Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
🖍🎨 Drawings 🎨🖍
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2

238 15 8
By Namifangurl07

Miyuki and the girls came rushing out of the store, only to witness the show in front of them that is known as chaos and distress. People running around, screaming, crying, some were injured or on the ground passed out, but thankfully most of them were smart enough to get out of the place and from the source of the whole destruction.

A figure was standing in the middle with a crazed look on his face. A face that represented sick madness. His hair was like winter fire. The orbs were scarlet red. The veins around the eyes popped out and coloured with the same blood-red colour, and his lips, they held a sinister smile on his face while his hand was grasping onto Yusuke's neck who was helplessly trying to free himself from the chokehold.

"You never learn, do you Detective? " Taunted the demonic creature as his devilish grin widened to the point that his razor-sharp teeth were showing.

"What gave the idea old man?" The boy Spirit Detective retorted back sarcastically as he tried to claw the skin off of his enemy's arm, in some attempt to get away from him.

"Hmpf, no matter how old you are, your bairn will forever remain as the size of a pea." The demon darkly said as his fingers began to squeeze the little boy's neck. "Why should I be surprised in the slightest? You're a human after all. And those demon traitors. . . heh . . . They are not even worth to spit on." He added as he head turned to the redhead and fire demon who were all tied up, along with Kuwabara by some sort of dark spell that surrounded the two. "Say goodbye to your career, Yusuke Urameshi!" With that, he threw him away.

Just as Yusuke's ten-year-old body was about to hit the wall, his sister came in time to rescue. She jumped off of the first floor's balcony edge and flew toward her brother. Miyuki wrapped her arms around Yusuke's small frame and held him tight. The siblings managed to get to a safe place, but to the female figure's luck, she was the one that took the harsh impact of the landing. They bounced and rolled on the solid surface like three times. On the fourth one, the girl's arms went limp and let go of Yusuke, who rolled out of the embrace. The boy was upon his knees and forearms, but as soon as he saw Miyuki lying on the ground, his strength suddenly came back.

"SIS!" Yusuke cried out in worry as he rushed to the black-haired girl who rolled onto her back and let out a groan in pain. "You're okay there?"

"I just jumped off of a balcony and landed on this dirty floor like I am a freaking ball, almost costing a leg or arm, what do you think pipsqueak? " The sister figure sassed as she lifted herself up and try her very best to ignore her aching body.

"Heh, glad to see your humour is the same." Yusuke retorted as he helped his sister stand.

"Hn. Screw you." Miyuki told him half-heartedly with her eyes rolling in annoyance.

"Heh, screw you too Miyu." The brother figure jokingly back, knowing this kind of exchange way too well from the good old days. A way to tell how they 'love' each other.

"URAMESHI!" Kuwabara's sudden scream of yell snapped the two out of their small conversation. "Agh! A little help here!" He asked his friend while he and the others were floating in the air by their criminal.

"On it!" Yusuke said as he prepared his signature finger gun at the demon once more.

"It won't work on me, little boy. Just like last time, remember?" Reminded the evil yokai as he lifted his free hand that now held an orb of red flames. "Now say goodbye to your little friends here!" While that sentence Miyuki saw the large ceiling lights that were hanging right above them. She then looked down at her hand as her memory led to that particular one moment when she found out about her second gift.

"Listen, do me a favor and shut up!" Yusuke snapped as the tip of his finger was still on the target. "SPIRIT GUN!" Just before the spirit bullet escaped the female Spirit Detective aimed the spiritual weapon at the large lamp instead, in the very last second.

"WHAT THE HELL MIYUKI!?! I HAD A CLEAN SHOT?!?!" Yusuke screamed angrily at his sister, but she paid no mind to it because she was focusing on the trapped boys.

The huge lamp with crystals began falling toward the demon and the other boys. With quick instincts and reflexes, Miyuki punched the air and shot a gust of powerful wind at her teammates, saving them from the crushing experience.

They were falling but were soon caught by a water whip.

Kurama opened one eye and looked at their saviour, who was non-other than Ruby.

"Thanks for dropping by." She joked as she began to use her water-bending to somehow reverse the curse on them with the help of Botan.

