𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦...

By wctermelcns

。・:*˚:✧。𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐱 𝐨𝐜 "𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮" 𝟔𝟕𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠�... More

𝖊𝖞𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒
𝖆𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙.
𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖊 // 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖚𝖆𝖑 𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘
𝖎.𝖎 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖎.𝖎𝖎 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝖎.𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖋𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖘
𝖎.𝖎𝖛 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓
𝖎.𝖛 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝖎.𝖛𝖎 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊
𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖘
𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
𝖎.𝖎𝖝 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉
𝖎.𝖝 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖘𝖉𝖆𝖞
𝖎.𝖝𝖎 𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓
𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖟𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗
𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘
𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖛 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖙
𝖎.𝖝𝖛 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖉
𝖎.𝖝𝖛𝖎 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖎.𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖎.𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖝 𝖗𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖎𝖙
𝖎.𝖝𝖝 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞
𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖙𝖜𝖔 // 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝖎𝖎.𝖎 𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖞
𝖎𝖎.𝖎𝖎 𝖘𝖞𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖞 𝖛𝖘. 𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖞
𝖎𝖎.𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖛𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎.𝖎𝖛 𝖘𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉
𝖎𝖎.𝖛 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘
𝖎𝖎.𝖛𝖎 𝖓𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖇𝖞𝖊𝖘
𝖎𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊
𝖎𝖎.𝖎𝖝 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓
𝖎𝖎.𝖝 𝖉𝖊𝖏𝖆 𝖛𝖚
𝖎𝖎.𝖝𝖎 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖘
𝖎𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞
𝖎𝖎.𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊

𝖎𝖎.𝖛𝖎𝖎 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌

3.2K 113 86
By wctermelcns

!! TW: mention of throwing up food in the first few paragraphs, if this might be upsetting to you, read paragraph 1 & then skip to paragraph 4 <3

HAVEN PUSHED HER FOOD around on her plate with her fork, the metal making a scraping noise. The knot in her stomach was overpowering, the nerves building. The blonde managed to get down some eggs and a muffin, however it didn't stay down for long.

"I can't." Haven mumbled, sprinting to the bathroom. Her knees pressed into the cold ceramic tile floor as she retched into the toilet. The blonde heard footsteps rush into the room behind her, glancing out of the corner of her eye to see Finnick standing there.

The Odair boy knelt down next to the girl, holding her blonde hair out of her face as she continued to cough and sputter. Tears streamed out of her eyes as she threw up practically everything in her system. "It's okay. You're okay." Finnick whispered, rubbing small circles on her back with his free hand.

Haven eventually sat back, leaning her head against the wall. Finnick wetted a washcloth, using it to wipe off the girl's face. "I'm sorry this is so gross." Haven said, giving a faint giggle. "You said it not me." He laughed, wiping a residual tear off her face with his sleeve. "It's alright though. C'mon, the Games are going to start soon." He said as he extended his hand to the girl, helping her off of the floor.

The other mentors were already in the living area, the air of the room filled with nerves. Mallory laid in Garrett's lap on the couch, both watching recaps of the interviews on the TV as he absent mindedly braided her hair. Sebastian clutched his mug of coffee like a lifeline. Collin was slowly pacing back and forth behind the couch. Chlöe had already taken to yelling into her phone, trying to get more sponsors.

Haven sat on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest and resting her chin on them. Finnick walked over and handed her a glass of water. "Try and drink that. Small sips." He spoke as she nodded.

Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith appeared on the screen, the broadcast now live. A timer in the corner showed there were only ten minutes until the start of the Games. Haven's breathing rapidly picked up when she saw the timer, panic overtaking her, as she stood up and starting pacing around the room.

"Shit! I hate this so much. What if he doesn't make it past the bloodbath?" She frantically spoke. Mallory got up, walking over and gripping the blonde's shoulders looking into her eyes as she spoke. "Listen to me. That's not going to happen." "You can't say that for sure. My brother could be dead in... eight minutes." Haven quickly replied, pointing at the timer on the screen.

Mallory embraced the younger girl, knowing that no matter what she said, none of it would guarantee Sawyer's safety. "I know you're scared. I know. But your brother isn't weak okay? He has a fighting chance." Mallory spoke softly into her ear, holding her for another minute until her breathing slowed.

"Okay." Haven squeaked out the word, before returning to the couch, sitting next to Finnick. The blonde couldn't quite place why, but it made her feel safer. 

The remaining minutes passed in silence, until the television cut to the arena, as the tributes rose in their tubes. The arena was a stark contrast to the one from Haven's games; it was a lush green forest, consisting of many hills and valleys, with a large river running right down the middle of it.

Haven's breath hitched as she saw Sawyer standing on his pedestal, scanning the area around him. Her hand found Finnick's next to her, squeezing it tightly.

"60 seconds." Claudius' voice boomed through the speakers. "60 seconds. Don't step off that pedestal a moment earlier, idiot." Haven mumbled, even though she knew her twin couldn't hear her.

The gong sounded, everyone's eyes glued to the screen as Sawyer sprinted off of the platform. The blonde ran forward, grabbing a large machete in front of him, before running a few yards to the left and scooping up a small pack. Another tribute tried to reach for it, but he swung his machete, cutting the girl's leg, causing her to stumble backwards.

