Welcome to the Queendom

By ShieldBeliever13

Chelsea was what you could say a rebel. She did what she wanted, when she wanted, how she wanted. After seven... More

Welcome to the Queendom
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twent-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Sequel

Chapter Ten

1.8K 36 1
By ShieldBeliever13

The next day, I woke up at around 8:00, trying to rub as much sleep out of my eyes as possible. Dean and I's texting stopped at around 1 in the morning which ended with him asking me out for coffee-but it not actually being a date-at noon and me replying with a yes. I snatched the covers off of me and did my daily morning routine before dressing in a slightly baggy sweatshirt that said Ohio State Buckeyes in red lettering, a pair of jeans and my Uggs. I piled my hair on top of my head in a messy bun and grabbed my phone, stuffing it in the front pocket of my sweatshirt before heading downstairs.
"Hey, Chelsea is it?"
I snapped my head in the direction of the voice and saw a pair of twins in matching red sweaters, jeans, and black flats, but one's hair was straight while the other's was curled, The Bella Twins. They walked up to me.
"Yeah, I'm Chelsea," I stated.
Nikki put her hand out. "I'm Nicole."
I shook Brie's hand next. "I'm Brianna."
"Got any plans for our day off?" Nikki asked casually as if we've known each other forever. She tried to use her finger to curl a strand of her hair that went straight.
I shrugged. "Just hanging out with a friend this afternoon, nothing big," I replied simply.
"By friend, do you mean Dean?" she asked, bouncing her eyebrows. I frowned, caught off guard for a split second.
"Yeah," I confirmed. "Why do you say it like that?"
Nikki scoffed. "Oh, don't act like you guys aren't an item."
I knitted my eyebrows together. "I'm not acting. Dean and I are just friends."
"Sure," Nikki drew out the word. "You guys are so a thing. When we went to the bar with him and the guys last night he was just working his fingers away on that phone. He likes you and deep down, you feel the same way."
I couldn't help, but laugh. "Alright, if it helps you sleep at night."
"I'm serious," she insisted.
"Of course you are," I said.
She rolled her eyes. "So where are you guys going today?" She raised her eyebrows at me and I sighed.
"We're going for coffee at noon," I answered.
"Good, we have time."
"Nicole," Brie said warningly.
"Time for what?" I asked at the same time.
"Leave the girl alone," Brie said. "It's her day off, let her relax."
"There's plenty time for relaxing afterwards," Nikki assured before clamping a hand down on my wrist.
I didn't know what was going on. "But..." I trailed off for a second. "I just came down to get some breakfast."

Nikki stuffed me into her Range Rover and we were off to who knew where. I couldn't really see because the windows were tinted, even from the inside, but eventually I knew she was parking into a slot and even through the blackened windows I could see we were at a mall. I groaned.
"Oh, come Chels," Nikki encouraged, "don't be such a downer. This will be fun."
Brie was shaking her head in the passenger's seat, looking just as skeptical as I felt. "Nicole...."
"Ah, ah, ah," Nikki cut her off, waving a finger in her sister's face. "I don't want to hear any negative lip from you either."
We hustled out of the car and stood before North Star Mall. Nikki was shaking-either from excitement or the fact that she left her jacket in the car-with a big grin on her face.
"Come on." Nikki grabbed my hand. "We only have like 4 hours."
Only.
We-mostly Nikki-strolled around the mall, looking carefully at the clothes in the windows.
"What is wrong with your sister?" I asked Brie as Nikki practically drooled over a pair of shoes through the window. Brie shrugged as she shook her head.
"No idea," she replied. "I think I should have her checked out."
I laughed and soon she was joining in which made Nikki look back at us in confusion with her eyes narrowed. We quickly clamped our mouths shut as she beckoned us into the store where she was eyeing the shoes. She found the same pair on a rack and practically ripped off the lid before presenting them to me. They were tan high heels with a little bow at the front of the ankle strap. They were cute just not something I would wear.
"Those would look nice on you," I commented making her suck her teeth.
"They're not for me," she said. "They're for you."
"For me?" I questioned, jamming a thumb into my chest. I shook my head. "No thanks, heels aren't really my thing."
"Oh come on," Nikki insisted. "You have the legs for them. Plus, Dean would love you in these."
I gave her the Really? look. "You're seriously hanging onto that theory?" I asked.
"Sure am." She placed the pair of shoes at my feet. I glance over at Brie, but all she did was give me a sympathetic look. I rolled my eyes before sitting down on a nearby stool and removing my comfy Uggs and socks in place for the heels. They were pretty easy to slip on, but I wobbled a little as I stood. Brie held onto my upper arm to provide support.
"How do they feel?"
"Uncomfortable," I stated. "How is anyone supposed to walk in these?"
"It's simple actually," Nikki said. "When's the last time you wore heels?"
"About seven years ago, Prom," I answered and she gasped, placing a hand where her heart was.
"Oh, you poor thing," she simpered, giving me a pat on the head. "Try to walk in them." I slowly and carefully made my way around the shelf where the shoes were, looking at my feet the entire time. My left ankle wobbled on a few steps, but other than that, I did pretty well. "That's pretty good," Nikki said when I stopped at the spot I started from. "I'll buy them for you-"
"You don't have to do that," I quickly assured.
Ignoring my protest, she started again, "I'll buy them for you and you can walk around the mall in them for practice."
"Nicole, you're gonna kill this girl," Brie said, but Nikki waved her away.
"She'll be fine, now let's go."

