๐‘พ๐’‚๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฝ๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”๏ผ ๐๏ฟฝ...

By FandomQueen696

"๐‘ณ๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“, ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’š ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’ˆ๐’Š๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’—๐’†๐’“๐’š ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’‘" "War is a n... More

๐‘พ๐’‚๐’“ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฝ๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’”
๐‘ช๐’‚๐’”๐’•
๐‘ท๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐‘ฌ๐’‘๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘ถ๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’—๐’†
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’†๐’
๐‘ฌ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’—๐’†
๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ญ๐’Š๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘บ๐’Š๐’™๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘บ๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ฌ๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘จ๐’„๐’• ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฐ.
๐‘ต๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ถ๐’๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’˜๐’
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’“๐’†๐’†
๐‘ป๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’•๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’–๐’“

๐‘ป๐’‰๐’Š๐’“๐’•๐’†๐’†๐’

6.5K 309 235
By FandomQueen696

I 013. I

𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔

❝ hearth ❞

     ARIADNE CHOKED BACK HER HEART. It was about ready to climb up her throat and shove its way out of her body, but she couldn't let that happen, not for Silena's sake.

"What were you thinking?" Clarisse's cradled Silena's head in her lap.

Silena tried to swallow, but her lips were dry and cracked. "Wouldn't... listen. Cabin would... only follow you."

"So you stole my armor," Clarisse said in disbelief. "You waited until Chris and I went out on patrol; you stole my armor and pretended to be me." She glared at her siblings. "And NONE of you noticed?"

The Ares campers developed a sudden interest in their combat boots.

"Don't blame them," Silena said. "They wanted to... to believe I was you."

"You stupid Aphrodite girl," Clarisse sobbed. "You charged a drakon? Why?"

"All my fault," Silena said, a tear streaking the side of her face. "The drakon, Charlie's death... camp endangered—"

"Stop it!" Clarisse said. "That's not true."

Silena opened her hand. In her pal was a silver bracelet with a scythe charm, the mark of Kronos.

Ariadne realized that was why Silena had asked how she felt about the spy. To see if she would be made at her, despite not knowing anything.

Percy seemed pale. "You were the spy."

Silena tried to nod. "Before... before I liked Charlie, Luke was nice to me. He was so... charming. Handsome. Later, I wanted to stop helping him, but he threatened to tell. He promised... he promised I was saving lives. Fewer people would get hurt. He told me he wouldn't hurt... Charlie. He lied to me."

Percy met Annabeth's eyes. Her face was chalky. She looked like somebody had just yanked the world out from under her feet. He looked to Ariadne, who was doing her best to keep the fallen girl company. But she didn't look any better than the blonde.

Silena tilted her head. "Ari..." she breathed. "Are you... mad?"

Ariadne shook her head. "No," she said. "I could never be mad at you Silena. You're a hero."

Behind them, the battle raged.

Clarisse scowled at her cabinmates. "Go, help the centaurs. Protect the doors. GO!"

They scrambled off to join the fight.

Silena took a heavy, painful breath. "Forgive me."

"You're not dying," Clarisse insisted.

"Charlie..." Silena's eyes were a million miles away. "See Charlie..."

She didn't speak again.

Clarisse held her and wept. Chris out a hand on her shoulder.

Finally Annabeth closed Silena's eyes. Ariadne let go of the girl's limp hand, letting it fall into her chest.

"We have to fight." Annabeth's voice was brittle. "She gave her life to help us. We have to honor her."

Clarisse sniffled and wiped her nose. "She was a hero, understand? A hero."

Ariadne nodded and stood up. "Come on, Clarisse."

Clarisse picked up a sword from one of her fallen siblings. "Kronos is going to pay."

***

CLARISSE HAD DRIVEN THE ARMY AWAY. Even without her armor or spear, she was a demon. She rode her chariot straight into the Titan's army and crushed everything in her path.

She was so inspiring, even the panicked centaurs started to rally. The Hunters scrounged arrows from the fallen and launched volley after volley into the enemy. The Ares cabin slashed and hacked, which was their favorite thing. The monsters retreated toward 35th street.

Ariadne and Pollux worked side by side to attempt to create a few roadblocks with vines, trying to make it harder for the monsters to come back if they were too.

