Redemption.

By breetypes

They say time heals all wounds. What if in that time you continue to be wounded? What if you never find REDEM... More

Redemption|muse.
Redemption.|preface.
copyright.©
redemption|two.
redemption|three.
Redemption|four.
Redemption| five.
Redemption|six.
redemption|seven.

redemption|one

26 1 0
By breetypes

a/n: I had gotten bored with the story... a little change in the plot. xoxoxo

"GET OUT JULIAN!" Kari threw the cookbook that laid on the kitchen island. He walked out her apartment without any hesitation or a fight which made Kari cry even harder. She felt on the purple bruise that was tattooed on her leg. She had had enough of this from him.

But why? Why did she stay after all of the humiliation, physical and mental abuse that she went through? She didnt have too. She didnt even know if she was in love with him or the idea of him bein hers. The faces of the girls that drooled over him in the stands when he blew a kiss at her every time he made a touchdown. But if they knew the things that happened behind closed doors they wouldnt even show up to anymore of the games.

But why him? What stood out about him? Was it that he was the first guy she ever paid attention to since you know who? The way he looked at her. Like she was most beautiful girl she had ever seen. She couldnt even say "He wasnt always like that." because he indeed showed all the signs, she was just too blinded by the attention she was getting.

But was it worth it? Was it worth the pain? Physical abuse that she had to spend endless hours covering up. She lost herself in him. Not knowing the person that looked back at you in the mirror.

Was it worth it?

"Grannie used to say 'Everything happens for a reason. Everything and everyone has a purpose.'"

"What was the reason for this? What was the purpose?"

"Maybe love is not for me. i keep getting let down."

"Maybe I'm suppose to be in love with myself only?"

"I dont want to end up like my momma. Strung out on love."

CRASH!

"ғᴜᴄᴄ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ, ɢɪᴍᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ."

"Amir you go on in five minutes." His manager said snapping him out of his thoughts.

He nodded his head to signal he heard her.

He found hisself back on her page like he did everyday since he bribed Cameron, his tech savvy neice with 50 dollars to tell him her instagram. Scrolling through her pictures everyday. He memorized the captions. Although she definitely looked different from tenth grade she still had that same contagious smile.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1,..." the camera man called making August put his phone in his pocket.

"Amir Bishop is in the building." Ebro said into the mic.

"Wassup." Amir smiled.

"The album is out. "This Thing Called Life." They announced.

"Yes, in stores now." Amir instantly said getting hype.

"So lets talk about the album." Peter started "What were you thinking when you were putting it together." He questioned.

Amir pursed his lips as he thought of an answer.

"Honestly, I was really inspired by life itself. You know hence the name of the album." He responded.

"Well my favorite song of course was 'Would You Know?'" Laura confessed.

"Yes, I like that song alot too." Amir thought back to when he first wrote that song as a teenager. He started to smile to hisself.

"Tell us why it was so special." Laura suggested.

"I wrote that song a long time ago, about this girl." Amir thought back to being in his room thinking about Bakari as a teenager.

"Well who is this girl?" Ebro asked.

"She was my first love. A big component of my success." He stroked his chin hair with his thumb and index finger.

"I actually wrote alot of songs about her." He thought out loud.

"Aww, Amir thats so sweet." Laura cooed.

"Right. Do yall still talk?" Ebro asked.

"Um, no. We lost touch after i moved to Houston." Amir told them.

"Girl I need you to do my hair." Bakari said as soon as she saw Charmaine's face pop up on the screen.

"You do realize we are in two different states right." Charmaine furrowed her eyebrows as she propped her phone against the mirror in the bathroom since she was doing Kamya's hair.

"Hay auntie b!" She exclaimed waving her hand at the phone making Bakari's heart melt.

"Aww hay Kay Kay. I miss you boo." Bakari cooed at the camera.

"I keep telling auntie b to come see us. To get her mind off of that job." Charmaine commented.

