Wanting You

By reese-writes

*ONGOING Teagan Ruiz is a sophomore at Yale University, she loves her life in Connecticut. She's lived her wh... More

synopsis + A/N
prologue
1| dibs
2| party
3| Andy's
4| gym
5| Halloween
6| babe
7| ungrateful
8| please
9| game
10| boston
11| lights
12| her
14| coffee
15| home
16| pretty
17| mom
18| cool it
19| run
20| possibly
21| undermine
22| platonic
23| multitask

13| excuse me?

2.9K 49 12
By reese-writes

Teagan's PoV

Holy fuck my head is pounding.

How did this happen? I only remember taking one shot. I was supposed to be watching all of them and making sure they were alright so that we'd all get back to their apartment in one piece.

Raya of course that's how this happened.

Raya's blinds are closed but there's a sliver of an opening. The smallest amount of light is let into the room cascading onto Raya's white sheets. I roll onto my side reaching for my phone. When the screen lights up surprisingly there's a text from Carter waiting for me.

Carter: Rough night?

When I check the time it's almost one. How is it almost one? I never wake up past noon.

I decide to reply later and turn my phone off. Raya and I are on her bed and Tate probably out in the living room on the couch. I groan rolling onto my stomach feeling the pillow against my face. I press my forehead deeper into the pillow hoping it'll give me some sort of relief.

When I lift my head again Raya is no longer beside me and I hear voices in the other room. Rolling onto my back I grab my phone off the nightstand. I respond to Carter's text since I was too tired to respond before.

Me: Very.

Carter: Have fun?

Fun? I don't know what his definition of fun is but mine definitely not getting drunk.

Me: If fun means waking up in the morning feeling like I have an elephant stomping on my head and very faint memories of last night. Then yes.

Carter: Nice to know.

Carter: I'm thinking of changing your name on my phone to Babe with the pig emoji next to it. What do you think?

He better not. Why is so adamant about the nickname Babe? I can't help but see the pig.

Me: I think I need to come up with an irritating nickname for you if you actually start calling me babe. ur gonna give ur groupies the wrong idea of me.

Carter: I think I'll like whatever nickname you give me. Plus who cares what they think.

Because of that, I start to come up with possible nicknames.

Cart is the only one that pops into my head and I don't even like that one. I groan when it feels like something inside my own head is pounding from the inside out.

Me: True. Alright I'm gonna go because I need some food immediately.

Carter: Okay bye Babe.

Seriously?

Me: No.

And of course, he sends me a pig emoji.

I lazily drag myself out of Raya's bed and as soon as I pull the door open the scent of bacon and pancakes wafts in my face. I turn into the kitchen and see Raya standing over the stove and Tate, Aria, and Kay seated at the table.

"Look who's finally awake." Raya jokes flipping a pancake.

"Wow, Teagan I'm surprised you slept past noon," Tate adds in looking at me over her shoulder. I walk over to the table and sit across from Tate.

"Same, I also don't remember a single thing from last night." Raya walks up to the table handing me a mug full of what I'm sure is tea.

"Seriously you really don't remember getting up onto the table and dancing?" Raya flicking her wrist with the spatula in her hand.

"Wait. What!" I sputter pressing my fingers into my temple. "You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking!" I groan rubbing my temples

"Yeah, I'm joking." Raya and Tate laugh. Kay looks half asleep and Aria is so focused on whatever she's doing on her laptop.

"Very funny," I mumble letting my head fall to the table.

"Here for your headache." I lift my head a little to see the two small pills in a medicine cup that Raya slid over to me. I thank her and swallow the pills down with my tea. I'm still trying to remember the events of last night but everything is fuzzy. But knowing how I am and how Raya and Tate are, I probably took a couple more shots. Then a couple more to get them off my back about telling me to relax. Then here I am.

"Relax, stopping thinking so hard we're all here safe and sound,

" Raya tells me and Tate nods in agreement. "You had fun right?" Raya adds on.

Although I can't remember much and I don't like that I liked being able to see Raya. I nod and give her a gentle smile to agree. "But anyways don't think that I didn't see you and Jack getting cozy last night." I taunt her. Everyone at the table looks up and mischievously smiles at Raya.

"Spill." Kay and Aria say in unison not taking their eyes off of Raya as she turns off the stove and walks over to the sink to put the pan away.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Raya shrugs and turns away trying to hide the smile appearing on her face. Before I can say anything else the front door opens and Jack walks in with a box of donuts in his hand.

"Speak of the devil," Aria mutters smirking before turning back to her laptop.

When we were all friends in high school I don't think that I'd seen them all touchy-feely. Well probably because Jack's feelings were one-sided but now it looks like things have changed. Before it was only Jack giving Raya longing stares and puppy eyes and Raya being clueless never noticed. I pretended not to notice the same looks he gave her in the halls when he stopped talking to us.

Should talk to him before I leave?

Yes, I most definitely should.

"Huh? What did I do?" Jack sets the box of donuts down in front of us.

"What didn't you do?" Kay tilts her head at him whilst staring him down.

"I don't know? Ry do you wanna tell me?" He smirks as he walks right behind her pressing his body against hers as he grabs a mug from the cabinet above her. A very obvious smirk appears on Raya's face.

"Hey! Hey! Save that for later!" Aria groans while the rest of us try to hide our smiles.