"How the hell are you so quick in thinking?" Yusuke asked in amazement but his voice was far from polite or nice. Miyuki just shrugged in reply before turning to the ceiling light. Glass crystals scattered around the place and by the looks of it, the criminal who the Detectives were trying to capture is now lying still, covered by the broken pieces. The air was filled with intensity, making it hard for others to feel at ease. The body of the yokai's haven't moved for ten seconds straight. . . but still, there was something off about it.

"Uh, is it. . . dead. . . ?" Kuwabara asked hesitantly as he and his friends got up from the floor. Before anyone can say another word, the demon's eyes snapped open and blew the ruined lamp off of himself. The sharp crystals almost hit the team if it wasn't for the water-benders' ice shield.

"Now you had done it." Hiei huffed in a tone that clearly showed that he blamed Kazuma for this.

"WHAT?!" The said person snapped at the little demon who stayed in his fighting stance and just flat out ignore his human teammate. His eyes and everyone else's stare was fixated on their main target.

The lunatic just stood there, looking at the Spirit Detectives and their small team with fury and hatred in his eyes that were now glowing brightly.

"You all look pathetic." Was all he said before he unleashed his powers. It was so powerful that it knocked everyone or everything that was around the area. The ice wall, that was once before they break into splinters, making everyone shield themselves with their arms but some people's footings were not stable enough to stay on the floor. Kazuma, Botan, and Yusuke were the first ones to hit the pillars or walls. Then next Kurama and Hiei almost got knocked off of their feet, but Ruby managed to catch the two and helped them stay stable.

Once the moment was over, everyone got into their position once more.

"Okay, you freak! You just pissed me off even more." The male Spirit Detective cried out enraged as he was launched at him with Miyuki, Ruby, and the other boys by his side.

They surrounded the demon and of course by the looks of it he was trapped, outnumbered with no chance of having an escape.

However, this was not the case. Each attack that came toward the yokai, who blocked them with ease, either with his arms that were shielded with his powers or by using those black tentacles that are coming out of his back.

In other words, the team was hopeless against this new enemy.

Kuwabara got punched constantly many times in the gut and in the end, he got thrown into the nearby fountain. Yusuke was picked up by one of those black tentacles, making him hanging upside down. Hiei went for the head of the madman but instead, he got knocked to the other side, making him bump into Kurama and sweep the floor clean with their clothes and faces.

Seeing this Miyuki let out a short battle cry before she threw more punches and kicks at the yokai who had no problem avoiding them. 

The demon would occasionally get his own set of hits that he wanted to share with the female spirit detective, but despite for him having the upper hand, she was a bit faster than he thought she was.

However, he eventually got the girl when she accidentally tripped on her feet clumsily. He took that opportunity and strikes down on the back of her neck. making her fall forward. 

But. . . He didn't expect the girl to quickly recover, stand on her hands then send a kick upward to his chest area, making him fly back a few feet but getting her goal in the process.

Yusuke was free from the lunatic's grasp once more.

"Not bad." The yokai complimented as he wiped the blood from the corner of his eyes. "But not good enough."

The female spirit detective was about to attack again but this time the enemy was prepared. He captured her by his tentacles that got one of her ankles. This got her distracted for a minute, which was enough for her enemy to get her by the neck as well. He threw her far away from her teammates. The girl's kunai bag fell onto the floor next to Hiei's feet, right before she made contact with one of the shops' glass door that shattered into pieces.

"MIYUKI!" Kurama screamed in terror.

"NO!!!" Ruby cried out as she turned to her opponent, now determent to make him pay. Yusuke and Hiei looked at Miyuki's direction with horror-filled eyes, but soon their blood began to boil up with anger just like their other female teammate.

Without any hesitation, Ruby began to send icicle bullets at the yokai.

He gasped a little at the sight, but nonetheless, he dodged each of those sharp bullets. Unfortunately, though, he was so focused on those smaller attacks that he didn't even notice a huge water blast, that for sure hit him in the face and froze in that instant, along with the surprised expression that he held at the moment. The ice was so heavy that it made the crazy demon fell face first.

