sugarhigh | jess mariano

By -chmpagneprob

| in which the nice cute waitress falls in love with the town's bad boy i feel so funny deep inside, when yo... More

sugarhigh
playlist
you only live once
act 1. freaking out in the interstate
02. betrayal and pushing people into lakes

01. get naked and personal to welcome a new citizen

2.1K 102 42
By -chmpagneprob

𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑲 & 𝑵𝑶𝑹𝑨/𝑺𝑰𝑫 & 𝑵𝑨𝑵𝑪𝒀

-

Fawn has a routine, it makes her feel like she actually has her life together. Maybe it's because her mother had drilled it into her head since she was five, telling her that she couldn't just live her life as whatever happens, happens.

For Fawn this meant wake up at 7:00 am and help make your breakfast. Then it's shower and find shirt that you haven't used a million times already, then fix your hair and face and then walk to Vivian's house. A routine that she has been following ever since she was six (with the exception of the last part), thank you mom.

Then the day would start with having Vivian's mother glare at her, because as she always put it, "she had corrupted god's gift to her", after Vivian would come out dressed like an Avril Lavinge video, therefore proving her point. Then it's was waiting another twenty minutes for Damon to arrive with his super loud car, a 1969 chevy camaro, (they really couldn't be bothered to walk to the first day of school), which would cause another glare from Mrs. Houle, but at this point they were used to it.

And right now she was currently on the last step of the routine, they were inside his car blasting, I Don't Want To Live Today by Ape Hangers, while Damon talked about his never ending crush on Rory Gilmore.

"I just think this year is the year I'll get her, you know?" Damon spoke excitedly, apparently after she had returned from her trip to Harvard, she had made small conversation with her and that was enough for him to think he would get the chance to became someone for her.

"Yeah, you said that too when we were fourteen and had a crush on Fawn," Vivian spoke up from the backseat without bothering to look up, she had her math homework that she hadn't finished last night on her lap and was chewing on the end of her pencil.

"Aww, you had a crush on me?" Fawn asked, putting her hand over her heart and turning to look at Damon with a teasing grin.

"You already know that, you dipshit! They were dark times, okay?" Damon said annoyed, since Fawn had found out he used to have a crush on her, the girls hadn't let it go, reminding him every second about how he once said he was going to marry her.

"And besides Rory has a boyfriend, D" Fawn reminded him, "You know, brown hair, plays hockey, freakishly tall and kind of a dick, rings any bells?"

"I know she has a boyfriend, Harper" he shot her a pointed look, before shrugging his shoulders, "All I need to do is show her that I can treat her way better than him."

"By doing what exactly?" Fawn asked, crossing her arms and leaning back on the passenger sit.

"Showing him up, you know, threatening him with just my presence."

"You are afraid of Dean, you back away every time he is around and you can barely speak to Rory without stu- stuttering like a fool," Vivian said, finally looking up from her math book, to look at Damon, "Miss anything?" she finished tilting her head to the side.

Fawn was looking at the exchange with an amused grin, "Viv, are you done with that?" she pointed at her math homework, Vivian nodded, "Can I copy it?" she asked fully turning her body to look at her better, giving her the best puppy dog eyes she could muster up.

"Has miss perfect finally missed a homework?" Damon asked, poking fun at Fawn, who had the highest grades in all of the school and had never missed an assignment.

"Miss perfect," Fawn said, shooting a glare at the boy sitting next to her, "didn't finish her homework last night, because she was busy studying for the first day of school history pop quiz," she turned around in her sit again and waited for the panic that was about to start.

"What do you mean, pop quiz?" Vivian asked, her voice slightly cracking due to the amount of stress she received at that moment.

"Well, you know how I told you, I left my notebook on Mr. Matthew's classroom on the last day?" seeing them both nod she continued, "I had to get it back, because I left, well, you know what I left in it, so when my grandma and I went to Miss Patty's, I stole her set of keys to Taylor's office, then I proceeded to break into the office and there I stole the set of keys Taylor has for the school, and let me tell you, that man has keys for everything, then I went into the school, but when I went to get my notebook, I saw a set of quizzes in his desk, so I grabbed one went to the teacher's lounge, made a photocopy of it and,"putting her hand into her bag and grabbing the stolen quiz, she pulled it out, "Here it is!"

Both of them reached for it, groaning at her when she pulled it back, "First, I want that math homework."

When she had the book in her hands she passed it to Damon who started looking at it, while Vivian leaned over and started looking at it too, "You are a master mind, Fawn Harper," Vivian said, smiling at her.

__

Fawn's first day of school wasn't really going how she had imagined it, first they ended up late for their first class thanks to both, Damon and Vivian, who had studied for the pop quiz at least twenty times, then she had the pleasure to run into Dean. Who talked about Rory and immediately killed Damon's good mood.

"You shouldn't let it affect you that much, you know?" Fawn said, looking up at Damon who was sitting down leaning against a tree.

"Yeah," Vivian added, taking her eyes off the book she was reading, "We all know you are way better than him."

"It's not that," Damon sighed, "he just bothers me, everything about him just rubs me the wrong way."

"I liked Rory, ever since she shared that blue crayon with me in the first day of kindergarten,"

"Very specific," Vivian whispered to Fawn.

