Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
🖍🎨 Drawings 🎨🖍
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2

279 14 18
By Namifangurl07

Once our friends were completely out of earshot I finally had enough of Hiei's stupidity and decide to do what my brother can do best.

Do something stupid that I might gonna regret later.

I spit into the demon's palm making him yank his hand away from my lips and glare through his eyes.

"What was that for?!" Hiei snapped at me as he looked down at his hand palm that had my spit on it, but then I noticed it looked somewhat red.

"Hn." I just huffed at the demon with my eyes rolling to the side, but then I lifted up a finger and touched my lips. Once I looked at the tip of my finger, I see the red lipstick.

"Shit." I murmured under my breath as I began to wipe that red paint off of me. Then a yelp escaped from my lips when the idiot tossed something toward me. It was my kunai bag.

"You forgot it." Hiei bluntly informed. I didn't say anything but rolled my eyes out of irritation since his attitude was just so annoying. However, it was not as bad as my brother's immaturity. As my hand was placing the small black bag around my thigh, my ears caught I hear Shadow Lord talk again.

"We need to talk." Hiei's sudden sentence, made me completely froze in my actions because . . the anti-social Three-eyed Porky Pine wants to speak to me? Is this a dream?

Well, looks like there is always a first time for everything.

However, I didn't find myself drawn to it. Sure, I was surprised but. . . I felt also somewhat upset for some reason. . . then my mind drifted to our last conversation I had with this little jerk.

"There is nothing to talk about anymore." I told him quietly with a blank face on me. "You said it yourself, you don't want to do anything with the topic anymore." My head turned away from the demon as my right hand rubbed my left arm. "You don't need me, and you will go back to Demon World anyways once your deeds are done for Spirit World. I get it, okay?" Then I close my eye and took a deep breath, letting my back leaning against the tree trunk. I stayed like that for a while, not even bothering to look at Hiei. I'm kind of surprised that I don't feel awkward about simply being around him. To my surprise, I felt his very presence getting close to me, and the next thing I knew, he was sitting right next to me.

"You know you didn't have to take my words that personal." The Jerkass suddenly spoke up, but I just remained in my position. My ears caught him sighing. "What I meant to say back then is that starting this would be pointless."

"Tsk, like that would make me feel any better." I scoffed at him, my arms crossing over my chest. Out of nowhere, a hand grasped onto my shirt and yanked me toward Hiei's direction, forcing my eyes to open up and look into his crimson orbs.

"Your human emotions keep you from thinking clearly." The demon boy snapped at me, making me mentally flinch at the tone he was using. "Be serious about this-."

"I am!" I firmly stated. "I am being serious about this."

"Then you're a fool!" Hiei raised his voice. "Why would you, a human, even want to be with a demon-like me?! I am giving you a chance to walk out of it, be free from it all so you can spend the rest of your life with someone far better than I am." His words hit me hard in the heart. . . .

I feel my stoic expression soften up as my heart began to beat rapidly. My mind then began to finally piece things together, making me finally understand what this demon's real intentions are and how he is feeling. . .

Even though it can't be seen on the surface, my subconscious self somehow felt it. . . like it just clicked.

Hiei pushed me away at first because. . . he wants me to be happy. . . But deep down I knew there was something different. . . He wanted this. . . he wants this relationship. . . Be loved by someone. . . Belong to somewhere. . .

But this that made me question many things like. . . why does he want to throw away his chances? Is it because of something that happened in his past. . . ? Who knows. . .

"Tell me Miyuki. . ." Hiei called me but with a stern yet gentle tone this time. . . I couldn't help but let out a tiny gasp as soon as I hear him call me by my name. . . Something that made my heart skip a beat as I feel the butterflies in my stomach. . . "Why don't you just give up on this foolish idea. . . ? I'm sure that stupid fox would be a far better choice than I am." He asked me, slowly returning to his usual blunt jackass self. This time though, I didn't see him as that usual cocky idiot but more like. . . a person with compassion. . .