"Yeah, Ry care to tell us?" I taunt her once again while I pull a jelly-filled donut from the box. Her cheeks flare-up which Jack sees and he continues to smirk satisfied with her reaction. He decides to tease her more brushing her hair off of her chest to reveal her neck to him. She slaps his hand away once he starts trailing his fingers down her neck and across her collarbone.

"No, I don't care to," Raya says mockingly as she walks over to the table setting the two plates down filled with bacon and pancakes. I look at her to try to get something out of her but she looks at me and gives me the "later" look which I accept. Raya sits next to me and Jack sets a pile of plates and utensils in front of us then sits at the end of the table closest to Raya.

Kay walks to the fridge grabbing a syrup and pre-cut fruit. "So where are the two?" She asks Jack with her back still facing us.

The two? Oh right, Jack's roommates.

"I don't know where one is but the other is passed out in his room," Jack answers stacking pancakes on his plate.

During breakfast or rather brunch Jack talks about Raya and me during high school. Then the topic switches over to Aria and Kay. They've been in this apartment since their freshman year, which is kinda crazy because they were freshmen and found this amazing off-campus apartment. They had another roommate before Raya but neither of them could stand her. The roommate pretty much felt the same way cause she moved out once the school year ended.

When we finish eating Jack leaves because he has to work out. Before he leaves when he thinks nobody is watching he gives Raya a quick peck against her lips. Which catches her out of surprise. Tate, Kay, Aria, and I all look at each other smiling and waiting for Raya to turn around so we can tease her relentlessly. Kay and Aria have to leave a little after because they have a class. Which leaves me, Tate, and Raya alone in the apartment.

"Spill. Now." I say all giddy like a young teenage girl as I sit on the couch facing Raya.

"I saw you two play footsies underneath the table," Tate smiles mischievously at Raya getting herself comfortable on the couch next to me.

"We were not playing footsies! But fine last night after we started dancing we started making out and he told me he's had feelings for me." Raya admits smiling.

Do I tell her?

Yes, I do.

"Finally! Ry I love you but how can you be so dense. He's had feelings for you since high school." I blurt out. Raya looks at me confused as if she can't believe me.

"What? No, he hasn't." She denies covering her lap with a throw blanket.

"I don't know much of this but, by the way he was looking about you and talking about you those feelings have had to been there for a while." Tate acknowledges.

We continue talking about her and Jack and she talks about how she was confused. At first, they switched up from biting each other's heads off to being nice to each other. Then he just started hanging out with her out of nowhere and now they're here.

***

L texts us that she wants Tate and me to join her and Phillips for dinner tonight. We're already in the city with Raya, Kay, and Aria so we agree. They don't want to intrude on us at dinner so they agree to wander around the city while they wait for us.

We walk into the quaint restaurant L told us to meet her at. I immediately spot her red hair sitting at a table in the front. I walk over to her with Tate following behind me. Sitting next to her is a broad but lean guy. He has short blonde flowy hair and green eyes. I can see why L is attracted to him.

"Hey L, and you must be Phillip I'm Teagan." I turn my attention over to him and offer my hand out.

"L?" He questions but moves on. "Yeah, nice to meet you Teagan." He takes my hand and shakes it.

"L is what we call her. I'm Tate." She clears up his confusion sitting down at the table and I follow her lead.

"Oh, that's a shitty nickname." He laughs. Geez okay, don't have to be rude about it. I look at L but she's looking down at the menu completely unaware. When I look at Tate her brows are furrowed. She looks at me confused and shocked. I don't know how to respond to that so I end up letting out an awkward fake laugh before reading the menu.

Give him a chance. Give him a chance.

We order and he questions our taste in food but Tate and I brush it off once again for L's sake. He is something else with his know-it-all attitude. "So what are you guys majoring in?" Phillip asks as L gets up to use the bathroom.

"I haven't declared yet but I'm about to declare economics." I swirl my straw in my drink.

"Oh." He says too cool for my liking. "Is it not too hard for you?" He asks.

"Why would it be hard for me?" I laugh.

"Well, wouldn't it be hard for a girl to work in the economy?" He says naturally.

Excuse me? I am not a girl I am a woman who is fully capable of doing "hard work".

He was not what I was expecting. At all.

He was alright until he opened his mouth.

He seemed like he was great when L was talking to him on the phone and facetiming him. I mean yeah I've only had short ten-second conversations with him. But am I missing something here or? I look over at Tate discreetly and she has the same disbelief as me written all over her face. I'm at a loss for words.

"I'm thinking about gender studies." Switches the topic over.

You got one more chance. Don't fuck it up.

"That's nice," He says in a condescending tone.

Now you are out of chances.

Before Tate has a chance to ask what he means L comes back.

L looks happy whenever she talks to him and whenever she's around him.

I can't ruin that.

Sorry for not posting anytime soon I've been very busy with school. But in return here's a double update!

Please vote by hitting the star and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 16.1K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
34.3K 1.8K 32
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...
663K 20K 42
2021 Watty's Shortlist! *Mostly edited* T/W: physical abuse "Why did you sign me up for Tinder?" I roll my eyes, "Why else do you think? To get you a...
28.6K 902 30
NPU SERIE (HOCKEY) | BOOK THREE Leslie Laurence needs to get a model as soon as possible or she can say bye to her dream. The only problem is that no...