"I have only liked one girl ever since,"

"Me!," Fawn whispered-yelled back.

"Oh, for like five seconds don't feel that special," he answered, looking at Fawn and Vivian who were both giggling.

"And they say romance is dead," Fawn shot back.

And it was like the day would only just get worse, as Shane one of the few people she completely despised, completely dropped all her coffee on top of Fawn. They were friends, until Shane did a complete one eighty and became a total bitch to her. Fawn really didn't know what she had done wrong to make her behave like that and she really tried to remain civil. Until Shane made out with Fawn's first boyfriend and then it became constant war between them both.

Letting out a gasp, Fawn stood up abruptly, the other two sitting next to her following immediately.

"Oh my god, I am sorry Fawn," she said, sounding really insincere and a look of fake pity on her face.

"I'm sure you are," Fawn answered, glaring at her.

"You know, I wish you luck on the cheerleading tryouts today, hope you don't smell like coffee and look all stained."

"God! I hate her," Fawn screamed, once Shane had left and walked inside of the school, "I smell and stink like coffee, my hair is full of it too," grimacing at the smell, she looked at Vivian with a panicked look.

"Why are you even trying out for cheerleading?" Damon asked, "You hate it."

"It looks good on a college application," Fawn answered rubbing her eyes frustratedly, "The day I didn't wear black this happens, yay me!"

"Look calm down," Vivian spoke up, "You keep a spare t-shirt at Luke's, right?"

"Yeah."

"So, run!" Vivian said, pointing her hands out to where Luke's was, "There is twenty-two minutes left of lunch time, if you book it, then you can wash your hair and change your shirt, and maybe you can even style it."

"Okay! I'll see you guys later," Fawn waved at them as she started to run.

Once she made it inside Luke's, she saw Lorelai and him in the middle of a conversation, "Hi, so sorry to interrupt, but Luke can I use your shower?"

"Sure."

As she started to go up the stairs to Luke's apartment, she suddenly felt a tug on her arm, the redhead turned around and saw Lorelai.

"What do you think about Luke adopting a kid?"

"I'm not adopting it! I'm taking care of him, so he can graduate high school and become a better man."

"Oh really, Daddy Warbucks?" Fawn asked, rising one eyebrow teasingly.

"Never call me that again," Luke answered, frowning, "He is your age, so help him around at school, please?"

"Is he hot?"

That gained her a laugh from Lorelai and a groan from Luke.

"Well, is he?"

"Go shower," Luke said, pointing towards the stairs without even turning to look at her again.

"Is he? You aren't answering my question Luke." Fawn continued, but stopped once she saw him just point at the stairs again.

——

Fawn had never showered so quickly, ever. Well, maybe because her showers usually involved other activities like singing and crying, so maybe that was the reason.

All she had to do was find her shirt, put it on and then she would be set, thankfully the coffee hadn't made it all the way to her bra, as it was still fine and didn't have any stains. But before she could even begin her search for that one AC/DC shirt that was one size too big on her, she stopped dead in her tracks.

"Are you like, breaking in?" she asked the guy who was just standing there staring at her, as if he was inspecting her, when he didn't answer, she kept questioning him "Came her to steal, Luke's diner money or something?"

"Because we keep everything in the counter downstairs," she added after another moment of silence, "I really shouldn't be telling this to robber," she muttered under her breath.

"I now live here," the guy answered not really sounding happy about it, finally snapping of whatever he had been thinking about before, still he stared at the half naked girl in front of him.

"Luke's nephew?"

"Luke's nephew,"

"Luke's nephew just saw me half naked, great," she murmured, grabbing her shirt and quickly putting it on.

"Luke's nephew doesn't mind," he answered back.

"Luke's nephew is kind of an ass, nice to know," she quipped back.

"So, what are you doing in my uncle's bathroom?"Jess asked, "I mean, haven't really talked to the guy in a long time, but I did not think he would be into younger girls."

"Oh my god!" Fawn immediately pulled a face, "No! Gross! No! He is like my father."

"Then why are you half - naked in his apartment?"

"This bi- someone dropped coffee all over me," she scowled at just the thought of Shane, "I had to come change, got cheerleading tryouts, yay!" her tone of voice became sarcastic at the end.

"Everyone in this town has pep, huh?" he replied, Jess had been here for less than two hours and he was already planning his escape.

"If you count pep as, I want to throw myself out the window half of the time, then yes I have a lot of pep," Fawn looked at the clock on the wall, realizing if she didn't run back now, she would probably not make it to the tryouts. "Well, whatever your name is," she picked up her bag, slipping it over her shoulder and waking over to the door, without looking back at him, "As much as I have enjoyed this chat, I must leave," she walked out of the apartment
but before she could leave she heard him say something.

"What?" she turned back around, a half amused smiled on her face.

"My name is Jess."

"Nice name, Jess," she smiled at him, before leaving and making her way back to school.

And as she left, Jess kept his gaze at her, thinking about how she never gave him her name.

f.h

author's note
ihatethisihatethisihatethis
this sucks so bad, i just wanted to put something out
so here it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 86.1K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
411K 24.7K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
207K 7.2K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...