"Because of my spark . . ." I simply told him as I try to collect the words that my heart is giving. Of course, my answer somewhat confused Hiei, but at the same time, it startled him. "You were the one that lit it up Hiei." I sighed softly as my right hand subconsciously lifted itself up and grabbed onto his left wrist that is still clutching onto my shirt. "Sure, Shuichi was there whenever I needed a little emotional support or advice. He is a really good person. . . but you were the one that lit up the spark that was dying within me." I watched the demon boy carefully, and so far, no reaction showed on his expression, making me continue on. "Ever since Sanyu died, I felt cold and empty. . . nothing mattered to me and I lost my reason to live. . . but I kept on since I didn't want to upset or disappoint the ones that are still caring about me. . . But then. . . This whole thing started. . . and. . . it began to change me. . . then I met my childhood best friend. . . and you. . ." I paused for a moment, waiting once again for a reaction, but. . . nothing other than that his grasp on the fabric finally got loose. "I don't know what you really think about me, but. . . I know the others, who knew me longer wouldn't give up on me. . . " Then I felt my other hand reaching for Hiei's that my right hand is already holding. . .

"Sanyu wouldn't give up on me. . . a thought that finally woke me up, and made me keep on going, with now new goals. . ." The entire time, I never broke eye contact with the Fire Demon which was so unusual to me. . . . yet I didn't want to stop it. . . "And if you really hoping for me to give up on you. . . heh. . . well I have to disappoint you. . . I won't . . ." Again, just silence. . . "I care about you Hiei. . ."Nothing was said for another minute or so, but soon the demon's empty expression turned into a scowl.

"Hn. You're crazy." Was Hiei's first word after I poured my heart out.

"Heh." I scoffed out a small sarcastic laugh. "It's better than being stupid." I pointed out.

"Hn." The demon once again scoffed making me shook my head with disapproval. However, my face then suddenly flushed red when I finally noticed I am still holding onto Hiei's hand. However, my attention was drawn to the phoenix-ying tattoo that was on him.

The other half of our mark. . .

Our mark. . .

"So. . ." I began hesitantly as I slowly slipped my hands away from Hiei's wrist. "You still stand with your statement. . . won't you. . . ?" He didn't say anything, nor looked at me right after that. . . I let out a tired sigh and just went back to my original position and try to calm my nerves.

Stupid. . . Why did I even start it again. . . emotions are just messing things up . . . Just like before. . . I knew it. . .

"It's getting late." Hiei stated making me open my good eye and look at the sky with the sun settling down. I sighed and just nodded my head mutely. Before I can ask Hiei to place me down, he already picked me up and jumped down the grass.

"Thanks. . ." I quietly told him as he gently placed me down. Once my feet were on the ground's surface I limped over the crutches and picked them um. When I turned around I see Hiei leaving.

I don't know what came over me, but. . . I limped over and grabbed his arm. . . Not wanting to let go. . .

"What do you want?" He asked a little rudely as he turned to face me once more. I looked at him, then down at my feet shyly. . .

I don't really know what to say anymore. . . But then I felt my body move on it's own, making the boldest move I had ever done on anyone. Sure I had done it on Shuichi, but as a friendly gesture, but this was a different case. . . . Because this time I did it on the person I fell for. . .

I kissed Hiei on the cheek then as quickly as I could, I went on my way without another word. . .

What's wrong with me. . . ? How in the world did I manage to pull this off?

As soon as I got to the healing room, I looked at myself in the mirror, then I let out a frustrated groan before limping my way over to the bathroom to take a shower, hoping that it would wash my stupid thoughts away.

But it didn't help since it just dawned on me that what I had actually done. . .I just blew it. . . beyond repair. . . and Hiei would probably hate me for it. . .

_________________________________________________________

I stood there stunned as my gaze watched Miyuki hurriedly disappear out of my sight.

What in the world just happened? I had never seen this girl act this way before. . . My hand subconsciously went up to my cheek, where she had planted that kiss. What could this possibly mean? Is she really. . .

I scoffed at the thought. I already told myself that I don't need this.

"You should really think about it boy." A new voice suddenly said. I pulled out my sword and turned to the person who spoke, only to see that old hag again. The blind one.

"Tsk, I have no idea what you're talking about." I told the woman off as I placed my sword back on and ready to just take off-.

"Keep lying to yourself all you want, but I can see through your lies." That Yara woman replied. "Even though I can't even see like the way you do."

