or are you just chasing after him because he's a kinder version of me. People do say we look almost identical so you would've found the perfect replacement right?"

"No-" Mei denied but she was cut off by his words.

"I knew you loved me more than you planned to and when I left you, you saw Takumi as an emotionally wrecked Gerald who wouldn't leave you because he needed someone in his life.  My oh my, what a little deceiver you are. Of course, that's what I loved about you. It's true everyone has a flaw. Even my perfectly smart little brother couldn't notice the mask you wore pretending to love him. Cunning as ever Mei."

"N-No. I love Takumi. He's nothing like you-"

"And yet you're willing to be in a family with a man who looks like your ex who supposedly treated you terribly. That sure adds up Mei," He sarcastically replied. Why was she going through so much with Takumi when she knew how cruel their family was and she experienced it before? "Give up on my brother and be mine again Mei."

A/N: Sorry for not updating Thursday as promised. I think I'll update this on Thursdays rather than Fridays. I won't promise it but I'm trying to update weekly starting from today.  

The next update is Thursday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 42 35
Hyomin is having a dilemma ever since her cousin Jiyeon decided to study there in Seoul for the latter didn't know that she and Soyeon belongs on the...
12.9K 322 15
Two friends agree to get engage but it's not your average couple. What happens when they're faking it?
7.6K 419 11
OK so sorry that I deleted this book, I didn't realise people actually like it that much. Here is the description: (Sorry if it's crap.) Hinata final...
11.6K 277 13
The main couples from Junjou Romantica (Usami Akihiko x Misaki) and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (Takano Masamune x Onodera Ritsu) finally meet. What can poss...