Forgotten Passion (Haikyuu x...

By RichFingerland

Y/N L/N was once one of the best wing spikers in Tokyo, but he suddenly stopped playing, with most people obl... More

Bio
Chapter 1- Moving Out
Chapter 2- Moving in
Chapter 3 - The Next Tiny Giant?
Chapter 4 -An Encounter With The King
Chapter 5 - A Formidable Ally
Chapter 6 - Aoba Johsai Pt.1
Chapter 7: Aoba Johsai Pt.2
Chapter 8 - The Great King
Chapter 9 - The Game Gets Interesting
Chapter 10 - The Mighty Warrior
Chapter 11 - He Who Is Called Ace
Chapter 12 : A Toss To The Ace
Chapter 13: A New Beginning
Chapter 14: Karasuno Meets Nekoma
Chapter 15: Verses Nekoma
Chapter 16: Conclusion
Chapter 17: The Prefecturals Approach
Chapter 18: Arrival
VS Date Tech: Set 1
VS Date Tech: Set 2
Poll (Important)
VS Date Tech: Conclusion
Announcement

Prologue - Escaping his shadow

5.9K 155 28
By RichFingerland

For as long as he can remember, Y/N has loved volleyball. Despite his father pushing him too hard sometimes, his drive and determination to improve has stayed with him.

As a second year in middle school and already tall and skilled, he has a bright future in volleyball.

And today is a very important day. The final game of his second year. With his father, he arrives five minutes before the gym opens to get some practice in before the games start.

As odd as that may seem, its something Y/N and his dad have done before every game since his first tournament in elementary school at his rec league.

"Have you prepared, Y/N?" D/N asked his son.
"Of course dad." He replied with a smile. "I'm so excited. This is gonna be awesome!"
"You need to take this more seriously   Y/N." He said sternly. "This is the championship game, and I will not lose this."

D/N is not only the father of Y/N, but he's also his long time volleyball coach and the coach of his middle school team.
"Right," Y/N replied, lacking the excitement he had before. "I'm sorry."
It was at this moment that the doors were unlocked and they could enter.
"Be on the court in 3 minutes," D/N said.
"If you're late, you're sitting out for the first set." He wasn't worried he would lose without his son on the court because they had so much talent on the team, both starters and bench players.
"Yes sir." Y/N said unenthusiastically.

After getting ready, he looked at his phone and realized he only have 20 seconds to get to the court.
Sprinting at full speed, he slipped and fell because the floor was wet from a leaking water fountain. He got up as fast as he could and made it to the court, but was too late.
"You're five seconds late, Y/N." D/N said. You're benched for the first set. Now let's get to practicing."

30 minutes into practice

D/N set the ball for Y/N to spike the ball, and he hit it well, but it just barely went out. This has been happening for a while because Y/N landed on his elbows when he slipped and has been in a lot of pain since. He didn't tell his dad because it wouldn't make any difference.
"Dammit Y/N!" D/N yelled. "How many times are you gonna screw this up huh?! If you don't get it together I swear you'll never get to play volleyball again!"
He's been like this for a long time, and Y/N has gotten sick of it.
"You know what dad!" He screamed back. "You're right! I won't play volleyball ever again! I'm done with it! I stopped loving the game a long time ago! I've been verbally abused for years now, and I'm finished putting up with it!"
"What are you saying, Y/N? Are you quitting?"
Sounding eerily calm, Y/N responded with a simple, "Yes."

Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 34.5K 98
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
367K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
276K 8.3K 63
❝ Shut up,❞ ❝ Make me, 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬.❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 no matter how hard she tries to resist, the daughter of Hades ends up falling for Percy Jac...
128K 4.7K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...