"Look, I don't need your advice, you old witch. Leave me alone" I turned away from her and began to walk a few feet ahead-.

"You do realize that by your words and actions, you hurt her feelings." The old lady once again tried to get to me, but I ignore it.

"I am doing her a favour." I firmly told her, having enough of this already." She will thank me later."

"Stop kidding with yourself and man up for god sake!" The lady snapped at me, making me turn to her with a stink eye. "Miyuki just admitted her feelings toward you and I know for a fact that you feel the same way, but you're too much of a coward git to admit that."

"I am not a coward!" I snapped at her as my blood was boiling to the fact that she just had the guts to call me that.

"Then why are you running away from her?" That human creature pointed out, making my glare harden on her figure. Any more of her nonsense and I will not hesitate to slit her throat.

"I am not!" I defended.

"Yes, you do!" The old lady retorted angrily at me before taking a deep breath and calm herself down. "My student had been just like you. A distant antisocial git who wouldn't say a word but suffer silently. Though later on, she had been making great improvements. Not just in combat skills, but with the state her mental health as well." The woman then sighed. " She is finally opening up and you should feel special Hiei for being the one to witness something like that. But instead, all I sense is you moron pushing her away. Hurting her and causing her more pain that can make her slip back into the darkness. . ."

The words made me look at the woman a little baffled as I feel my gaze lower down to my feet. "I care about that dimwit and I won't stand if someone treats her in a way that you do." Master Yara told me with fury in her tone, but then she inhaled. "But I will let you live since she loves you." At that, I looked at her in total disbelief.

"She just told me how she felt, how can you possibly know that she loves me." I pointed out harshly. I mean she did tell me how she cares about me, but she did not say she loves me. At my question, The old hag laughed.

"Of course you are more blind compare to me." The lady said mockingly.

"Just answer the damn question." I snapped at her angrily.

"Well, as you can see, I was born blind but I never had a problem seeing, once I discovered earth bending." Master Yara began to explain. "I see things through earth-bending. I can feel the vibration of the earth, helping me detect where everything is. I can also feel how others feel by just their heartbeat. Even though you two were on the tree, I was still able to detect Miyuki's racing heart that is going crazy about you. The last time I had seen something like that was when my sister was in love." The lady then turned her back toward me while her arms were crossed over it. "I must say, it was amusing, but at the same time, I felt relieved that she is not completely lost. . ." She trailed down as her tone suddenly turned sad. . .

Why?

"Don't push your luck away loverboy." The old lady reminded me. "And if you broke the remaining of her heart, I will make sure you will end up with a broken spine. If you have one to say at least." With that, she walked away.

"Hn. What a fool." I murmured under my breath before finally speeding off the area.

I found myself standing on top of a tree as I stare at the night sky with the full moon shining brightly with its glory.

'Don't push your luck away loverboy.' The old lady's voice rang in my mind again.

"Tsk." I scoffed at myself. Me? Afraid of accepting this?How should I know that she won't end up betraying me like the ones who raised me? How do I know that she won't just reject me after having her fun. . . ?

No, she is not like that. . .

I let out a frustrated sigh as my hand reached into my pocket. Suddenly, I felt something small in my grasp. Curious, I pulled it out, revealing that necklace with the Phoenix Ring. That was in Miyuki's bag but fell out when that monster threw my mate away. . . . As my eyes gazed upon the ring with wonder my free hand then went to the same spot once more. My finger ran onto the surface- Wait. . . what the. . . I brought my hand in front of my vision and see some red paint on the tip of my finger. That was a lipstick stain. . . I glare at that. Why that little. . .

This is all so confusing. . .

With one last glance at the jewellery in hand, I turned in the direction where the temple is.

"Hn." I huffed before disappearing under the night's cover.

I will give that back when I see her again, but for now. . . I need to think. . . All of it. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 2.2K 40
Ever wondered what Hiei was up to during his stay in the human world? How he was able to survive after finding himself stuck in a world where he'd ra...
28.8K 589 41
{Revision In process} [Warning] Early on you will most likely come across spelling errors and strange changes in the story. I may or may not go back...
3.9K 131 50
10 years ago, the psychic, Genkai used her powers to create the only cure for the 'pulse' curse. a terrible, and deadly power that rears its head in...
3K 67 17
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...