A Bug's life

By MLargent1

You know the movie, but what if it's not what you think it is. What is the real reason why Hopper and his gan... More

The Poison Ant
Arriving at Ant Hill
17 Years Later
Princess Maya
The Council Chamber/South Kingdom
The Circus Bugs
Returning to Ant Island
How Can You Be Circus Bugs!
Hopper's Hideout Part 1
P.T. Arrives
Hopper's Hideout Part 2
The Grasshoppers Return
To The Clubhouse
Turning Back
The Bird Attacks
Flik Vs. Hopper
Ant Battle/Its over

Building The Bird

226 1 0
By MLargent1

Back on Ant Island, Mr. Soil took Flik to the infirmary, followed by the circus bugs who helped carry Francis.

As Mr. Soil gently laid Flik on the flower stem bed, Dr. Flora handed him some bandages for Flik as she works on Francis's leg.

Mr. Soil whispered as he worked on Flik's leg, "I saw one of the red ants hiding in the blades of grass. They sent a warning. Hopper has a black Ant dart."

Flik's eyes widened with fear, "No that's impossible." he whispered, shoulders tensing up.

Mr. Soil puts his hand on Flik's shoulder, and looks in his eyes, "I was going to tell you until we saw you all run from the bird."

Mr. Soil paused for a second as he wrapped Flik's leg and glanced up at him, "Did Princess Dot see you shoot the poisonous dart at the bird?"

Flik shook his head, "No. I told her to close her eyes." Mr. Soil nodded his head in approval, "Good." Mr. Soil stood up and took Flik's arm, pulling him up into a sitting position.

"I'm sure that I can stand. It is a graze after all."

Mr. Soil glanced at Dr. Flora and she nodded her head, "If you feel any pain at all let Mr. Soil or I know straight away." Dr. Flora ordered. Flik smiled and nodded his head, "Yes ma'am." Dr. Flora chuckles lightly.

The blueberry scouts entered the infirmary, followed by Princess Atta, ran up to Francis and the other circus bugs.

Flik stood up as Mr. Soil helped him, went over to stand next to the entrance of the infirmary, and leaned against the wall slightly, while watching the blueberry scouts.

"Our blueberry troop salute you bugs for rescuing our smallest member, Princess Dot. And as a tribute to Miss Francis, we've changed our bandanas!" the leader of the blueberry scouts smiles as the scouts showed their bandanas.

"We voted you our honorary den mother!" Dot beamed. The blueberry scouts cheered and ran up to Francis hugging and kissing his cheek.

"What? Great."

"All right, girls. Let's move your keisters outta here now. The patient needs her rest, you know. Come on." Dr. Flora led the girls out of the room with Mr. Soil following not far behind.

Princess Atta glances at Flik, "Excuse, me, Flik. Can I talk to you for a second?" Flik turns his head towards the Princess, "Huh? Oh, sure." Flik steps away from the wall he leaned against and opened the leaf doors.

"Again, thank you all, very, very much."

"Oh, stop it."

"You're too kind."

" Thank you."

Princess Atta turns to Flik once the leaves closed. "You don't think I've offended the warriors, do you?" she asked as worry etched in her voice.

Flik waved his hand, "You? No." Princess Atta sighed with relief, "Oh, good. Because you see, when you first brought them here, I thought you'd hired a bunch of clowns."

Flik laughed nervously, "Ya did?"

Princess Atta was walking down the hall with Flik following, to an opening like window, and watched the ants move about in the anthill.

"Don't tell 'em I said that. Boy, that's all I'd need, another royal blunder like that."

Flik frowned at the Princess's choice of words, "Princess, you're doin' a great job."

Princess Atta smiles slightly, "Thanks, you're sweet. You're wrong but sweet. I know what everyone truly thinks."

"I don't follow you."

"Everyone-- the whole colony. Nobody believes I can do this job. It's like they're all watching me. Just, just--"

"Waiting for you to screw up."

Princess Atta turns to Flik, noticing the depressed look on his face.

She looks down at her hands, "Flik, I owe you an apology."

"For what?"

"Well, I haven't been that nice to you, and... I'm sorry. If there's any way I can make it up to you-" the Princess's face brightens up, "Hey! I know! How would you like to be the queen's official aide of the warrior bugs?"

"Me?"

"Oh, sure. You've got a great rapport with them, especially after that rescue--it was very brave."

"Really? Naw, naw--"

"Well, not every bug would face a bird. I mean, even Hopper's of 'em."

"Yeah, well, I guess maybe I--" Flik paused for a second, "Say that again?"

"I said, even Hopper's of birds."

Flik stared at the Princess for a moment, then took off running down the hall, however before he could get far, Flik turned around and ran back to the Princess. Taking her hand, he kissed her cheek, "Thank you." And ran back to the infirmary.

Circus bug Pov:

When Flik and the Princess disappeared behind the leaves, Manny realized that these ants truly believe in them.

"What are we going to do?" Gypsy asked, "We can't fight grasshoppers." Heimlich took a berry next to him and began munching on it as everyone else stared at each other.

"These ants need us, however, I agree with Gypsy." Slim pointed out.

Suddenly Flik burst into the room, "Hopper's afraid of birds!" he shouted with his arms spread out.