We stumbled into my hotel room at around 10:30 with a bunch of shopping bags in our arms. We quickly plopped them down on my bed and I sat down to yank the Devil Heels off my feet. When I stood up, the balls of my feet sank into the carpeted floor farther than they were supposed to or at least they felt like it. I forgot that happened. I went into the kitchenette to get a glass of water as I heard the crinkle of shopping bags from my room. After chugging down the water in about three to four gulps, I went back into the bedroom and it looked like a clothing store puked on my bed. There were different combinations of things all on and around my mattress.
"Alright," Nikki said, clasping her hands together. "We have to pick out the perfect outfit for today."
"Nikki," I whined like a little kid. "I'm hungry, I haven't eaten anything yet. Can't I just go in this?" I pointed to the sweatshirt and jeans I was wearing. "It's plain and simple and Dean really isn't expecting much so why make a big deal out of it?"
"But," Nikki stammered a little before clearing her throat. "Clothes and shoes are a girl's best friend."
"No, a girl's best friend is another girl. Someone to go shop for clothes and shoes with."
Nikki sucked her teeth before turning her attention back to the bed. "You'll thank me for this. Now pick out an outfit. Something casual with just a hint of formality."
"What is this, Project Runway?" I mumbled before bending over the bed, examining the outfits. How about a casual outfit with a hint of I-just-want-some-coffee-is-that-too-much-to-ask-for?
I spotted an outfit that looked like it could fit the occasion perfectly. I picked it up and showed it to Brie first. She nodded with a smile much to the chagrin of Nikki. "What's wrong with it?" I asked.
I didn't see the problem of brown jeans and a tan colored long sleeve that said, "Brooklyn, NY Soccer League 1963," on it. I rummaged through the shoe bag and pulled out some black Chuck Taylor's that I-after throwing a low temper tantrum-convinced Nikki to let me get. I then rummaged through some more bags and presented a pair of mustache printed earrings, a brown scarf, and a chocolate colored cross over purse.
"But," it was Nikki's turn to act like the kid, "it's all wrong. I just want this date to be special for you guys."
I groaned. "How many times do I have to tell you, Dean and I aren't dating. He's just my friend, nothing more, nothing less. If you ask him if he has feelings for me, he'll say the same thing if not choose to ignore you." Nikki crossed her arms over her chest, a determined look on her face. I gave up, there was no getting through with her. Let her believe what she chooses to believe. I'll let her have her fun for today. "Fine." I swung my arm over the bed at the clothes. "Knock yourself out."
She squealed in delight before immediately grabbing a dress that stopped at mid-thigh, the top a fuchsia color while the skirt was plain black. Along with it she pulled out some black shoe laced high heels, a black clutch purse and a silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant on it. It wasn't bad, but it was the middle of March, not the type of whether for a dress like that.
"Cute," I admitted, "but not the type of clothing for weather like this." I pointed out my bedroom window and even just by looking out at the city, you felt cold.
"Yeah, you're right," she agreed then picked up another outfit. Black, strapless floral print dress that-like the other one-stopped at mid-thigh. With it was a light blue denim jacket with ties in the front, peach colored wedges, an elephant pendant necklace and black feather earrings. I gave her a look and she reluctantly put it down. "Look, I'll admit that it's cute, but I'm not trying to freeze my butt off for some guy."
"Look," she said, "beauty hurts or in this case is cold."
I shook my head as she picked up another outfit. "Now that's not bad at all," I said. A peach, tan, Aqua, and black colored long sleeve in a light shade, except for the black, Aqua colored jeans, a black scarf and light Aqua colored flower earrings.
"And these," she picked up the Devil Heels, "will go great with it."
I nodded my head. "Alright, I'll wear it." Then I looked down at the clothes I was wearing and whispered to them as if they could hear me, "Sorry."
After getting dressed and Nikki braiding a clump of hair across the back of my head with the rest hanging straight, I was ready by 11.
"So what should we do for this next hour?" Brie asked as her and Nikki sat on the floor by the foot of my bed while I actually stayed on the mattress. I shrugged. That's when my stomach started to rumble for the millionth time.
"Can we get something to eat?" I asked, rubbing my stomach. "I'm starving."
"You'll get to eat at the coffee shop," Nikki said.
"What if they don't serve food?"
"All coffee shops do."
"I wouldn't go and say all coffee shops," I said. My stomach rumbled again. "I'm going to die."
"Oh, no you're not," Nikki said. "You'll be fine, you only have," she looked at the clock on my bedside table, "Like 50 minutes to go."
I gave her an exasperated look before my phone bleated beside me. It was a text from Dean:
I'm in the lobby. I was thinking we could go for coffee early. You ready?
I didn't know Nikki had come onto my bed and looked over my shoulder until I heard her giggling in my ear. "Aw, he wants to start the date early," she crooned, placing a hand over her heart as if it was the sweetest thing in the world.
I rolled my eyes. "You're a mess." Then I turned back to my phone.
Yeah, be down in a sec