Haven scanned the items strewn about the cornucopia, noticing the absence of a bow. Sawyer must've noticed too, as he grabbed a belt of knives before turning on his heel and charging into the woods, not stopping until he saw a flash of blonde hair.

Melody stood with her back pressed against a tree, beckoning him over with a 'come here' hand motion. "Hey ally. I managed to get away with this pack before that crazy bitch from 2 started swinging her knife at me." Melody spoke quietly. "I got one too. And some knives. Here." Sawyer replied, taking three of the knives out and handing them to her, keeping the other four for himself.

"We're still pretty close to the cornucopia, we should keep moving." Sawyer whispered, tucking his machete into the knife belt. Melody nodded, and the two began walking uphill. The cannons from the bloodbath sounded about an hour later, as the pair from four was still walking.

"Holy shit. Thirteen dead just in the bloodbath." Collin remarked. "That girl from two is insane, killed seven of them herself." Chlöe added.

VERY LITTLE HAPPENED over the next few hours, as the tributes spread out throughout the arena, the sun setting below the horizon. Sawyer and Melody eventually set up camp in a small cave, concealed by a large moss covered rock that they had to roll out of the way.

The photos of the dead tributes were projected into the sky, and Sawyer offered to take first watch while Melody slept. A few hours later she woke, and the Cleary boy laid down to sleep.

The apartment was dark, apart from the television. Until she glanced at the clock reading 2:30am, Haven hadn't noticed that everyone else had drifted off to bed. The girl wasn't tired, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the screen, terrified that she would miss something.

Haven watched the footage of the arena, as the sky turned from night to day once more. Sawyer and Melody were now both awake, and had decided to go hunting, since they only had a small amount of food in their backpacks.

The other mentors started trickling out of their rooms around 8:00am, first with Garrett and Mallory, then followed by Finnick, Chlöe, Collin and Sebastian a few minutes later. Haven remained glued to the couch, the other mentors standing in the kitchen.

"I don't think she's moved in almost 24 hours. It's like she's a statue." Collin said, tilting his head as he looked over at Haven. "She's worrying herself sick, she hasn't eaten or slept at all." Mallory replied, her tone concerned.

Garrett grabbed a pastry off of the table, walking over and sitting next to the Cleary girl. "Haven you need to eat something." He said, holding out the pastry. "I'm not hungry." The blonde spoke emptily. "Doesn't matter, you still need to eat." Garrett spoke, more firmly this time. Haven sighed and grabbed the pastry, finishing it slowly.

"Have you slept at all?" Finnick asked as he walked over, sitting on the opposite side of her as Garrett. Haven shook her head. "Hav, that's not good for you." "I'm not tired." She muttered, taking a sip from the glass of water in front of her. Finnick tried to protest once more, but gave up when he was met with another no from the girl.

The screen cut to the careers sneaking up on a group of tributes. There was a blur of knives being thrown and people being stabbed, ending with two of the careers, the pair from two, running away as five cannons boomed in the back.

"These games are going so fast. I'm going to go make some calls to sponsors, see if we can get your brother a bow." Garrett said, standing up from the couch.

The broadcast showed Sawyer and Melody again, skinning the rabbits they'd managed to kill. Haven breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he was momentarily safe. The afternoon hours were uneventful, apart from the girl from six getting stung by a swarm of tracker jackets, passing out at the base of a tree.

Sunlight streamed through the apartment as the sun set behind the glass and steel buildings of the Capitol. Finnick turned to the girl, pleading once again. "Please. You have to be tired. You need to sleep for a little while." He spoke. "I can't. I have to watch. I'll beat myself up if I miss something." She responded, the exhaustion clear in her voice.

"How about this, I'll stay with you and watch, and I'll wake you if something happens." He responded. Haven pondered for a second, before nodding her head. "Wake me if anything happens, you hear me?" She replied, Finnick nodding his head.

The Odair boy wrapped his arm around the girl's smaller shoulders, leading her into her room. He sat on top of the blankets, his back pressed against the headboard of her bed, as she crawled under the covers. She rested her head against him. "Remember. If anything happens." She mumbled as she closed her eyes. "I know." He responded, brushing her hair out of her face, the girl drifting asleep moments later.

// author's note

! PS- melody's face claim is kiernan shipka (hence the gif @ the beginning)

two updates? in two days? unheard of.
sorry this is lowkey SAD, but it's acc been very interesting writing how haven is coping with sawyer in the games. also finnick being precious 🥺

as always thank u sm for reading y'all are the best :)

me @ my own plot lines:

haven:

kk that's all goodbye
- a <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 15.2K 42
❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘣𝘰𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦, 𝘢𝘯 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄 ❞ ・ 。゚☆: *. 𝐅𝐈𝐍�...
144K 5K 19
"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘯" "𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵" Hunger games F...
3.1M 97K 62
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐒 # 🌊🐚⚔️ -', ༄ ❪ 𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙺 𝙾𝙳𝙰𝙸𝚁 ❫ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 ━ a former district four victor is t...
6.8K 168 29
ೃ༄ 𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐀 🔱🌊˚◞♡ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ * ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ☁️ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, training the kids from your district, as a...