When he was free from that icy trap, his face instantly shifted to an angry expression with eyes burning with rage. He turned to the water-bender and was ready for a kill, but for some reason, his feet got stuck.

"What?" He breathed out as he looked down to see green vines with thorns creeping up on his ankle and reach up to his torso. "You!" He called out with venom dripping down from his tongue as his hate-filled eyes stared at the small redhead figure. Hiei took that chance to grab onto Miyuki's throwing knives and use one to pin his enemy down by stabbing his hand palm. The pain made the demon cry out in pain, and shut his eyes in reflex.

"It's over you fool!" The fire demon spat out before stabbing another kunai into the enemi's shoulder this time, making the enemy scream in agony once more.

"Out of the way Hiei!" Yusuke sternly instructed as his left hand went to grasp onto his right wrist. The right fist began to glow.

"SHOTGUN!" Many spirit bullets flew out of them and it hit the target perfectly.

_________________________________________________________

A faint voice was ringing inside my ears over and over again as I feel myself slip into consciousness. However, deep regret washed over me, just like the fucking pain that I began feeling in my back, that soon spread through my entire being. I open my good eye open as best as I can, but all I saw was a blurred picture of a figure that was leaning over my face. Fortunately, my hearing started to recover just like my eyesight.

"Miyuki! Honey are you okay?!" Botan asked in a panic as she softly slapped my cheek.

"I'll live." I cough it out to her bluntly as I grabbed her wrist to stop her slapping. My body attempted to lift itself up, but the striking pain prevented it and instead made me let out a small yelp.

Gosh darn it, why are we always end up with several injuries after each fucking mission. I swear to god, if I ever face that toddles bitch again, I will put that pacifier ten inches down his throat.

"Did you find her Botan?" I hear someone ask not so far. Slowly and painfully I turned my head slightly in the direction, only to see Shuichi and the others. This time, however, they weren't little pipsqueaks, but teens. My eyes then soon fell onto that one figure that had been thrown over Kuwabara's shoulder.

"I guess you beat him?" I weakly asked out of curiosity as I once again forced my body to lift itself up, but just like before, I had no success. A small grunt came out of my throat by doing those movements.

"Less talk and more moving. We have to get out of here before the police and the fire department show up." Botan urgently told us before turning back to my face. "Can you move your body Miyuki?" Instead of saying anything, I let out a small grunt of pain.

"Yusuke, Kuwabara, take Miyuki and Ruby back to Genkai." Shuichi instructed. "Hiei, you go with Botan and make sure our criminal won't get away."

"What about you Kurama?" Kazuma asked with a little concern in his voice.

"I'll stay to erase every footage the security cameras got and the memories of the people who were standing by." Rosehead reasoned. "We can't let them know about this."

"How are you going to do that alone?" I asked with a raspy voice while my brother picked me up as carefully as he could.

"Yeah, don't you need help?" Yusuke pointed out as well.

"Don't worry, I will make sure he will get all the help he needs." Botan reassures before two portals summoned in front of us. "Now let's go." With that, we all went on our separate ways.

[30 minutes later. . . ]

"Can you feel your body?" Ruby asked as I was soaking in the bathtub that was in the middle of the healing room.

"I guess so. . ." I meekly replied, feeling a little sore still, but at least I was able to somehow move my limbs again. It was not perfect, but I think I'll manage.

"It will take a while to get back in shape." Master Yara informed me as she casually walked in. "So don't move too much for the time being, you got that? I don't need another dimwit doing something reckless and stupid." She then let out a small groan of disapproval and disappointment. "And here I thought you were the smart and more responsible one out of the two."

Now it was my turn to groan out in frustration. Why do I get this?

"Ugh. . ." I huffed out loud as I used my arms to get up from the bathtub.

"H-here, let me help you." Ruby offered but I shook my head and waved my hand.

"I-I'm okay." I tried to reassure her. . . or more like trying to convince myself that I don't really need help because I can take care of myself.

"It's okay to ask for help. . ." Ruby said softly as she took me by my arm and guided me to one of the beds.

