Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
πŸ–πŸŽ¨ Drawings πŸŽ¨πŸ–
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH50 - Weird Days Happens

257 14 10
By Namifangurl07

Two weeks had passed since that talk with Hiei and ever since that, I haven't seen him at all. I probably deserve it. After all my emotions got me into this mess. And now I really have second thoughts about even trying to feel again.

Well, guess I was never meant to be loved. . .

The days went by in a blur, but my mind would get occasionally get stuck on that stupid Porky Pine dude and his behaviour toward my speech. That very thing made me feel miserable and hopeless. . . .

I should have kept my mouth shut. . . I should have forced my doors close. . . 

Everything was as blank as it can be for me at school, classmates picking on me or my brother, Mr. Iwamoto trying to get us into trouble and then my Drama club activities where I will learn many useful things from my favourite teacher like mimicking other people's voice and impressions, act realistically and much more.

Those were the most entertaining part of the day and perhaps I will miss it once the summer vacation starts.

Everything was as normal as it could be, until the next morning came.

As I was about to tie my hair into its usual bun, my eye accidentally caught my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My mind then went to the time when I was wearing my hair in a ponytail or when it was loose in public.

'Lesson number one: Learn to be brave and confident enough to get out of your own comfort zone.' I hear Ruby's words whispered in my mind. 'It might sound little and in some ways strange but. . . with baby steps and patience, you might find that strength and bravery within yourself to show your true feelings again. A side of yours that you either haven't seen before or you had long forgotten about. . .'

Slowly I lowered my hand down and looked at the long blue ribbon in my grasp. Maybe just. . . maybe I can let it down just a little. . . The braids on each side of my head will stay, but with the combination of the ponytail. When I was done I looked at myself.

It. . . doesn't even look that bad. . .

With a small nod, I went to my room to grab my bag, but then my eyes suddenly caught the sigh of my kunai knife bag. My hand subconsciously went up to my neck and sure enough, the phoenix ring was not there.

Shit, I forgot to take it out of my small bag. Again.

So in a flash I went over that small black bag and try to look for my treasure. . . but to my horror, it wasn't in there.

"Huh?" I couldn't help but hum out loud as I looked through between the knives and every single pocket that little bag had from the outside to the inside.

"No-no-no-no-no!" I murmured under my breath as my panic rises up to the roof with each passing second. My phoenix ring is gone. But how?!

"Miyuki?!" Mother's voice startled me and as quick as lightning I hid my knives under my bed. "Is everything alright? You look a little pale." My mother asked with concern in her voice.

I just closed my eyes and nodded my head mutely.

"Oh, good." Atsuko said, now smiling brightly. "Breakfast is ready on the table." With that she disappeared, making me let out a sigh of relief. But sadly it didn't make me stop frantically looking for my precious treasure. The only memory I have from Sanyu.

Wait, maybe Hiei has it- I froze at that. . .

Hiei. . . No. . . I shouldn't bother him with this. . .

I shouldn't have bothered him in the first place. . .

With a small exasperated sigh, I just picked up my school bag and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Well, this is one way to start a new morning. . .

_________________________________________________________

"GET OUT OF BED! " Atsuko screamed at her son as Miyuki just left through the front door. "You're going to be late! AGAIN!" Then the sound of something crashing to the floor echoed through the flat, making the young female figure flinch mentally.

"Push off!" Yusuke retorted tiredly as he finally got out of the door and trailed behind his sister, yawning all the way.

"Wait!" The brunette mother suddenly cries out before storming to the door with Yusuke's bag. 

"Your bag?!" She asked right before throwing it right at her son.

"No, thanks-OW!" The Urameshi boy was about to reply but got hit by the bag that soon got caught by Miyuki.

"Good aim." She complimented her mother with a blank tone and expression.

"Thank you!" Atsuko replied proudly. "Nice hairstyle!" She added before turning to her trouble maker sternly. "I'll call the school office to check." The brunette said.

"Tsk, like I'd skip." Yusuke scoffed before turning to Miyuki with a small smirk, but it soon fell as soon as he noticed that sad and miserable look on her expression. He looked away and placed one finger under his chin. After a small moment of thinking, he turned to his sister with a playful smirk before wrapping his arm around Miyuki's neck and brought her close.

"Say sis, are you up for a race?" Yusuke asked with a small hint of playfulness in his voice, but as usual, Miyuki just gave him a blank face as her eye twitched with annoyance. Needless to say, she let out a sigh and just pushed her brother away, walking ahead and not saying a word.

The behaviour was of course all familiar to the brother figure, but however, he felt something different about it this time. Something that didn't settle down with him.

Usually, the Urameshi boy would just let his sister cool down, but now, he decided to change that. So he tried with a different approach. As he was running after his sister at full speed, by the time Miyuki could even blink-.

"YOINK!" Yusuke exclaimed as he snatched her school bag out of her grasp.

"What the-?!" Miyuki exclaimed but then her face turned red with anger.

"Catch me if you can slowpoke!" The immature brother figure shouted behind him before turning to the corner.

"Oh, now you're dead!" The little sister murmured under her breath in a murderous tone before storming after her brother. Just as Yusuke reached the bottom of the stairs, he went toward the balcony and jumped over it. Just as his feet landed on the ground he got up and ran fast toward the school's direction. Right on cue, Miyuki got there and jumped off of the balcony as well. She landed with a front roll then ran after the Urameshi boy, her eyes burning with rage.

"It's the perfect plan." Yusuke thought to himself out loud. "Sleep in and get plenty of exercise running." However, what he left out was a literal flaming bird running after him, ready to burn his butt off.