When I emerged from the elevator and almost made my way around the corner, I heard a familiar voice.
"I don't want you to come down here." It was Dean and he did not sound happy. I peeked around the corner and saw that he wore the mask of someone who did not want to be messed with as he listened to someone talk on the other end of his phone. Who was he talking to and why did he sound so mad? "Because I said so!" he whisper-yelled. He looked around which made me duck behind the wall again and not come out until he wasn't looking anymore. "The last thing I want is for you to show up. I left you for a reason." Is he talking about an ex-girlfriend? "I don't want to hear what you have to say, bye." With that he ended the conversation and stuffed his phone in the pocket of his black leather jacket. I counted to 10 in my head before emerging from behind the wall with an innocent smile on my face as if nothing was amiss. I fastened the medium sized buttons on my tan overcoat and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and his guarded expression disintegrated into a genuine smile. He looked me up and down with a raised eyebrow.
"You like?" I asked, doing a little twirl.
"Aw, you look adorable," he teased. "Adorable?" I questioned. "Just adorable? No, I have to be smoking hot. I put on heels for you-well Nikki made me put on heels for you, but still."
He chuckled. "I'm just twisting your arm. Why would Nikki do that though?"
I rolled my eyes. "Don't get me started. Something's wrong with that girl."
"Ready to go?" he asked, laughing and I nodded.
"Sure am."