Clarisse drove to the drakon's carcass and looped a grappling line through its eye sockets. She lashed her horses and took off, dragging the drakon behind the chariot like a Chines New Year dragon. She charged after the enemy, yelling insults and daring them to cross her. As she rode, Ariadne realized she was literally glowing. An aura of red fire flickered around her.

"The blessing of Ares," Thalia said. "I've never seen it in person before."

For the moment, Clarisse was as invincible as Percy was. The enemy threw spears and arrows, but nothing hit her.

"I AM CLARISSE, DRAKON SLAYER!" she yelled. "I will kill you ALL! Where is Kronos? Bring him out! Is he a coward?"

"Clarisse!" Percy yelled. "Stop it. Withdraw!"

"What's the matter, Titan lord," she yelled. "BRING IT ON!"

There was no answer from the enemy. Slowly, they began to fall back behind a dracaena shield wall, while Clarisse drove in circles around Fifth Avenue, daring anyone to cross her path. The two hundred foot drakon carcass made a hollow scraping noise against the pavement, like a thousand knives.

Meanwhile, they tended to their wounded, bringing them inside the lobby. Long after the enemy had retreated from sight, Clarisse kept riding up and down the avenue with her horrible trophy, demanding that Kronos meet her battle.

Chris said, "I'll watch her. She'll get tired eventually. I'll make sure she comes inside."

"What about camp?" Percy asked. "Is anybody left there?"

Chris shook his head. "Only Argus and the nature spirits. The Peleus the dragon is still guarding the tree."

Ariadne looked at the boy. "What about Bea?"

Chris shrugged. "She said she was going to bring by some friends. I don't know what she meant, but she took off quickly after Clarisse and her got into an argument."

"They won't last long," Percy said. "But I'm glad you came."

Chris nodded sadly. "I'm sorry it took so long. I tried to reason with Clarisse. I said there's no point on defending camp if you guys die. All our friends are here. I'm sorry it took Silena..."

"My Hunters will help you stand guard," Thalia said. "Annabeth, Ari, and Percy, you should go to Olympus. I have a feeling they'll need you up there—to set up the final defense."

The doorman had disappeared from the lobby. His book was face down on the desk and his chair was empty. The rest of the lobby, however, was jam packed with wounded campers, Hunters, and satyrs.

Connor and Travis Stoll met them by the elevators.

"Is it true?" Connor asked. "About Silena?"

Ariadne bit her lip. "She died a hero."

Travis shifted uncomfortably. "Um, I also heard—"

"That's it," Ariadne insisted, her eyes glazing over with unshed anger. "End of story."

"Right," Travis mumbled. He got the hint. "Listen, we figure the Titan's will have trouble getting up the elevator. They'll have to go up a few at a time. And the giants won't be able to fit at all."

"That's our biggest advantage," Percy said. "Any way to disable the elevator?"

"It's magic," Travis said. "Usually you need a key card, but the doorman vanished. That means the defenses are crumbling. Anyone can walk into the elevator now and head straight up."

"Then we have to keep them away from the doors," Percy said. "We'll bottle them up in the lobby."

"We need reinforcements," Travis said. "They'll just keep coming. Eventually they'll overwhelm us."

"There are no reinforcements," Connor complained.

Percy looked outside at Mrs. O'Leary, who was breathing against the glass doors and smearing them with hellhound drool.

"Maybe that's not true," Percy said.

He went outside and put a hand on Mrs. O'Leary's muzzle. Chiron had bandaged her paw, but she was still limping. Her fur was matted with mud, leaves, pizza slices, and dried monster blood.

He whispered something in her ear.

After Mrs. O'Leary shadow traveled away, Percy rejoined Ariadne and Annabeth in the lobby. On the way to the elevator, they spotted Grover kneeling over a fat wounded satyr.

"Leneus!" Percy said.

The old satyr looked terrible. His lips were blue. There was a broken spear in his belly, and his furry goat legs were twisted at a painful angle.

He tried to focus on them, but Ariadne didn't think he saw them.

"Grover?" he murmured.

"I'm here, Leneus." Grover was blinking back tears, despite all the horrible things Leneus had said about them.

"Did... did we win?"