"YUSUKE URAMESHI!" Miyuki screamed like a banshee. Being angry was an understatement, and Yusuke now realized it, but a bit too late. He took a hard swallow and tried his best not to get caught by his sister who is now only three feet away from him. Now the black-haired girl was ready to strangle Yusuke, but suddenly she felt the mark on her wrist warm-up.

Then to her luck, she noticed that familiar black blur speeding off beside us on the top of the buildings and trees.

"Oh, great." The female Spirit Detective can't help but grumbled under her breath, knowing full well who that person is. Sure enough, Yusuke stopped dead on his track, making Miyuki bump into him by accident.

"Woah, slow down there Miyu." Yusuke jokingly said as the girl dusted herself off.

"Hn." Was all that came out of her mouth before taking her school bag from her brother.

'Jeez, what's the deal?' Yusuke asked himself before turning to his teammate, Hiei. "Well, if it isn't my favourite three-eyed demon." Said the boy as he walked a few feet forward, approaching the fire demon who didn't even acknowledge Miyuki's presence. Like she didn't even exist.

The girl shook her head with disapproval and just left the boys behind. As she was running past the demon boy, she and Hiei made a small moment of eye contact before speeding off in the school's direction.

'Well, that's new.' Yusuke commented in his mind before turning his attention to his friend again. "So, what's up Hiei? You're not stalking us again, are you?" In reply, Hiei pulled out a tape with a white cover.

"What's that?" The male Spirit Detective asked curiously.

"From Koenma." Replied the fire demon blankly.

"From Koenma?" Yusuke asked with a raised eyebrow. "Isn't that Botan's gig?" He questioned as he took the tape from his teammate.

"I don't know, I'm following orders." Hiei replied broadly while mentally rolling his eyes.

"You're following orders?" The Urameshi boy asked back, only to receive a look, empty from any emotion. "Something wrong Hiei?" Again nothing but silence. Hiei turned to the side then disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"Strange guy." Yusuke can't help but comment. His thoughts were eventually cut short when the familiar sound of the school bell rang in the air, causing the teen boy to yelp.

"DAMNIT!" He cursed before taking off. "HEY MIYU, WAIT UP!" He screamed, even though his sister was far gone, already in the school. As the teen was on his way, Hiei was watching him from a lamp post on the street. Once Yusuke was gone out of his vision he pulled out the phoenix ring that had been in his pocket for weeks now. He looked at it, then thought about Miyuki.

With a small sigh, he shook his head then disappeared.

"I'll give it to her later." He reminded himself, still having mixed up feelings about this whole thing. "Once when the time is right."

_________________________________________________________

I was lying on the surface of my desk using one of my arms as pillows while the other one was grasping onto my loose black locks from my ponytail.

Stupid Hiei and Stupid love feelings. . . I hate this. . .

"Some sibling you are." I hear my annoying brother's comment, but I ignored it since I am really not in the mood. "How could you leave your only brother to a demon? You think you can get rid of me that easily, give me a break." I knew from his tone that he is trying to lighten up the mood, but since I really feel awful on an emotional level, which I never had for a really long time. To make him get the message I looked up and literally let out an animal growl like an angry cat was trying to get out of my throat.

"Whoaah, e-easy there tiger. . ." Yusuke nervously stammered as he backed away. However, the nickname set me off and now I turned my voice into a full-on tiger mode. Of course, since my brother never bothered to ask me what I actually learn in the Drama club, he looked as pale as a marshmallow as a big drop of sweat rolled down from his forehead. In an instant, he backed away and left me alone.

Jeez, there must have been something in the breakfast because I am moodier than usual. I shook my head and just plopped my head back down on the wooden surface. I stayed like that for a while and I almost fell asleep but a small hand shook me back to reality. My head lifted up and saw a worried-looking Keiko.

"Hey, what's wrong?" My brunette friend asked me. "Did something happened between you and Yusuke?" I said nothing and just went back swimming in the depth of my thoughts. I hear her sigh as her hand rubbed my shoulder comfortingly. "Well, either way, I wish you luck with the new case."

"Huh?" I tiredly asked as I raised an eyebrow at her words. New case?

"You didn't know?" The brunette girl asked me a little surprised. "Yusuke said that he and you got a new case this morning." She informed me, holding that growl within my throat so I won't scare Keiko in a way I did to my brother for the very first time.

"Well, good luck." My friend said, but before going to talk to my brother she looked at me with a warm smile. "Oh, and by the way nice hair you got. About time you loosen up a little." With that, she left. My hand went up to my hair, now feeling a little self-conscious.

Why? I don't look that different.

The school went in a blur once more and by now I managed to get some steam off.

The next thing I knew, Yusuke and I were at Kazuma's house with Botan. On our way over Yusuke explained to me that Hiei's reason for coming was to give us a tape that has our next case assignment from Spirit World. I found it strange, because knowing that Jackass, he hates delivery jobs like these. Also wasn't this supposed to be like Botan's job to do it since she is our assistant?

Well, that's one weird thing, for sure. Then I questioned about Keiko, getting one bs after another.

Great, this day is just getting weirder and weirder by the second. . .

I hate Mondays. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 890 29
Yusuke folded his arms. "There is absolutely no way you're coming, Kura." "Oh yes there is," Sakura said sternly. "You need me," "I am not putting yo...
246K 11.5K 104
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ π™’π™π™šπ™§π™š.. π™©π™π™š π™π™šπ™‘π™‘ 𝙖𝙒 𝙄? ❞ βˆ˜β‚Šβœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β‚Šβˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
28.7K 586 41
{Revision In process} [Warning] Early on you will most likely come across spelling errors and strange changes in the story. I may or may not go back...
19.3K 233 29
Loosing someone that meant everything to you is a hard obstacle in live. Sadness, loneliness, anger, and longing that fill the heart like water sp...