We arrived at the La Taza Coffee House about 10 minutes later and got out. After receiving a friendly greet from the hostess, we sat down in a little corner and ordered our coffee. For some reason I didn't feel hungry anymore because I had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach, replacing my appetite.
"You okay?" Dean asked. I probably looked sick.
"I'm fine," I quickly assured. "So what's been going on with you?"
He smirked. "We just saw each other yesterday. Not a lot has been going on."
"Look, I'm trying to start up a conversation here," I said, "help me out."
He shrugged. "Not much. What about you?"
"I got to talk to my mom yesterday for a little bit," I stated as our coffee came around. I used the coffee stirrer to make little swirls in it.
I could've promised you Dean's jaw clenched a little when I said that. "That must be nice. Is she a good mom?"
"The best," I beamed. "Yeah we jump down each other's throat every now and then, but she's there when I need her. I was actually surprised when she told me to go be a wrestler. I've been wanting it for so long but I thought she would want me to be like a doctor or a lawyer or something." I looked up at Dean and he seemed so out of it. I felt bad. "I'm sorry," I said. "Here I am going on and on about my mom. So what's yours like?"
Something in Dean's expression slightly changed, but it was gone in a flash and he shrugged. "I haven't spoken to my mom ever since I moved out back in 2004. That was when I started wrestling."
I gaped at him. "You haven't spoken to your mom in 10 years. Wow, I couldn't go that long. You should call her sometime and see if you guys can meet up."
Dean shook his head. "I don't think that's a good idea." His voice sounded annoyed so I decided to not push the issue any further.
His guarded expression was back which made me think of the lobby and how he talked to the person on the other end of the phone. A question was bubbling up inside my throat but I tried my best to swallow it down. Now didn't look like the time. Our silence turned awkward and I contemplated on leaving and giving him time to be alone. I played with one of the figurines lining one side of the table. One was an angel with a cup of coffee in her hand, another a heart with a coffee cup engraved in the middle, and the last one just a plain mug that said Coffee Crazy on the front. I played with the Angel for a few moments before finally deciding to leave.
"I think I'm gonna go," I said as I pulled out a $5 bill from my back pocket to pay for the coffee. "Do you think you can tell the lady to keep the change?" I set the money down and started to stand, but he grabbed my arm, pulling-more like yanking-me back down.
"No," he quickly mumbled before removing his hand from me. "Sorry."
"It's fine," I assured before the question couldn't contain itself anymore. "Can I ask you a question?"
He smirked, his old self returning. "You just did." I swatted his arm before he raised his palms to the ceiling in surrender. "Fine, ask away."
"When I came down to the lobby, I heard you talking to someone." His smile slipped a little. "Can I ask who you were talking to?" Instead of answering, he traced his index finger along the brim of the coffee mug figurine. I hung my head a little. "Sorry," I mumbled.
"You're good," Dean assured, "but it was just an ex of mine."
I nodded in understanding though I really didn't. I can't remember the last time I had a boyfriend let alone been on a date. My work had always came first. I don't know why, but I said, "Daniella."
"Excuse me?" Dean asked. He seemed startled.
"Daniella," I repeated. "Remember yesterday when you texted me, wanting to know where I was and you said, 'Chelsea whatever-your-middle-name-is Renee'?" He nodded. "My middle name's Daniella. I know it's so out of the blue, but I just thought you should know."
"Chelsea Daniella Renee," he tried the name out on his tongue. "That's pretty." I don't know if my ears were deceiving me or not, but I could've sworn he mumbled, "At least there's one good Daniella I know." He looked over my shoulder and it seemed as if his bluish-gray eyes went black. He clenched he hands in tight fists. "No," he growled.
"'No,' what?" I asked about to turn around to see what he was looking at, but he snatched me out of my seat. Quickly fishing out a $5 bill of his own, Dean slammed it down on the table and dragged me out of the coffee house. "What's going on?" I asked as we broke through the doors out into the cold. "Let me go," I demanded, snatching my arm out of his grasp. "Tell me what's going on right now. What's wrong with you?"
He started to stumble over his words before he finally gave up. "I'm sorry," he said. "I'll make it up to you, promise." With that he stalked off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.1K 61
Read to find out❤️ I promise to edit the book when I get time but thanks for reading it and loving it🥰
1.7M 103K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.5M 149K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
3.1M 197K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...