"I am not weak." I told her a little sternly, avoiding her gaze as the feeling of embarrassment crept up into my chest. And it felt. . . painful . . "I'm not some damsel of distress. . ."

"I know. . ." My water-bender partner said with a warm and understanding smile. "But even the strongest person needs some support. And it's okay to ask for help at times." I didn't say anything to that but turn my body away from her. . . feeling a little. . . ashamed of myself. . .

I hate to be seen like this. . .

I am not weak. . . I am not. . .

A small gasp escaped from my lips as I feel arms wrapping around my small frame.

"I know you're not. . ." My friend said in a soft tone, still embracing me. Can she look into my mind? How is she doing this? "But either way, don't bottle up the pain within you and keep it. . . It's not healthy. . ." Then she let out a small laugh. "Also, even though you don't want my help right now, you did ask for it when it came to your emotional problems." That made my stomach twist.

She was right. . . I did ask for her help.

Gosh, I am such a dork. . . and a fool. . .

"Hey." Ruby gently called as she pulled away from me. "Don't think too much about it okay? Just get some rest okay?" With that, she gave a small pat on my shoulder and left me with my thoughts.

Taking a deep breath I let myself sink into the soft mattress. As my head hit the pillow my eye looked up to the ceiling.

So what now?

What am I gonna do with myself. . . ?

If I keep on getting injured this easily, then I should either tap out or keep on getting stronger. . .

No, I refuse the idea. . . Miyuki, don't freaking think about ever tapping out.

You said it yourself, you are no wimp. You can do better.

Then suddenly my mind went to Hiei. . .

That's right.

"But you little Detective are a different story." Hiei told me as his eyes looked deeply into my soul.

"Really now?" I asked with a bored tone as I rose an amused brow.

"Yes, and I plan to take my revenge on you, so consider this fair warning." Hiei warned as we continued to stare at each other.

He hadn't done that so-called revenge on me. . . but I did promise him a fight. . .

But being like this. . . it would probably end up in a disappointment within me and him. . . I can't fight him like this.

I need to become stronger.

I let out a small groan as I get up from my bed and began to walk toward the door. However, after like three steps I feel the pain strikes again, making my knees buckle up, and fell onto the floor, grunting.

Damn it.

I used the edge of the bed to support myself. Then from the corner of my eye, I saw churches leaning against the bedside table.

Well, now I ow a freaking Christmas list for that Ruby girl.

Taking those crutches, I made my way out of the room. I know they told me not to move so much, however, I do need fresh air as well.

I don't know how long I had been roaming around the temple, but by chance, I found myself in the location of the garden. That peaceful post where I would usually go whenever I get a break from Genkai's and Yara's training sessions. I limped into the depts of the beautiful flowers and trees and inhaled deeply from the sweet aroma of the magnificent plants.

Then I see that huge tree in which I find the most beautiful addition out of all this. As much as I enjoy gazing at the little ones, I love trees the most, probably because I always loved climbing on them most of my childhood.

Up there, I would find not only a beautiful view but also find a good place to have a small moment to enjoy some peace and silence.

A small sigh came out of my lips because now in this stupid condition I can't climb up like last time when I had those chances. So this time I just went to the bottom of the tree and sit on the small grass spot that is between two roots. I placed the crutches down to the side and slid down to the ground, my back is resting against the tree trunk.

Another deep breath in, then out, my eye closed. Right after that, I can feel myself suddenly drift away.

The gentle breeze's warmth pushed my hair locks while stroking my cheek. Birds singing as the leaves on the tree danced above me.

My mind almost shut down. . .

Then there was the sound of a twig breaking not so far from me. Not only that, I felt a familiar aura approaching me.

"Hello there." I greeted the person smoothly as I opened my good eye to look at the King of Trees, himself. . .

[AN: Hello there, just want to say sorry if it looks a little rushed.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 67 17
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
566K 17.2K 60
Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain whispered in the cold night, it told her...
3.1K 152 43
Many things happened during these years. Events which cause us to rise or fall, laugh or cry, make us love or hate something or someone, in other wor...
20.2K 886 82
"You know. . . Despite our differences, we both have the same flame inside of us. " I told him with honesty as I turned away, looking up at the beaut...