Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters
Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 36: Partly
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 15: Piece of Cake

7.1K 267 535
By enchantedlioness

         Illumi lets go of me and I give him one more squeeze before I let go. He dries my tears with his hands and smiles.

        Illumi smile is very small, but I can tell it's there.

        "I like it when you smile." I say honestly.

        "Like this?" Illumi tries so smile but it looks more like something a certain high school hero teacher in a yellow sleeping bag would do.

        I put my hand on top of his head to the best of my ability, because I'm so short, and ruffle up his long hair.

        "It feels like the day has just begun, we'll have a long day tomorrow as well." Illumi says.

         He went back to his monotone self again.

        "Yeah, I'll see you at out mission tomorrow!"

       "It's an actual mission not just a date, so train" He reminds me.

        "I will, bye!"

        I walk in the opposite direction of Illumi to the butlers quarters, while I was walking, not far from where we had our small embrace, I found a bouquet of flowers lying on the ground.

        "What might this be for?" I ask myself out loud.

        There was a small card hanging off a string on one of the flowers.

        'To (y/n), I love you-Illumi'

       I take the flowers back to my room and put them neatly in a glass vase for them to make my room just a little more special.

        I save the note and put it in one of the drawers on my night stand.

        The practices should be based more on my abilities and how to make them stronger and more intimidating.

        There was something I had never tried before with my tentacles. It was walking with them, like a spider to be exact.

        I go outside to a large clearing of trees behind the quarters and make my tentacles. I try to balance on them all at the same time and keep falling down.

        My head started to hurt from falling down five feet over and over again.

        "Sometimes it takes trial and error," said Gotoh. He stands behind a tree and comes out so I can see him.

        "I guess..."

        "It's hard to come up with something, it's even harder to make it work."

        Gotoh and a few other butlers work with me on my tentacle problem until I was able to stand of my own eight tentacles.

        The next thing I would have to do was be able to walk like a spider. It took me a few tries, but since I mastered being able to stand, it wasn't too hard after watching a few videos of spiders and how they moved. I was never a fan of spiders, but this will make me seem strong.

        I never want to feel weak again.

        I worked on running through the forest around me in the Zoldyck estate with my tentacles so I could get used to dodging obstacles when I'm on my mission.

       A few years ago, all this training would've taken months to complete, but, now, it's only taking me a day.

        Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't worrying about my family and how they think about me as much.

      One day, I'd like to meet up with Cassandra and tell her about the progress I've made with the Zoldyck family. She doesn't even know where I am.

        The day goes by fast and I'm covered in sweat from the training.

        "You should rest, you'll be going on your first ever mission tomorrow. The family wants you to do this so you have more of a learning experience with fighting for a goal." Gotoh states.

         I go back into the butlers quarter and wipe the sweat from my forehead. I quickly wash myself up and get dressed in my night clothes. A maid comes in and takes my clothes out for washing.

         The moment I lay my head down on the soft silk pillow, I fall asleep.

         Time goes by, and when I wake up, I get dressed in my newly washed clothes and head out.

         The flowers from my room mark it's scent on me as I go to meet Illumi.

         The world seems to get brighter when I see Illumi standing at the exit of the gate.

          "Hi, Illumi!" I say excitedly.

        "Hey."

        "Let's go through the security guards gate, its tourist time, so we don't want to make anyone seem that the tasing gate is the real entrance."

        "Ok." I say as I follow him through the small door next to the giant iron gates.

       He opens the door and we go through it. There were people touring the place and watching us, not taking their eyes away from us.

       "Where are we headed?" I ask Illumi.

       "We're going to go to a café. There's a rumor of the person I'm trying to assassinate there, but it's a couples café and I didn't want to bring anyone else." He answers.

       "Are you one of the Zoldyck's?" An old man asks Illumi.

       He ignores him and we proceed to go to Illumi's expensive car.

       "Hey, you there! Girl!" I try not to look at the man interrogating us and keep moving.

         I sense him running up behind me and end up teleporting behind him instead.

         Illumi turns around to see the commotion.

         Right when he looks my way, the man tries to slice my cheek with his knife. It was a Bens Knife, so it most likely had poison on it.

        I dodged his attack as swiftly as I could, but some of the poison ended up entering my bloodstream through a tiny cut he made.

          I grab my cheek and hope that the poison wasn't lethal.

          Illumi sees this and nen starts leaking out of his body. Before long, his nen went crazy and his bloodlust could be identified from a mile away.

         "Illumi, let's go."

         "What? How could you not die? A tiny bit of poison from that knife could kill an elephant in a second?"

        "You tried to kill her?" Illumi says in a raspy voice.

        "I-"

         "Illumi, we can't delay anything much longer."

        "He tried to hurt you."

        "Let's talk about it on the way to the café."

        "Ok."

         Illumi tries to hold back his bloodlust and we walk to his car. I get inside of the car and he starts driving.

        "Are you okay, do you feel the poison."

        "No, I don't actually."

