Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters
Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 15: Piece of Cake
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 36: Partly
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them

6.2K 230 390
By enchantedlioness

         I sit back down and the man goes into the mens restroom. Illumi decides not to follow him because he was dangerous and he would need more space to defeat a man like him.

        My heart beat faster and my hands became sweaty.

        'Calm down' The voice tried to soothe me.

        'Okay' I responded back to him.

        Illumi finishes the last of the drink and I pop a marshmallow in my mouth.

        'Gross' I think to myself, but then I remember who else was listening in

        'YES, give me more! I like those sugar clouds! Not cotton candy, although I like those too, can you have more sugar? Please. Give. Give me now, I order you!'

        'Stop ranting!'

        'ok' I can hear him crying in my head.

        'ok, fine but only if you give me any more info'

        'Yayyyyyyyy!'

        I sigh and eat some of the chocolate that Illumi bought for me after we ate our cake.

        'I've been eating so much sugar, it makes me sick'

        'Whenever you don't want it, I'll eat it!'

        The voice started to rant on about how much he loved sugar.

        'Give me info, come on'

        'K, hmmmm, the mans name is Hanto and he specializes in summoning demons'

        'does that really work?'

        'Yeah, duh, demons are real'

        'interesting'

        'How do I know that you are real and not just in my imagination'

        'I'll show you later, but for now, just focus, I'll stop talking about sugar'

        Although the voice stopped speaking about sugar, pictures of sugary items kept popping up in my head.

        I sigh again.

        "Is something wrong?" Illumi asks me.

        "No, I'm just thinking about something." I wasn't entirely lying, but I wasn't the one thinking.

        "Hey girl!" I hear the man calling to me.

        "Yes?" I turn my head around to face the man, my hair hitting the cushion of the back of the chair.

        "Come here, I have something to tell you."

        I walk towards him cautiously and Illumi keeps a keen eye on me during the process.

        "What is it?"

        "You have a demon in you." He smirks.

        "If you'd like, the boss could let you meet him." His companion chimes in.

        'No! He's tricking you, he'll only use me for himself!'

        "I'm fine, I don't think my demons are too much of a problem." I answer him and go back to Illumi.

        Illumi gives me a stare, asking what was up.

        "I'll tell you later."

        'Thank you, I hate those types of people, thinking they can control demons like it's no problem, actually, I'm not a demon, I'm more of a ghost'

        'Oh?'

        'I'll explain it later, we don't have time.'

        "Hey you!" The man was speaking to Illumi," You wanna fight? I want to test your skill."

        We go outside to a nearby abandoned park.

        "I was really looking for a fight, so I chose the strongest person around, and turns out, you were probably itching for a fight too." The man gets in a fighting stance and Illumi gets ready. Illumi knows that this isn't an ordinary guy, he's using nen and it takes him a short amount of time to produce a lot of ren.

        'I don't want to feel useless, voice'

        'Don't worry, you won't be useless' Was all the voice said before they started their fight to the death it seemed.

        "Hey, girl! How about you fight too, you look like you have something up your sleeves!" He says as he kicks Illumi and Illumi blocks it with his forearm.

        His girlfriend starts walking up to me and producing her ren.

        "Finally, a new toy to play with." She sighs.

        "I'm (y/n)."

        "Chloe." She responds.

        She seems to teleport towards me and I teleport away too. We switch positions over and over again until I decide to make a move.

        I take out my tentacles and get up on them.

        "Tentacles? An interesting choice." She Chloe says.

        Her brown hair whips around as she tries to grab one of my tentacles and throw me off balance.

        I dodge swiftly. She ends up landing a punch to my stomach.

        'Come on! Use your slender sickness'

        I get back to focus and use my abilities on her.

        Chloe looks surprised, as would anyone, but it was a different type of surprise.

        "So you have powers."

        "It's an ability, I wouldn't describe it as that."

        "There's someone inside you, he's helping you."

        'How did she know?'

        'She's the girlfriend of an occult leader, what did you think would happen?'

        'True'

        "I bet you're speaking with him right now."

        "Hey girl!" Why does he keep calling me like that.

        "Yeah?"

        He runs up towards me, too fast for me to think, not even Illumi is able to help.

        My eyes widen as he steps closer and closer towards me, aiming for my heart. Regeneration won't save me from this.