"Um... yes," Grover lied. "Thanks to you, Leneus. We drove the enemy away."

"Told you," the old satyr mumbled. "True leader. True..."

He closed his eyes for the last time.

Grover gulped. He put his hand on Leneus's forehead and spoke an ancient blessing. The old satyr's body melted, until all that was left was a tiny sapling in a pile of fresh soil.

"A laurel," Grover said in awe. "Oh, that lucky old goat."

He gathered up the sapling in his hands. "I... I should plant him. In Olympus, in the gardens."

"We're going that way," Percy said. "Come in."

Easy listening music played as the elevator rose. Ariadne thought about the first time her and Percy had visited Mount Olympus, back when they were twelve. Annabeth and Grover hadn't been with them then. She was glad they were with them now. She had a feeling it might be their last adventure together.

"Percy, Ari," Annabeth said quietly. "You were right about Luke." It was the first time she'd spoken since Silena Beauregard's death. She kept her eyes fixed on the elevator floors as they blinked into the magical numbers: 400, 450, 500.

Ariadne looked at her best friend.

"Annie," she said. "I'm sorry—"

"You tried to tell me." Her voice was shaky. "Luke is no good. I didn't believe you... until I heard how he'd used Silena. Now I know. I hope you're happy."

"That doesn't make me happy."

Annabeth put her head against the elevator wall and wouldn't look at the brunette.

Ariadne stared at her hands.

Grover cradled his laurel sapling in his hands. "Well... sure good to be together again. Arguing. Almost dying. A he y terror. Oh, look. It's our floor."

The doors dinged and they stepped onto the aerial walkway.

Depressing is not a word that usually describes Mount Olympus, but it looked that way now. No fires lit the braziers. The windows were dark. The streets were destroyed and the doors were barred. The only movement was in the parks, which had been set up as field hospitals. Will Solace and the other Apollo campers scrambled around, caring for the wounded. Naiads and dryads tried to help, using nature magic songs to heal burns and poison.

As Grover planted the laurel sapling, Annabeth and Percy went around trying to cheer up the wounded. Ariadne was looking for a her brother and Sydney, hoping they were alright.

She passed a satyr with a broken leg, a demigod who was bandaged from head to toe, and a body covered in the golden burial shroud of Apollo's cabin. She didn't know who was underneath. She didn't want to find out. Her heart felt like lead, and the girl hoped to god she wouldn't see a purple burial shroud anytime soon.

Ariadne found Pollux thanks to Percy. The last son of Dionysus was propped up against a tree. Sydney was a few feet away, wrapping someone else's wound while her leg was propped up on a a broken ledge.

Pollux has a broken arm, but otherwise he was okay.

"I can still fight with the other hand," he said, gritting his teeth.

"No," Percy said. "You've done enough. I want you to stay here help with the wounded."

"But—"

"Polly," Ariadne cut in. "Just, stay safe, okay?"

He frowned uncertainly. It wasn't like Ariadne could tell him it was a request from their dad. That's piel embarrass him and cause a fight between the two siblings. Finally he promised, and when he sat back down, she could tell he was kind of relieved.

Annabeth, Grover, Ariadne, and Percy kept walking toward the palace. That's where Kronos would head. As soon as he made it up the elevator—and Ariadne had no doubt he would, one way or another—he would destroy the throne room, the center of the gods' power.

The bronze doors creaked open. Their footsteps echoed on the marble floor. The constellations twinkled coldly on the ceiling of the great hall. The hearth was down to a full red glow. Hestia, in the form of a little girl in brown robes, hunched at its edge, shivering. The Ophiotaurus swam sadly in his sphere of water. He let out a halfhearted moon when he saw Percy.

In the firelight, the thrones cast evil looking shadows, like grasping hands.

Standing at the foot of Zeus's throne, looking up at the stars, was Rachel Elizabeth Dare. She was holding a Greek ceramic vase.

"Rachel?" Percy said. "Um, what are you doing with that?"

She focused on Percy as if she were coming out of a dream. "I found it. It's Pandora's jar, isn't it?"

Her eyes were brighter than usual, and Ariadne had a bad flashback of a blonde haired woman out fo her mind.

"Please put down the jar," Percy said.

"I can see Hope inside it." Rachel ran her fingers over the ceramic designs. "So fragile."