"I know and I really want to but you know I've just been busy." Bakari instantly rolled her eyes at the schedule shes been having.

"Mhm." Charmaine added.

"Anyways, where is everyone else?" Bakari asked referring to Cameron and Alex, her other two daughters.

"At school, Kay has a doctors appointment so she didnt go today." Charmaine said parting and braiding the last section of Kamya's hair.

"So what you got planned today Kari?" Charmaine asked Kari.

Kari smiled to herself because she planned on driving to Atlanta to surprise them for her birthday.

"I have to mail you your birthday gift." Bakari smiled clapping her hands showing how excited she was.

"I have to make some treats for this lady's bridal shower." Bakari trailed off.

"Which reminds me, i have to check and see where she wants to meet at." She said before picking up the phone and traveling to her office to check her planner to get the information she needed to fulfill this order.

"Girl i would kill for a slice of your carrot cake." Charmaine shook her head at the flashbacks of enjoying her famous baking.

"Girl, you will sooner than later." Bakari smiled.

They talked somemore before it was time for them to be on the way to the pediatrician.

Bakari started working on the bridal shower treats. She only had to do cupcakes and chocolate covered oreos. But she was also baking a cake and cupcakes and more goodies for Charmaine. Her goal was to have everything ready and all of her things packed in her car so that once she delivered the treats to the lady she could be on her way to atlanta.

...

"Aww thery're adorable!" She cooed.

"I'm gonna take a video.." She said pulling out her phone. I laughed as I moved the balloon once more to my liking.

"Yes ma'am yall look at these treats," She showed the camera the treats closely before backing up and showing the whole table. "Y'all get at my boo Kari she the goat at this." I smiled before saying period. She stopped the video and tagged me before adding it to her story.

"Thank you again girl. i'm gon send you all the picutures as soon as I get them. Hope you have a safe trip." she finished before giving her a hug.

"Ohh here girl." She speed walked to the favor table and picked up a gift bag adding a few more things to it. She speed walked back and handed it to me.

"Awww thank you girly." Kari peaked in the bag seeing candy and little samples of products. She said goodbye once more before grabbing her hot pink overcoat and putting it over her long sleeve turtle neck bodycon jumpsuit. She grabbed her purse and put on her black shades and walked out of the venue as they were using for the bridal shower.

Once she got to the car she rearranged the way the cake and the other treats were in her cooler bag so they didnt melt. Then she walked to the drivers seat and jumped in and qued up her playlist. Then she began her six hour drive to Atlanta.

"One minute I be on ya. Next minute I be chillin." The radio began to play the hit song by Amir Bishop. Kari quickly changed the radio station with a quickness. She shook her head and rolled her eyes before shaking the thought of him from her brain. She grabbed her lip gloss from the cup holder and applied it expertly while driving.

She couldnt stand his voice or the thought of him at all. You could tell the wounds were still fresh despite almost ten years passing by. But the little girl inside of her really thought he was her true love. She chuckled thinking about the nights she would stay up to read her moms daily love horoscopes to see if virgos and taurus's were compatible. 

Turns out they were and that only gave her another reason to fall in love face first with him, and she hated herself for it. She was so young and vulnerable. She wished she would have grown some type of back bone to guard herself. But I guess you live and learn.

___________________

"Surprise!" Kari said when the door swung open. She saw the surprised look on Charmaine's face almost making her drop the comb that was in her hand.

"Bakari Amara Langston!" She said in shock, finally letting her in the house. She walked in with her bags.

"Auntie B!" Cameron ran up to her. She gently sat her bags on the counter before giving her a big hug.

Kamya and Alex both came running towards her making them all have a group hug.

"Kay Kay i thought we was..." His eyes planted on the face he'd thought he'd never see again. "p-playing hide and go seek." He was happy to see her he didnt know how to react so he waited for her too.

Bakari stood up from her squatted postion and her eyes landed on his beautifully structured face. 