        In the blink of an eye I was being covered by someone I've never met before, or maybe I have.

        He had dark blue hair, red eyes, and a slightly muscular body. He moved like a leaf blowing through the wind, so smoothly and airy.

        "Hi, my name's Avira." He says grabbing the hadn't of the man who tried to attack me. His voice sounded exactly like the one in my head.

        "So you're the one you was inside of her."

        "Yeah, next time you try to touch my sister, I'll kill you."

        "Sister?!" I yelled confused.

        "I-I'll tell you later."

        I have a brother? He looks to be the same age as me, like a twin, when I look closer at his face, he looks like me, although his hair and eyes are much different.

        Illumi runs up to the man and throws his needles into the back of his head, ultimately killing him.

        "What have you done?!" Chloe screams at Illumi.

        "Annoying." Avira says.

        He runs up behind her and breaks her neck. It makes the sound of a sickening crunch.

        "Our mission is done here." Illumi states. We go back, pay the bill, and drive away, back to the mountain.

        "Mind telling me how you're my brother?"

        "Well, it's a long story."

        "I want to know as well." Illumi says.

        "Mom cheated on dad."

        "What!?"

        "And at the same time mom and dad you know, they did 'the thing'"

        "You don't have to be so childish about it, we're all adults."

        "Whatever." He pouts.

        "Anyways, you got dads genes, while I got the other guy genes, who's technically my dad, but that doesn't matter now."

        "Go on."

        "When we were born I didn't, you know, survive."

        "Our family knew that I was the other guys kid, but they still treated you like trash for the reasons you grew up to believe in, our family's the bad guy in this story."

        "Wait, so you've been living in my head this whole Tim?"

        "Yeah, but it wasn't like I could do anything, you were so tense all the time and stuff, it kept me from being able to talk to you or escape."

        "So, are you alive now?"

        "No, I just look like I am, it's kind of like I'm in a corpse that doesn't decay."

        "That doesn't make much sense but ok."

        I turn my head to look at the road in front of me and watch as the leaves on the trees are blown by the small breeze passing by.

        "What would happen if someone tries to kill you?"

        "I won't die, since I'm already dead, but I'd have to heal."

        "How do you heal if you're in a corpse."

        "A healer, I need to teach you things about your abilities after."

        "Ok."

        The tires come to a halt in front of the Zoldyck estate.

        Avira disappears back into my head, making me feel a bit dizzy.

        'I don't want to be seen'

        "Ok, just don't make me think of weird things."

        Just as I say that, he makes me think of a duck riding a Giant hot dog in the middle of an erupting volcano.

        "I said don't!" I yell at Avira, but Illumi thought I was yelling at him because he put his arm around my neck.

        "(Y/N)?" Illumi takes his arm off from around my neck.

        "I was talking to Avira, not you, sorry."

        "Give me a warning next time." Illumi puts his arm back around my neck.

        He's getting comfortable with me, I feel like we're taking it too fast.

        I'm just going to go with the flow to see how things go.

        Avira pops out of my head again making me feel even dizzier.

        Illumi makes sure I don't fall.

        "Can I open the gate? Can I? Can I?" He asks, jumping around in excitement.

        "Sure." Illumi answers him.

        "Yes." He puts his hands up in the air.

        Avira walks up to the gate and pushes it with all his strength. He opens seven doors, just like I did, except, he doesn't use tentacles.

        We enter through the gates and he enters back into my head.

        'How was that?'

        'You're really strong.'

        'I know right.'

        I suddenly think of Avira flexing his muscles.

        I giggle at my new brothers silliness.

        'We're family.'

        'Always were.'

        'I'm glad I have someone like you in my family' I say

        'Me too'

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 736 19
(Y/N) is on the run, in and out is what she told herself, be invisible. But this year's hunter exam has different plans, a slap from her past, and a...
378K 9.7K 57
Y/n L/n, was one of the last survivors of the Kurta clan. She was found as a baby and grew up baking with her adopted Mother, becoming a master at ma...
275K 7.5K 51
You, Y/n are Leorio's twin sister (non identical) and you take the hunter exam to reunite with your older brother! Seems wholesome, right? That's unt...
3.9K 94 33
(y/n) used to live on the streets of Meteor City as a kid until their " brother " Chrollo found them and when (y/n) eyes flashed yellow, he somehow k...