"Rachel."

Ariadne's voice was harsh and cold. For a second, Percy thought it was her father, but it seemed to do the trick. Her voice seemed to bring Rachel back to reality. She held out the jar, and Percy took it.

"Grover," Annabeth mumbled. "Let's scout around the palace. Maybe we can find some extra Greek fire or Hephaestus traps."

"But—"

Annabeth elbowed him.

"Right!" he yelled. "I love traps!"

She dragged him out of the throne room.

Over by the fire, Hestia was huddled in her robes, rocking back and forth.

"Come on," Percy told Rachel. "I want you to meet someone."

The trio sat next to the goddess.

"Lady Hestia," Percy said.

"Hello, Percy Jackson," the goddess murmured. "Getting colder. Harder to keep the fire going."

"I know," Ariadne said. "The Titans are near."

Hestia focused on Rachel. "Hello, my dear. You've come to our hearth at last."

Rachel blinked. "You've been expecting me?"

Hestia held out her hands, and the coals glowed. Ariadne saw images in the fire: Her, Annabeth, Percy, and Grover laughing while sitting on a picnic blanket in one of the grassy fields at camp when they were twelve; her and Annabeth chasing  after each other when they were younger; her and Percy laughing by the lake; her and her brothers playing tag, tackling one another.

She didn't know if anyone saw the same images, but the tension went out of Rachel's shoulders. The warmth of the fire seemed to spread across her.

"To claim your place at the hearth," Hestia told her, "you must let go of your distractions. It is the only way you will survive."

Rachel nodded. "I... I understand."

"Wait," Percy said. "What is she talking about?"

Rachel took a shaky breath. "Percy, when I came here... I thought I was coming for you. But I wasn't. You and me..." She shook her head.

Ariadne raised an eyebrow and scowled. She knew what that meant.

"Wait. Now I'm a distraction? Is this because I'm 'not the hero' or whatever?"

"I'm not sure I can put it into words," Rachel said. "I was drawn to you because... because you opened the door to all of this." She gestured at the throne room. "I needed to understand my true sight. But you and me, that wasn't part of it. Our rates aren't intertwined. I think you've always know that, deep down."

Percy stared at her. He looked over at Ariadne, who scoffed and crossed her arms, muttering, "Boys."

"So... what," Percy said. "'Thanks for bringing me to Olympus. See ya.' Is that what you're saying?"

Rachel stared at the fire.

"Percy Jackson," Hestia said. "R as her has told you all she can. Her moment is coming, but your decision approaches even more rapidly. Are you prepared?"

Percy looked at Pandora's jar. After a while, he looked at Hestia. Her red eyes glowed warmly.

Ariadne heard footsteps. Annabeth and Grover came back into the throne room and stopped when they saw them. Percy had a pretty strange look on his face.

"Percy?" Annabeth sounded concerned. "Should we, um, leave again."

Suddenly Percy felt like someone had injected him with steel. He understood what to do.

He looked at Rachel. "You're not going to do anything stupid, are you? I mean... you talked to Chiron, right?"

She managed a faint smile. "You're worried about me doing something stupid?"

"But I mean... will you be okay?"

"I don't know," she admitted. "That kind of depends on whether you save the world, hero."

Percy picked up Pandora's jar.

"Hestia," he said, "I give this to you as an offering."

The goddess tilted her head. "I am the least of the gods. Why would you trust me with this?"

"You're the last Olympian," Percy said. "And the most important."

"And why is that, Percy Jackson?"

"Because Hope survives best at the hearth," he said. "Guard it for me, and I won't be tempted to give up again."

The goddess smiled. She took the jar in her hands and it began to glow. The heart fire burned a little brighter.

"Well done, Percy Jackson," she said. "May the gods bless you."

"We're about to find out." Percy looked at Annabeth, Ariadne, and Grover. "Come on, guys."

Percy marched toward his father's throne.

The seat of Poseidon stood just to the right of Zeus's, but it wasn't nearly as grand. The molded black leather seat was attached to a swivel pedestal, with a couple of iron rings on the side for fastening a fishing pole ( or a trident ). Basically it looked like a chair on a deep sea boat, that you would sit in if you wanted to hunt shark or marlin or sea monsters.