You could probably see the awkwardness that was in the air. She rolled her eyes quickly before turning around towards the bar where Charmaine was giving her the eye. 

Kari shrugged in a what do you want me to do manner. She had nothing to say to him, and she hoped he didnt as well. She didnt want to start an arguement in front of the girls so she decided to not say anything at all.

"Come on girls let me check your homework." Charmain said as they all followed behind her up the stairs.

Kari squinted her eyes at her before she mouthed "I love you too" and blew her a kiss.

"Hey Kari." He said coming towards her.

"Wassup." She nodded her head staring down at her newly done fingernails thanks to her friend Ansley. She could feel him staring a whole into the top of her head, because he couldn't see her face.

"What do you want Amir?" Kari asked sinking her shoulders with an atittude that an ant could spot. She was confused as to why he was still trying to talk to her. All the times she tried to contact him he acted as if he was the busiest in the world and had no time for her.

"See there it go." He laughed referencing her attitude. He didn't know what she was mad about.

"I dont know why you expected something different Amir. Ain't shit sweet nigga." She was now a little irritated at his oblivious ways. He didnt even apologize.

"Its always an arguement with you." He mumbled.

"Say it with yo chest nigga." She looked him in his eyes for the first time. Amir could just melt right there. He hadnt seen her in person in over five years. She still had that flawless skin with those soft pink lips and brown eyes. He was an indeed sucker for her. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her chuckle.

"Yea, thats what I thought nigga." She said getting up. A part of her wanted him to argue back, to let her know he still cared even though she hated his guts, she still had a spot in her heart for him, the same one that he shattered. She wanted him to put it back to pieces. But her pride and stubborness wouldn't allow it.

She felt his arm grab onto her wrist. She tried to mask her smile before looking back at him with a mug.

"Let go of me Amir." She looked at him and could see that he wanted to say something. She prayed that he would but he closed his mouth when he let go of her gently. She walked towards the stairs to go to the guest room she always occupied.

—————

"You need to let go of all of that." Charmaine sat next to Kari as who was eating a slice of cake watching the girls go up and down the slide. They were currently at Travis's little girl's birthday party at this bouncy house place. 

She could admit that she was having a good time until she brought up the situation with Amir. She cut her eyes at Charmaine and ignored her remark. She didn't know everything that went down that day, and that effected her judgement on the topic. 

Kari felt like covering the scars was the best thing for her instead of rushing to the aid of them, if you know what I mean.

"You'll end up like me. Alone." She spoke taking a sip from her red solo cup. She just didn't want them to mess up the connection they had between each other by being stubborn.

 A blind man could see the electricity between them since the 8th grade.

"I don't have time to fuss and fight with him." Kari was irritated. She didn't come all the way to Atlanta to talk about Amir. She wanted to spend time with Charmaine and the girls.

"Then dont. Yall are grown, have a mature conversation." She responded quicker than Kari expected.

"I am not looking for a relationship or friendship. And if I did it wouldn't be with Amir, I been there done that." Kari sat up and said.

"Kari you two are so stubborn. Just alike its scary." She chuckled.

Kari decided not to say anything, she just looked around at all the bright smiles on the children's faces. She smiled to herself. As a child she wished she had siblings or cousins to play with.

 She didn't blame her parents because she knew the situation. Her mom tried her best to be the best friend she needed. Then the moved right before 8th grade, and she happened to be at the playground when she saw Charmaine, then they became best friends, totally inseparable.

"I guess this wont bother you then." Charmaine whispered pointing to the front desk where Amir and a woman were getting a wristband.

 Kari looked over at the two, she saw that she had her arm locked around his like she was holding on for dear life. She did feel some type of way, but she wasnt going to say anything.

"It's ok to feel a way Kari. I know they are not going to last. She cant cook and you know how Amir is about that." She informed her, Kari laughed.