        "Do you think it's one of your abilities?"

        "It could be. Let me take out my phone and check."

        "How can you check you abilities on your phone?" He asks. He has no idea I who I base my abilities off of.

         "I actually base my abilities off of a character, I think that's what my nen is trying to copy now."

         "I see, that's never happened before, not without hard grueling training, but, since you are a specialist, your nen could have copied the first character or inspiration it thought of."

         "I'm just glad I chose s thing character and not some hot guy." I said too much.

         "I mean-Like you know."

         "I understand."

         Illumi peers over my phone and looks at what I looked up. Slenderman files.

         I look at a story from a man who travelled alone in the forest. The story was probably fake, but it sounded so real. There was a video of the incident he met with him.

         "Help, this guy is chasing me, no matter how far I go, he's always behind me!" He screams.

         The guy pulls out a gun and starts shooting him. Instantly, Slenderman starts healing himself, even his clothes are regenerated. Then, the video ends with static.

          "Woah." I say to myself.

       "One of his powers are regeneration." Illumi states.

        "Yeah, but how would I develop that sort of power if I didn't even know he had that power?"

        "I don't know, maybe we can visit the forest where he's been supposedly spotted one day, but for now, we must focus on the mission."

       We stop at a restaurant called 'Couple Café' and we enter inside.

        The moment we stepped in, we were interrogated by a waiter.

        "How long have you two love birds been together?"

         Illumi answers all of her questions.

      "We actually just got together, but, I wanted to do something special for my soul mate!" He answers as a completely different person.

        I nod my head along to what he says.

       But then, she answers the same questions that we were asked, but asks me to answer them.

        Every time she asks me a question, there was a voice in my head that told me what to say. I answered every question perfectly.

        "Sorry to interrogate you two, but we've had some cases where couples come in around this time who are just here to assassinate the president of the occult club here in this town." She bows and sits us down near the window.

        "An occult leader?"

        "Yeah, a lot of people want him dead for sacrificing powerful people for his cult."

        "What would you two like to order?"

        "I would like the couple smoothie, for the both of us." I tell her.

         "I'd like to order the couple cake for us." Illumi tells her.

         "Anything else for you two love birds?" She asks.

         "No thank you." Illumi answers.

         She walks away with the piece of paper where she wrote down our orders.

        "We're supposed to share the smoothie with a couple straw?"

        "It's like a straw with two heads. It's a strange new invention."

        "Yeah, in the movies, the two people always drink from two separate straws."

         "I guess, I've never really looked into those types of movies." He lies.

        I giggle and watch out to see if the guy we're supposed to kill walks through the door of the café.

         The waiter gives us the things we ordered and we start to chow down on our cake and drink from our smoothie.

        "This'll be a piece of cake." I joke with Illumi, holding up a small piece of cake on my fork.

        He smiles lightly and eats his portion.

        "I've never had this much cake at a time." He says.

         "Me neither." I laugh.

         The other couples in the room radiate happy energy and make me feel slightly jealous.

        The voice that told me the answers to the waiters questions starts speaking again.

        'Look to your left'

        I do and notice that there was a lever on the napkin container that didn't need to be there.

         "Illumi, look at that lever."

         "Lets keep it in mind."

         "Ok."

         We stay silent and drink from our couple straw.

         'He's coming' The voice says.

         'Who are you?' I think in my head.

         'I'll tell you later'

        "Illumi, I sense him." I partly lie.

        Who was this voice?

        'Go to the restroom'

         "I'm going to the restroom, I have a hunch"

         Illumi nods and keeps his guard up.

        'Go to the stall closest to the right'

        I enter the big stall.

       'Take the toilet roll out'

       I do as the male voice in my head says.

       There was a device there on the wall.

        It was a bomb.

        'It won't explode' The voice reassures me.

        'Are you the omniscience of my ability?' I ask the voice.

        'Yes, but I'm more, just do as I say'

        The voice tells me what to do so that the bomb won't explode and I find a tracking device inside.

        Someone had a tracking device and wanted to blow it up the moment someone went to the bathroom in this stall.

        I walk out of the bathroom and see the man we're supposed to assassinate.

        He was large and hid his face behind a mask that covered his entire face.

        This was only the beginning of my first mission. My heart raced as I sat back down.

        It was time for me to prove myself.

(A/N) Don't forget to vote and follow if you like this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5.8K 33
Silva and Kikyo told (y/n) to get a hunters license and make some friends. (y/n) Zoldyck usually stays on the mountain and when she leaves she wears...
16.5K 689 41
Y/n wants to get they hunter's license because they want to surpass them parents but not just surpass them but to kill them but then they meet Gon...
197K 5.3K 35
(Y/n) is an assassin for the (L/n) family. She's gone to participate in the Hunter Exams in an attempt to escape her assassin career. It should be a...
9.6K 263 15
[OC CENTRIC; UNBETA'D; generally mostly canon compliant] [constant EDITING, irregular updates] - Eirene has been brought back to the Zoldyck estate...