Gods in their natural state were about twenty feet tall, so Ariadne could reach the edge of the seat if she stretched her arms.

"Help me up," Percy told his three friends.

"Are you crazy?" Annabeth asked.

"Probably," he admitted.

"Percy," Grover said, "the gods really don't appreciate people sitting in their their thrones. I mean like turn-you-into-a-pile-of-ashes don't appreciate it."

"I need to get his attention," Percy said. "It's the only way."

They exchanged uneasy looks.

"Well," Ariadne said, "this will definitely get his attention."

They linked their arms to make a step, then boosted him onto the throne. He looked like a baby with his feet so high off the ground. Ariadne gazed over at her father's throne and at the other gloomy, empty thrones, and she could imagine what it would be like sitting on the Olympian Council—so much power but so much arguing, always eleven other gods trying to get their way.

She probably would've already gotten into a fight with Ares. Ariadne finally stood why her father always looked bored and rolled his eyes at his family meetings. The girl could only imagine what it would be like to hold that much power—the power of all vines and madness and wine, easily having the advantage of sicking lions on her enemies.

Poseidon's throne rumbled.

Percy began talking to himself.

"I'm sorry, Father," he said. "I needed to get your attention."

A pause.

"I'm sorry," Percy said again. "Listen, things are rough up here."

He told his father what was happening. Then he told him their plan.

Percy looked desperate. "Dad, Kronos sent an army against you on purpose. He wants to divide you from the other gods because he knows you could tip the scales." Another pause. "I'm at your home. Olympus."

The floor shook. Ariadne shared a look with her friends, she crossed her arms and dug her nails against her skin.

"Is Tyson okay?" Percy asked.

Ariadne perked up at the mention of her Cyclops friend.

"You let him fight?"

Percy's eyebrows furrowed. "And Olympus might be saved." A quiet moment. "Dad—

The boy seemed a bit lighter. The tension released from his shoulders. "I am praying. I'm talking to you, right?"

Percy slipped down from the throne.

Grover studied him nervously. "Are you okay? You turned pale and... you started smoking."

"I did not!" Percy looked down at his arms. Steam was curling off his shirtsleeves. The hair on his arms were singed.

"If you'd sat there any longer," Ariadne said, "you would've spontaneously combusted. I hope the conversation was worth it?"

Moo, said the Ophiotaurus in his sphere of water.

"We'll find out soon," Percy said.

Just then the doors of the throne rooms swung open. Thalia marched in. Her how was snapped in half and her quiver was empty.

"You've got to get down there," she told them. "The enemy is advancing. And Kronos is leading them."

Ariadne's eyes glazed over coldly. And somewhere deep underground, the ground shifted, and Typhon seemed to trip up. Vines cut him off as they added the gods on their task to slow him down before they retreated.

authors note:

This is late and I'm sorry!

A few more chapters left!

This is so insane. I love you guys so much and thank you for reading since the very beginning and reading my crappy writing.

Also, I think you'll like next chapter because someone makes a special appearance.

You'll find out what Kronos has done to mess up Ariadne, and my girl is helping stop Typhon even without realizing it. Bro the gods think it's Dionysus and boy do they have a surprise coming to them.

Let me know your favorite part of the book or chapter.

And please tell me what type of shenanigans you wnat Percy and Ariadne to be up to for the second half of this book so I can come up with some ideas. It can be dates, handing with friends, trainings, or even them just being with Percy's parents. Idk I need ideas.

Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 84 5
โ‡ ๐œ'๐ฆ๐จ๐ง, ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž !! ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, in which after spending two years at camp half-blood, you and annabeth get chosen on a quest along w...
23.9K 1K 17
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด!ใ€” percy jackson ใ€• เณƒเผ„ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰, wherever the starry-eyed daughter of the wilderness finds herself go...
88.8K 4.8K 78
TU ME MANQUESใ€ BOOK TWO: DAUGHTER OF DOVES ใ€‘ ๐™ฉ๐™ช ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ: [french]...
420K 17.6K 47
"๐‘ฐ ๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’„๐’–๐’“๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ; ๐’ƒ๐’“๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’ ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐’”๐’‚๐’Š๐’…" "What good am I if I can't even control my own mind" ...