Kari's heart was racing out of her chest when she saw them heading towards the table that Charmaine and Kari were sitting in front of the jumpers. Kari adjusted the tan cardigan she had on top of her black bodycon dress.

"Hey ladies." Amir greeted.

"Hey Mir, Hey Adrian." She waved. She kicked Kari's leg under the table making her flinch. She mentally sighed.

"Hey guys." She forced a smile.

"Adrian this is Bakari, Bakari this is Adrian." He introduced the two.

"Hi nice to meet you."Kari smiled waving her hand.

"You too Baakari." She said pronouncing the A a little too hard. Kari smiled at her attempt at being petty.

"You can call me Kari. Or nothing at all." Kari corrected her. Charmaine pinched her arm making her look with an innocent face.

"Adrian you wanna go sit down?" He said walking away. Kari smiled internally.

"I think I'm gonna go get another drink. You want one?" She asked Charmaine getting up. She just shook her head and rubbed her temples. Kari took that as a yes. If she she didnt want it then it was more for her.

"Yes can I have two mango margaritas." She said to the bartender. Kari liked that they had adult beverages here at the bouncey place. The adults need to have a little fun too every once in a while. You just had to make sure you had your tickets that they gave you at the door. She slide the red tickets to the person before she felt a presence come up behind her.

"You really something else." She heard the smooth voice. It sent nostalgic chills down her spine, until she realized who the fuck she was, she straightened up and put on her resting bitch face.

"What do you wancdct?" She asked looking in his face. Normally she wouldn't really care to look at him, but today she was looking good and she wanted him to see it.

"You gon get enough of having an attitude with me, lil girl." He laughed. Kari furrowed her eyebrows because she found not a damn thing funny.

"I'm not little, you must got me confused with ole girl over there." She pointed to Adrian who was taking pictures of herself. Amir poked the side of his cheek looking at her. She was just so pretty to him. She had really grown up and it was weird to him. He always found it hard to watch people grow up, but Kari hit different because he didnt get a chance to see her grow up, he just saw her a couple of times.

"Stop looking at me." She made a sour face at him.

He shook his head.

"My bad I didnt mean to make you nervous." He said cockily.

"Ni-" She began.

"Two mango margaritas." The woman said sitting them on the counter. She side eyed him before grabbing them and walked off to the table she shared with her best friend. As soon as she sat down Charmaine was at it again with the Amir talk.

"Amir!" Adrian snapped in his face. When he didnt respond she turned her head in the directions his was in and looked at what he was looking at, Kari. Adrian then looked at Amir again, she knew they had something by the way he was just staring at her.

"Who is that Amir?" She hit the table. He jumped out his thoughts.

"What?" He asked.

"Who is that Kari girl?" She asked again.

"An old friend." He spoke simply. He honestly didnt know Adrian like that, so he wasnt about to tell her who Kari was. He wasnt going to bring her, but she didnt leave this morning and he didn't feel like arguing with her.

"She's more than that Amir. Tell the truth." She was intrigued. Clearly whatever he was feeling for her, it was mutual, because whenever he wasn't looking at her, she was looking at him. Adrian peeped all of it. She wasnt mad or anything because they werent in a relationship, they just went places together for publicity. There were no contracts of anthing. They just kind of did it, to do it.

"I dont wanna get into that." He ignored her question.

Their eyes connected once more, Kari bucked at him making him smile at her, she turned away at looking at a smiling Charmaine. 

"That nigga just keep staring." she mumbled under her breathe as she stirred her drink getting ready to take a sip from it.

_______________________

Thanks for reading!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

-breeeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
182K 9.1K 39
Highest rank 6 #sanyairani Prologue When your Love give you pain then what it would have happened ? When your Love become mistake then What it woul...
33.3K 1.7K 69
𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬.𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝟮𝟰𝘁𝗵,𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬-𝗔...
172K 13.6K 45
Is it possible to love when you've never been loved? How do you know the feeling? How can you differentiate between love and hate when the person tha...