"And I don't blame 'im!" Francis answered. Flik limped up to the circus bugs.

"Oh, oh, oh, this is perfect. We can get rid of Hopper, and no one has to know that I messed up. You just keep pretending you're warriors."

"Whoa, Flik, honey. We are not about to fight grasshoppers, okay?" Rosie pointed.

"You'll be gone before the grasshoppers ever arrive. Here's what we do-"

Manny marched up to the ant, "Not another word. I don't know what you're concocting in that little ant brain of yours, but we'll have no part of it."

Flik brought his arm out to reach out to Manny, however, before he could say anything two boys opened the leaf doors.

"Excuse me? Can we get the warriors' autographs?"

"Autographs? Ja!"

"Wow! Great!"

"So, you fellas catch the action today?"

"Oh! The bird went-- [whoosh] and it just missed you!"

"Aren't you sweet?"

"And the way you pretended to be stuck in that crack!"

"Oh, that's just all part of the plan."

"And then you dive-bombed into the bush!"

"There you go, my boy."

"Wow! Thanks!"

"M-M-Maa-jor--"

"That's Major Manny, young cadet. I outrank everyone here. Remember that."

"Yes, sir!"

"Dismissed!"

The boys ran out of the room talking about how they wanted to be just like the warriors, "-and they are so cool."

Flik stood by Manny with an 'I told you' look and slightly smiled at him.

"Oh ho! Delightful lads. You were saying, Flik?"

"All right. We are to build a bird, a bird that we can operate, from the inside, which would then be--"

Manny Pov:

"...hoisted above the anthill and hidden high in the tree. Then, when Hopper and his gang are below, we'll launch the bird and scare off the grasshoppers. Now it's to take everyone's involvement--"

Princess Atta Pov:

"...to make this plan a reality. I know it's not our tradition to do things differently, but if our ancestors were able to build this anthill, we can certainly rally together to build this bird!"

All of the ants cheered. Building this bird will free them from Hopper...

The next day the colony ran outside to prepare and collect the supplies to build the fake bird.

No Pov:

While the colony searched for sticks and twigs, Mr. Soil walked up to Flik with a smile, "If this works Flik, you save the colony-" Flik frowned, "But not my kingdom."

Mr. Soil's smile falls slightly. The boy is right, Hopper may leave this colony alone, but will always go after the prince.

Mr. Soil looks at Flik, "You have the poison ants, Leon." He whispered. Flik faintly smiled, "Yes. I do."

The colony stood outside holding twigs and branches. Thorny cut out a shape of a bird on a leaf.

Manny and Gypsy held it in the air for the colony. The shape of the bird was on the ground, "Perfect!" Thorny called out in the microphone.

Princess Atta gave the orders, "Okay, hit your marks!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A.N Play music if you want)

As the days went by Francis was still in the infirmary, on the other hand, the blueberry scouts kept him company, and Flik's leg has properly healed, only a scar was showing.

At night Flik has snuck out to give orders to Maya, who kept herself well hidden during the day. Flik came out of the hill when everyone was asleep.

"How's your leg?"

Flik chuckled, "Better thanks to a certain southern healer." Maya rolled her eyes playfully, "Ha, ha, ha. I have another message." Her tone now becoming serious. Flik frowned.

"Hopper plans on squishing the Queen."

Silence followed her words. Flik's face became expressionless, his body stiff. Maya became slightly worried at Flik's silence.

"Leon?"

Flik shook his head, "Whether the bird works or not, you and the others protect the Queen."

The tone in Flik's voice became dark. Maya nodded her head and ran back to the blades of grass. Flik turned back to the anthill. A memory of his mother dying in front of him replayed in his mind.

Flik clenched his fists, nails dug deep into his palms, and closed his eyes. Tears threaten to spill out.

Flik's eyes suddenly turned brown, "A hero will rise." His mother's voice echoed in his head.

"I lost my parents. I will not let Atta and Dot lose their mother from Hopper too." Flik thought to himself and went back into the anthill.

During the day, Flik helped the colony build the bird. Flik watched the Princess give orders and convincing the colony that they were doing great.  While watching, he felt his feelings for the princess become stronger.

At night, Flik would talk to Maya, preparing the poison ants for the fight that is to come.

"Remember, when Hopper arrives the colony will fly the fake bird, but if something happens it is time of the poison ants."

Maya nods her head, "We are prepared Leon. It is almost dawn. Go back to the hill."

Five days later, the bird was complete, the colony cheered. Princess Atta went up to Flik and smiled at him, "Good job Flik." And lightly kissed his cheek.

The Princess walked away leaving a starstruck ant behind in a daze. Flik followed seconds later with the others to rest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go lovelies hope ya enjoyed the chapter! Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 1.3K 20
Natalie was the daughter of a man who worked for wicked called Janson. Although she was immune she never understood why he wouldn't experiment on her...
1.2K 73 30
Hopper tells the story of how he came to be known as the protector and friend of Ant Island. This is the story of two brothers during their journey t...
513 5 12
Pip felt something he's never felt before. Something weird, unknown, and different. He was...scared. Scared of something crazy that was entering T.O...
142 2 13
Life was awesome for the Princess of Netherworld until her brother's death. The demise of the one closest to her, turns Lumina's life upside down. Bu...