Next Generation Demigods - in...

By TheHunterInTheStars

All the "next generation" fan fictions are either roleplays, or some sort of quest, so I decided to mix thing... More

Disclaimer
Authors Note
1: We're Going to School?
2: Aphrodite Helped.
3: Oops, You Didn't Want Eavesdroppers?
4: The Room of Requirement Rip-Off.
5: We Meet the Hunter's Daughter.
6: Brielle WHO?!
7: You Have Been...SHIPPED!
8: EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE FIGHTING FRENCHMAN!
9: Zoë's Dagger Is a Bully.
10: Why is our House a Hotel Now?

11: My New Bedroom

224 9 19
By TheHunterInTheStars

My first thought was: wow. My second? Is this even a room? My "room" looked more like a well-tended jungle than a bedroom. The floor seemed to be made of soil with vines covering the walkways and flowers planted along the edges. I reached towards a plant I didn't recognize, but when my hand was about six inches away from touching it, it snapped at me and I gasped. "A dionaea muscipula," I whispered, fascinated. 

"Speak English!" a voice said through some type of speakers. A voice that sounded a lot like... 

"Liam!" I heard a second voice, Lana's, say. "You idiot, now she knows what we did!" I could practically hear her rolling her eyes.

"Right..." he muttered. "Oops!" The speakers crackled off.

"What in the name of Demeter did those morons do?!" I grumbled before turning my attention back to the plant. "Wait... if this is a Venus flytrap, I just shortened its lifespan by making it move!"

Then I noticed a piece of paper next to it. I picked it up and read it.

It said:

Dear Maia,

Despite the fact it seems like we don't care at all, your godly ancestors are always watching you. That sounded a little creepy. Well, I'm watching you. Hermes is too busy whispering prank ideas into your siblings' dreams. Anyways, I know that the Venus Flytrap is your favorite plant. She got that right. All I wanted for my eighth birthday was my own one of these carnivorous plants. As you know, each time one of them moves, it typically brings them closer to death. So I gave you this one, blessed with immortality. It can understand you and will interact with you.

 Sincerely,          

Demeter

Wow. I'd always wanted a Venus Flytrap, a pet, or an omen from Demeter. Little did I know that they'd all come as one thing. 

"So... I guess you can hear me?"

The plant made a motion like nodding.

"Should I give you a name?"

It nodded again. The only names I could think of were my friends'... and fictional characters'.

"How about... Heather?"

It tilted to the side as if considering this. Then it nodded a third time. 

I stayed there talking with my plant (wow, even I never thought I'd say that) for about a half an hour. Then I went to explore my room.

Another update! *confetti*

(Published November 20th)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 5.6K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
491K 14.1K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
795K 48.5K 113
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
526K 18.9K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...